[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

10 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I can't move on from the show.. Y can't we have next season.. They deleted such a beautiful scene.. :bawling: ..

Awww was that supposed to be a dream or something? Due to the style of KS's hair (though I could be wrong) it looked like it was for earlier in the drama before they dated.. sooo.. another one of MR's daydreams? LOL. Maybe it will be part of bonus footage if they release a DVD! I'm not ready to let go either of this drama!!

@JEMRIE thanks for sharing that!! I love how they had such sweet words for each other. I think they are all sad that it is over (happy and sad.. happy it performed so well, but sad because they did grow close in the last several months, and parting is such sweet sorrow!)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, susieunnie said:

Awww was that supposed to be a dream or something? Due to the style of KS's hair (though I could be wrong) it looked like it was for earlier in the drama before they dated.. sooo.. another one of MR's daydreams? LOL. Maybe it will be part of bonus footage if they release a DVD! I'm not ready to let go either of this drama!!

Yes in the hashtag she says it was MR imagination...

@JEMRIE thank you for sharing the article my heart is having all sorts of feels about this... 

but there is a part in the article thats not right... because CEW said to ISH that she looked awkward in the uniform and teased her afterwards... but anyway i enjoyed reading the article.

about the favorite scenes.. its so hard to choose

1. every scene with DKS and KMR together, but especially the scene where they are drinking together and for the first time share their pain.. it felt like they started walking on a new path after this scene

2. I liked every scene with DKS mother and MR, i felt like a lot of the messages the drama wanted to give the viewers where delivered through their conversations..

3. And i really loved it when DKS was jealous and was actively pursuing MR

edit: Ow how can i forget the Kiss scene is really one of my fav scenes as well i loved it so much i repeated it for 2 hours straight.. ughh living my imaginary love life through this couple

10 minutes ago, soesje said:

Yes in the hashtag she says it was MR imagination...

@JEMRIE thank you for sharing the article my heart is having all sorts of feels about this... 

but there is a part in the article thats not right... because CEW said to ISH that she looked awkward in the uniform and teased her afterwards... but anyway i enjoyed reading the article.

about the favorite scenes.. its so hard to choose

1. every scene with DKS and KMR together, but especially the scene where they are drinking together and for the first time share their pain.. it felt like they started walking on a new path after this scene

2. I liked every scene with DKS mother and MR, i felt like a lot of the messages the drama wanted to give the viewers where delivered through their conversations..

3. And i really loved it when DKS was jealous and was actively pursuing MR

Aww so Mi Rae was imagining a kiss under the rain with Kyung Seok. :kiss_wink: naughty MiRae. :love:

Yes, it wasn't the camera director that teased her about the uniform. It was Cha Eun Woo. That's why she chased him after that. :blush: why so cuteeeee.

I just found this gif and I am in love with this one. I imagine if someone like Do Kyung Seok does something like this to Mi Rae. 

Mi Rae will have heart attack. Viewers will have heart attack as well. :tounge_xd:

giphy.gif

Is it possible for JTBC drama to have a dvd? I hope they will make dvd of this drama with lots of new BTS ,cast interviews, and deleted scenes.

2 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Aww so Mi Rae was imagining a kiss under the rain with Kyung Seok. :kiss_wink: naughty MiRae. :love:

Yes, it wasn't the camera director that teased her about the uniform. It was Cha Eun Woo. That's why she chased him after that. :blush: why so cuteeeee.

I just found this gif and I am in love with this one. I imagine if someone like Do Kyung Seok does something like this to Mi Rae. 

Mi Rae will have heart attack. Viewers will have heart attack as well. :tounge_xd:

Yes she said  " #사실이건미래상상이었어 "  which says to be honest this is mirae's imagination:tounge_xd:

lolll i think MR woud have fainted.. but it really wouldnt fit DKS character :joy:

To be honest besides being enthusiastic about CEW and his group and future drama's

I have been really crazy about ISH, i loved her acting and i watched her in beauty bible with Yura and i really liked her nice and bubbly personality.. she seems like a great person and i really will support her!!

i think CEW will become a really good actor, he has the looks and the will to play so many characters, i would like to see his development..

I would also love to see him in a gangster or fight drama because his fighting scenes in this drama where so good!!!

14 minutes ago, soesje said:

Yes she said  " #사실이건미래상상이었어 "  which says to be honest this is mirae's imagination:tounge_xd:

lolll i think MR woud have fainted.. but it really wouldnt fit DKS character :joy:

To be honest besides being enthusiastic about CEW and his group and future drama's

I have been really crazy about ISH, i loved her acting and i watched her in beauty bible with Yura and i really liked her nice and bubbly personality.. she seems like a great person and i really will support her!!

i think CEW will become a really good actor, he has the looks and the will to play so many characters, i would like to see his development..

