[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

31 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Who decides should take responsibility.

I couldn't agree more. 

In this case, it is KJH's mum who decides what should be done. So she should take responsibility. Totally agree.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

*delurking mode again*

so are they breaking up or not? I’ve been holding myself not to see all the recaps for this episode but I got a bit anxious when I scrolled through the comments :wacko:

quick comments on JH’s mum, as some has pointed before, in reality there are Moms who will not be happy if their son is in love with someone whose social status is above them — aside being a divorcée and older as well —.. It is not just about how scary public can easily judged the one with lower status chasing after money etc. but also in laws with higher status usually behaving too snob because they thought they are above the other family. Would you think you would be happy to have that kind of in laws & drama in your “peaceful” life in a long run?  Yes, it sounds selfish but it is understandable where she came from and it really is up to SH and JH to overcome this by convincing her that she has nothing to worry about.

hold on... I got a premonition... What if next episode is the showdown drama between CSH mom and JH mom? Who will devour who? I imagine JH and CSH come to Mama JH to defend her but instead, Mama JH defends JH’s love for CSH and declares her utmost support for our OTP to spite CSH’s Mom! So, the break up plea is canceled... Ha! What a twist!! B)

Now I understand what u r trying to do here writer nim.. <_<so yes yes... happy ending again confirmed.. ok now I can watch happily today’s episode when the Eng sub is out -_-:D

Anyhoooo.. sorry for my nonsense.. too anxious to watch today’s episode with Eng sub...

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I think we should all take a break, go eat something nice and sweet. Lots of chocolate!! I’m off to eat some.

I would want some but im in the ER. My tummy hurts like hell. It doesnt help the fact that my heart is heavy. Im about to be admitted. Food poisoning. And all I can think about is if CSH will break up with KJH or not. :vicx:

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Sweet mother of Mary it is!! That’s the lamplighter who lives in the tiniest planet. He is bound by duty to light and put out the lamp in his planet. Trouble is, his planet makes a complete turn every minute so he has to light and unlight the lamp twice in a minute.

He is a tired man but he can’t stop because those are his orders. The Little Prince loved that man because he was faithful to his orders. He also admired that the lamplighter thought of someone else besides himself. 

The Little Prince wanted to stay to be his friend but his planet was so small and could not fit two people

Oh my goodness! Is JH the lamplighter? 

I need a drink

Never read The Little Prince but this makes me really want to. 

On the other hand, based on your description of the lamplighter, wouldn't it make be SH instead? For me, I see SH character in the beginning as someone who was always following what was dictated to her and even till now with what happened with the Mom, she is torn into following not her own, but someone else's order. Of course, not that this is entirely negative on her character. SH is mostly bound by her fate to begin with. Anyway, just my thought. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

And all I can think about is if CSH will break up with KJH or not

Oh my, chingu....your tummy is unwell but you're thinking of CSH and KJH breaking up or not? :D

How are you? Are you in the ER as a staff or as a patient? I'm confused....:P

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, aiyumestranger said:

Never read The Little Prince but this makes me really want to. 

On the other hand, based on your description of the lamplighter, wouldn't it make be SH instead? For me, I see SH character in the beginning as someone who was always following what was dictated to her and even till now with what happened with the Mom, she is torn into following not her own, but someone else's order. Of course, not that this is entirely negative on her character. SH is mostly bound by her fate to begin with. Anyway, just my thought. 

You are absolutely correct that in the context of the lamplighter, it could be CSH

I previously said that the Little Prince could also be CSH. 

Writernim is definitely lurking in this thread and is pulling our leg

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

This! Don't blame SH when it was his mum who caused them to suffer. No matter how good her intention was, it wasn't the right thing to do. 

