[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

After rewatching episode 15 I just realized that SA is still as annoying as ever if not worse. In the lab scene where she said that she does not like perfume because she prefers the natural stuff over artificial stuff. I really wanted to strangle her. She just obviously said that for MR to hear and make her feel more insecure because of her artificial beauty. DKS’ face was annoyed as well because he knew what SA was up to again. I just hope in the end I will not see her being friends with MR and DKS seriously. She does not deserve their friendship after all she did to MR and even DKS. That would be ao annoying. I hope MR will tell her that real person is better than a fake one. We’re down to the last episode but I am not sure if there’s still a way to redeem SA’s character. She never had even just an ounce of guilt after all she did to the people around her. She kept her pride until the end.

just thinking about SA makes my blood pressure spike up. :lol:

I agree. Maybe I’m cold hearted but I don’t feel her back story evokes sympathy from me. She said her close friend had plastic surgery and stole the guy she liked so she’s grown up thinking let’s do the exact same thing to others. If a guy likes someone just steal them away and make them suffer as much as she did in elementary school. And everyone with plastic surgery is exactly the same so just hate them without getting to know the person. When everyone thought she was dirty and ugly no one took the time to get to know the real SA so she feels justified to treat people like that too. 

Lets see what they do with her in the final but at this point it seems like she’ll only redeem herself because of a tragic incident which is sad because she should want to be a better person because she understands what it’s like to be bullied and hurt by selfish people. 

13 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

Is SA sitting between MR and DK at the wrap up party? How could she even at the very end insist to be the hindrance bet them???:angry:

wish they can show bts of the kiss! I wonder how many takes was it? :wub:

:D:D I was thinking the same. until very end, she still between MiRae and KyungSeok :D:D but from lots of photos, I think the casts are moving around and not sitting in one place

9 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I agree. Maybe I’m cold hearted but I don’t feel her back story evokes sympathy from me. She said her close friend had plastic surgery and stole the guy she liked so she’s grown up thinking let’s do the exact same thing to others. If a guy likes someone just steal them away and make them suffer as much as she did in elementary school. And everyone with plastic surgery is exactly the same so just hate them without getting to know the person. When everyone thought she was dirty and ugly no one took the time to get to know the real SA so she feels justified to treat people like that too. 

Lets see what they do with her in the final but at this point it seems like she’ll only redeem herself because of a tragic incident which is sad because she should want to be a better person because she understands what’s it’s like to be bullied and hurt by selfish people. 

Maybe the reason why I still don’t feel anything for her character expect hatred even with her backstory is because she is causing pain to people who did not do her any harm just because she was bullied and maltreated. It was only MR who had plastic surgery but she was evil to everyone who are happily in a relationship. She is just 100% insane. Even when MR showed her real concern and was trying to cover up for her, she was still too proud and had the audacity to tell MR that DKS will not date her if she didn’t change her face. I am a heartless person too but she deserves the tragic incident that’s waiting for her. She loves pretending to be super nice to everyone which led most men in this show to think she is interested in them. She is now getting all the attention she wants. Just not the way she wants it. Just plain karma for her.

Reg. SA, I think she is being saved by MR/DKS from Dong Won throwing acid on her face.  I think DW feels that since she is pretty she has got this arrogant attitude, so to make her ugly he is doing this.  Hope she will realise her mistake after this. 

Really hope the ratings to touch 6%. Hwaiting!!!!!

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

Is SA sitting between MR and DK at the wrap up party? How could she even at the very end insist to be the hindrance bet them???:angry:

Me too. I just dont like it. The funny thing is I dont mind if CEW sits next to ISH haha. Alright I need to go back to real life. 

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

GURRRLLL SAAAAAMMEEEE it totally left a bitter taste on my tongue (>m<)    I know they are just actors but stiilll

As always, the episodes have been great. Episode 15 also had some amazing moments between the OTP but sounds like I'm the only fan of this drama that got a teensy bit tired of MR's constantly back-to-the-past sob story. Not much but a teeeeensy bit lol. 

I'm so glad the drama finally utilized Eun's character. In the webtoon she's central but in the drama she's just kinda there -- until episode 15. So glad to see that actress in more scenes. She has the greatest facial expressions.

