[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

11 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Our drama is at third n CEW and ISH at #4 n #5 positions respectively.. Surely the drama was loved n talked about by many people

Yeah it was loved by a lot. I am still hoping for a season 2 or another project with these two couple. Still can’t move on. :joy:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, joan140 said:

btw, it's the first time i saw someone suck the water first and then put the pill in :lol:

did not feel right =))))))

I talk my medicine like this all the time--this way you don't taste the medicine and it goes down better. I just saw it as natural....:lol:

17 minutes ago, joan140 said:

btw, as i was watching i also tried to find where that dongwoon (not sure i got the name right) guy was and wow, he literally appeared in almost every scene of them in the MT and the lesson with WY beside those that was showed in the flashback. He was the guy that standing next to KS when they were doing the drinking competition. He also was the guy who passing by when they chose groups in WY'class and also in the scene where KS beat up Chanwoo.

I just love how they did not just make up the character so randomly and just have him around when it's necessary but let him be actually one of the students. feel more real :)

OMG I watched every scene and didn't notice him until the scene where Soo ah fed the cat named Dong Woon. :crazy: I missed so many details. Tme to rewatch it! (finally, I have an excuse to rewatch it again and again).

I am glad this drama and both of the actors were loved by many people. They deserved it. and kudos to Cha Eun Woo. He is one of the few idol that really can act. It's his first lead role and he nailed it. 

The English translation of the last interview.. I cried a lot hearing our babies say their last good bye to the show n us!! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18xOaPmZYPGouKtz1z1rfcC-fyucLvN2o/view

--------------------------------------------------

Kwak Dong Yeon Shares What It Was Like To Work With Im Soo Hyang Again

Kwak Dong Yeon Shares What It Was Like To Work With Im Soo Hyang Again

Sep 18, 2018
by nature1010

Kwak Dong Yeon talked about what it was like to meet and work with Im Soo Hyang after having previously worked with her as a child actor in an interview.

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” is about Kang Mi Rae (played by Im Soo Hyang) who undergoes plastic surgery after being teased all her life for being ugly. Though she believed that she would live a better life because of it, she struggles in college to understand what true beauty is. Kwak Dong Yeon played Yeon Woo Young, a teaching assistant who initially falls for Kang Mi Rae for her looks, but ends up in love with her for her personality.

Kwak Dong Yeon commented, “When I was young, I was a child actor for ‘Inspiring Generation,’ while Im Soo Hyang was an adult. It felt different and strange [to work with her]. It was fascinating to meet and to work with her as her co-star. Im Soo Hyang led me well, as I was able to shake off memories of her when I was too young to make good scenes.”

In the drama, his character confessed his feelings, knowing that Kang Mi Rae liked Do Kyung Seok (played by ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo), and even supported her feelings for Do Kyung Seok. However, Kwak Dong Yeon shared that he wasn’t that kind of person in real life. He explained, “If it were me, and I knew that the person that I liked had feelings for someone else, I wouldn’t have confessed. I would have hoped that the two of them would be happy, and given up on my feelings.”

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” concluded on September 15.

Source :

https://www.soompi.com/article/1232189wpp/kwak-dong-yeon-shares-like-work-im-soo-hyang

I tried to watch ISH's vlive but the connection was so bad. :bawling:

She is doing photoshoot for interview. 

I just read the comments and lots of them were asking if she misses CEW or where is CEW :blush: looks like lots of people saw their chemistry and love them together. :blush:

ISH complimented CEW's OST  in her vlive 

4 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

I tried to watch ISH's vlive but the connection was so bad. :bawling:

She is doing photoshoot for interview. 

I just read the comments and lots of them were asking if she misses CEW or where is CEW :blush: looks like lots of people saw their chemistry and love them together. :blush:

She is soo adorable.. Yup I saw many ppl asking abt CEW!! I think many ppl expected her with CEW for vlive lolz:ph34r:

OMG OMG she was listening to CEW's song during Vlive and promised to learn the piano for that song???? :astonished::astonished: I AM DEAD!! :astonished::astonished:

How can I move on from this couple?????? Heeeellllpppppp

Btw, she looks so pretty with bangs and I can't wait for her interview.

I just read in ig about Jo Woo Ri's interview. She was shocked about CEW's handsomeness at first and many of her friends asked her about how handsome he is. 

