larus

KBS2 DRAMA

TODAY`S DETECTIVE 오늘의 탐정

Drama: Today's Private Investigator/ Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective

Hangul: 오늘의 탐정

Genre: horror, mystery, thriller

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 32

Director: Lee Jae-Hoon (Jeong DoJeon, Page Turner)

Writer: Han Ji-Wan (Wanted)

Release Date: September 5, 2018- October 31, 2018

Runtime: Weds. & Thurs. 22:00 (2 episodes back-to-back) time slot previously occupied by "Your House Helper."

Production Company: Beyond J

OST:  part 1  Park Narae (SPICA) – To You (너에게)

part 2  Cha Ji Hye - Shining 빛나던

part 3   Lee Bo-ram - "One Day" (하루)

part 4 Wheesung- The reason I have waited

part 5 Yoon Mi rae- You, You, You

part 6 Joy (Red Velvet), Mark (NCT)- My Dream

Official site:http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/detective/pc/

Other site: http://asianwiki.com/Today's_Private_Investigator

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-ghost-detective/

Plot

Today`s Detective is a horror thriller drama in which a ghost detective and a human assistant meet a suspicious woman and fall into bizarre events.

Lee Da-Il is a private investigator. Jung Yeo-Wool becomes his assistant to solve a mystery related to her younger sibling’s death. They work together to solve other mysterious crimes.

Cast

tumblr_pcvqhbkemX1sdd1ivo2_r1_540.png

Daniel Choi-Lee Da Il

Park Eun-Bin -Jung Yeo Wool

Lee Ji-Ah- Sun Woo Hye

Kim Won-Hae-  Hang sang seob

Lee Joo-Young- Gil Chae-won

Lee Jae-Kyoon- Park Jung Dae

Yoo Soo Bin - Kang Eun Jung

Shin Jae Ha as Kim Kyul

Park Joo Hee - Baek Da Hye

Chae Ji Ahn - Jung Yi Rang

Hyun Bong-Sik - Detective

Kim Min-Sang - Detective Squad Chief Sim
Mi-Ram - Chan-Mi

Ye Soo-Jung- Lee Da Il`s mother

Character descriptions

1535445273458_141954.jpg

1535445273591_141976.jpg

1535445273714_141998.jpg

1535445273909_142012.jpg

1535445274087_142034.jpg

1535445274270_142056.jpg

1535445274475_142078.jpg

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/detective/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

Chart

VTVENTER_70000000303107_20180829_2018082

Posters

article.jpg

Dlkc-F0VAAAH7oq.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor Lee Joo-young is joining the KBS2 'Today's Detective'

20180519_1526733555_20035100_1.jpg?15286

Lee Joo-young takes on the role of Gil Chae-won in KBS2 new drama 'Detective of the day'/ Today`s Detective.

Detective of the Day' is a horror thriller drama in which a ghost detective and a human assistant meet a suspicious woman and fall into bizarre events.

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1062366

April 20 2018

Daniel Choi offered lead role in KBS2 drama series “Today’s Private Investigator”

Todays-Private-Investigator-p001.jpg

Daniel Choi has been offered the lead role in new KBS2 drama series “Today’s Private Investigator” (literal title). Currently, Daniel Choi is positively considering the offer. If he accepts, Daniel Choi will play the role of private investigator Lee Da-Il.

“Today’s Private Investigator” will first air August, 2018 (takes over KBS’2 Wednesday and Thursday 10PM time slot after “Your House Helper.”).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/daniel-choi-offered-lead-role-in-kbs2-drama-series-todays-private-investigator

Choi Daniel In Talks For New Horror Mystery Drama

Choi-Daniel.jpg

Choi Daniel may appear in a new drama!

On April 20, his agency J-Wide Company stated that the actor is positively considering an offer for KBS’s new drama “Today’s Detective” (working title).

The drama will be a horror thriller about Detective Lee Da Il and his assistant Jung Yeo Wool trying to solve the mystery surrounding the death of the detective’s younger sibling.

