[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

1 minute ago, thistle said:

Well, the subs are already up on sites where I watch.....but, guess what? 

I just realized that I absolutely don't want to.

Nope, not gonna watch it. 

Can't take it. 

Not going there. 

If I do, it's just gonna wreck my day for no good reason.

I'm backing off. 

Too much darkness. 

Had enough.

I need some light and hope of my own.

I'll follow along with posts and such because I don't want to give it up but the show is Off my watch list for now.   If it ends well, I'll watch the stuff I missed.  If not, I won't.

i understand how you feel  right now 

for me i am going to watch no matter what the  ending going to be , since i can't leave it like that but i am not ready to watch today so maybe i will watch the two ep's in the weekend or the 3 ep's next week , i can take more pain at once but not so many times

i think it more also connect to the fact that i had hard time and stress right now in my life  to see more in the drama 

i am going to watch the ending no matter what cause  i have problem with unfinshed book or story and i get to here now i can't leave it 

but totally understand your feeling i hope it end well for you to watch it when you ready to take it 

and for me to not suffering from watching it 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, nona88 said:

i understand how you feel  right now 

for me i am going to watch no matter what the  ending going to be , since i can't leave it like

Maybe I'd be able to watch it more easily but I just finished a really gruelling drama not too long ago, and I literally can't take another painful show.  Did anyone else here watch Time?  It was so agonizing that even the ML became ill because of his role and had to leave the show.  I was one of the few who stuck with it all the way to the bitter end.  It was a beautiful and dreadful drama; and it left a feeling that I don't care to re-visit.  I don't want to see TGD going to that same dark place.

TGD has been fun in a lot of ways and the relationship between DI and YW is totally worth it,  But I know my limits.  Writer-nim has shown us only darkness and no way through.  The fact keeps being repeated over and over as @kaedechan  has pointed out.  The show is just going in circles repeating the same pattern.  If there were some change, it should have shown up by now.  There is nothing new in sight. 

I'm tired of watching DI and YW being in danger with no chance of stopping SWH.   So I'm stopping SWH by getting her out of my head until the drama is done.

After a nite sleep, still heart broken but I still putting bright side on our OTP. 

Im still waiting for sub(mandarin) come out but I'm gonna have work until evening and only tonite I can catch up with you all.. From yesterday clips I wonder what CW said that how to kill SWH and Da Il turn SWH's hand with knife try to kill herself. Mean SWH will only die by her own hand? 

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Well, the subs are already up on sites where I watch.....but, guess what? 

I just realized that I absolutely don't want to.

Nope, not gonna watch it. 

Can't take it. 

Not going there. 

If I do, it's just gonna wreck my day for no good reason.

I'm backing off. 

Too much darkness. 

Had enough.

I need some light and hope of my own.

I'll follow along with posts and such because I don't want to give it up but the show is Off my watch list for now.   If it ends well, I'll watch the stuff I missed.  If not, I won't.

That is why i'm actually reluctant to watch the drama live last night .. and i was right. Even without the subtitle it's already feel hard watching last night scenes.. i don't know if i want to watch the one with subtitle now or waiting until it's ending.. 

14 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

That is why i'm actually reluctant to watch the drama live last night .. and i was right. Even without the subtitle it's already feel hard watching last night scenes.. i don't know if i want to watch the one with subtitle now or waiting until it's ending.. 

It's hard, isn't it?  But when you know that you're burning, it's time to step out of the fire.  Even with the best dramas, sometimes we have to walk away for awhile.

If I did not care about the show, the characters, the actors, then it wouldn't hurt.  It's the writing right now that is the frustration.  Waiting for the ending may be the right thing to do.

With the drama Time, I kept on following every episode even though it was too hard and I really believed that.....

Spoiler

lead male character would come back alive.  But he was dead.  And the female lead was left completely alone because everyone she loved had been murdered.

If there's the risk of this show going in that direction, I don't want to see it.  We keep being told that  S W H is unbeatable and that all the things that DI has been doing will damn his soul and now the only way to save everyone is for DI and Y W to die.  Well, I'm not having it.

