[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, she wants to keep her son around her. So CSH coming from another social class and being a divorcee was the perfect excuse for her

This is actually an angle I didnt consider. She cant be that selfish? :angry:

@jl08 Thank you chingu! I’m on IV meds right now. I’ll be fine

@yonaomi123

I agree. Blindly following orders and conforming to the norms just because of prejudice and taboo. You made a good point there!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jl08 said:

Agree....provided they live in a bubble with no other people to consider.

I agree that SH and JH should talk it over but in this instance, she can't. It's betrayal of his mum to the highest degree and ultimately might prove his mum right that she's not to be trusted. Add that to the mum's list of fearful about disruption to their normal lives etc...

I said yesterday that if CSH confides in KJH about his mum, hell might break lose if JH confronts his mum..

In this drama, we are at the mercy of the writer...hahahaha

But in real life, if this kind of situation happens, SH has to open up and communicate with JH on the issue. In real life, it would be better for JH to hear it directly from SH instead of from anybody else. JH is mature enough to be able to handle his own mom...he has been his son for 30 years so SH should trust that JH would be able to give guidance and convince his family. If SH doesn't trust that JH can handle the situation then they should not get married imo. 

In real life, relationship with in-laws is never easy and in order to have a good marriage, both partners need to be 100% open to each other in order to face whatever challenges that they may have. Relationship with in laws is tricky for many families so from the beginning of the relationship, there has to be an agreement between the couple on how to handle each side of the family and communication is key. 

Anyway, this is just a drama, so we're at the mercy of the logic of the writer. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, I hope, CSH doesn't break up with JH. T

Me too. I don't want to see another heartbreaking scene. They had already gone through one and all in the same episode too. This time, it spills over to another episode. I hope either the tea lady, or Sec Jang or Dae Chan would drop the secret to KJH. I've no doubt that JH's omma will finally give them her blessings.I don't dislike her at all. Like you, I just don't condone her action this once.

All's well that ends well...so yeah, let's stay positive and hope for the good times to come. I must say that the people were so blessed to see this beautiful couple at the last part....in the library, out on the streets etc....I could see some shocked faces....:D

And I really need to go find my ice-cream...#Boyfriend has sapped all my energy. -_-

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I think SH's conversation with EX implied that she would let JH go after the perfect final date. Because like she said, the attitude and manner of breaking up are also important. I dont blame her for that. Because like what she said to EX, it must be hard and suffocating for her because she cant share with anyone. But on second note, she shared with the tea lady about JH mother visiting her. So let's cross finger that the tea lady will make some magic to help our OTP.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I think what really irked me about JH’s mum tonight was when she said that a mother’s love can never change but SH’s might. Something to that effect. I kinda get where she’s coming from but...

It just sounded a bit possesive, I don’t know if it’s just my overall mood but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. 

@yonaomi123 excellent point, chingu

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Bogummy filming alone at a bus stop few hours ago...

Jinhyuk-ahhhhhh T_T

=

It breaks my heart to see Soohyun eyes are all so puffed up in today's episode...
T_T

For now till Wednesday, I will probably just lurk here and do something to stop myself from watching E14, I already told myself not to watch E13 last night but I ended up opening it and cried while watching................. Esp those two sofa scenes and the final scene (ahem!)

Compared to E13, E14 is full of gogumas! But i guess I'll just have to hope for the best will come good next week

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thao Le said:

I think SH's conversation with EX implied that she would let JH go after the perfect final date. Because like she said, the attitude and manner of breaking up are also important. I dont blame her for that. Because like what she said to EX, it must be hard and suffocating for her because she cant share with anyone. But on second note, she shared with the tea lady about JH mother visiting her. So let's cross finger that the tea lady will make some magic to help our OTP.

So first our JinSoo couple had a fairy godfather, now in the final moment the fairy godMother is revealed to be Teacher Lee.  :blush: let’s hope!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I think what really irked me about JH’s mum tonight was when she said that a mother’s love can never change but SH’s might. Something to that effect. I kinda get where she’s coming from but...

It just sounded a bit possesive, I don’t know if it’s just my overall mood but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. 

@yonaomi123 excellent point, chingu

ia about the possessive tone. What he said before that sort of proves that she is possessive. 

JH: In this whole wide world there are only two women I love, you and that woman. Now you will ask me who I love more. I love you both equally, it’s just different kind of love.

Mom : yes, it’s different JH ah. Omma’s love will not change whereas...

JH: her love will not change either. 

