[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Felisia Smith I don't think CEW is dating anyone at the moment.. I haven't seen much of interactions of JWR n CEW in BTS.. I have felt CEW was more inclined to ISH even onscreen n onscreen.. I might be delusional coz of their chemistry.. Let's see whom will CEW date in future? He has a long way to go!!.. He might have different preferences regarding GFs

19 minutes ago, coldcucumber said:

I just want to share this with you and I agree with netizen comments about CEW looking superb in the drama. We all know how Eunwoo doesn't have a single bad pic of him and last night I was excited to finally be able to see his bad pics from the wrap up party. Because you know how even the top actors look bad at the wrap up party pics since staff will take their pics from crazy angles. But NO! Eunwoo still doesn't have a single bad pic of him after last night. His face really has the best chemistry with camera hahaha :joy:

The drama comes to an end as Cha Eun Woo and Im Soo Hyang have a happy ending, viewers say they want a second season as they're not ready to let go of Dorae couple.

2. [+968, -181] Usually when you see idols in dramas after seeing them on stage, they look ugly. If you see Baek Hyun in 'Moon Lovers' and V in Hwarang, they come out in screen really ugly. That's the limits of an idol's appearance and the reason why idols can't make it as an actor with their face. But with Cha Eun Woo, he actually becomes even more richard simmons handsome on the drama screen. Cha Eun Woo's facial features are of those of an actor

1. [+2098, -27] Now where can I see Cha Eun Woo's face,,,? 

Credit to ddoboja.blogspot.com

CEW 'ugly' face:tounge_xd:

Spoiler

41818786_10156771142660929_4679253533394

1 hour ago, deez04 said:

Let me ask everyone...

What's your ultimate favourite scene?!?!??!

I feel like there were too many to count! I will say I think my favorite episode was 6, because we got the full scene of Hye Sung saving Mi Rae's life plus the girls at the festival standing up for themselves, Mi Rae standing up to her trash crush, and Kyung Seok picking her without skipping a beat! So many amazing scenes there. That's when I knew this drama would own me forever.

But outside of that, I think the first kiss (especially Mi Rae allowing Kyung Seok to see her old face again because he misses it, and their hands holding the photograph!!!!) and Mi Rae's speech to Soo Ah about the ways women hurt themselves to fit society's standards take the cake for me.

Ugh, this drama was sooooo good.

1 hour ago, deez04 said:

Let me ask everyone...

What's your ultimate favourite scene?!?!??!

Every DoRae scenes.. His jealousy, his smile, his love towards MR, MR's love and cuteness towards him.. I love everything abt it!! But most favorite would be this sweet eyelocks

YLAE0fZ.gif

36 minutes ago, coldcucumber said:

2. [+968, -181] Usually when you see idols in dramas after seeing them on stage, they look ugly. If you see Baek Hyun in 'Moon Lovers' and V in Hwarang, they come out in screen really ugly. That's the limits of an idol's appearance and the reason why idols can't make it as an actor with their face. But with Cha Eun Woo, he actually becomes even more richard simmons handsome on the drama screen. Cha Eun Woo's facial features are of those of an actor

I agree that Cha Eun Woo looks so good in this drama. I prefer him like in this drama rather than his stage performance makeup. (don't throw tomatoes at me AROHA :lol:)

20 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@Felisia Smith I don't think CEW is dating anyone at the moment.. I haven't seen much of interactions of JWR n CEW in BTS.. I have felt CEW was more inclined to ISH even onscreen n onscreen.. I might be delusional coz of their chemistry.. Let's see whom will CEW date in future? He has a long way to go!!.. He might have different preferences regarding GFs

Yes I think so too. All of them maybe close but not to extent of dating each other. If he is dating JWR now, he wouldn't fooling around with Im Soo Hyang like that in front of his gf no matter how close they are.

And for my favorite scenes, I have sooo many but I think my top 5 will be

1. The backhug/hug/kiss scene in last episode

2. The kiss scene (of course)

3. Mi Rae's confession 

4. Mi Rae eating burger like hamster and Kyung seok said she is cute. 

5. All of Kyung seok and Mi Rae's moments from season 1 until end :wub:

and I also love all the scenes when Kyung seok smiling with his trademark eye smile :lol: it melts me.

@coldcucumber So true, he has no bad photos! How is someone this photogenic and beautiful?? 

@deez04 I agree with many that it can't be just one favourite scene, but rather, scenes!! The couch kiss scene + the lovey dovey scene by the mountains are my top ones. The first kiss scene, although I was knowing it was coming, I didn't expect it to be be so sudden (CEW really did show his namja da side lol!) so it did surprise me, and I literally screamed LOL. I like how he put his shotglass down with force to make a statement. He seems to have a hot temper.. is it odd that I find it hot? (btw, I fully enjoyed the flying kick scenes from him lol!!) The mountain scene in episode 16 was all sorts of cuteness and got my heart fluttering!

Plus, any scene where KS was able to flash his big smile is naturally a fave of mine, because I can't resist CEW's smile :D

I've been listening to the OST while doing some work, and I remember that CEW had put on an instrumental version of Rainbow Falling during his recent vlive. I hope they release that.. or maybe it was only for him for the purposes of recording the song :wacko:

Edit: nevermind.. it is available already! yay!! 

