[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the raw episode till the bus ride. Have to stop as the YT has so many ads.

I was in fits watching it and may have cackled so much. The video call with the mother was hilarious. If I was her mother I would be in fits too from utter shock. The dad's lie is so her dad and so funny.

What made me laugh quite a bit in ep 15 and 16 is that it is like living an ordinary girl's fantasy of having the perfect boyfriend. I did repeat the scene where they have the burger a few times. The reaction of the other girls seeing him walk past in the high school uniform. Lololol. Like honestly, CEW is extra ordinarily good looking even by Kdrama standards. And he can act. But yikes, imagine him being your boyfriend in high school? 

Anyway it is insanely early here and I am trying to work out if I should search for another link. It's not as if the lines are hard to understand here. I have been basically grinning fit to burst watching it and am tempted to finish the episode vs sleep. I swear I would never have picked DSK as the perfect boyfriend. That boy hasn't taken a misstep as a boyfriend. He just says all the correct things and is so considerate. Geez man at least it is set up to be the perfect first love.

Hold UP. This boy is really doing it on purpose now, isn't he? The hairstylists must have beed so tired of him messing up Soo Hyang's hair, lol, they were on high alert 24/7.

tumblr_pesyqhIsfu1qe0l0wo4_r1_500.gif

15 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

What made me laugh quite a bit in ep 15 and 16 is that it is like living an ordinary girl's fantasy of having the perfect boyfriend. I did repeat the scene where they have the burger a few times. The reaction of the other girls seeing walk past in the high school uniform. Lololol. Like honestly, CEW is extra ordinarily good looking even by Kdrama standards. And he can act. But yikes, imagine him being your boyfriend in high school? 

I swear I would never have picked DSK as the perfect boyfriend. That boy hasn't taken a misstep as a boyfriend. He just says all the correct things and is so considerate. Geez man at least it is set up to be the perfect first love.

The eating scene was great, just because it's so realistic. I know so many girls who get nervous about how they look when they eat, so it's cute to see a guy understand that and "look away" so she can eat like a human being lmao. And you're absolutely right, DKS who looked like he didn't wanna give anybody the time of day at the start of the drama has wound up being the most perfect TV boyfriend of 2018.

23 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Hold UP. This boy is really doing it on purpose now, isn't he? The hairstylists must have beed so tired of him messing up Soo Hyang's hair, lol, they were on high alert 24/7.

LOL, he fixed her hair even in that position :D It's either his special treatment for ISH or he really has a thing for hair :phew:

Is there anyone here who can help us desperate fans to translate what they said in the BTS, pretty please :)

2 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

LOL, he fixed her hair even in that position :D It's either his special treatment for ISH or he really has a thing for hair :phew:

Is there anyone here who can help us desperate fans to translate what they said in the BTS, pretty please :)

Maybe they ask him to get started on fixing her hair while they make their way over lmao? I really don't know. But yes, anyone who can translate BTS videos, I will love you forever.

1 hour ago, 0live13ranch said:

here i go again with trying to translate... they said something about MR hair(they literally said mirae morie).. so he was immediately on alert and fixed her hair, afterwards he said MR hairdressers i've fixed it ( her hair) loolll seems like he loves fixing her hair 

my korean isnt that good so i could be wrong

he kept on teasing her throughout the video which was really cute... i really loved the scene on the couch.. i thought CEW would be nervous but he actually looked sort of comfortable ...

edit:the funniest part was when he was searching for the best position to kiss her and all of a sudden he said if it is like this i can do it and not even 3 seconds later he said wait a minute.. its a whole new world... something along those lines :blush:

edit again: after watching the BTS for the kiss scene over 5 times i've noticed that they match pretty well with kissing, usually when you kiss someone for the first time it takes some time to match each other way of kissing and sometimes you still dont end up matching... but for them it was like instant... :wub:

5 hours ago, 0live13ranch said:

Well, maybe it's scandalous for some of ASTRO/Eunwoo's teenager fans :D

I remember yesterday someone posted that some ASTRO fangirls' reaction with the kiss scene was "Eunwoo, don't do it!". :P 

Idol professional life don't last too much, so I think he will become a great actor soon with more adult fans than teens, and i am happy they had this kind of kiss, it show his maturity  about his future as an actor and show that he is capable to do well and  that he has not limite as actor. I am really happy.  :wub:

There are many experienced actors and actress that are bad kissers, and their kissing scenes look too fake. 

It finally ended! I like how it all turned out, but cannot accept that it ended. I still wished they made it 20 episodes instead, so we get to see our OTP together more.

Loving that JTBC posting up all those BTS video immediately. Like we don't even have to wait this time for it. :lol:

Gosh I swear I cried out of joy, this drama is sooooooo good, so heart warming and heart fluttering not to mention the many lessons learned.  That scene overlooking the mountains wow it is so sweet, ISH and CWE looks so natural, their acting is so pure and so in love.  those little kisses are the highlight....so giddy here..I just love every minute of them just talking sweet nothing, CEW is swoon manly, I guess ISH has fallen for him hahahaha...(just ignore my deluluing.....)

