[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

D6NW11.png

This is seared into my brain until next week.

Unfortunately I don't see a good ending for the Trinity.

Unless PID is gone and the evil spirits are still around - I suppose HP (if he survives) can be a protector of sorts.

I would worry most for Mateo because if he doesn't have permission from the church, it is still not officially sanctioned so I wonder if there will be ill effects of his exorcisms.

Anyhow...exciting weeks ahead and Ep 12 was a breather from sobbing. I think I did enough in Ep 11.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Making HP to lose his mind, but at the same time giving back HP his psychic powers. Ah.. have to wait till next week. Can we just talk about how we only have about two weeks left? :mellow: I am not ready to leave the trio yet!:tears:

I know right?

We left 4 more episodes and yet we are also losing our mind figuring out who is PID.

Gosh. I really love this show!!!!

Let’s stress the fact that asking someone to cover their eye to see if that person is PID is the worst possible idea to check if they are indeed PID.

They can lie. *sigh*

That said, HP is still high on the list. I think that PY just went to meet PHJ in a tunnel is just that. I don’t think it means that he is PID. How would the superior PID not know that GY is watching them.

When HP talks to CY. The way HP talks is like..Someone knowing that it’s himself, but trying to say that he’s not. I just don’t think that HP is right anymore.Honestly, the dialogue “How could you not trust me? We fought together before.” *Head tilts* that dialogue just screams that something is off, or am I thinking too much.

I love the guest, but I hate to wait for the guest to come because he is always late! (Haha Made a joke there.)

In Ep 12 when Hwapyung’s in the church to meet father Yang and then he suddenly see hospital’s scene (through the eyes of GY’s partner who is possessed)

But how can father Yang stays at the church and visits GY’s partner in hospital at the same time?

so who is the one visiting GY’s partner? Somebody that he knows? 

And last ep HP’s dad woke up because of the ring. So there maybe something can awake possessed people? 

Too many questions and the answers still remain in PD-nim’s head hahah...

Love to see all these questions and welcome to many new members of the thread!

Unfortunately for myself, I cannot be sure who is PID but since the blind shaman says that PID says HP belongs to him, I don't think he will let HP go. So to me, that signals a tragic ending.

@bella1025 so sorry I got it wrong.

Grampa is in coma, most likely a very long one.

I was sure he died because his head plopped to one side ..... :grimace: that had always been the sign of someone had gone.

I have only watched part of epi 12, the old priest is now thrown in to add to our confusion. After removing HP’s father and grampa, I thought we now have HP left. But no.

edit: after all the posts on ep 12, I am certain PID is jumping from one person to another either going possessed crazy or seemingly normal. Why can’t it be the female detective? She pokes around alone, at night and we hardly know anything about her. 

20 minutes ago, maribella said:

I was sure he died because his head plopped to one side ..... :grimace: that had always been the sign of someone had gone.

I have only watched part of epi 12, the old priest is now thrown in to add to our confusion. After removing HP’s father and grampa, I thought we now have HP left. But no.

edit: after all the posts on ep 12, I am certain PID is jumping from one person to another either going possessed crazy or seemingly normal. Why can’t it be the female detective? She pokes around alone, at night and we hardly know anything about her. 

I think it’s because she is a skeptic and also she doesn’t have any family, that she has guilt or anger with.

@Dramanoona I really love to talk about this drama here. Knowing that I am in a place where everyone is watching the same thing as I do. It’s so hard to find people to talk about Dramas haha. 

seriously i can’t watch eps 11. too sad what happened to grandpa n HP’s dad. :dissapointed_relieved: poor HP’s family. Eps 12 on the way...

Mateo is too handsome n his wordrobe is boringggg but still everytime i watched i had to say “why is he so handsome?” “why is he in this drama? :kiss_wink: 

That detective i don’t remember her name at all n she’s annoying :triumph:

I knew since the first exorcise in hospital that Gil Young's partner will be possesed. It's good that this drama followed at least this predictable (of sort) plotline. 

It's getting more sad with every episode, but I still hope that they will all end well. But what bugs me is the way that Yoon is attacked. He's the only person that can succesfully exorcise evil spirits, so most logical thing to do is to destroy his belief and source of power, using the trauma and a developing friendship. It's so, so sad, but maybe it's the reason why they all survive? Because there's finally someone, who will stand by their sides? 

And, if they will try to rescue Detective Ko, then does that mean that Yoon will weaken himself even more? If he do, then PID will catch the opportunity in front of him and posses Hwa Pyong?

But on the bright side, if they really trust each other and find sranght there, will they actully make it to the end alive? Can't wait the last four episodes. 

Funny toughts: what if the final exorcise will be Yoon, not Hwa Pyoung? It'd be a twist, seriouslly. 