@dukesa1122 feel better!! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Watching ep 13 & 14 gave me some insights:

1. Courage and Weakness are 2 sides of a coin.

To start a relationship requires courage. When JH saw SH being publicly ridiculed at the workplace, took a courageous step forward to ask her out for ramyeon. When JH was described as a stalker in a press conference, SH declared that JH and her are in a pre- relationship stage.

As relationship grows, the heart cares more, fears gnaw away courage and  weakness begins

JH, after being confronted by WS, was fearful that his love for SH might be a burden to her. To protect her, he lied that dinner at his family’s was postponed so that she could attend ex Father in law’s death anniversary. Similarly, SH was tormented when she saw JH and family suffered for being thrown into limelight. She toyed with the idea of breaking up with him.

1. Tears can be testament of growth

When the heart is opened to love, feelings can overwhelm indifference.

Being in a relationship with JH, experiencing how precious she was to JH, SH was no longer indifferent. She expressed her feelings. She cried when JH mum asked her to break up with JH. The ice princess is now a warm hearted human being.

So much to learn from this show.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

"I thought about whether or not his parents would like me. I guess that's what I feared the most. If I end up disrupting the normal life and happiness of Jin Hyuk's family, that'll be wrong of me. Should I still insist though? Should I apologize and beg for their understanding? Don't you think I can do that?" 

Thanks for making me cry buckets tonight, writer-nim. :bawling: 

She can't even talk to JH about this because he'll tell her not to worry and then suffer on his own.

The dilemma..

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

6 hours ago, gigivillaceran said:

My God since the drama start till end im crying what is going on do i have to prepare myself cos i think there will be no happy ending, Jinsoo the mother's is evil, now how can i start my day tom if the episode tonight stuck in my head and thinking if we have a happy ending i have no energy right now Soohyun can i borrow your sleeping pills pls

I have not seen episode 14; however, I do not think Jin-Soo's mom is evil...misguided, yes...evil, no.  She is from an older generation that thinks everyone should stay in their place. 

Although she worries for her son, she did not have the right to go to Soo-Hyun and tell her to break up with him, because he might get hurt. 

As I stated about WS's mother, parents should stay out of their grown children's decisions.  Talk to them as Jin Soo's father did, counsel them if necessary; however, the final decision has to be the "grown" child's.  If they get hurt in the process, be there for them, offer a shoulder to lean on.  People learn when they make their own mistakes, follow their own hearts and make their decisions, good or bad.  The parent's job is to be there for their children if they fall.  Jin-Soo's mom for all her good intentions, let her fears and insecurities get in the way of Jin-Soo's happiness.  Actually, she is the one that hurt him.  The people on the outside mean nothing to him; however, he loves his mother and yet she could not see pass those jealous people in her small circle to embrace her son's decision.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

You are absolutely correct that in the context of the lamplighter, it could be CSH

I previously said that the Little Prince could also be CSH. 

The little prince

rOwTnOw.jpg

and his rose :P

20BCRem.jpg

I kid, but CSH has been wearing red a lot ... :lol:

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

I hate that the writer took the direction of girlfriend vs mother, very cliche. And I also hate that she makes all the moms problematic, while the dads are all cool and supportive... What a sexist coincidence. :angry:

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

my heart wont be able to take this... ! 

i am passing this 2 episode till i see the rainbow next week. 

this is just soooo sad!!! so heart breaking! :tears:

my hope who i am clinging to right now to save them both... my cupid hero Driver Nam! i hope he comes and save those lost and lonely souls again...just like he did that NY Eve celebrations. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

The Power of 'Boyfriend' Pure Melo....

