[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually i’m confuse how SWH can be killed by trapping her inside DI’s body. I get when YW wanted to trap her inside her body then killed herself since they said SWH can be killed by suicide. Did CW pull DI’s intubation considered suicide? Or did DI’s intention to sacrifice himself enough to kill SWH? 

The spirit’s rule in this drama is not clear :huh: and confusing also they kept changing the ways SWH can be killed ^_^

If they don’t give us HE, can they at least explain how YW can see DI. I mean YW said that she doesn’t have the ability to see ghost and DI is the first ghost she’s able to see.

15 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I was just thinking...!!!

What's this rascal boy whispered in to her ears..??!! :D She was so surprised, amazed & shocked by his whisper..!!! :wub: It must be the continues of what he wants to do first when he finally awakes..!!! But it's more than "I love you"... By chance, is it "When I awake, I want to marry you" or something...??!! :wub: I am over curious about his whisper now!!!!!!!! What're you guys think..???!! :o

take care live well i love you

6 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Actually i’m confuse how SWH can be killed by trapping her inside DI’s body. I get when YW wanted to trap her inside her body then kill herself since they said SWH can get killed by suicide. Did CW pulling DI’s intubation considered suicide? Or did DI’s intention to sacrifice himself enough to kill SWH? 

The spirit’s rule in this drama is not clear :huh: and confusing also they kept changing the ways SWH can be killed ^_^

If they don’t give us HE, can they at least explain how YW can see DI. I mean YW said that she doesn’t have the ability to see ghost and DI is the first ghost she’s able to see.

In the next preview, I mean in the last preview, Daniel isn't nowhere in it..!! So I am having a thought that the writer must have another logic in his/her mind to bring him back!!! And it's 1 am when Chae Won pulled his hoses away..!! And what if some other logic applies him after 1am to come back to life..??!! I am also curious over that part..!!! :o

And Yeo Wool is born on the day when SWH became a ghost & Yeo Wool is the chosen one to kill SWH's ghost..!! So Yeo Wool can see SWH's ghost.. I think the same rule applies for Yeo Wool about Da Il as well..!! Her interaction with SWH make her to see other ghosts..!!! :blink:

11 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Actually i’m confuse how SWH can be killed by trapping her inside DI’s body. I get when YW wanted to trap her inside her body then kill herself since they said SWH can get killed by suicide. Did CW pulling DI’s intubation considered suicide? Or did DI’s intention to sacrifice himself enough to kill SWH? 

Definitely no logic the writer nim said If Da ii spirit has more abilities powers he would become an evil But he only used to save and protect people

@nona88 I have just finished watching the episode 14 which was rather painful. I was bothered by the fact that attorney Baek allowed the reporter to enter where SWH was held captive. I mean, she had been told to keep her there far away from anyone and she decides to disobey his order and recommendation. Totally stupid and unnecessary. Yes, I do think that the story has lost its attraction. We are going in circles... and it becomes repetitive.

Like you I wished that they had shown more of SWH's past.     

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Like you I wished that they had shown more of SWH's past.     

I think they just showed SWH's past in a understandable way!!! Her mom left her & dad tried to kill her.. That's the anger in her mind that she thinks nobody loves her..!! And Da Il said at the last minute that she should stop hating her mom, dad & herself now..!!! :blink: And her childhood is her past b'cause she was in to a coma since the age of 12...!!! :o

Just my theory about the plot...

So any guesses to what DI said to YW? Here's mine:

• "Saranghae." (Meaning I love you.)
  • "Nal Gidalyeo." (Meaning Wait for me.)
  • "Salgo Issda." (Meaning live.)
  • What he wanted to do with her.

But I really think it's the first one or last one... I'm still processing that ending though...

6YUl.gif

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

I think they just showed SWH's past in a understandable way!!! Her mom left her & dad tried to kill her.. That's the anger in her mind that she thinks nobody loves her..!! And Da Il said at the last minute that she should stop hating her mom, dad & herself now..!!! :blink: And her childhood is her past b'cause she was in to a coma since the age of 12...!!! :o

Just my theory about the plot...

Yes, I know but this doesn't satisfy me. I wished, there was more.

Why did she target LKW twice?

