[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

For this drama's DVD, go to this link: http://cafe.daum.net/idgnbeauty

I think the subtitles will be in english, chinese and japanese.

Are they taking survey for potential dvd now? I hope they will reach the amount needed to make dvd for this. I would love to see CEW and ISH doing commentary for dvd.:love:

I opened the daum site but didn't understand a word because it's in Korean. :fearful:

29 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Cuties bts gifs :love::joy:

dc gall

He really loves to tease his noona. :love: They way he laughed after he showed ISH the grasshopper to her face and she screamed. Naughty Eun Woo. :naughty: and he seems enjoying it when ISH chased him.:tounge_xd: They are the cutest couple I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

I wish Kdramas were more open to season 2 but it's so rare that it happens.  They could call it My ID is I Have a Girlfriend.  

I love your suggested title! Let’s cross our fingers. There’s no wrong with trying! :joy:

@icyphoenix I agree with your assessment on JH. She was not just ignorant. She had the bad habit of saying bad things about people as what JB said to her. Everytime she opens her mouth she either talks nonsense things about KS and SA or she talks bad things about other people. I thought at first she was just loyal to SA that’s why she kept making up her illusions about KS but she even turned her back on SA when was at her downest point of her life. Imagine JH did not even notice SA’s habitual throwing up after eating. I mean JH’s character was a total trash for me. She cannbe paired with Chan Woo! They are a pair of trashy shoes. LOL :lol:

Just now, kangminjae said:

I can only imagine that this was a dream sequence for Mi Rae, lol, because it would be very confusing otherwise lol. But I wanna see it!

Me too!!! I wanna see that deleted rain scene! How could they rub us such an important scene! :anguished:

@volturi987 I really didn't get what is she!!.. She was just lip service of a friend n fake commentor or simply a gossip lover.. Like what r you? She was completely ridiculous.. CW is totally a very trash or the worst!! They suit each other:phew:

---------------------------------------------

Another beautiful FMV of our couple 

I m going spend my time watching all the beautiful FMVs of DoRae out there:wub:

28 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@volturi987 I really didn't get what is she!!.. She was just lip service of a friend n fake commentor or simply a gossip lover.. Like what r you? She was completely ridiculous.. CW is totally a very trash or the worst!! They suit each other:phew:

Yeah, I think she just revealed her insecurities by talking trash about everyone else so that (in her mind) she would look better in comparison. I thought she was just ignorant at first, but turning on Soo Ah the second she was in trouble was the last straw.

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

Yeah, I think she just revealed her insecurities by talking trash about everyone else so that (in her mind) she would look better in comparison. I thought she was just ignorant at first, but turning on Soo Ah the second she was in trouble was the last straw.

Honestly I had that feeling since the beginning when she kept "shipping" SA with KS. It felt like she, herself, actually have a crush on KS but don't want to be made fun of about it so she overcompensate her insecurities by sticking with the prettiest girl in the department so she can feel pretty as well and be happy enough if her "best friend" got the hottest guy. Kind of like using SA as her stepping stone.

@JEMRIE LMAO I almost spat out my bubbletea after reading that IG post!!! Speaking on behalf of so many girls out there LOL!!

@pad-hari OMO those gifs are too gosh darn cute. Their playfulness is so fun to watch, I wish we could see all of them!! The grosshopper one was way too funny! CEW is such a big tease. He's such an interesting guy to watch and I honestly love all the ASTRO vlogs because they always seem like they're doing something fun together. Can I work as their staff member? Slave? I'll do anything!!

I wonder if ISH was this emotional with other dramas she's done.. I never bothered to follow bts stuff for her other dramas. I'd be sad too if I were her.. It's like when you graduate from high school and everyone goes off to various universities and colleges, and you don't get to see your friends as often anymore and your grow apart! Keeping in touch is also hard work so maybe she's also sad that this may be the height of the level of closeness she's gained with many of the cast members. 

I just realized that I'm unable to move on to other show yet. Still checking this thread and re-watching cute youtube videos of ISY + CEW.

ISY, CEW, please please have a new project, I want more of you two (don't have to be in the same project).

I watched the finale and was so happy of the ending. It was terribly bittersweet. I want season 2 but also don't want them to stretch it out so it is how I wanted it to end.

