[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

"A boyfriend." - these two are everything

DuzfgCzWkAIqUU9.jpgDuzfhkNWsAETMcS.jpgDuzfiW8XcAADRXN.jpg

PREVIEW

SH – I am going to see my lawyer just in case there is a lawsuit.

SH – You can give me the car and go home.

Nam – Where are you going? I can drive you there.

SH – I am going on a date

Nam – OKAY! I WILL HOPE OUT HERE!

JH – I want to hug you.

SH – See, the things you say…

JH – It is warm right?

Sh – Yes, it is warm.

JH – Just let me go there and watch me come back later to the place I should be.

https://www.dramamilk.com/encounter-episode-7-live-recap/

• Like 15
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Sorry if I'm boring everyone, but.....

I don't think you've ever written a boring post.  :)  In fact, your posts are what got me hooked on the Soompi forums.  So I'm just saying thank you.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, thistle said:

I don't think you've ever written a boring post.  :)  In fact, your posts are what got me hooked on the Soompi forums.  So I'm just saying thank you.  

Spot on! :thumbsup:

I thought I'd be happy and giddy for this episode but it turned out that I might be too sad later. I dont wanna cry. :dissapointed:

It's true that having to be separated/distanced at that early stage of the relationship is too painful especially if you get used to the person being there at your beck and call. I think it's not about the distance though but the fact that CSH fears are coming true. Remember the beach scene when she thought KJH was sleeping and she said that she chooses to distance herself from people because there was no use, they will be taken away from her and it's too painful to be away from the people she likes. That fear is actually happening again. :heartbreak:

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

Thanks @stroppyse  for all the translations. I have not watched ep 7 but I look forward to watching it tonite (hopefully). I like that the first hurdle that they have to go through after being in a relationship is long distance since it's a realistic and common hurdle that a lot of people can relate to instead of life and death like in other kdrama. I had been in LD relationship for 2.5 years and it was hard, but it definitely provided valuable time and space for me (and my boyfriend now husband) to grow better as a person. Fighting SH and JH!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, larrysouth said:

@dukesa1122 Thanks so much for the additional information on "ssum".  My apologies for writing it as "some".  I used the spelling given on the Viki site.  I really love how I am learning so much more about the Korean culture.  Sadly, in America, I think the art of dating has all but died out.  Both in popular culture and in my son's generation, it seems to be more about "hooking up", group dates, or just texting.  One of the things I truly love about Korean dramas is that there is still this very intimate process of getting to know someone before engaging in sexual activities.  I know that television is not necessarily a complete or accurate depiction of culture but at least it still gives a very romantic view of how couples should grow together.  

I like kdrama and this drama in particular for the same reason that you mentioned above. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The pre-relationship couple.:love:

39mrbflc7ki3.jpg

oj7pc8x9zi7e.jpg

They can stay in this stage for as long as they want, and enjoying the "not forced" romance.

I liked how everyone has a goal in this drama , their interactions with anyone.

The best revolving /most important phase of relationship, when he jog to reach her place. When she stood by him and came back to hotel listening to his transfer. Slay them all! Protect your man.

nbzy48t5wmdo.jpg

eivzf6whvlli.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I do agree that it's not truly a separation, but rather a long distance relationship, but when one likes someone so much, it must be torture to have to be so far away from them, especially at the start of the relationship as they are currently in, and even more so at the thought that the other person might have to go through difficulties alone. Plus, long distance relationships are just not that satisfying, though it is better than not having a relationship with the one you care for at all. So, I'll take solace in that they are still able to support each other albeit from a distance. Plus, Korea is a small country. It's not as if they couldn't run over to see each other now and then. Right?

About a little over a year after being married, I got a new job in a different city from my wife.  We could not do without her income so she had to stay where she was while I moved away.  Because of our jobs, we were both very busy and could not talk on the phone very often.  (Note this was before emails, texting, Skype or smartphones existed.)  About once every other month she would come to visit while we looked at apartments to lease and she would interview for jobs.  This went on for about a year and honestly, it was extremely tough.   The trick is to commit to making the limited time you have together as memorable as possible and as focused on each other as possible.  You should do that as well when you aren't separated by long distance because your partner needs to know they are loved and appreciated. That's how we have stayed married and in love with each other for 35 years.  It seems that CSH and KJH are really committed to making their relationship work so I don't see the long distance issue to be a factor.  In my mind, the real threat will come from all the people who want to destroy CSH and her happiness and in so doing hurt KJH as well.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

boyfriend.png

[Boyfriend] Ep 7 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo to Park Bo Gum, "Not getting cursed at without reason" 

1. [+1172,-45]
Park Bo Gum.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ He matches the role Kim Jin Hyuk well.. ❤️

2. [+842,-25]
Park Bo Gum's gaze leaves a lump in my throat. ㅠㅠ

3. [+767,-25]
It's fun. My heart fluttered watching them act lovey-dovey... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+604,-23]
Boyfriend makes my heart flutter and ache. Park Bo Gum's acting is really amazing! 

5. [+483,-18]
Today's episode was so sweet. It's insane. 

6. [+203,-3]
Today's episode was interesting.. but why does it feel sad.... The two are so direct with each other, that it seems like they are going to break up soon... Park Bo Gum is smiling, but his eyes are so sad that I teared up. ㅠㅠ

7. [+152,-3]
You'll understand Cha Soo Hyun's feelings by looking at Park Bo Gum. ㅋㅋㅋ He's a man that people want, Kim Jin Hyuk. ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+111,-1]
The two are so heart fluttering and cute when they act lovey-dovey. Park Bo Gum has to go to Sok Cho Hotel, it's sad.. 