Why did she kidnap his daughter?

Why did she kidnap the other kids?

Why did she try to commit suicide later? 

Why did she target LDI's mother?  

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, I know but this doesn't satisfy me. I wished, there was more.

Why did she target LKW twice?

Why did she kidnap his daughter?

Why did she kidnap the other kids?

Why did she try to commit suicide later? 

Why did she target LDI's mother?  

i agree even if they show all the answer in the final ep that don't work anymore 

as i said it a good drama and will written mystery but the big propblem is on the " timing " the timing of giving informting was off since the second half of the drama , they make us so wanted to know more about  SWH past , reason and even the order of killing even after finding about her mother story they keep playing with hints that there more but we get to the final without anything , as i said even if they give all the answer in the final ep i don't feel that will affect me now but i hope they give more just to know they did have something not just teasing us all this time for nothing

i love this drama since i love it i have the right to say what was amazing about it and what was wrong too , i wanted to write it before the final since not the ending  will decide what was right and wrong in all the drama , i am not going to say everything is perfect if i get a happy ending and be bad talking if it was sad one, it not just the ending no matter what it will be it just talk about were the drama lost it magic , there was point they start messing the story plot keeping the same secret hidden making us write so many big theories and it was in the end the same answer they give in the start of the second half

still the actors did amazing job i couldnt leave the show even when the story start to drag things since i can't leave DA-il and Yw and their love was so touching , their acting was so real that i feel every move in their body or  heart , that was a wounderful scenes even when they just stand a few seconds beside each other not even talking ( the writer did write them so amazing and the actors make them more than any paper may say )

i am here cause i still want to see this two have some happenes, i am not talking about the last 5 minutes in the drama i want to see them have a really happy life starting in screen not  leave that to my imagination

i have to say if it wasn't for the good acting, no the amazing acting that most of the staff give , i was starting to lose intrest in from ep 10 but i have to watch them no matter what they so amazing to leave them i love them  , love the story , love their love , freinds , family , trust , understanding , longing to each other i love all this feeling that all the staff give in perfect way in every characters so i saying  the actors , PD, writer all of them did amazing job here on that side, but what was wrong was the mystery side when they start messing timing and draging things and making no point to try understand some charecters and have major thought to get simple answer that wasn't supposed to be drag to the final 3 week as big mystery 

but again they did amazing work on the emotonal part so that why i am here loving it and wishing for good ending, i am here from 3 week only for the OTP. the part  about SWH i am not interesting at all anymore as long as she don't kill one of the OTP she not even here to me to watch.  that sad  she even was my  the biggest interest in the start ,

so i think so many others  like me , most talk about the OTP not trying to find answer or talk about other side much , it not shamfull to admit it their parts that so perfect and their part go wrong 

i am being honest here saying i am here for the OTP i love them so much , they was so amazing for me to leave or even thinking of it , the mystery side go wrong , things get draged, things that could happen from the start happen in the end without any giving any  truning point or a change  that so big to get why it now and  not before ,

i am here for YW and DA-IL i hope at least them i can get some a good ending not talking about happy or sad but a good one that worth all the waiting and all the emotional investment i did  for them for all this weeks , they should get a good one they was the real magic of the story from the start  till the end 

7 hours ago, nona88 said:

.....iam tired , i am scared and i am in fear , i tired hard to not thinking about the ending all this 3 weeks , but now million though come to my head and couldn't stop myself from it ,i don't even know if that post will make sense since i am writing while thinking of so many things

i am just sad..... 

And that is why I am not watching.  While I loved parts of this show, it has become exhausting as a whole.  I am not wasting any time on theorizing or worrying about it anymore. 

A few weeks ago, I began to feel like the writer was seriously jerking us around.  In fact, I felt like we were being messed with after the first couple of shows when it became clear that DI wasn't alive.  I didn't like it but I hung in there for the leads' relationship (the one part of the show I really liked).  Now, I'm just sort of really annoyed and worn out--that is Not the reaction a good drama should bring forth from the viewers.  And they shouldn't feel tired, scared, fearful, and sad all the time either.

I still care what happens but I'm caring while safely outside of the target zone.  Wake me when it's over.