Enter the article at 9:01 am
Last modified 2019.01.18 at 12:41 am......                                    Song Hye Kyo who is ringing in the audience, this is the Queen of Tears
20190117000168_0_20190118004145466.jpg?type=w430_q70View original[Herald economy = Seo Byung-ki senior reporter] 'Boyfriend' is pure melody without genre combination. It was difficult to drag the mini series with the power of melody, so it was often the case to combine professional genres and thrillers with melodies to present a hybrid genre format. It is a kind of risk-sharing walk. But the power of the melody came out as usual. 
When I saw the drama on the ending of Song Hye - kyo 's tears, I could not cry well and the tears came out. I do not think it's going to be the audience's demand that the Saad ending is not possible. 
The story of this drama is nothing special. Only the sex of the chaebol and the ordinary woman changed. In the early days, there was also a sound of a cliché setting, but now there are a lot of emotional viewers. 
I thought it was a drama that received 'buff' with Song Hye Kyo and Park Sookmyung's face to concentrate on Melo only. But now it's become a melodrama that receives 'buffs' from both feelings and heart. 
Kim Jin-hyuk, who plays Park Sung-gum, is surprisingly straight forward. It is soft but strong, mild but obvious. It is trustworthy. Kim Jin-hyuk, who grows up to be a man of integrity from a pure youth with a warm and confident genius and a confident confession, draws a fine picture. 
Cha Seo-hyun, produced by Song Hye-kyo, is supported by both male and female viewers. When it is strong, it is strong, and when it is soft, it is infinite. It means that it can be distinguished. Song Hye - kyo goes well with both the bright melodrama and the sad melody. Especially excellent for acting like pure fairy tale love. The tears at that time are the best weapons. The pure, simple and pretty love of those who are not calculated as the world becomes cloudy makes us feel like surrogacy.
The TVN drama 'Boyfriend' 13th broadcast on 16th showed the love of Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum) and Cha Soo-hyun (Song Hye-kyo) again. Chae Soo-hyun did not go to the anniversary celebration for her father-in-law but went to the home of Kim Jin-hyuk. 
Jinhyuk said to Su-hyun, "Time without Mr. Suh is not my time. I live with me for a long time. " It is because it feels genuine that it does not come to a point and it approaches to the throbbing. 
But why is it so difficult to love these two? The tears of Song Hye-kyo (Cha Soo-hyun) made the hearts of viewers sick. For someone, ordinary things can be a dream for someone. Because she was a dreamer who knew the happiness of ordinary people desperately and desperately, she could not say anything to the request of the mother who wanted to not break the ordinaryness and had to shed tears. 
On the same day, Cha Seo-hyun came up one step closer to Kim Jin-hyuk (Boo Sookmoon), who had courage. However, Cha Seo-hyun's face, which can not be laughed at in the face of reality, makes the hearts of the audience grin. Even in the confession of Kim Jin-hyeong that he wanted to live together for a long time, Cha Seo-hyun avoided the answer and only looked at the bouquet that he gave complicatedly. 
Cha Soo-hyun's eyes were sad and painful. The past and memories keep catching their ankles. The marriage to the Taekyung group was a bitter memory for Cha Seo-hyun, and it was difficult and heavy for her to stand with a pretty bouquet. "I can really dream of it," said Cha Soo-hyun, worried that he would be greedy even dreaming of happiness. 
Because it was happiness that I thought so dearly and cherished, Cha's tears came to hurt more. At the request of his mother to leave Kim Jin-hyeok, Cha Soo-hyun poured tears silently. In the shaking eyes, turning his head, and watching the silent crying face, the audience got along well. 
Song Hye - kyo 's emotional performance, which adds depth, further illuminated the scene. Her tears were full of Cha Sung-hyun's complicated and sad feelings, and Kim Jin-hyeok's desire not to leave her hands. Without any ambassadors, it was Song Hye - kyo who conveyed emotions with only tears flowing down. It was an hour to let her know why she was a non-substitute actor. 
In the next trailer, Cha Soo-hyun said, "I will not answer if the ordinary happiness of Jinhyuk's family is shaken because of me." I can understand her mother 's heart, but can not I just let these two people love her. 
However, Song Hye Kyo and Park 
Sogeong , why do they act so well .. wp@heraldcorp.com....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001488220&lfrom=twitter

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Tbh I'm annoyed at JH's mum but I guess I won't put her on the same level as the other two. Imo she's conservative and unfortunately it's causing a problem for our OTP. I just hope she realises that she isn't doing anything good by separating her son from the only woman he loves.

How I wish JH's dad knew what she did so that he could talk some sense into her. Lol

DxH4pzPU0AAQ0lC?format=jpg&name=large

DxH3F_TVYAUpZqP?format=jpg&name=large

DxH3F_LUYAAdjKz?format=jpg&name=large

ctto

So cute! :wub:

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

ia about the possessive tone. What he said before that sort of proves that she is possessive. 

JH: In this whole wide world there are only two women I love, you and that woman. Now you will ask me who I love more. I love you both equally, it’s just different kind of love.

Mom : yes, it’s different JH ah. Omma’s love will not change whereas...

JH: her love will not change either. 

@dukesa1122 feel better!! 

And her words underlines a certain delusion: she assumes that JH's love for her will never change too. Yet I doubt that once JH knows about his mother's action, he will still love her like before. This will change him... such a disappointment which will help him to put some boundaries towards his mother. To me, her words clearly show that she thinks, she will remain his biggest love. CSH as such is not the problem in the end... it is the other woman in general. So this oedipal complex hasn't been solved.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6