9. [+103,-3]
This drama is warm and it makes me happy. Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Gyo are so cool!

boyfriend7.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo to Park Bo Gum, "Today's the first day. Don't worry"

1. [+232,-8]
I'd like to be together with Park Bo Gum for a day too. 

2. [+131,-1]
My heart fluttered because they are both straightforward towards each other. They are so lovely, and their chemistry is so good. Park Bo Gum makes my heart flutter.  ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+128,-8]
Today's episode was heart fluttering and sweet. The two are straightforward. 

4. [+58,-0]
It's so sweet. Park Bo Gum's heart fluttering acting is so good. 

5. [+49,-6]
Ah... This is too heart fluttering.... 

6. [+37,-3]
I'm sure that this is a drama made to make viewers jealous. 

7. [+34,-3]
Ah, the two are acting lovey-dovey today too, it's so fun. 

8. [+29,-3]
Park Bo Gum is so heart fluttering. His acting is really good.

P.S. The Naver Video Cuts have thousands of comments with thousands of upvotes. if only I knew Korean, sigh!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

'Boyfriend' Song Hye-kyo ♥ Park Sook-gum, After the Thum Recognition Crisis ... Record up to 9.8%

2018-12-20 07:30:14

2018122001001420800103621.jpg

[Sports Korea] [TVN 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Kyo - Park Bo Sook faced the farewell crisis at the same time as recognizing 'Thum'. In the meantime, it is expected that the government will take the lead in the future.

The 7th rating of 'Boyfriend' was 8.6% on average for pay-TV platforms that integrated cable, IPTV, satellite, and 9.8% on the top. TVN target (male and female 2049) ratings also climbed 4.6%, up 5.2%, followed by a strong first place in the all time zone including all terrestrial channels. (Paid platform nationwide / provided by Nielsen Korea 

) The 7th TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-a / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, Even though it was a crisis, it caused a stir in the mind for each other.

On this day, Suhyeon attracted attention with his attitude changed from that of 'Thum'. In particular, Suhyun declared to Su-Hyun-mo (the last person) to declare, "I have lived as a worthy child now, and now I want to live my life." In addition, Suhyun told Jinhyuk, "It is one day from today, not Cha Seo Hyun who was sold to Tae Kyung Group. It is not Cha Seo Hyun who likes to blame for no reason. Thank you. 

However, this caused a sudden aftermath of Suhyeon and Jinhyeon, which made them feel sad. An emergency board meeting was held on the grounds of Suh Hyun's privacy, and Choi Choi (Park Sung Geun) and senior executives threatened the representative position. In addition, Kim Chae-jang (Cha-hyeon-yeon) started to move Suhyeon to take down from the representative position of Donghwa Hotel by appointing a lawyer. In addition, Kim has deceived Cha Jonghyun (Moon Sung-geun), a representative of Suhyeon and Culture Party, and exposes the dining room to the reporters with the representative of the Hwangmangdang Party.

Jinhyuk faced a crisis that would be issued by Sokcho under the direction of Kim. Jinhyeok received the news of the issuance of Sokcho at the same time that he was aware of the fact that Suhyun's position was at stake and he could not hide his complicated mind. Jinhyuk knows what a fairy tale hotel is better than anyone else. Jinhyeok said, "If there is something that we have to endure, let 's keep good memories from Cuba to today," Jinhyeok said to Su Hyun. In addition, Su-hyun's ex-husband Woo-suk (Jang Seung-jo) also shows a direct check of Jinhyuk's relationship with Suhyun, and he is interested in how to overcome this difficulty. 

Meanwhile, in the crisis, the relationship between Suhyun and Jinhyuk became more solid. Jinhyuk, who had not been released for a long time, ran in the desire to see Suhyeon, and arrived at the house of some bird. Suhyun said, "Jinhyuk always rushes, Sokcho, to my house. It is an extreme situation, but the appearance of two people who are first to the opponent made the viewers warm. 

However, at the end of the broadcast, Suhyun became aware of the announcement of Jinhyeok Sokcho, and tension was formed. Hye-in (former Sony person) informed Suhyun that he was heading to the airport for overseas business trip. Suhyeon turned the car straight back and returned to the company, and soon he called Choi Choi with a cool expression, so he wondered about the future development. 

Since then, various social networking and online communities have been posting a lot of films such as "Kim Jin-hyeok in the eyes," "ending in the drama too cool," "drama accumulating emotions," " I want to see a person like Jinhyeok in my life, "" Suhyeon and Jinhyuk are forcibly breaking up. "" If you look at me, I feel like I'm dating slowly and slowly, "" Ending tension, ? 8 times too much wonder "and various reactions were poured. 

tvN 'Boyfriend' is a thrilling melodramatic drama that started with the accidental encounter of Suhyeon, who never lived his chosen life, and free and clear soul devotion. Today (20th) will be broadcast 8 times at 9:30 pm. 

supremez@sportschosun.com.....source @http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201812200100142080010362&ServiceDate=20181220&f_url=https://t.co/d60h5K9Aeh?amp=1#_enliple
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

Pleas Someone enlighten me,what is terrestial channel?it is same like a public channels like KBS etc?

Way to go boyfriend!!!! Fighting!!! 

Terrestial Channels are Public Broadcasting Channels....KBS, SBS, MBC

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

.....The trick is to commit to making the limited time you have together as memorable as possible and as focused on each other as possible.  You should do that as well when you aren't separated by long distance because your partner needs to know they are loved and appreciated. That's how we have stayed married and in love with each other for 35 years.....

Your wife is fortunate indeed.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1