[OFFICIAL] Park Seo Joon ❤️ Park Min Young【ParkPark ♥ BuBi Couple】

minseojoon

29 minutes ago, parkparkloveu said:

But the fact is: No actor or actress will ever admit they care about the ratings. But reality is they are only humans and of course they are not happy if their work will not get the ratings they hoped for.  But since they cannot do anything about it, they usually just try to promote and go with the flow until the drama ends and for Koreans who sell the drama abroad, they have the chance for their drama to become hit internationally. Healer for example was not that high ratings in Korea but was a big hit internationally. 

For cable channel 2% above are not bad rating still average..5% above high..10% above a big hit..hpl really popular among idol fan and international..just like healer..pmy gain a lot new fan among idol fan..the successful drama not only base on rating but the content and audience target..hlp will still maintain around 2% until end..course of young people like to watch online..adult and older will not watch..even me not into this kind of drama just watch fast forward online..

16 minutes ago, seoseo said:

For cable channel 2% above are not bad rating still average..5% above high..10% above a big hit..hpl really popular among idol fan and international..just like healer..pmy gain a lot new fan among idol fan..the successful drama not only base on rating but the content and audience target..hlp will still maintain around 2% until end..course of young people like to watch online..adult and older will not watch..even me not into this kind of drama just watch fast forward online..

I disagree because here is the statistics how to classify the ratings of cable K-dramas. This is based on 2018 dramas may change yearly but not so much change per year. 2% falls under Poor. 

E68-E1-E4-E-367-D-442-E-BDE7-6-AE87-A1-D

some fans of TYH are upset at TvN for pushing HPL too hard.. and they said TvN is unfair :crazy:.. now they said HPL has low rating so that’s y TvN is pushing it.. tsk tsk... to be fair, not only TYH,...WWWSK, Encounter, Familiar Wife or even Goblin did not get the privilege of having a special ep aired prior to the drama itself..  so i dont understand why suddenly they are fussing about TvN was being unfair to TYH.. it is what it is... 

The style of TVN of having one week gap after each drama ends started only in 2019 so there were no pre airing special episodes in dramas which aired in 2018.

(How I wished there was a special episode for WWWSK :lol:) WWWSK had lesser promo than HPL but the drama soared high in the ratings.

For TYH which started Feb 2019, I think there was no special episode because they were not able to prepare it. Maybe the decision for one week gap per drama came at a time when TYH was already about to be aired. 

I laughed for the whole HPL eps. That means it have fun stories. It is just the SDM's fantasies that I see it overly edited? I think it is okay to have that kinda scenes but it was too long and some of it are unnecessary.

(I dont blame our queen's acting skills here. I'm kinda annoyed with the HPL writer and director. Sorry for being too honest.:tears:)

I am not from Korea.. but trust me if HPL is televised here.  the ratings would soar high! :P 

yes, ratings are important to a tv network, because thats how they make business... and actors are obliged to do promotions to push their drama.

but I could understand that maybe there's not a lot of people who can relate to the "fangirl" life. This still depends on the demographic (age bracket of viewers). those born from 1980s onwards may undertstand but not totally enjoy the plot (like some of us here). But for me.. so far I just enjoy it. I really appreciate PMYs acting more than ever! :thumbsup:

correct me if Im wrong.. but Oh My Ghost, didnt do well ratings too. but I know a lot of people who enjoyed watching it.. me included.:D

Article in Weibo about low ratings for TYH and HPL. 

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/66830933.html?weibo_id=4362921901840262

As discussed here recently, HPL has limited audience - for the young fangirls who prefer watching online so, it will not count as ratings. 

Love story drama itself is limited mostly for female audience and having sub genre romcom - fangirling topic makes the drama  audience more limited.

Family dramas that are relatable to all ages are the ones which usually become blockbuster. While WWWSK is a romcom lovestory, it has family drama story too. I still remember the discussion here in this thread before when WWWSK ratings dropped after the kidnapping issue has been resolved. Probably because the male viewers interested only on the suspense part had stopped watching. 

PSJ with Simba all the time, PMY with Leon all the time when at home..:D

he's cute when he said he " I do a mask pack"... sooo.  who helps you with you mask pack PSJ?? because we know someone who does it too.. like maybe 3 times a day! :tounge_wink:

• LOL 6

On 4/19/2019 at 11:59 PM, zashi23 said:

but Oh My Ghost, didnt do well ratings too

yeah the rating for the 1st ep was low, around 3% but the last ep of OMG had 8% rating.  IMO, ppl dont watch drama jst bcoz they are relatable to them.. majority of dramas arent relatable to real life.. ppl watch it anyway bcoz they like it or they use it as an escape from reality. take OMG for eg, im not a ghost, not a shaman, not a detective, nor i hv brother who was killed.. supposedly i couldnt relate to the whole plot but the drama itself was nice and funny. and it had some mystery plots so i also enjoyed it like you.. if HPL is only targetting a small demographic audience, such as young idol fangirls, or young women, they should have pick a younger leading cast, maybe singer-actor to appeal to their crowd.. the fact that they chose KJW/PMY as leading cast means they want this drama to hv larger audience coz KJW/PMY has wider fanbase, beyond certain age groups..

IMO, the reasons y HPL has low rating, are not bcoz ppl couldnt relate to fangirling or bcoz they didnt like the casts or bcoz they only targeted smaller audience..  it was the tacky fantasy scenes and poor editing that made ppl dropped it.. even a 15 y/o girl who is living nxt to my door said some of scenes were too childish for her and she’s basically a child herself ...  that’s y it is upsetting to me.. i think HPL has so much potential if the director did a better job at directing.. or at least drop the shallow scenes..  HPL has such a beautiful set of casts and this kind of poorly executed slapstick comedy didnt do them justice IMO..  if ur gonna do slapstick in drama, at least do it right.. 