I like this drama a lot, and the behind scene clips make it even bettter - you know, you get scare on the evening and the next day in the morning (even if you don't understand a word), you can lauge looking at them (running for example or lauging without any good reason) it's nice and refreshing. 

[The Guest] Ep 12 Did Park Il Do possess Kim Dong Wook or Ahn Nae Sang?

guest14.png

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Park Il Do = Kim Dong Wook or Ahn Nae Sang? … Mystery 

1. [+312,-3]
I had goosebumps when the cross was upside down. 

2. [+173,-4]
I think it's Ahn Nae Sang.

3. [+170,-2]
The scriptwriter is Park Il Do. Kill everyone. (lol at this comment :D:D:D)

4. [+213,-111]
Jung Eun Chae is not going to improve her acting? Park Hong Joo did so well that I had goosebumps. 

5. [+94,-13]
Whenever she sees a suspect, she runs without hesitation and fights. There isn't a female character like her where she saves the male lead and hits him. I think that's why Jung Eun Chae's acting is awkward.. To be honest, there are countless of police characters who have a bad temper. But most of them are rough-looking male police officers. Jung Eun Chae is a white and gentle woman. I think because of the stereotype, it looks like Jung Eun Chae can't act. 

6. [+67,-1]
I think it's Ahn Nae Sang. Yoon Hwa Pyung is the only person who can defeat Park Il Do. That's why he is playing with Yoon Hwa Pyung. 

7. [+37,-0]
Because of The Guest, I've been waiting for Wednesdays and Thursdays. 

8. [+32,-2]
Park Il Do cannot possess just anyone. In the end, they will find out that Park Il Do has to possess someone to get him. So Hwa Pyung gets possessed by him and they will perform exorcism on him. 

9. [+35,-3]
"I'm Park Il Do, 35 years old. These days, I've been a little busy~ This week, I'll be going to Dong In Cheon with my girlfriend to have cold noodles. Please go there~!"

cr

13 hours ago, maribella said:

that's ok :) i'm just glad grandpa's not dead. i hope he stays alive so that hp, and CY & GY by extension, would have a father figure to still guide them. i don't know what'll happen to hp if everyone in his family dies. 

i still haven't seen episode 12. hope the partner detective doesnt die because he's like a dad/uncle to GY. 

It’s been ages since my last post on soompi but this drama is seriously making me log back into my account :grimace: so let me just take the thing that’s been bothering me out of my chest before I drive myself insane LOL

I’m not sure if anyone has pointed it out here but is anyone else suspicious of Father Yang’s flask? We’re told that it’s alcohol and that he’s been back to drinking but I’ve noticed that they’ve been focusing on that flask in episode 12

1. When he was talking with Yoon, they focused on him taking quite a big gulp from it before telling Yoon that he shouldn’t have trusted Hwa-Pyung etc and then he took another gulp

2. Now this particular scene was when I started thinking, what is it with that flask or more to the liquid!? Even Hwa-Pyung was staring at it as Father Yang poured its content into his cup and as the camera focused on it, I feel like we audience are being teased into wondering if its truly alcohol or is it well... sea water? 

I don’t know. Maybe I’m overthinking it but I needed to get this out of my chest plus it sort of make sense, no? It might really be sea water, it can’t be holy water!? LOL Why focus on the liquid, why make Hwa-Pyung stare? Ok maybe he was thinking why is he drinking so early in the day? But still! Ergh.

Also, I realized some are questioning/wondering etc if it was Father Yang who came to Detective Ko’s ward. It might be him tbh, I mean we’re not exactly told of the time? I’m not sure if the subtitles were wrong but Father Yang did say to Hwa-Pyung ‘they told me you were unconscious BEFORE I came’ - that itself could be an indication that he wasn’t around and had been out, hence he could really have been the one that met Detective Ko and possessed him... but then again, the fact that Detective Ko said why are you here made me question if it’s someone he’s familiar with. Could it be Yoon - I doubt it  though as he was at Hwa-Pyung’s house or at least on his way so it might not be him, hmmm.

Right... now that everything’s out my chest. Thank you for bearing with my might be nonsense, tehee.

@azuralidin_1393 I too have some suspicion. Don’t you think that the vision HP has gotten in the church, is slightly different than what he saw when he is holding the handle of the car? 

We all know that HP gets the visions when the possessed are about to kill people, but why the walking out of hospital Ward visions is there? And judging by HP bleeding afterwards, i think what he saw is something that is far greater than a normal possessed person.  Could it be (If PID is in HP) HP? (Like what PY had ask HP “Do you have any kind of like sleepwalking symptoms?” Could it be some sorts of flashback?) or PY? But like you said, the way The partner talks is a bit disrespectful to a priest huh? The writer has successfully shrouded us with so many thoughts.