I am just not.

Looks like the writer has a theory in his/her mind to destroy SWH..!! SWH worked hard to make people commit suicide..!! And now, the only way to get rid of her is to make her commit suicide.. :o Why didn't I think of it before..??!! And dear @Heidi Seow - you are right..!! It's the only way to stop her... But they have to find her weakness in order to make her commit suicide... And dear @bebebisous33 - LKW is back on the track.. And I wonder if SWH's weakness has something to do with him on the other hand...!!! :o What's her weakness..??!! I am desperate to know..!! :o

And it's true that Da Il & Yeo Wool is having a hard time b'cause of a witch villain here... But I seriously think that their hard time will work out.!! Even their very little screen time is so precious for me now... :wub:

And for some reason, I was just hoping that the rating would be even lower for yesterday's eps than last week.. But the ratings are increased for yesterday's eps than last week..!!! Looks like people are curious over the ending...!! :o

And I don't know if you guys are at the edge of dropping this drama.. But the strange thing is that, I never had a thought of dropping this drama even for a second :):D Plus now, I am ultimately hooked to the series b'cause I want to know the way to make SWH commit suicide...!!! And I think it's a very logical theory as it was her own theory to kill people without hesitant :angry: And tonight's eps will be the key to the finale...!!!! And it's the evidence that "time travels faster than people think" :o It's like yesterday for me that the series started..!!! :huh:

And really curious over Chae Won's desicion of getting possessed by SWH...!!!!!!!!

Can't wait...!!....!!.... I LOVE THIS K-DRAMA SO MUCH :heart:

41 minutes ago, thistle said:

It's hard, isn't it?  But when you know that you're burning, it's time to step out of the fire.  Even with the best dramas, sometimes we have to walk away for awhile.

If I did not care about the show, the characters, the actors, then it wouldn't hurt.  It's the writing right now that is the frustration.  Waiting for the ending may be the right thing to do.

With the drama Time, I kept on following every episode even though it was too hard and I really believed that.....

Reveal hidden contents

lead male character would come back alive.  But he was dead.  And the female lead was left completely alone because everyone she loved had been murdered.

If there's the risk of this show going in that direction, I don't want to see it.  We keep being told that  S W H is unbeatable and that all the things that DI has been doing will damn his soul and now the only way to save everyone is for DI and Y W to die.  Well, I'm not having it.

I am just not.

This. Every word of it. As i've said before, i don't want this drama to be Daniel's second drama that i feel heavy and disappointed with the ending. Hell, i'd rather not see it if the writer decided to end it with one of our leads needs to die just to vanquish SWH, after all the hardships they've been going through. No matter how much I love Daniel & Eun Bin but no, it's just too much.

46 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And I don't know if you guys are at the edge of dropping this drama..

Not dropping.

Stepping away until the end.  That is different.

I cannot watch this if the ending is unsatisfactory.

I cannot watch this if DI's soul is ultimately damned.

I cannot watch this if it's gonna kill either DI or YW.  

If it ends well, I will watch the ending.

If it ends in grief, then I will have dropped the show because I won't watch.

9 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

This. Every word of it. As i've said before, i don't want this drama to be Daniel's second drama that i feel heavy and disappointed with the ending. Hell, i'd rather not see it if the writer decided to end it with one of our leads needs to die just to vanquish SWH, after all the hardships they've been going through. No matter how much I love Daniel & Eun Bin but no, it's just too much.

Totally agree with you.. In High Kick 2, Daniel's character was killed at the very edge of the ending & I've heard that his female fans were left unconscious b'cause of the sudden breaking news :o But dear, with BTS & the way of the plot unfolding, I am out of the thought that Daniel will have another sad ending in here... But who knows..??!! Anything can happen b'cause I am not the writer here :( And aren't you watching it tonight..??!! I need your live recaps so badly now :o

22 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I don't know dear @gm4queen, i might watch it tonight or might not, still feeling heavy after all those sadness and crushing feeling last night, sorry ..

