My_ID_Is_Gangnam_Beauty-P1.jpg

My ID Is Gangnam Beauty / 내 ID는 강남미인 

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Genre: Drama, Romance

Release Date: July 27th - September 15th, 2018

Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays 23:00

Director: Choi Sung Bum

Writer: Choi Soo Young. Gi Maeng Gi (webcomic)

Synopsis

Kang Mi-Rae had a timid personality due to her ugly appearance. She was teased by people and even bullied when she attended school. Now, Kang Mi-Rae is beautiful after undergoing plastic surgery, but she still has her timid personality. Kang Mi-Rae starts her first year at a university. People are still mean to her and call her "Gangnam Beauty" in a derogatory manner. Meanwhile, Do Kyung-Seok attends the same university. He does not judge people by their appearance. He cares about what's on the inside rather than outside. Do Kyung-Seok begins to like Kang Mi-Rae.

Cast:

Lim Soo Hyang as Kang Mi Rae

Cha Eun Woo as Do Kyung Seok

Jo Woo Ri as Hyun Soo A

Kwak Dong Yeon as Yeon Woo Young

Park Joo Mi

Min Do Hee as Oh Hyun Jung

Notes

1. This drama will replace the time slot occupied by "Sketch"

source: asianwiki, es.drama.wikia

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, marykarmelina said:

My ID is Gangnam Beauty> Coming in July!

Hello chingu, Thank you for the good news. Is there a channel for this drama? I love Lim Soo Hyang :wub: Looked up Cha Eun Woo, loved him in the Greatest Hit. I will definitely check this one out! 

ermergerd it's Im Soo Hyang. She's sooo pretty and has a knack for comedy, so if this is indeed comedy, I'll jump into it.

Sigh, the only thing we have in common is our Korean name. A couple of years back, I chose Im Soo Young for a punny reason.  Now I'm all wrinkly.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인 - Im Soo Hyang, Cha Eun Woo, Kwak Dong Yeon - Fri & Sat 23:00 PM KST - Premiers in July

My-ID-Is-Gangnam-Beauty-SR222.jpg

First script reading for JTBC drama series “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” took place May 30, 2018 at the JTBC building in Sangam, Seoul, South Korea. At the first script reading, main cast members Lim Soo-Hyang, Cha Eun-Woo (‘Astro’), Jo Woo-RiKwak Dong-Yeon, Park Joo-MiMin Do-Hee and Woo Hyeon all attended. The director of the drama series Choi Sung-Bum stated that the story is about the growth of a woman after going through plastic surgery and experiencing new things at a university.

“My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” first airs July, 2018 in South Korea. Source: asianwiki

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인 - Im Soo Hyang, Cha Eun Woo, Kwak Dong Yeon - Fri & Sat 23:00 KST - Premiers in July

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Talks About Preparing For His Role In “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”

Sw7ZeWP.jpg

In a recent interview, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo discussed his starring role in the upcoming JTBC drama “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” (literal title).

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” will tell the story of Kang Mi Rae (played by Im Soo Hyang), a young woman who decides to change her life through plastic surgery after being teased about her looks from an early age. However, when she arrives at college post-surgery, she finds that her new life is drastically different from what she had imagined, and she is forced to search for the true meaning of beauty.

Cha Eun Woo will be starring in the drama as Do Kyung Suk, a handsome college student who has always received attention for his looks wherever he goes, but who never judges other people based on their appearance. Although he seemingly has it all—looks, intelligence, and a wealthy family—Do Kyung Suk secretly harbors emotional scars from his unhappy home environment. In spite of his cold, distant manner, he has a tender, caring side that surfaces around the people he loves.

The idol-turned-actor remarked, “From the moment I heard that [‘My ID is Gangnam Beauty’] was being made into a drama, I immediately wanted to try taking on the character of Do Kyung Suk.” He continued, “Although [Do Kyung Suk] seems like a perfect guy who’s impossible to get close to, the character’s charm is his honesty and his inability to hide his feelings from those he likes.”

Cr.Soompi

Cha Eun Woo went on to reveal that he had been a fan of the original webtoon. “Because it was such a popular webtoon, I enjoyed reading it during its run,” he shared. “I also read it multiple times as I was preparing for my audition and after I was cast, focusing on the character of Kyung Suk.”

The ASTRO member reported that he was working on conveying his character through small physical details like his bodily movements, his vocal projection, and his gaze. “I don’t think acting is showing yourself exactly as you are,” he commented, “but rather, it’s the process of bringing something out from deep inside you.”

He added, “I want to show a Do Kyung Suk different from the one in the webtoon, a Do Kyung Suk that is specifically Cha Eun Woo’s alone.”

Cha Eun Woo concluded, “I hope that ‘My ID is Gangnam Beauty’ becomes a coming-of-age story that stirs up viewers’ own heart-fluttering memories of campus life. Please look forward to the stories of realistic characters and the emotional growth of Kang Mi Rae and Do Kyung Suk, who will overcome their wounds together.”

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” is scheduled to premiere in July, following the end of “Sketch.”

Cr.Soompi

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인 - Im Soo Hyang, Cha Eun Woo, Kwak Dong Yeon - Fri & Sat 23:00 KST - Premiers on July 27th

Archived