Choi Daniel has been offered the role of Detective Lee Da Il. If he confirms his appearance, it will be the actor’s return to TV screens in about seven months since the end of “Jugglers.”

“Today’s Detective” is scheduled to air sometime in August.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/20/choi-daniel-talks-new-horror-mystery-drama/

Park Eun Bin And Choi Daniel In Talks To Star In Horror Mystery Drama

Park-Eun-Bin-Choi-Daniel.jpg

Actress Park Eun Bin may act alongside Choi Daniel in a new horror mystery drama!

On May 8, Park Eun Bin’s agency Namoo Actors shared, “Park Eun Bin is positively considering the offer to appear on KBS2’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Today’s Detective’ [working title].”

It was previously revealed that Choi Daniel is positively reviewing the offer to play the male lead.

The drama’s title was originally known as “A Few Good Men” (literal translation). The horror mystery drama centers on private detective Lee Da Il and his assistant Jung Yeo Wool, who joins him to find out the truth behind her younger sibling’s death. Choi Daniel was offered the role of Lee Da Il, and Park Eun Bin is considering the role of Jung Yeo Wool.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/08/park-eun-bin-choi-daniel-talks-star-horror-mystery-drama/

Lee Ji Ah In Talks For Horror Mystery Drama With Park Eun Bin And Choi Daniel

lee-ji-ah-park-eun-bin-choi-daniel1.jpg

Actress Lee Ji Ah may join the new horror mystery drama that Park Eun Bin and Choi Daniel are also currently in talks for.

On May 11, a source at Lee Ji Ah’s agency BH Entertainment shared that Lee Ji Ah is positively considering the offer to appear in KBS 2TV’s new drama “Today’s Detective” (working title) after tvN’s “My Ahjusshi,” the drama she’s currently starring in, comes to an end.

“Today’s Detective” is a horror mystery that tells the story of a ghost detective Lee Da Il and a human assistant Jung Yeo Wool. Choi Daniel is in talks for the role of Lee Da Il while Park Eun Bin is considering the role of Jung Yeo Wool.

Lee Ji Ah has been offered the part of Sun Woo Hye, a mysterious woman who appears at every crime scene.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/11/lee-ji-ah-talks-horror-mystery-drama-park-eun-bin-choi-daniel/

80271808.1.jpg

The agency's BH Entertainment official said on May 11, "Lee Ji Ah has recently received a proposal from KBS 2TV's new  drama 'Today's Detective'.  "We are receiving proposals from many works. I'm going to accept a good work, so I guess the next work will be decided accordingly. "

The media said the Lee Ji Ah appears on 'Today's Detective'. According to the media, Lee Ji ah decided to cast in 'Today`s Detective' as her next film.

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20180511/90035129/1

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Choi Daniel and Park Eun-bin May Join Horror Thriller Drama "Today's Detective"

by Vasia Orion on 2018/05/09 at 17:33 PST

photo972960.jpg

Since the potential casting of the other recently announced horror drama is keeping me away like the plague, I'm very happy to bring you a potentially lovely casting for a new horror thriller drama called "Today's Detective". The series is courting Choi Daniel and Park Eun-bin as leads, both of whom are considering the offer positively.

more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-choi-daniel-and-park-eun-bin-may-join-horror-thriller-drama-today-s-detective-118440.html

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Today’s Detective 오늘의 탐정 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 PM KST

Thank You @larus for begin the thread for this drama... :)

OMO...they've started to shoot already....can't wait!!! they all r so cute in school uniform. :wub:

Truly looking forward to this drama.... seems like an interesting one :o

Keep updating friend!!!!! :blush:

June 19 2018

Daniel Choi cast in KBS2 drama series “Today’s Private Investigator”

Todays_Private_Investigator-a00.jpg

Daniel Choi is cast in KBS2 drama series “Today’s Private Investigator” (literal title). For the drama series, Daniel Choi will play lead male character Lee Da-Il. He works as a private investigator and he will even catch ghosts. The genre of the drama series is horror-thriller. Lee Da-Il will work with a female assistant (Park Eun-Bin has been offered that role and she is still considering).