Hide contents

Kinda reminds me of the time when some fans were blaming KMY for rejecting YSJ in DotS. They didn't even try to understand why she had to do that. Lol

Yes to that! It was not the right thing to do.  No matter your intention is being a mother is not living for the sake of the world but for the sake of your children's happiness.   She should have talked first to her dearest son. But I always believe that a mother is a mother in terms of loving their children and wanting for the happiness of their children. and so there will be a revamp of Jinhyuk's Omma attitude towards Soohyun because she will see how much Jinhyuk will suffer. 

This drama is draining my heart. I can't able to predict what is the writer's plan because when we thought it is the MIL that would give the OTP hard times - it happened now that it is Jinhyuk's Omma.

Just hoping for the best.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@leedonghaek

Wow! Thanks for all the sweet gifs, dear. You're the best! haha....Diffusing the time bombs here.....:D

30 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I think we should all take a break, go eat something nice and sweet. Lots of chocolate!! I’m off to eat some.

LOL..chingu, we need sugar to sweeten our mood right now. You're darn right...I'm off to find ice-cream...need the sweetness badly and it's good to cool the system too... :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

33 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

My weak heart :tears:

Oh @thistle let's wait until last episode :tears:

Hugs again!  I am definitely waiting.

And I'm not sure how much I will follow this thread because I find all the negative comments very dis-heartening (especially the ones about JH's mom--she's just a humble person who was trying to save her son; her intentions were good even if her actions were poor.  We all make mistakes, and JH deeply loves his mom; so I think she is due some respect.  And I don't like the notion that there will be a sad or an open ending; I don't believe that for a moment.)

Anyway, I usually find it best not to watch eps 13-16 on most dramas until the final airs.  But I read recaps so I know what is going on.  And then I watch the last couple of scenes of the final episode.  Only then am I ready to watch 13-16.  

Yes, it's not unusual for me to do this.  In fact, there was one show that I loved but I could Not watch after episode 2; I had to read caps and wait until the whole drama was done.  Totally worth the wait.  But I surely couldn't watch while it aired.

Spoiler

It was Come Here and Hug Me.

Sometimes we just have to recognize our own limits for what they are.  Respect your weak heart because it's a good thing--it means that you care a lot.  I'm a lot more worried about people who have no feelings--they are the ones who scream just to be heard, and that's no good. 

You'll be fine.  I'll be fine.  And I'm confident that we will be happily surprised with the wonderful things that the screenwriter has in store.  It's gonna be a good ending.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, jl08 said:

How are you? Are you in the ER as a staff or as a patient? I'm confused....:P

Spoiler

Im a patient right now. Seriously. I almost smacked my nurse friend while she was trying to put my IV coz thats when I read about CSH breaking up with KJH. Thanks to this drama, I get diverted to how my stomach hurts  atm. :sweatingbullets:

9 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Writernim is definitely lurking in this thread and is pulling our leg

I think they really are. What with everyone micro analysing everything in this drama. They must have tapped each others backs because people actually paid attention to those. Thanks to @bebebisous33 and everyone else here for that. Come to think of it, where is our dear bebebisous?

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I get diverted to how my stomach hurts  atm

Oh dear!

Please take care, chingu. Get well soon cos you'll be treated to a happy ending for our OTP. I'm pretty sure it'll be.

One more week to go so you can take your time to recuperate.... :)

For now, I just want to rewatch our OTP's sweet moments in all the eps...and abstain from the blame game.....seriously.  lol..

PD Nim -- you caused havoc not only in CSH's and KJH's lives but also in our lives....see what you've done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, thistle said:

Hugs again!  I am definitely waiting.

And I'm not sure how much I will follow this thread because I find all the negative comments very dis-heartening (especially the ones about JH's mom--she's just a humble person who was trying to save her son; her intentions were good even if her actions were poor.  We all make mistakes, and JH deeply loves his mom; so I think she is due some respect.  And I don't like the notion that there will be a sad or an open ending; I don't believe that for a moment.)

Anyway, I usually find it best not to watch eps 13-16 on most dramas until the final airs.  But I read recaps so I know what is going on.  And then I watch the last couple of scenes of the final episode.  Only then am I ready to watch 13-16.  

