[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have always said that JWS was not that good. I never felt sorry for him.

Agreed!  JWS has been sneaky, meddling, and passive aggressive.  He is a mirror of his mother, actually, except that she yells louder. 

Although I know some viewers like JWS, I just can't see the attraction at all.  A truly manly man doesn't try to manipulate others feelings by pulling strings behind the scenes the way JWS does.

KJH is upfront and honest and genuine.  There is no question why that is more attractive.

• Like 11

I loved the witty use of the word mirror before KJH takes their first couple picture 

KJH - I ran all this way because I don’t have a single picture of us together.

CSH - wait a second, let me check the mirror.

KJH -  even if you don’t look, you’re pretty.

In Snow White , the evil step mother looks into the enchanted mirror to question who is the fairest woman in the world. Some reviewers believe that the enchanted mirror actually sygnifies relying on the opinion of others about yourself which is what ultimately causes the destruction of the once beautiful queen who grows to become insecure of Snow White.

When KJH tells CSH(Snow White) that she has no need of the mirror and therefore doesn’t need anyone else’s validification, it’s symbolism at its best! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

The backhug in the preview (If that can be considered a backhug lol) reminds me of a comment written by a Korean fan..she said CSH fits perfectly in KJH's arms because of their height difference. :wub:

Actually, one director commented before that SHK’s height (161cm) is an advantage because the angle will always look good on cam due to the height difference. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have to wait for sub. But I doubt the person behind JH's transfer is WS though he is capable of doing so. To be more accurate, I hope it is not him.

(Edit: from recap of dramamilk, WS's mom order director Choi to transfer JH)

It is not hard to see WS never forgets SH even after the divorce and keeps loving her. Just a glimpse of SH's marriage life during the meal and she looked so miserable enough. She is labeled as a divorce now and has to face pressure from all sides but at least she has more freedom than when she was in his house. He acted carelessly in front of  SH and his mom when asking for a divorce but his sad face when walking out betrayed that - it is not a face of a man who said this to test if his wife loves him or not, it is a face of a man who is trying to let go of something he treasures.

With JH's appearance, seem like WS wants to be more active now in trying to get back with SH. He feels threatened, I guess. It is like he wants to have a second chance but just can't find a way to have SH without having to abandon everything like his family, his status, his inheritance; plus he knows he can't make her happy in the suffocating environment of his house. After his dad died, his mom took over the chairman role so she is still in control of everything. The only thing he can threaten his mom with is that he will not live the life of this family's member if she continues trying to hurt SH. 

Of course I don't like how WS approached JH and made him feel comfortable. As an ex-husband, he has no rights to put pressure on JH or decides how SH should be happy. I just say that from WS's point of view, because he has not let go of his feeling for SH, it is not easy for him to see her happy with JH. And even though she seems happy to be with JH now, her CEO position is in danger so who knows if her relationship with JH will bring her happiness or trouble. So far, his reaction is at least better than I think: it is more about reminiscing the past and regret it rather than drastic actions like throwing things around, getting really angry, destroying the business of JH's parents or having JH beaten up. In real life, people with power and money can do way worse things than that. If he really wants to get back with SH now, he should know full well how he has to let her and his mom stay away from each other - it probably means he will finally have to fight back for his own freedom. 

Human's nature is selfish. I already said I can't expect WS to be able to let go of his feeling or feel happy for SH when she is with JH now. How can it even possible now? It takes time for him and other to realize how SH and JH make each other happy. He will make things difficult for the couple, I guess. But in the end, I believe he will be able to sincerely wish her happiness with someone else and have a frank talk with her once and for all. Because he truly cares about her, even though not in the correct way to move her heart. 

I love JH and SH together for sure. And I never says I fancy WS or he is a noble guy or whatever. I am not defending his action but I can see from his point of view why he does the things he does.  He is losing to someone ordinary and his jealousy/ego of a rich man may stand in his way for a while. You can say whatever you want about him not being the right man for SH, how he doesn't truly understand SH and how JH is the totally opposite, it is fine - he totally loses to JH when it comes to love and understanding people or expressing his feeling but his nature is not evil. And it is unfair to say he only cares about himself. Then he let SH go for his sake only? He helped with the painting or celebrity issue only for selfish motive? What about his angry talks with his mom regarding SH?  WS has a lot of issues in his characters that he has to deal with if he wants to let go and be happy himself - but he is someone who can redeem himself too. It is only him who can finally stop his mom. 

P/S: In this episode, I like how HI reacts. She thinks SH is really cool for admitting her relationship - it is a step of acknowledgement from HI about SH's sincere feeling for JH. . She even told JH about someone asking her to write about him on the bulletin board. So far her reaction is grounded and she truly cares about JH that she even dares to call SH directly - she knows SH can stop the unfair treatment towards JH. She has guts 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I have already watched Encounter ep7 without sub again because I felt deeply sad from the story of Kim Jin Hyuk who has been threatened in the workplace from the chaebeol's family with cruel mind,  the paint in the beginning and ending reflected what Kim Jin Hyuk had to bear from the choice of "Pre-relationship" he has with his valuable Cha Soo Hyun. Kim Jin Hyuk's eyes and gesture expressed his gloomy feeling profoundly.

For Cha Soo Hyun, she has just started to express her feeling and enjoy her pre-relationship status with happiness, she will be unconsolable again from tough path she indirectly brought to Kim Jin Hyuk. 

No matter people might have different view about ex-husband but I totally hate this family esp. his mom and ex-husband himself because he had a few years in marriage life to do good deeds to Cha Soo Hyun but he did not, what the heck he is trying to do now and for what. Ex-husband's recent expressions will make Cha Soo Hyun's life worse than she used to be from his evil mom to do with Cha Soo Hyun and definitely Kim Jin Hyuk.

I hate their Chaebeol power to bully Cha Soo Hyun in the psychological way and to threaten Kim Jin Hyuk in the harmful way. :mellow:

The story and script lead KJH and CSH to the point of much deeper understanding and overwhelming love to share their skinship reasonably. I do not appreciate K-drama which sell the lead actor/actress's love scene or kiss scenes just for audiences' entertaining without reasonable tale.:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

22 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

Hoping the kiss isn't the final scene of Ep.08 otherwise we have to wait until next year to see it. I don't think I can wait that long. Lol

I cant even wait now hahaha

I want some open mouthed kiss, with CSH arms around KJH neck and not that tight lip kiss. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6