[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah. So many comments. I almost wish that actress is secretly dating CEW then all the fans will faint.

Personally I don't care, since the actress must be comfortable with them to sit between them and join the hug. Since we all know the real K entertainment world hides their reality from the fans.

Slept only 3 hours last night but my tiredness went away as soon as I started watching the finale!! 

I loved how we still got some uber sweet moments in this last episode.. The mountain scene was soooooo sweet that my teeth started hurting!! I can see why Korean guys don't like K dramas.. guys aren't usually this abnormally sweet LOL. DKS wins the perfect bf award. ISH and CEW did such an amazing job with their chemistry. They're so sweet on and off screen, with their moments of handholding, blanket sharing, hair fixing.. and their friendly bantering! I can't imagine anyone else acting these 2 roles. You can tell that they've gotten close through this drama and I can imagine that they will remain good friends. It will be very memorable for CEW as there were many firsts as an actor for him in this one. I can't believe he is only 21 because he seems so mature when he wants to be (except when he's pranking around with ISH/ASTRO members--but I do love how fun he is!). Here I am thinking, what the heck was I doing when I was 21?? LOL

THIS IS THE BEST DRAMA FOR ME OF 2018!!! Thanks for all the shared discussions everyone!! It was so much fun sharing our sentiments and opinions on this drama! I'll still continue lurking here but this drama was seriously so much fun to watch (despite the painful, lengthy Monday to Thursday lulls), and I'll still get a good kick out of it when I'm rewatching! 

1 hour ago, volturi987 said:

Hahaha! I am even complaining why was she sitting between CEW and ISH! I still can’t get over her character. I mean for the entire duration of the drama she was so bad. LOL! I felt like I’m being one of those possessive and ridiculous fans of CEW! Sorry so childish of me. :joy:

Hahahaha I was also thinking the same lolz :lol:.. I m also childish like u.. I wanted ISH n CEW to sit together.. But anyway they were facing the same direction n most of the time CEW was looking at ISH while JWR was eating:P..

1 hour ago, amisyka77 said:

I wanna ask the same thing... That's really a bad timing... you can hug Mirae later, girl..:angry:

Yes, u broke their hug.. U would have hugged later after they completed their cozy hug lolz 

The after moments of ISH IG story.. The mystery is over lolz:lol:

Edit:

“My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” Ends With Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

“My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” Ends With Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Sep 16, 2018
by eclipse01

JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” went out with a bang!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 15 finale scored average viewership ratings of 5.8 percent nationwide and 6.2 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area—the highest ever achieved by the drama during its entire run.

Here are three reasons that the drama managed to keep viewers tuning in week after week:

1. The chemistry between Im Soo Hyangand ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo

Because “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” was based on a popular webtoon of the same name, it was no easy task for leads Im Soo Hyang and Cha Eun Woo to live up to fans’ expectations. However, Im Soo Hyang’s detailed, relatable acting and Cha Eun Woo’s impressive transformation into the webtoon’s dreamy heartthrob had fans applauding both actors as “the ultimate Kang Mi Rae and Do Kyung Suk.”

2. The successful adaptation of the webtoon’s message

Although fans of the webtoon were initially worried that its message would be lost in translation, the drama stayed true to the heart and soul of the original work. “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” preserved the webtoon’s realistic but meaningful message about inner beauty, but it also added just enough of its own charm to keep the story new and refreshing.

3. The drama’s observations about true beauty

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” depicted the emotional turmoil and development of Kang Mi Rae, who struggled to come to terms with her looks and longed to be acknowledged for her physical beauty. Even after achieving the pretty face of her dreams through plastic surgery, she found herself unhappy and insecure.

However, over the course of the drama, Kang Mi Rae eventually learned the true meaning of happiness and gained confidence as she found someone who loved her for more than her looks. Throughout her journey, she forced viewers to ask themselves the question, “What is true beauty, anyway?”

Im-Soo-Hyang-Cha-Eun-Woo-21.jpg

Are you sad to see “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” come to an end?

Source : soompi

P. S. The first reason is my complete reason to stick to this show forever!! 

I thoroughly enjoyed this show. I don’t think there was a single scene I didn’t like. Yes, even when Soo-ah was less than charitable to Mi Rae I still liked the scene because it was part of the story and her true personality.

I commend the script writer for satisfying me on the point of Mi Rae’s assistance to Soo-Ah. One thing I have never liked is unrealistic attitudes and feelings by heroines. The writer did Mi Rae justice by having her acknowledge that yes she hates Soo-Ah and yes she didn’t want to help her when Eun first asked at the cafe. It completely satisfied me that Mi Rae had these “realistic” feelings and so any help she gave Soo-Ah afterwards was completely fine with me. At least her feelings for Soo-Ah didn’t “magically” change especially after all the terrible things Soo-Ah did to her and said to her. I’m completely satisfied with the resolution of their story. 

I confess that for the first ten minutes of this final episode I could barely sit still as Mi Rae’s parents and Kyung Seok had me cracking up. I loved everything about their scenes as well as all the OTP’s scenes. I love that Kyung Seok is already thinking of marriage. Heh. He’s quite serious about Mi Rae. I think the last scene was nicely done because it somehow conveyed a continuation of their love story even though the credits began to roll. :wub: I think if it had ended at the observation deck it would have felt final. Ending it where they are dressed in their couple hoodies, holding hands and walking toward the camera with their friends gives it a feeling of continuation for me.