This is the best drama for me for 2018, this is loaded with many little things of pure gem.  I have not seen something like this in a while...so refreshing...it really felt good.

After Healer, this is gonna be my most re-watched drama ever! 

Ahhh the feels of first love, first hug, first kiss, first hand-holding...

Congratulations to JTBC for all the hard works, all the crew and the cast, you guys are amazing!  CEW and ISH, you ROCK!

and to all of us who are faithfully here from start to finish...you guys are wonderful as well!

I just watch the last episode with subs and finally feel somewhat coherent enough to share my thought.

Initially, I think Soo-ah's story may be rushed because they left her story to the last episode to unfold, but it was done so nicely. I feel like crying when Eun and Mirae reach out to Soo-ah to help her through a very difficult time of her life. It's heartwarming to know that there are people who are willing to offer a hand to raise her up, in stead of ignoring or pushing her down the hell hole. I also appreciate that they show Soo-ah getting professional help (therapy) to work through her issue. I love the message that Hye-sung passed to Mi-rae, and then Mi-rae passed to Soo-ah: "You are the most important person to yourself, so you have to love yourself, treat yourself right, focus on making yourself happy first." (I may quote this wrong, but you get the gist)

It is delightful that most (but not all) of the female characters in this show are awesome in their own way and have healthy friendship with each other. Just wish MR and HJ have a scene together in the last episode, just BFF sharing things but I guess they run out of time for that :( Of course, I love our OTP and their wonderful relationship, but I run out of words about how awesome they are, you guys have said it all :)

Once in a while, there is a drama like this that makes me excited and nostalgic about all my first times (first love, first hand-holding, first time buying present for someone special...). I probably will rewatch this next week, and some time later. Thank you for all your awesome discussions, epic gifs and fangirl squealing :heart:

URGH why are they so cute tho???? They really seem to be good friends. I really hope they will keep in touch (๑˘ ︶ ˘๑)  
ps. I saw EW touch up the hair of an other girl when he was hosting a show with her, so I guess he is always obsessed with hair…not just ISY unfortunately ( ̄ヘ ̄)

BUT LADIES AND GENTS we are still so overwhelmed and happy about how perfect the ending was, that we totally forgot that they didn't show the rain scene!!!!!! We'll actually, if it had been either the rain scene or one of the kiss scenes, then I think we can all be thankful to PDnim that he choose wisely hahaha

Anyway there are SO MANY THINGS I LOVED about the last two episode but one of the things I wanted to highlight is Yoo Eun reaching out to Soo Ah. It's so refreshing to see somebody actually reaching out to a another person –who's mental state clearly isn't normal– before it's to late (specially in a kdrama). I'm glad that this show refused to go the same old "richard simmons shaming and then realise it's bad but the damage is already done"- route (a bit like 13 reasons why). This drama tackled very serious and important subjects that could've been portrayed in a very dark and depressing way, yet this show (and first of all the manhwa) put it's emphasis on personal growth and friendship in a truly empowering way which makes it so wonderful and enjoyable to watch despite it's heavy themes!
For me it's a masterpiece in kdramaland and I'm moved to tears   (*꒦ິ꒳꒦ີ*)  

Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever get a second season, but if then (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚   
I hope the story would revolve around KS and how he wants to be recognised for what he is capable of and not only for his out-of-this-world-like face (a bit like EW (≧▽≦)). Also I'd like to see how KS's family situation with his dad would unfold and I'd love to see how MR battles sexism at the workplace (★ω★) and perhaps a pregnancy scare? OMOOOOO I'm going to far now („ಡωಡ„)    

Also I remember EW and MR saying that they were fans of the manhwa before they were casted and that they'd been discussing the script and quite involved in fleshing out of their characters for the small screen (so like the song-song couple, they've been in touch way before the filming started? hmmm okey ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).  I'd LOVE to have them make a director cut commentary of each episode a bit like Dots. From a psychological point of view there is probably more talk about in this drama which would make it even more interesting (that's of course my personal oppinion)! 

4 minutes ago, annie1234 said:
More from wrap up party video. ISH cried :bawling: I hope they remain a good friend. 

Btw, many people complained why Soo ah suddenly joined them during hug. :lol:

Hahaha! I am even complaining why was she sitting between CEW and ISH! I still can’t get over her character. I mean for the entire duration of the drama she was so bad. LOL! I felt like I’m being one of those possessive and ridiculous fans of CEW! Sorry so childish of me. :joy:

3 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

more from wrap up party video. ISH cried :bawling: I hope they remain a good friend. 

Btw, many people complained why Soo ah suddenly joined them during hug. :lol:

I wanna ask the same thing... That's really a bad timing... you can hug Mirae later, girl..:angry:

Archived