No one seems to have mentioned Ye Na... In the beginning of the series that character was soooo annoying with her constant chasing of DKS. But towards the end she has become one of my favorite characters in the series. In the beginning she seemed like a person who only cares about looks! But she is suchhhh good friends with Tae Hee and Yoon Byul it's amazing. She's always supported them even if it was with truths about how she found them to be pretty and stylish but not everyone goes for that style... Sorry don't know how to word this, but the scene where Yoon Byul tells Ye Na and TH she has a crush on sunbae comes to mind. Anyway, I really like her character and the actress. I want to see more of her.

I'll be sad to see this drama end. Whenever I've loved a drama I don't know how I'll survive not seeing more of it but then eventually those feelings wane and all ends up being okay. But right now I still want to see 123456789456713 episodes of this show just like another poster said.  Also, to the person who floated the idea of fanfiction-- let's do it!!!!!! I totally want to read English fanfics of KS and MR!!! It'd be great if the webtoon writer could do more "extras" for this couple.  A sequel on how things go when MR and KS marry and have kids would be amaaaaazing -- very curious as to how she ends up raising a child who may not look "super beautiful".  I wish I could communicate with the author and make this request! It might not be everyone's cup of tea though. 

I've not been a fan of watching the behind the scenes of this show but of course I can't stop myself from seeing the images posted on this thread. I'm sad that Im Soo Hyang has already changed her hairstyle. She's giving herself distance from her character and while I 100% understand that, I really didn't want to see that picture before the airing of the final episode. I've never been part of Soompi before for a series and I think in the future if I like a series as much as I liked this one, I probably won't join a forum. I'm just going to pray it gets aired on viki so I can fangirl the actual scenes vs the actors. It disappoints me that the characters are not "real". I mean, I don't care about the actors/actresses but the drama is important to me. Seeing these images changed my feelings about the show so I'm not happy about it :( But I do really enjoy reading everyone's perspectives A LOT!!!  To all those who wrote such detailed analyses or insights into different scenes-- THANK YOU. And thank you for giving me a place to express my feelings - positive and negative - as well.  Love to all my MIIGB chingus!!! 

14 minutes ago, maniac1 said:

No one seems to have mentioned Ye Na... In the beginning of the series that character was soooo annoying with her constant chasing of DKS. But towards the end she has become one of my favorite characters in the series. In the beginning she seemed like a person who only cares about looks! But she is suchhhh good friends with Tae Hee and Yoon Byul it's amazing. She's always supported them even if it was with truths about how she found them to be pretty and stylish but not everyone goes for that style... Sorry don't know how to word this, but the scene where Yoon Byul tells Ye Na and TH she has a crush on sunbae comes to mind. Anyway, I really like her character and the actress. I want to see more of her.

Ye Na turned out to be a great friend to Yoon Byul and Tae Hee, so I agree that she's another awesome and unexpected character. I never disliked her, but I thought she was just there for comedic relief with her crush Kyung Seok at first. I'm glad they expanded on her a little more, and that several of the girls at college got interesting side plots. Even if they only lasted an episode or two each, lol.

My heart is already cracking right now seeing them at the wrap up party (╥ω╥). Any plans how to get over a heartbreak?

Our lovebirds looked so good in school uniforms, so my wish is for them to reunite for the drama versions of the webtoon "Lookism" with PDnim of course. How awesome would that be?

do yall know about this drama where there is a girl and guy who lives in the same house (but at different time periods) one day wakes up to find that their timeline has merged and now they are staying in the same house?

40 minutes ago, maniac1 said:

I've not been a fan of watching the behind the scenes of this show but of course I can't stop myself from seeing the images posted on this thread. I'm sad that Im Soo Hyang has already changed her hairstyle. She's giving herself distance from her character and while I 100% understand that, I really didn't want to see that picture before the airing of the final episode. I've never been part of Soompi before for a series and I think in the future if I like a series as much as I liked this one, I probably won't join a forum. I'm just going to pray it gets aired on viki so I can fangirl the actual scenes vs the actors. It disappoints me that the characters are not "real". I mean, I don't care about the actors/actresses but the drama is important to me. Seeing these images changed my feelings about the show so I'm not happy about it :( But I do really enjoy reading everyone's perspectives A LOT!!!  To all those who wrote such detailed analyses or insights into different scenes-- THANK YOU. And thank you for giving me a place to express my feelings - positive and negative - as well.  Love to all my MIIGB chingus!!! 

In the webtoon MR cut her bangs so probably ISH did it for the character

Archived