Yes, it's not unusual for me to do this.  In fact, there was one show that I loved but I could Not watch after episode 2; I had to read caps and wait until the whole drama was done.  Totally worth the wait.  But I surely couldn't watch while it aired.

Hide contents

It was Come Here and Hug Me.

Sometimes we just have to recognize our own limits for what they are.  Respect your weak heart because it's a good thing--it means that you care a lot.  I'm a lot more worried about people who have no feelings--they are the ones who scream just to be heard, and that's no good. 

You'll be fine.  I'll be fine.  And I'm confident that we will be happily surprised with the wonderful things that the screenwriter has in store.  It's gonna be a good ending.  

Let's DRINK to that!  LOL.:blush:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think they really are. What with everyone micro analysing everything in this drama. They must have tapped each others backs because people actually paid attention to those. Thanks to @bebebisous33 and everyone else here for that. Come to think of it, where is our dear bebebisous?

I was busy at school. I just came back and only read the comments after the ending. I feel like I should wait for the weekend before watching the episodes from this week. 

Honestly, I hope, CSH doesn't break up with JH. The latter needs to hear what happened between his mother and CSH. Moreover, the intention of JH's mother is definitely selfish. To me, she wants to keep her son around her. So CSH coming from another social class and being a divorcee was the perfect excuse for her. She didn't know that HI had a crush on JH, only her husband and JM noticed this. All this speaks volume to me. She never saw HI as a thread because of JH's behavior. JH has always taken care of her: see the gift, he spent his reward for his mother, while the father said, he should have used for himself...  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Just as I thought. 

The only person who can finally 'get SH out of jail, " is her father.   Since many episodes ago, I had the feeling that he was dying.  His calmness about his wife's barrages, SH's troubles and his reconnecting with old friends all indicate that he holds the final solution to everything.

Edited by Auntie Mame
grammar correction
  • Like 14
  • Sad 6

9 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Just as I thought. 

The only person who can finally 'get SH out of jail, " is her father.   Since many episodes ago, I had the feeling that he was dying.  His calmness about his wife's barrages, SH's troubles and his reconnecting with old friends all indicated that he held the final solution to everything.

I once had this thought too.. maybe his intention to meet JH was this.. 

Will absolutely wait to watch last 3 episodes next week

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Sweet mother of Mary it is!! That’s the lamplighter who lives in the tiniest planet. He is bound by duty to light and put out the lamp in his planet. Trouble is, his planet makes a complete turn every minute so he has to light and unlight the lamp twice in a minute.

He is a tired man but he can’t stop because those are his orders. In fact the Little Prince offered him a solution so he can rest (by walking three steps towards daylight all the time in his planet) but he refused because all he wanted to do in life was to sleep. The Little Prince loved that man because he was faithful to his orders. He also admired that the lamplighter thought of someone else besides himself. 

The Little Prince wanted to stay to be his friend but his planet was so small and could not fit two people. He also loved that his planet had 1440 sunsets. And we all know how cathartic sunsets are for CSH

Oh my goodness! Is JH the lamplighter? Or is it CSH? Jiminy cricket!

I need a drink or some chocolates...take me with you @ahdrianaa

Thank you for writing all that out!! I couldn’t remember what the lamplighter’s storyline was!!

However I don’t believe JinHyuk or the SooHyun is the lamp lighter though.  I think this is whole Little Prince thing is a fakeout.  The whole story has been about subverting expectations and becoming more than the characters ever thought they could be.  Secretary Jang finding the good heart in a man without a fancy car or academic qualifications.  SooHyun opening herself up to the world.  SooHyun’s dad letting go of his political ambitions and happily deciding to dream a new dream.  I think we are supposed to take away that blindly following orders like the lamp lighter does is one way of expressing love and respect, but there are other ways.  Ways that might be better or lead to greater happiness

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4