So this top moments is fun...I can't decide. so these are my favorite scenes in no particular order:

1. SA ask DS that she needs assistance since she's drunk. DS cleverly ask other boys to sober her up.

2. DS rescues MR from CW in the lounge area and then ask her if she's from his high school.

3. DS trips over CW in the cafeteria and stops MR from falling down. He later gives him his classic back hit and drop kick. Much deserved for the douchebag. ;)

4. SA walks over to flirt with DS, who pays her no attention and tells her to buy her own drink but focuses his attention to MR. (I replayed this scene so many times...like burn snake burn....lol.

5. DS stops drunk MR from crossing the street after having drinks with her...and we have that "something in your eyes...whenever you're near..." which took forever for them to release the OST.

6. MR falls hard for DS when she knew he wasn't mean to her ever. The next day she denied herself by saying that he ain't that good looking but looks so star-stuck when he opened his can with one hand (commercial moment), tries to run but gets pushed back to him by the forces of nature. love that moment.

7.  MR meets up with HJ and WY to eat out at KS's friend's restaurant.  The classic jealous first moment was so fun to watch when he realizes they live so close to each other.

8. MR stood up for herself with the scum bag from her high school that came to taunt her. She questioned SA about her motives and that was instant gratification that I see MR linking the events together to be wary of SA - where the latter tells KS that MR can't be that ugly for someone to call her KangOrc. And KS pointed out that she was cute. triple burn, snake.

9. The table match-making game where KS instantly choose MR and where she decides to pick KS to go with her to the change room. The look on the Mrs. Snake's face is like putting a cherry on top of a cake.

10. MR and KS share a moment to talk about their friendship if not for the misunderstanding from the past. MR ask if he meant she was ugly when he said he doesn't like pretty girls. His come back was weak but sweet when he likes her funny personality.

11. The fireworks moment when KS stares at MR and the title pops up..."First guy friend."

12. The smile on KS's face (his first biggest one yet) when he asks the next day if MR got on the wrong bus. And the switch to a surprised/jealous face when MR picked up the phone to speak to sunbae.

13. SA pretends to share her sob moment with KS at the gathering with their classmates. KS didn't care but when he saw MR's ID on his phone, he walks away from everyone else while leaving SA pissed off that she couldn't hold his attention (yes, that was so gratifying to see that her charms don't work).

14. DS meets up with MR, HJ and WY at the rooftop and brings a TV. DS getting jelly when the girls praise WY for being so thoughtful of cutting the meat in bite size portions and attempts to cut it himself into smaller bits, then gets jellied up again when MR has so much in common with WY with their thriftiness. He even ask MR out to watch movies to finish up a school assignment using it as a disguise to spend time with her alone. This is a really strong disconnect and development from his cold personality in episode 1.

15. Movie date night where MR attempts to go dutch with him but he thwarts every attempt since he wants it to be more of a date. MR is so clueless but can't help stare at him the whole time at the movies and the girl beside him is staring too, all shy and embarrassed. MR is so weird to use a chopstick to prevent any intimate moments from happening from day-dreaming. someone watching to many rom-com with cliche moments. This is no lady and the tramp moment sharing spaghetti - which ironically happens when they went to the restaurant to order that item. I LOVE THAT "AMAZING" sound that plays on when KS calculates his bill since he's a broke bf.

16. Rain scene where they are shoulder-to-shoulder and MR realizes that he can't just be a guy friend to her.

17. KS getting up and excusing himself cause he has no time for SA, while he ran to the TA's office to get his spot to be his roommate. I find it surprising why no one else sign up for a good deal like that. Maybe it was meant for KS.

18. KS being jealous when he thought MR was meeting with WY. He was so straight-forward in asking her that. I loved that character of his - never dragging it out and getting right to it loud and clear.

19. KS asking MR to get a job for him at her place, speaking so casually with MR and SA notices the dynamics there and excuses herself. He wants to work with MR regardless and not so much with SA where she clearly knew that her manager hired based on looks and doesn't consider the fact that it can affect others.

20. The playful nature of WY and KS where they both get jealous of each other when one spends time with MR. Especially when MR was drunk and each fought to piggy back her home. Mom was the queen of chess and paved the way for her son. Cute and witty.

21. KS does not want MR to drink more than 2 shots so guys can't touch her since he possesses her. He lets the kid on the bus know he is her boyfriend so no guys can get to her. Witty KS even says that he's not her girlfriend so he didn't lie technically. :P

22. KS confronted SA about her working with them and questioned her real motive. She said she was going to leave if he didn't like it so instead of asking her to do it, he tells her to basically "enjoy your meal" aka "enjoy your meal by yourself" then. Classy move. :ph34r:

23. DS getting into a fight for MR. DS's mom finds out through SA who tries to make MR the culprit but to her dismay, the move back-fired since his mom loves MR.