I would also love to see him in a gangster or fight drama because his fighting scenes in this drama where so good!!!

It wouldn't fit with DKS character but it can be Mi Rae's dream or imagination :tounge_xd: 

Yes, she seems like a person with great personality and she approached the other casts first so they won't be awkward around her since she is older than most of the casts. I love that she is very comfortable with her costars (especially CEW :yum:) and not intimidate the others even though she is their senior. CEW even dared to tease her here and there. :tounge_xd:

I want to see them more in new projects but I am not sure my heart can handle seeing them with other actor/actress. Can't they just work with each other again? :naughty:

1 hour ago, soesje said:

YESSSS I think he could play a bad boy.. he just wouldn't be able to smile much otherwise the whole gangster look would dissolve into his natural cute look LOL. The scenes in Gangnam Beauty when he was pissed off (like when he was grabbing onto their coworker for talking crap about MR, or when he chased down stalker boy DW), I think he did a good job with his angry face! His flying kicks all looked so cool :D

In CEW's vlive he was saying how he was so immersed in being KS, he wanted to make NGs towards the end because he didn't want it to end. He also said it feels weird now he's not filming, and that he thinks he'll feel empty for some time. So, he's with us on this one!!

20 minutes ago, joan140 said:

wait... they were kissing after that ???

Yes!! The kiss was not fully shown.. But DKS went in for a kiss:bawling:

25 minutes ago, susieunnie said:

In CEW's vlive he was saying how he was so immersed in being KS, he wanted to make NGs towards the end because he didn't want it to end. He also said it feels weird now he's not filming, and that he thinks he'll feel empty for some time. So, he's with us on this one!!

I hope to see CEW again with ISH once more as I m sucker for their chemistry.. I have got to see this kinda chemistry after a long while.. I don't wanna miss them:mellow:

14 minutes ago, susieunnie said:

YESSSS I think he could play a bad boy.. he just wouldn't be able to smile much otherwise the whole gangster look would dissolve into his natural cute look LOL. The scenes in Gangnam Beauty when he was pissed off (like when he was grabbing onto their coworker for talking crap about MR, or when he chased down stalker boy DW), I think he did a good job with his angry face! His flying kicks all looked so cool :D

yesss a bad boy would be a great next move tbh!! he really has the skills to fight so i would love to see him putting it to good use( filming)

ahwww thats so sad:bawling: its his first drama as lead right? im happy for him that it was with such a great team and especially with ISH... i think she helped him a lot during filming.. i'm happy that they are close, hopefully they will film a drama again or appear on variety shows together in a few years time...

@icyphoenix  i also don't want to miss them their chemistry was really on another level, i enjoyed watching them so much!! i also really hope they will work together again!!

1 hour ago, icyphoenix said:

Yes!! The kiss was not fully shown.. But DKS went in for a kiss:bawling:

I hope to see CEW again with ISH once more as I m sucker for their chemistry.. I have got to see this kinda chemistry after a long while.. I don't wanna miss them:mellow:

If I were a producer of kdrama in South Korea, I will cast CEW and ISH in all of my projects :lol:

1 hour ago, susieunnie said:

We don’t want it to end too :bawling:  I need more DoRae couple in my life :heart:

6 hours ago, deez04 said:

Let me ask everyone...

What's your ultimate favourite scene?!?!??!

Of course all of us loved the kiss scene and all the lovey-dilicey scenes but excluding those scenes I would choose tge scene when MR’s dad told DKS that there are CCtVs in their house and everything is recorded! DKS’ reaction was priceless!!!  :joy:

9 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Also I remember EW and MR saying that they were fans of the manhwa before they were casted and that they'd been discussing the script and quite involved in fleshing out of their characters for the small screen (so like the song-song couple, they've been in touch way before the filming started? hmmm okey ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).  I'd LOVE to have them make a director cut commentary of each episode a bit like Dots. From a psychological point of view there is probably more talk about in this drama which would make it even more interesting (that's of course my personal oppinion)! 

OH I would love that a couple's commentary, I wanted to see how this couple interact and converse hihihi, that would be so interesting and exciting knowing that both of them talks a lot hahaha. crossing fingers!

I had a lazy morning and the first thing i did was watching the final episode :) I really love the message this drama deliver. I think MR line to SA sum up what the dramas message is. 

"Mirae – You, I hate you, okay! I feel like I am talking to a wall. Okay, I am not pretty, I had surgery, I was not happy because I was not pretty! Are you happy because you are prtty! Why do you have to do this! Why do we haev to be like this! You are not fat, but you try to lose weight and throw up and get surgery. Like we will die if we don’t get pretty. Our face is a gold mine(?). We fight each other because of our looks. We get surgery and fight, why should we do this. I really don’t want to do it. I don’t want to do it anymore. I will, from today, I will rethink what makes me really happy. I will do it." (drama milk) 

I feel a little empty letting this drama go, they always made me smile and feel fussy inside seeing the OTP falling in love  and also seeing MR growth. I was so happy seeing her gaining confidence and standing up for herself. 