12 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

OMG OMG she was listening to CEW's song during Vlive and promised to learn the piano for that song???? :astonished::astonished: I AM DEAD!! :astonished::astonished:

I just read in ig about Jo Woo Ri's interview. She was shocked about CEW's handsomeness at first and many of her friends asked her about how handsome he is. 

I m barely stopping myself from shipping them lolz :ph34r:. anyway I just love these two loads onscreen n offscreen!! I hope we get to see more of them in future n for reward vacation!! 

How can I move ON after I watched Soo hyang V-live??? Aigooo!!! Brings back memories from episode 1 to end! Soo hyang really opens up in her v-live and I love it! Mi-Rae personality still exists! And of course a lot of EW questions! She also talks about the accident happen when they filming the rain scene when the drunk man break the side mirror of the car! She said she was so scared! Poor thing... So nice to see her back to v-live! Oh yeah! Soo Hyang, Eunwoo, Dong yeon and Dohee have a group chat! That’s so nice! Hopefully the reward vacation will be finalized! 

On 9/14/2018 at 11:11 PM, alekaonu said:

:w00t: DKS kissed MR twice.:wub: 1st unexpected kiss to assure MR that he likes her despite her previous original face.

2nd to go in for another kiss. Saw DKS opened his mouth to kiss MR and she responded. :sweatingbullets: I bet many Astro fangirls are either laughing or crying. :lol:

@ohoheli dongseng! I hope you did screencap the kisses. :P

Mianhe @alekaonu noona and chingus! i was out of town last weekend! hahaha. Wasn't able to live stream.. and i still have some backlogs.. have yet to watch the last 2 episodes. :(

3 hours ago, annie1234 said:

About Jo woori: Thats probably why she kept on being close to him throughout every interview/BTS/wrap up party video that they where together..

I don't dislike her its just for me that she obviously thought he was good looking and i don't know what she was trying to do, but she did show some questionable behavior.. or maybe its just me.. like she was in videos with other cast members that are guys but she wasn't all up on their d***....

like ISH also thought CEW was handsome but her approach to him was soooooo different.. but then again everyone has their own way of interacting with ppl...

Im happy that the group has a group chat.. i hope they will keep in contact

I really hope they will keep in contact :D

I don't know why but I always thought that Eun Woo was the one that wanting ISH's attention :D (please don't throw tomato at me Aroha) :D. During bts, he playfully blocked the camera so it won't caught her face, he teased her that made him getting chased and hit by her :D and that grasshopper.. he laughed super happy after saw her scared by it. :D:D I never knew CEW was that naughty. And those hairstylist eunwoo moments. :wub:

But I love it. They didn't get awkward with each other and fooling around together and CEW is definitely "namja-da" :D:D

I saw in ig, during vlive, ISH said something about kiss scene. maybe about the NG. I didn't know for sure, but she said it was hard and they had to take it several times, I think. 

49 minutes ago, soesje said:

I don't dislike her its just for me that she obviously thought he was good looking and i don't know what she was trying to do, but she did show some questionable behavior.. or maybe its just me.. like she was in videos with other cast members that are guys but she wasn't all up on their d***....

like ISH also thought CEW was handsome but her approach to him was soooooo different.. but then again everyone has their own way of interacting with ppl...

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: I don't know what to say about her. I don't want to have a negative thoughts about her as an actress but I can't help questioning her behavior as well. 

Well, I will just stay positive and think that they are all just good friends and all of them are close. :D

Hi! I'm newly-registered but long been a silent reader here. Maybe i just forgot but could anyone tell me if Kang Mi Rae had told Do Kyung Seok that his mother had saved her from her attempt to jump off the bridge? I remember in 1 episode that she wanted to tell him, but changed her mind. Please can anyone refresh my memory if she had told him that later on in the drama? Thank you :)

To be fair though, I think most of the cast wanted to get close to Eunwoo. I mean who doesn't want to get close to the face genius and be friendly with him? I would want too :wub: Maybe JWR was being too obvious with it hahaha :lol: Well, if you question her behavior, then we can just check her behaviour for her next drama hahaha. But credits to her though I think she did a great job in portraying Sooah and she is one of the reasons the drama is successful. She made everyone hates Sooah.

And Eunwoo was getting bolder teasing ISH towards the end of filming. It was like watching him teasing MJ and Jinjin in Astro. So yeah he was really comfortable with her. I enjoyed their bickerings throughout the filming.

1 hour ago, soesje said:

About Jo woori: Thats probably why she kept on being close to him throughout every interview/BTS/wrap up party video that they where together..