24. KS and his two confessions. MR asks him to not worry cause she only thinks of him as her friend but next, MR gets upset of KS and SA hugging and KS ask MR to stop running and start dating cause he has eyes for her only.

25. WY's confession to MR and how understanding he was when he knew MR never liked him back. :tears:

26. Angry KS when he saw MR and WY on the steps. It was really good acting to see him so angry and frustrated the first time. You can see the misery in his eyes when he walks away. I felt the black cloud around him.

27. KS went to confront SA about her confession and he knew what she was doing and why. MR snapped and directly confronted SA about her evil ways. That scene was done well and way overdue.:lol:

28. MR's confession to KS at the park. Their awkward hand-holding session was so good to watch.

29. Do-Rae cute dating moments where they tried to hide from everyone. The back-to-back texting session was really cute. But KS's mom finds out and was totally cool/rooting for them.

30. MR and KS alone in her apartment asking each other when they fell for each other - to which KS confessed that he liked her earlier. Their back hug was so sweet.

31. MR is gaining confidence to confess to the whole class and everyone was super supportive except Mrs Snake and her two-faced friend JH.

32. WH calls SA out that KS is good at judging someone's character to choose MR over her.

33. Eun calling JH to stop saying back things about KS having lower standards in women and JB calling her weird since he threw SA under a bus when she found out about her eating disorder and bad reputation.

34. The class teases Do-Rae, to which KS tells jokingly everyone that he will not kiss MR in class. He changed so much now.

35. Kiss-su moments with the double-layered first kiss - but feels not too innocent. I was worried about the scene being too staged and unrealistic if they feel it might upset Aroha fans. But in my head, I was thinking to tell those young fans to get real if they are so possessive to chain their idols up and expect them to just be a vase in a drama where he is suppose to perform. Acting is art and practice makes perfect. But I also know they are young so it's somewhat understandable but still so silly. I'm so glad he did it with ISH since she's experienced and seems to be a fun outgoing all-around person to hang out with. Also, the scene where KS feels his hormones raging due to his gf on top of him was done so perfect where he thinks a shot of soju will quench his thirst but utterly failed when he went all out on his gf to reassure her that he likes her regardless of her looks and the second lead-in kiss is more like his hormones kicking in and he had to get a better taste (kind of like you had a piece of chocolate and that wasn't enough and you reach to get the whole bar). The later pecks from KS's birthday seem like an addiction to each other after their initial kiss and MR's cheeky kiss. WEBTOON SPOILER ALERT: I'm sad we don't get to see the scene from the webtoon where KS was full on making out with MR in her apartment and the scene where MR avoided spending time alone with KS on their trip together since she gained some weight.  Apparently, there was also a bed scene where they were lying together in the same bed.

It gives us hope to see them in the future *wedding bells* :wub:

The last moment where we see SA's short hair and the realization that she looks sincere and no longer fake. Hope she gets more counselling and have Eun around her to steer her in the right path to self-recovery. I like that part where he looked for DS to tell him she never had a thing for him. That was great!

So this is the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Hope to see them again in a new project. Thanks to those who share the images and comments, spoilers and updates. You made me look forward to my weekends more. what to do with my fridays and saturdays now?

@JEMRIE Your post was super funny! Hahaha I feel her I would never be able to think of making candle with a guy as hot as DKS or CEW! There are so many things we can do together that are way more interesting than candle making. :lol:

Oh crap I am already missing them. No more previews to look forward to, no more Friday and Saturday fever for me. I think I’m going to watch all shows with ISH & CEW just to make me feel a bit better. :D

@mimomomu Hello there! Welcome! Hope you’ll love the show as much as we do! :D

I had started watching the drama but stopped cause it had not aired fully and I hate waiting for new episodes. Been binge watching since this morning (sunday). A really good slice of life. Really trying to like SA cause we know she has some backstory but sadly with everything that happened at the school fair and her pretending to care, totally not going to happen.

It's nice to see DS being jealous upon hearing that the dept TA lives in MR's neighborhood. I thought he was going to tell his dad he needs to move out.

Can't wait to finish watching the drama.

1 hour ago, mimomomu said:

Hello everyone I'm a newbie in soompi. I'm still in Episode 5 and I'm loving it :heart:

Welcome.

I'm binge watching myself. I'm currently on episode 6!

Archived