10 hours ago, annie1234 said:

more from wrap up party video. ISH cried :bawling: I hope they remain a good friend. 

Btw, many people complained why Soo ah suddenly joined them during hug. :lol:

yeah I thought about that too, why did she join them with the hug, it's the couple's moment hello?

7 hours ago, deez04 said:

Let me ask everyone...

Gosh I have many if not all hahaha, but on top would be:

1.  The mother and son hospital scene, I guess forgiveness is the key for a family reconciliation

2.  The mom catching the couple that they are already dating hahaha, cool and supportive mom

3.  the observation deck scene, wow sooooo romantic and sweet but not cheesy...

4.  DKS introduction to MR's parents hahaha so hilarious, so unique

5.  all the bus ride dates whoa...

6.  all their handholding, KS is soo obsessed with MR' hand so sweet!

7. the rain scene, so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time...

8.  the teeth brushing is unforgettable...bromance to the highest level!

9.  MR's dancing in ep1, she is daebak , she ROCKS!

Whew, I'll comeback for more hihihi...

So I watched the BTS wrap party scene with the JWR hug lol. Just cause everyone was talking about it. But I think we have to take it into context that they were all watching the last episode together and Hyun Soo Ah plays a main role in this episode. It's kind of natural for her to be part of the hug at the end because she filmed this episode very closely with them. 

In fact, I would go so far as to say that SA was sharing the role of first lead in this drama with MR, with much more of an impact than sunbae or Hyun Jun or any other side characters. Her storyline mirrors Mi Rae as she seems the antithesis of her but in reality they are so alike with one another. Super props to the actress for being so amazing at her role. We genuinely hated her character so much we couldn't even enjoy an innocent hug lol

8 hours ago, deez04 said:

Let me ask everyone...

I have so many scenes that I liked so it's hard to choose an ultimate favourite.  Let me think and narrow it down to my top 50 I mean 10 scenes.  Not in any particular order just what pops into my head.

1.  Birthday hugs and kisses with mountain scenery in background.  So pretty and full of love.

2.  First (& second) kiss on the couch.

3.  Back hug in the kitchen

4.  Rain scene after SA hug and KS wanted to know how MR felt about him.  I liked how KS was desperate to hear MR's feelings about him and not what others will think about them.

5.  MR falling back onto KS when sorting garbage.

6.  KS and KH sharing their food.  I mentioned this in a previous post.  I like the natural way a brother and sister who are close would act.

7.  When MR was drunk and he pulled her close when they were crossing the street.  "Something in your eyes..." is playing in my head right now.

8.  First date at the movies and MR imagining the popcorn scene then eating popcorn with straws. 

9.  Mother and daughter reconciliation.  

10.  Deleted rain scene.  No other description is needed since everyone here knows what scene that is.  

It's so great that they show women can also be independent and happy and don't need a man to have a happy ending.  Tae Hee and KS's mom's last scenes were unexpected to me.  We're so used to getting everyone making up and getting back together for their fairy tale ending but having the women show that they are fine on their own and don't need a man that doesn't respect them is the best.  Both women had the last say, got up and walked away.  

I wish Kdramas were more open to season 2 but it's so rare that it happens.  They could call it My ID is I Have a Girlfriend.  

@kodomonojikan that title was awesome.. I hope this drama has a season 2..it was one of the perfect dramas.. Every characters where true to their nature.. It showed reality of human nature.. I really loved the ladies in the drama.. 

TH n NYS were defo soo cool to walk on their men.. They showed that women r better off without any men.. 

Eun unni my favorite character.. She was epitome of coolness n graceful n generosity.. Hyun Jung, a perfect example of a friend in need and a friend in deed.. Jung Boon she was cute for her short period of time n innocent!! Even YN was true to herself, I liked her..KS's sister was cute n the way she mellowed her brother n mom.. Poor kid just wanted love.. I love the way she is sassy like her brother.. I guess it runs in the blood..  SA, the way she resolved herself n got things straighten up n her gifting MR perfume shows she is accepting the kindness n change of perceptions in her life n start of search for true happiness n herself.. MR, she has far more evolved from a timid girl to a protective girlfriend.. Her change of perceptions regarding beauty n her seeing herself in SA n helping her n finally being able to come out of her shell n live her love life completely in front of the world.. 

I just didn't like JH.. She was weird!! 

The writer is just a perfect master n he created a master piece!! 

Archived