I was just distracted b'cause of the wrap-up party pics on IG that the series is already over..!!! But NO :) We still have one day left!!! I am so curious over Da Il's return & the writer's theory!!! :o

And dear @bebebisous33 - Something tells me that SWH's chapter isn't closed yet..!!!

But anyway, It's a fiction, not a reality!!! As long as we get a satisfied ending next week, I am so far OK :o

5 hours ago, thistle said:

And that is why I am not watching.  While I loved parts of this show, it has become exhausting as a whole.  I am not wasting any time on theorizing or worrying about it anymore. 

A few weeks ago, I began to feel like the writer was seriously jerking us around.  In fact, I felt like we were being messed with after the first couple of shows when it became clear that DI wasn't alive.  I didn't like it but I hung in there for the leads' relationship (the one part of the show I really liked).  Now, I'm just sort of really annoyed and worn out--that is Not the reaction a good drama should bring forth from the viewers.  And they shouldn't feel tired, scared, fearful, and sad all the time either.

I still care what happens but I'm caring while safely outside of the target zone.  Wake me when it's over.

You speak my mind. It has become exhausting, too late, too sad and too painful, feelings that i don't want to feel from this drama, a drama that i loved. They should've wrapped up with SWH's story in the episode 14, max. and tell the story how the "victims" of SWH rebuilding their life again for the rest of the episodes. But no, the writer just had to drag everything on to the very last end. Like @bebebisous33 said, there are still questions unrevealed or unanswered yet about SWH's reasons doing what she did, but i don't really care anymore. I don't care about SWH background story or her reasoning anymore. It's too late IMO. I care about the other characters, but the writer didn't give them enough meaningful backgrounds, it's kinda unfair.

So like @thistle said, i'll stay in the safe zone, until we get the ending.

I'll check in sometimes for our lovable OTP, but that's it :)

What next drama would everyone like to see Daniel Choi in next? I will watch Jugglers sometime later this year but I kinda want to see him in a bodyguard romance. Something like City Hunter, Healer, K2. But SK rarely do those types of dramas and I craving something else like those):

the ghost detective was obviously a different and thrilling drama from the beginning. slowly, it turned into more of a more repetitive “evil always win” and tbh the romance, it could’ve need more work. 

if if it wasn’t for the chemistry between Daniel & Eun Bin, i don’t think i would’ve stayed watching this show as much. not to mention, Lee Ji Ah’s drama comeback as this evil, heartless woman is amazing. 

maybe one day, we’ll see a reunion between the main leads in another drama one day. it’s so common for actors to work with each other more and more now. It’ll be a waste of a chemistry of Daniel & Eun Bin to not work together again. 

I remember a user somewhere complained how Daniel should venture out and choose dramas outside of KBS. Since it seems like, Daniel keeps getting screwed with lack of development on his characters. He’s part of the KBS radio team since 2013, so i think that’s why he’s loyally choosing KBS for a while now. 

I’m getting sidetracked! Anyways, here’s to another week of waiting for the FINAL episode! Hopefully, the Ghost Detective ends well! And again, no matter the ending - let’s watch it well! And support the cast/crew for their hard work over these months! 

Dear @scarletlover1 -

Wow...!!! How amazing!! I never had a thought of seeing him in a bodyguarde romance!!! It would be perfect for him :wub: With his height, his hotness & his seductive voice he'll fit perfectly to the character :wub: I am really looking forward to him in his next project..!!! :)

But I am in for any role he plays.!!!.. :D No certain type!!! He goes to the extend in any character he plays in...!!!!! :o He is a highly talented, excellent & handsome actor in K-dramaland..!!!! :wub: I am totally addicted to him :heart: Even more, I totally respect him..!! He's a well-mannered young guy who is very rare among today's men..!!! :love:

And dear @joyspartace -

You are absolutely correct!!! Daniel & Eun Bin should work together over & over again :heart: Their chemistry here is no joke.!! :wub: They are such a perfect match for each other!!!! And as I said before, Daniel is so humble... He's only appearing in KBS2 variety show "Happy Together" b'cause he feels the family vibe in KBS2 studio :heart:

7 hours ago, kaedechan said:

You speak my mind. It has become exhausting, too late, too sad and too painful, feelings that i don't want to feel from this drama, a drama that i loved. They should've wrapped up with SWH's story in the episode 14, max. and tell the story how the "victims" of SWH rebuilding their life again for the rest of the episodes. But no, the writer just had to drag everything on to the very last end. Like @bebebisous33 said, there are still questions unrevealed or unanswered yet about SWH's reasons doing what she did, but i don't really care anymore. I don't care about SWH background story or her reasoning anymore. It's too late IMO. I care about the other characters, but the writer didn't give them enough meaningful backgrounds, it's kinda unfair.