On 4/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, twoparkcouple said:

Iteawon calss is about a male lead's challenge story of setting up a restaurant in Itaewon after a male lead's father was died by a president of a large restaurant company.

Sounded like mix of the plot of his upcoming movie and Youn’s Kitchen. Looks like this kind of role really suits him.

11 hours ago, jingjaja said:

It seems that PSJ wants to talk about Simba more than before.:smirk:

Wondered he wanted to keep Simba private when he deleted many pics of Simba in his IG. But here comes again after his last post of Simba pic:lol:

12 hours ago, jingjaja said:

It seems that PSJ wants to talk about Simba more than before.:smirk:

We don't have the interviewer's questions, or the set questions for this online "intro."  It is likely that they asked about Simba specifically for the "cute factor" that they know female fans want. :). When magazines know that a star has a famous pet that fans know about, they'll often include questions about the pet. :D

14 hours ago, zashi23 said:

I am not from Korea.. but trust me if HPL is televised here.  the ratings would soar high! :P 

yes, ratings are important to a tv network, because thats how they make business... and actors are obliged to do promotions to push their drama.

but I could understand that maybe there's not a lot of people who can relate to the "fangirl" life. This still depends on the demographic (age bracket of viewers). those born from 1980s onwards may undertstand but not totally enjoy the plot (like some of us here). But for me.. so far I just enjoy it. I really appreciate PMYs acting more than ever! :thumbsup:

correct me if Im wrong.. but Oh My Ghost, didnt do well ratings too. but I know a lot of people who enjoyed watching it.. me included.:D

International fans' viewing numbers (streaming sites) are also important because they raise the fee that streaming sites pay for the rights to show a particular drama. So even if ratings aren't high in Korea, a drama can become very successful because s lot of international fans watched it and loved it. That happened with many dramas. "Hwarang" didn't get high ratings in Korea,  in part because ARMY were upset that V didn't get a bigger role, but the drama is still rated very high on Viki, and is very popular because international fans loved/love it and ranked it very highly, as they should have. It's a great drama and PSJ is amazing in it. :)

So if HPL starts getting many international viewers and fans, it'll do well. 

11 minutes ago, tali58 said:

We don't have the interviewer's questions, or the set questions for this online "intro."  It is likely that they asked about Simba specifically for the "cute factor" that they know female fans want. :). When magazines know that a star has a famous pet that fans know about, they'll often include questions about the pet. :D

Q1 : What time do you usually get up?
SJ : I don't have a special regular wake up time. But try to get up before noon.

Q2 : when you woke up, what first time did you do?
SJ : Confirm what time it is now and then groom (means like face wash or took a shower).
It seems that the most common thing to do first is exercise/workout.

Q3 : What do you like for breakfast?
SJ : I like to eat light on the diet, like bread, eggs, etc.
No more sauce and more refreshing food.

Q4 : Is there a mantra? (means, frequently spoken words)
SJ : I seem to say "in fact" and "to be honest" a lot.

Q5 : How much time does it take to accompany your dog "Simba"?
SJ : I will spend time with him on the day I back home until I go out. If I don’t go out after going home, I will spend almost all day with him.

Q6 : What clothes do you usually use when at home?
SJ : When I was at home, I almost wore pajamas. .

Q7 : What will you do before going to sleep?
SJ : Use a mask. Because skin management is very important.

CR. @parkseojoonmy

8 minutes ago, tali58 said:

International fans' viewing numbers (streaming sites) are also important because they raise the fee that streaming sites pay for the rights to show a particular drama. So even if ratings aren't high in Korea, a drama can become very successful because s lot of international fans watched it and loved it. That happened with many dramas. "Hwarang" didn't get high ratings in Korea,  in part because ARMY were upset that V didn't get a bigger role, but the drama is still rated very high on Viki, and is very popular because international fans loved/love it and ranked it very highly, as they should have. It's a great drama and PSJ is amazing in it. :)

So if HPL starts getting many international viewers and fans, it'll do well. 

yep.. exactly.. even if ratings are not high in Korea.. pretty sure HPL is still famous internationally.. given that PMY is already recognized internationally.  

so, it may be a fact that HPL is not for everyone even to her adoring fans. I think it would still be stable. 

Im a fan of PMy.. and even I know that she did great in QF7D.. I still didnt watch it.. because that type of drama is not my taste.. But I respected the role she portrayed and its story..

So.. what Im saying is.. just because its not our type, doesnt mean it would really fail.. because as I can see and read.. HPL has a lot of positive reviews. 

differrent roles in different genres helps the actor grow and improve  her craft.. So, I hope others can respect and just appreciate HPL for what it is. If its not for you just don't watch.. that's it.

let's not make a big deal out of it. :D

I am also honest in my opinion that I do not like HPL. Also, I agree with TYH fans about TVN giving more emphasis with Her Private Life. In WWWSK and other dramas, the Behind The Scenes are only released by TVN Monday and after that in some days, only few TVN posts about WWWSK, now, daily they have many videos behind the scenes and everything shared about HPL.  

I love Park Min Young so I would like to tell her my opinion that next time, she should not make a drama genre like this slapstick comedy. If she wants to be Best Actress since she said she wanted to win Best Actress this year, this is not the proper vehicle for that wish. 

By analogy, consider my comment on her drama as one family member not liking the job of her sister because she thinks her sister has a lot of potential and she can do a lot better.