“Today’s Private Investigator” first airs August, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/daniel-choi-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-todays-private-investigator

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Today’s Detective 오늘의 탐정 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

June 20 2018

Park Eun-Bin cast in KBS2 drama series “Today’s Private Investigator”

Todays_Private_Investigator-LFTP1.jpg

Park Eun-Bin is cast for the lead female role in KBS2 drama series “Today’s Private Investigator” co-starring Daniel Choi. For the drama series, Park Eun-Bin will play Jung Yeo-Wool. She was as an assistant to private investigator Lee Da-Il (Daniel Choi). She gets involved in mysterious cases.

“Today’s Private Investigator” first airs August, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/park-eun-bin-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-todays-private-investigator

Daniel Choi catches ghosts for Today’s Private Eye

by javabeans

danielchoi_02.jpg

Daniel Choi (Jugglers) has confirmed his next role, a KBS drama series titled Today’s Private Eye that’s all about a private investigator who can see ghosts. It’s described as a horror-thriller, which makes me think this will be more like Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong than Bring It On, Ghost, but directing is PD Lee Jae-hoon of the irreverent and witty Chief Kim, so perhaps there’ll be room for a comedic touch, too. (Writing is Han Ji-wan of the kidnapping thriller Wanted, which I’m less thrilled about, although I did think Wanted had an exciting premise.)

Daniel Choi has been cast as Lee Da-il, a skilled private eye who began his career in the Army, but was expelled after reporting a case involving violence and corruption within the military. He has a sharp investigative mind and a tenacious spirit, and likes to do things his own way. He eschews the belief that one should be tough against the strong and easy on the weak, and instead has an uncompromising attitude. So: tough, stern, smart — the Daniel Choi special.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/daniel-choi-catches-ghosts-for-todays-private-eye/

Lee Ji Ah confirmed to jopin KBS drama Today`s Detective.

1261145_1120373_4358.jpg

"I am delighted to welcome you with a new a work, and I am very excited to challenge myself in a role of a new genre. I will try to show good performances in works that many people can enjoy.
I will do my best to become a well-made drama to be talked about this summer. "

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?sc=30000001&year=2018&no=391066

http://www.joongboo.com/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=1261145

Lee Ji Ah Confirmed For New Horror Drama With Choi Daniel And Park Eun Bin

Lee-Ji-Ah-Choi-Daniel-Park-Eun-Bin.jpg

Lee Ji Ah has been confirmed to star in a new horror thriller drama along with Choi Daniel and Park Eun Bin.

KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Today’s Detective” (working title) tells the story of detective Lee Da Il, who chases after ghosts, and his energetic assistant Jung Yeo Wool. The two are dragged into a bizarre case as they encounter a mysterious woman called Sun Woo Hye. Choi Daniel takes on the role of Lee Da Il while Park Eun Bin plays Jung Yeo Wool.

The drama will be produced by producing director (PD) Lee Jae Hoon, who is known for directing “Chief Kim,” and written by Han Ji Wan who has previously worked on “Wanted.”

The production staff of “Today’s Detective” shared, “We cast Lee Ji Ah for the role of Sun Woo Hye. Sun Woo Hye is a character who draws Lee Da Il and Jung Yeo Wool into a mysterious case. She’s the one who has the key to solving the case.”

Sun Woo Hye appears in every scene that Lee Da Il and Jung Yeo Wool visit to investigate, adding tension to the drama. Her trademark is a red dress, and just a silhouette of her dress will be enough to make viewers get chills as the story progresses.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/20/lee-ji-ah-confirmed-new-horror-drama-choi-daniel-park-eun-bin/

Lee Jia, Park Eun-bin join Daniel Choi in KBS thriller Today’s Private Eye

by tipsymocha

leejia-parkeunbin-todaysprivateeye.jpg

On the heels of Daniel Choi’s (Jugglers) casting in upcoming horror-thriller Today’s Private Eye, we’ve got two more announcements rounding out the main trio in the KBS project: Park Eun-bin (Age of Youth 2) and Lee Jia (My Ajusshi) have both confirmed roles in the show as the detective’s assistant and a mysterious woman in red, respectively.