So like @thistle said, i'll stay in the safe zone, until we get the ending.

I'll check in sometimes for our lovable OTP, but that's it :)

Agreed.  Absolutely agreed!

I realized that I was reaching the end of my rope during the scene where SWH was needlessly torturing the young couple on the steps to use their phone to send the video of her forcing the man to strangle the woman.  I was horrified.  That was NOT good drama; it was just disgusting and voyueristic.  I did not want to voice my revulsion at the time because others were enjoying the drama so much.

I was also completely put off when the priest was killed at the church.  Then again when the scene had to be revisited to show that SWH was also involved in the killing because KG couldn't do it.  To be honest, I felt like the last minute turnaround of KG's character was a re-write of some sort--despite the bracelet connection, it didn't fully make sense to me.  

In that same episode DI was strangling YW, and then I was essentially DONE because I did not believe at all that his character would have allowed him to do that.  It was brutal and even in the context of the story, it was off the charts wrong.  It was something else that did not make sense, especially given their love for one another.

There is too much in this drama that has not made sense, especially as @kaedechan has said about about SWH's background and storylines that have not been resolved.

Now, to be fair, I think that high praise must be given to the leads in this drama.  It is the writing that has gone awry and not the acting.  Choi Daniel especially has done a masterful job as an actor, and he has never let us down.   My respect and admiration for him has increased exponentially because he has been able to shine in a drama that has seriously let him down in the matter of the writing.

For example, contrast Choi Daniel's performance against Lee Joon Gi in The Scholar Who Walks the NIght.  When that show began to spiral out of control, the stress showed in LJG's performance--to borrow a phrase that is sometimes applied to overacting, "he was chewing the scenery" and was visibly forcing himself to perform.  I also admire LJG as an actor but the longer that drama went on, the more badly he carried the role.  Choi Daniel has not done that.  He has carried on in an admirable way. 

Park Eun Bin has also been absolutely stellar in her role--she has made me believe every moment, and that is a great gift for an actress.

But two great leads cannot fully make up for the mess that the writer has created.  Some things about this drama have never made sense--like the detective hating and dismissing  and almost shaming YW at the beginning but then all of a sudden he loves her.  It made no sense!  There was no reason for the turnaround.

I will not go on further (although I could) out of respect for those who love this drama because it's painful to hear someone else saying anything negative about what you care about so deeply.  

As I've said, I continue to support the leads but not the drama itself.  I held on and I held back as long as I possibly could but my hopes for this drama have been dashed.  Now I can only wish for a satisfying conclusion for DI and YW.

Dear @kaedechan & @thistle -

I truly respect your ideas about the series... I think the viewers got the plot dragging feeling when Da Il's body just transferred here & there..!!! And SWH is the biggest hatress to many viewers..!!! Which means that ... Lee Ji Ah, be careful!!! Now you are historized as Sun Woo Hye in the viewers eye..!!!! :D

And Daniel , Eun Bin & other actors have nothing to do with the negativity of the plot... :o They all are just rendering the story!!! And the story belongs to the writer himself/herself..!!!

And rather than focusing on the mistakes of the plot, I am truly enjoying the love between Da Il & Yeo Wool..!!! :wub: The writer is just fantastic in my opinion that he/she just put the feelings of a guy & a girl so beautifully inside a horror drama series..!!! And SWH hates love..!! So love is the her weakness that can defeat her! Da Il just sacrificed his love for Yeo Wool in order to protect her from SWH & it's an amazing theory according to SWH!!! :o

And now that we only have one day of TGD in our display screens, let's feel the love of our love birds (only if there is so next week)..!!! For some reason, now I am addicted to both Daniel & Eun Bin :wub:

Archived