I liked the idea of HJ and WY and I think there is some hope there. The bar couple’s final scenes were nice too. Eun is still a character I really like to the end. Still, all the characters, even that awful Chan Woo made this drama very interesting. I’m glad in the end that Mi Rae and hopefully the other girls understood that rather than being obsessed with their appearance, find the things that make them happy and worthwhile while living their lives.

Watching the last ep is so bittersweet :cry: and yup I'm one of those who oppose JWR to go near CEW too hahaha. Let Mirae and Kyungsuk have their last moment at the wrap up party, girl. You can have Wonho instead :D I wish JTBC give them a reward vacation though because they did well in terms of ratings and they truly deserve one for all their hardwork. The hardest part now is for me to let go of this drama and my new obsession of watching Astro's videos on youtube. I blame you CEW why you make me stan you and your group???:lol:

more instagram updates

fantagio's official web
hSeGpH1.jpg
cr: as tagged

edit:Anybody who knows SK very well, where is this place exactly?  The place is so beautiful and scenic.  Has the cold weather started already?  Its so chilly and windy!!!!!!  Is it the Great Britain's flag they are wrapped in?:joy:
Spoiler

mNEek5c.gif

6 minutes ago, deez04 said:

Let me ask everyone...

What's your ultimate favourite scene?!?!??!

i have extremely many fav scene. 

1. When Do Kyung Seok jumped and kicked Chanwoo and DongWon and punching the coworker (SOO satisfying!)

2. The tender moment when Mirae sleeps with her mother on epi3. And her word "life is all about fighting through your struggles" hits me hard. Its like if you're going through a situation that feels like hell, keep moving. Why would you stay in hell anyway. 

3. That extremely cringey aegyo

wait. If im making list i need to rewatch the whole drama. I would say the whole drama is my favourite for now.

I'll come back later if i found my favoritest (is that even a word?)

I just want to share this with you and I agree with netizen comments about CEW looking superb in the drama. We all know how Eunwoo doesn't have a single bad pic of him and last night I was excited to finally be able to see his bad pics from the wrap up party. Because you know how even the top actors look bad at the wrap up party pics since staff will take their pics from crazy angles. But NO! Eunwoo still doesn't have a single bad pic of him after last night. His face really has the best chemistry with camera hahaha :joy:

The drama comes to an end as Cha Eun Woo and Im Soo Hyang have a happy ending, viewers say they want a second season as they're not ready to let go of Dorae couple.

Original Source (OSEN via Naver): 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Cha Eun Woo ♥ Im Soo Hyang, public relationship...even their first kiss is LTE pace

Nationwide rating for episode 15: 4.832% (cr.Nielsen Korea)

1. [+966, -19] Kyung Seok seriously just comes straight in..

2. [+968, -181] Usually when you see idols in dramas after seeing them on stage, they look ugly. If you see Baek Hyun in 'Moon Lovers' and V in Hwarang, they come out in screen really ugly. That's the limits of an idol's appearance and the reason why idols can't make it as an actor with their face. But with Cha Eun Woo, he actually becomes even more richard simmons handsome on the drama screen. Cha Eun Woo's facial features are of those of an actor

↪ [+146, -19] Why are you dissing V? 

3. [+505, -29] Today's kiss scene reminded me of Taek and Deok Sun from 'Reply 1988'.. The energy... Ha the gentle gray cat went on top of the stove ㅠㅠ

4. [+297, -7] Today's final scene was awesome... I watched while holding onto my breath 

5. [+166, -9] I seriously only waited for today 

Original Source (TV Report via Naver): Finale 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' Im Soo Hyang, the happy ending that grabbed Cha Eun Woo ♥ x self-esteem

Nationwide rating for episode 16: 5.753% (cr. Nielsen Korea)

1. [+2098, -27] Now where can I see Cha Eun Woo's face,,,? 

2. [+1422, -37] Looking past preferences, I feel like Cha Eun Woo's face is objectively handsome

3. [+617, -20] Ah it was a really fun drama

4. [+526, -17] Ah I wanted to see the deleted rain scene ㅜㅠㅡ At the end, they didn't release it.. Seriously 'My ID is Gangnam Beauty' was really, really fun and there's nothing to say about DoRae couple, they were awesome.. I want a season 2 ㅜㅠ

5. [+521, -10] Seriously, amongst dramas based on webtoons, this was the best drama. I'm sending the biggest applause to the female lead Im Soo Hyang who was able to lead well. Cha Eun Woo, Jo Woo Ri, Kwak Dong Yeon and the chemistry department family who each and every single one was exploding in charms and Hyun Jung and Yoo Jin-hyung! Families! I was happy because it was a good drama. Thank you. ^^ 

6. [+245, -17] Let's go for a season 2~  

Credit to ddoboja.blogspot.com

3 hours ago, annie1234 said:

more from wrap up party video. ISH cried :bawling: I hope they remain a good friend. 

Btw, many people complained why Soo ah suddenly joined them during hug. :lol:

It is kinda Immature but I hate this. Why Jo Woo Ri came in between. She had a chance before to hug ISH but she chose not to. She is kind of an attention seeker pretty much like her character, come on girl please move on (or I am the one that should move on lol)!!

In the end I am so satisfied with this drama. I am getting to know Astro and yess I love them all. I rarely like idol.

My thought about JWR and CEW:

If they are dating secretly, I feel sorry for her and I feel bad to choose CEW as my fav idol in Astro. He had fun with ISH when he has a girlfriend (I will definitely move on to Jinjin instead hahahaha #oot, CEW please read this I wont like you anymore hahahahahha)

Archived