Park Eun-bin will be playing Jung Yeo-wool, the determined and plucky assistant to Daniel Choi’s detective Lee Da-il. Yeo-wool starts out as a part-timer at the private eye’s offices and gets swept up in a bizarre case. She has ten years of part-time experience under her belt, which gives her a certain toughness and instinct that will aid her in solving these mysteries. There’s an air of mystery that surrounds her character as well, and it sounds like she approached the private eye with a hidden objective.

I’m intrigued and slightly creeped out by Lee Jia’s character just from the description given in the reports, which is a good sign for the show, given its thriller premise. Her character doesn’t have a name, but she will lead Lee Da-il and his assistant Jung Yeo-wool further into the middle of a strange case. She keeps showing up as the pair investigates their cases, always sporting her signature red dress. She’s described as the key to the main mystery, and will cast a long shadow over the main leads’ cases.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/lee-jia-park-eun-bin-join-daniel-choi-in-kbs-thriller-todays-private-eye/

@larus Thanks. I saw the  title has ' Today's Detective' I  actually thought it's True Detective; I thought it's another  one of those adapted from tv series or movie. . Hoping this more suspense than 'horror ghost type' I like a mystery thriller drama! I'll be checking this.

My excitement growing.......Thank you @larus for each and every update on this thread!! The cast is so great. I hope the plot will be great as well.... definitely waiting for this drama. Wish it would be a hit for KBS2. :love:

How about the first script reading? any dates have been finalized for shooting? Hopefully think they are gonna start working on it soon. :smirk: Keep updating friend!!! You are doing a great job...!! :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, jongski said:

Hoping this more suspense than 'horror ghost type' I like a mystery thriller drama! I'll be checking this.

It looks interesting. I find very intriquing Lee Ji Ah`s role. I have a feeling she will play a ghost but we`ll realised that after some time. :P

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

How about the first script reading? any dates have been finalized for shooting? Hopefully think they are gonna start working on it soon.

I don`t know when we`ll have the script reading pictures. For the shooting I think they will start soon. We saw that the child actors have started filming already and the first scripts are available.

9 hours ago, larus said:

It looks interesting. I find very intriquing Lee Ji Ah`s role. I have a feeling she will play a ghost but we`ll realised that after some time. :P

I don`t know when we`ll have the script reading pictures. For the shooting I think they will start soon. We saw that the child actors have started filming already and the first scripts are available.

WOOWW!! Getting interested day by day....! Hope it won't be too scary, b'cause I am afraid of ghost dramas :tounge_wink: But I am a huge fan of Choi Daniel, and Park Eun bin looks great as well....!! And those little kids seems to be a big part of the drama. So much cuteness gathered :heart: I think they are gonna start the shooting soon, since August is on its way...!!! Definitely waiting for this drama...!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone :)

Oh I like ghostly type of drama. Very interesting and furthermore its Daniel Choi so I will be on board for this drama.

Would like to call out to my chingu deul :-

@moodypie @Ahpheng @onnififi @Sarang21 @maplekist@ohoheli @jeonghyang @plappi @rain719 @nonski @bebebisous33 @Mau_Cherry

OMO!!!! OMO!!!! So many chingus :o Welcome chingus!!!! I am a huge Choi Daniel fan as well. Hope we'll have a fun time ahead!!!! :D I think the detective role perfectly suits his manly personality!!!!! :love: I am so into this drama...!!!! :heart: (no regrets if there's no romance at all). This will be a tootally different experience for  Choi Daniel's fans!!!!!

Archived