Im happy that the group has a group chat.. i hope they will keep in contact

I am actually shocked too with her behavior in some videos that I was able to watched. She is kinda always being close and tocuhy with CEW. I thought that was just me and my baised towards her character in the show. LOL Maybe she’s trying to be in her character even in interviews and in the farewell party?! :lol:

wow this drama is already finished but this thread is still so much alive! Season 2 please. 

45 minutes ago, mog23 said:

Hi! I'm newly-registered but long been a silent reader here. Maybe i just forgot but could anyone tell me if Kang Mi Rae had told Do Kyung Seok that his mother had saved her from her attempt to jump off the bridge? I remember in 1 episode that she wanted to tell him, but changed her mind. Please can anyone refresh my memory if she had told him that later on in the drama? Thank you :)

No i dont think she ever told him about it... 

I think Jo Woo Ri is really a good actress and she really showend many emotions in the show.. I really dont dislike her.. in real life i just dislike it when you are all up in ppls nostrils like girl come on give the guy a chance to breath damnnn

but i am looking forward to her future dramas she is a very promising actres..

edit: my post does seem somewhat contradicting.. i like the actress but i don't like the way she handled her situation with CEW

I also think the reason why CEW was so comfortable with ISH was because she wasnt trying her hardest to be all up in his aura.. she approached him in a friendly matter and helped him, she wasnt jumping all up on him every time she had the chance

Guys I m with u.. I also thought her little questionable like the way she tries to show that she is close to him or getting touchy.. But I never saw CEW trying to respond to her or any kinda interaction.. In a lab scene BTS,  we could see the three, it was obvious that ISH n CEW were talking something n laughing n JWR held his sleeves but CEW didn't even pay attention to it.. His eyes were only looking at ISH!!.. I guess she is attracted to CEW n is obvious abt it.. Plus the thing she did in wrap up party, riled me up.. Girl!! U can obviously see those two r having private time, let them separate, y r u inserting yourself? 

Abt ISH, I feel like she tries to warm him up n guide him n make him relax by laughing!!.. But mostly I saw CEW following her like a puppy.. The grasshopper thing n the spy date when when they said cut.. He immediately hoped to ISH to talk abt something while ISH was sleeping lolz.. The way he makes fun of her purposely so that she would run towards him n fight with him.. Those two r like kids!! 

11 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Guys I m with u.. I also thought her little questionable like the way she tries to show that she is close to him or getting touchy.. But I never saw CEW trying to respond to her or any kinda interaction.. In a lab scene BTS,  we could see the three, it was obvious that ISH n CEW were talking something n laughing n JWR held his sleeves but CEW didn't even pay attention to it.. His eyes were only looking at ISH!!.. I guess she is attracted to CEW n is obvious abt it.. Plus the thing she did in wrap up party, riled me up.. Girl!! U can obviously see those two r having private time, let them separate, y r u inserting yourself? 

Abt ISH, I feel like she tries to warm him up n guide him n make him relax by laughing!!.. But mostly I saw CEW following her like a puppy.. The grasshopper thing n the spy date when when they said cut.. He immediately hoped to ISH to talk abt something while ISH was sleeping lolz.. The way he makes fun of her purposely do that she would run towards him n fight with him.. Those two r like kids!! 

Yeah she was pretty obvious! And dunny thing is CEW does not pay attention to her. Maybe JWR does not know that CEW  once ignored a text from a fellow idol asking him to go out. He is very suitable to DKS’ role. Hahaha :lol:

I think he’s not interested to those who just like him for his face alone. He once said that he likes someone whom he can get to know first according to one show I’ve watched.

14 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Abt ISH, I feel like she tries to warm him up n guide him n make him relax by laughing!!.. But mostly I saw CEW following her like a puppy.. The grasshopper thing n the spy date when when they said cut.. He immediately hoped to ISH to talk abt something while ISH was sleeping lolz.. The way he makes fun of her purposely do that she would run towards him n fight with him.. Those two r like kids!! 

I know right..

ughh but then again we could be wrong about the situation.. i saw in a comment on YT that a guy pushed JWR towards CEW and ISH so she could hug them.. so even though i feel the same as you there is always a possibility that we chose to look at the obvious and not at what actually is going down.. 

but then again in korea you dont just do skinship like that you know... ugh this is such a mindf**** type of situation.. and its actually non of my business:confused:

but still i like to analyse the situation...

here i go contradicting myself yet again

Archived