That's very OK dear.. I can totally understand you..!! I too have a hidden fear that we'll have a disappointment at the end...!!!!! :( But then again, I recall that this is only a fiction, not the reality to be obsessed with :o No matter what happens, we have to accept the writer's demand at the end..!!

I hope you'll come back soon... Until then, take care dear :wub:

34 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

still feeling heavy after all those sadness and crushing feeling last night

Take care of yourself first and foremost.  If you have a sprained ankle, don't try to run a race on it--gotta pay attention to things that hurt because the pain is telling you what to avoid.  Hugs to you.

OMG dear @Heidi Seow -

What are those visuals..??!!! :o I mean there's no way that Da Il would Yeo Wool die... :wub: But this is far more interesting now...!!! What's going on..??! These visuals are mentally attacking me now... How can I wait for today's eps..??!! :D I am just updating your pic a bit more...!!! Just look at our handsome hero Da Il :wub:

44753642_2080364808941721_63533125742635

Anyway, Let's get together for the final week of "The Ghost Detective"...:) I feel that some climax is gonna happen today..!! And today's ending is the beginning of the next Wednesday...!!! Fingers crossed :D

4 minutes ago, LeeN said:

WHY don't have a better way to kill SWH SO angry i want to tear her in pieces:rage:

Either Yeo Wool has to kill SWH or SWH has to commit suicide.. Then SWH must have a weakness to commit suicide.. And it's her own theory. :o But I am so in to this part.. At the end of yesterday's eps, Da Il pointed the knife SWH was holding at herself..!!! It must have a message about the finale eps.!!! :huh: And as in the BTS pics, I am so curious to know what's up for SWH today.!!! I think that today's eps will be even more dramatic since its ending is the beginning of the finale.!! :o

From the drama's crew IG. Sorry, can't embedded the link, maybe he sets his IG so it can't be embedded :sweatingbullets:.

Anyway, the translation on the caption says "the real end", so it means the shooting now really finished, i guess ..

It's a group photo, Daniel wearing the blue suit, YW wearing pink sweater and let her hair loose and SWH wearing red dress??

https://www.instagram.com/jinwoo_k891/p/BpWdiH3j82-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1x72cpaeeivdt

32 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

From the drama's crew IG. Sorry, can't embedded the link, maybe he sets his IG so it can't be embedded :sweatingbullets:.

Anyway, the translation on the caption says "the real end", so it means the shooting now really finished, i guess ..

It's a group photo, Daniel wearing the blue suit, YW wearing pink sweater and let her hair loose and SWH wearing red dress??

https://www.instagram.com/jinwoo_k891/p/BpWdiH3j82-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1x72cpaeeivdt

It's different, isn't it..??!!

SWH is wearing the red dress. Is it mean they took her evil spirit out of her body..?! :o I really can't get if it's the final shoot location.. But now at the end, if Da Il stay by Yeo Wool at least as a ghost, then it's my biggest pleasure at the moment :wub: They deserve the happiest ending ever..!!!!

I can't get enough with this drama.!!! What I am gonna do when it ends next week..??!! :(:cold_sweat::bawling:

To be honest I couldn't stay away , even if am really shouldn't  do that I know that yesterday I shouldn't have more emotional pain but I couldn't stay  away , so I didn't watch the full episode  but I watch some videos  I will watch it all tonight if I could 

From just the few videos  I watch I have to say , please  make this otp  survive, just please the way they love each other i can't take it anymore just let them survive :heartbreak:

It not good no one of them can live with the fact that he loses the other , no one can just live after that. That don't fit even if they have the strength to do that it not fit all the emotional  level they have now 

They make it clear it not fear of themselves, yw fearing losing da-Il  more than her own life , da-Il  want to live more just for her , so what did the writer  planning to kill them both or to save them both !! Cause I can't see one of them can have the power to live after losing the other while saving him/her it not in that level  of emotional they are now, not after  how much they make us suffer  with them trying to save each other and get killed in place of other ( it not once , it over and over so many times) 

I watch the otp scenes and when yw  asked " if you survive what the first thing you want to do !, I will make sure you get it" and he looked at her wow all he want if he lived is you , just to be with you

Archived