32 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Couldn't agree anymore haha. I think I am still into the drama so I let CEW and ISH together but not with JWR hahaha. 

I am looking forward for their next project~

4 minutes ago, nightdivinedream said:

Couldn't agree anymore haha. I think I am still into the drama so I let CEW and ISH together but not with JWR hahaha. 

I am looking forward for their next project~

I hope both ISH n CEW comeback soon with new projects.. I hope to see them together for some other projects too like films or another drama perhaps.. I m still not fulfilled my fill over their chemistry :P

I was finally able to watch the last episode and catch up with all the comments in the thread. There’s not much I can add when I feel the same as most of  you. I loved this drama from the first episode. And it didn’t disappoint me in any way. What surprised me the most was how every character felt like someone I’ve met or known and because of that  it felt so real to me which made me enjoy it even more.  Sometimes I want to watch a show to escape reality but it’s the reality of the show that pulled me in. I was expecting it to be a rom-com but it was so much more. I loved the story, loved the message, loved the characters, loved the romance, loved the friendships, loved the actors. 

I want to thank everyone who made a contribution to this thread for helping me keep my sanity while waiting week to week  for each episode. I was so invested in this drama and it’s great that’s there’s a place I could come to read your thoughts and get your updates.  

Hope people will still hang around this thread since I’m not quite ready to let go. 

I think they are talking about the way CEW/DKS acting in his signature soda-opening-scene-with-one-hand scene.

Look how embarrassed he is.  Wonder how he would look when they talk about his kisses scene.:tounge_xd:

Suddenly I miss the soda vending machine. It ceased into oblivion after KS started dating MR:bawling:

they looked liked couple in their honeymoon stage:wub:

HAlQnXj.gif

5sYOObj.gif

0awLKa8.gif

qAiBvqt.gif

Watch: Cha Eun Woo And Im Soo Hyang Show Sweet Chemistry In “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” Making Film

Spoiler

5ca873ecbbcc48ffb7e37daff5058da5.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 15, 2018
by blessedkpop

For those of you who are missing “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” already, here’s a new behind-the-scenes clip of ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Im Soo Hyang’s lovable chemistry.

The video starts off with the two lead actors in high school uniforms. Cha Eun Woo seems to be especially in high spirits as he starts rambling on and on about his school days. He adds, “I was a trustworthy kid. I went to after-school classes well. I studied hard. I obeyed my mom. I’m serious. I mean it.”

Im Soo Hyang looks refreshingly youthful in her school uniform. She looks quite happy in it as she joyfully declares, “I’m wearing a uniform!” When the camera director comments she looked awkward in it, she laughs and fibs, “It hasn’t been long [since I graduated].” The camera director continues to tease her, and she jokes, “Come with me.”

Later on, Cha Eun Woo discovers a grasshopper and gets excited. His eyes glint with mischievousness as he looks around for his target. When Im Soo Hyang comes closer, he puts the insect to her face, and she lets out a cry and gives him a light slap as punishment. She comments, “I’m annoyed,” but he can’t stop laughing at her reaction.

Im Soo Hyang gives all she’s got in the scene where she cheers heartily for Cha Eun Woo while he plays basketball. Eventually, she bursts into laughter and tries to hide herself in her backpack. Cha Eun Woo experiences second-hand embarrassment and holds up his thumb as a sign of respect.

Their sweetness doesn’t stop there. During the filming for the part where Im Soo Hyang falls over Cha Eun Woo while trying to retrieve her old photo, he fixes her hair for her and jokes that he’s her hair stylist now. They also quarrel adorably over how to pose for couple photos.

Check out the making video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFQGl8m_Ijg

JTBC also released a bonus clip of the cast saying goodbye. Cha Eun Woo comments, “It feels like I had a dream. Honestly, I still can’t believe [it’s over].” Im Soo Hyang says, “I feel like I poured my soul into it. I think it will be hard to say good-bye.” Cha Eun Woo says he was very happy while filming the drama, and Im Soo Hyang agrees with him.

Jo Woo Ri shares that she grew a lot during the drama, and Kwak Dong Yeon thanks the cast and crew for working hard despite the hot weather. Both supporting actors promised to come back in new productions.

Cha Eun Woo’s parting words are, “I’ve completed a big project [with Im Soo Hyang], and I learned a lot from her. We shared our ups and downs together. We became very close. I lack a lot, and she helped me a lot. I could have been a bother, but she didn’t show that, so I’m very grateful to her. The crew, director, and writer all worked hard, but I want to tell Soo Hyang that I’m especially grateful to her.”

On the other hand, Im Soo Hyang praises, “I’m very glad Eun Woo played the role of Kyung Suk. He made the character Kyung Suk really awesome, and he made the viewers’ hearts as well as Mi Rae’s heart flutter, so I’m so grateful. He must have had a hard time with his schedule and going back and forth from being a singer [to an actor]. He never showed [his tiredness] though, and he was always polite on set, although he messed with me at times. Besides telling you thank you…[I want to say] you were the best.”

Watch the final video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MXsX8pVOuU

SOOMPI

Archived