I am not too sure if I need to count people that are in the story but not too much as well, like GY’s superior, even the gangster. I saw an Instagram post I think it’s the actor acting as the gangster in this series. It’s the script book for episode 15. He will come back, but come back as what? No idea.

>< I really want to know the ending so badly. I wonder what will happen to all of them when 15 comes. *screams in excitement*

@sushilicious now that you've mentioned it, I did at one point thought of either their head of department OR the detective that Detective Ko had just send out? BUT if it's him, then he would've said 'why are you back?'  instead of 'why are you here?' then I thought perhaps it's PHJ's guy but if it was him then the reaction would've been different too. Judging by his reaction, it had to be someone that he's familiar with and his tone sounds a bit banmal? Though... I don't remember him ever speaking so casually with both Yoon and Hwa-Pyung :blink:

As for the vision. Correct me if I'm wrong but Hwa-Pyung did actually have visions of the daughter back in episode one/two so his visions doesn't specifically occur when the possessed is about to kill hence having the walking out of the ward vision might just be a scene to warn us that Detective Ko has been compromised and to expect him to act differently in his next scene? Though we shouldn't rule out Hwa-Pyung since as you mentioned, it might be a flashback because seeing the scene of Detective Ko gulping down the water and having it suddenly cut to Hwa-Pyung doing the same thing is fishy!

*flails* I NEED EPISODE 13. NO, I NEED ANSWERS :bawling:

On 10/18/2018 at 8:56 PM, jeijei said:

Yoon should stop stop stop exorcising till he gets authorization. Or else, he's gonna dieee 

This is so thrilling, folks. Thanks, @Dramanoona

YK foresees his death. He might be the last straw :/

Maybe instead of being one of them, HP has psychic power that can vanquish PID. 

Him getting the authorization won't stop the curse. I don't think yoon being fired from being a exorcist has any actual consequence for his life and death. Like I don't think it will reduce the effectiveness of the prayers or exorcism. All these authorities and formalities are there so that they could keep an order and things wouldn't get out of control. There are instances in bible itself were human life is important than the authorities or traditions eg: helping that person during sabbath.

One has got to do what he has to.

Maybe Yoon is worried in his mind and this could affect his will power. 

Other than that doing unauthorised exorcism is not a sin, well if things go wrong Yoon could go jail. 

His life will be protected by the lord

I am saying this because I saw many comments saying its a sin and it will weaken him.

Has everyone forgotten that the evil congresswoman met the priest where she has been meeting the ‘thingum’ that has been helping her over the years? There is a very good chance that he is PID. However, it could also be a red herring. The priest might be just passing by and wanted to say hi to the congress woman? :joy: ok that sounds quite ridiculous, but this is KD. 

I don’t think it is as simple as the priest or HP or whomever is PID. Both the congress woman showed signs of being possessed, jittery, she kept scratching her neck and HP had pain in the right eye. They could not both be PID. I hope it is some statue or urn that contains PID’s ashes and his evil spirit  is able to control people or posess them. Once they destroy the ashes, our heroes and their mates would be free.

Omo I really can't stop grinding about guest:grin:

Okay,so in episode 12,we noticed that both sides(PY and HP) are like pushing against each other to CY telling him that hey, it's the other person. PY is really pushy on this topic,using aggression to tell CY that HP is PID. 

Meanwhile HP just gives that nonchalant face and just tell CY that it's not him. Using his experience of working together on CY to prove his innocence. Why is he so angry and aggressive about it anyways? His face,when he first met PY and compare it to the newest Episode. His face just filled with suspicion, it's like he isn't himself(More Chillax/Agressive). I think as the eye pain continues the more twisted he will get. Maybe his ways will start to get more over than usual before the actual possession.You know, doing the things and saying the things that PID used to do and say.

Loving this drama! All the cast are good in acting including the little girl. 

I think PY is possessed by PID and PID actually wanted to possess HP in the end, when HP's psychic abilities are unraveled/unlocked. I think HP could also be the key to vanquish PID once and for all. Maybe HP’s psychic abilities are more than he or anyone knows , since his powers were locked since young. So PID could be trying to turn HP’s power into his benefit instead of against him. Mateo is good, but poor Mateo is getting weaker with all the exorcisms he had done. I hope Mateo doesn't die in the end... 

but anw does anyone notice that PID's appearance when he was alive is a little bit Japanese? like the "il" from the name is from 일본 - meaning "Japan" in Korean

i know that Korean people are not really fond of Japan, but to the extend that make an evil killing people looking like Japanese... wow seriously

Guest aoikarin

On 10/19/2018 at 3:10 PM, gongcha said:

In Ep 12 when Hwapyung’s in the church to meet father Yang and then he suddenly see hospital’s scene (through the eyes of GY’s partner who is possessed)

But how can father Yang stays at the church and visits GY’s partner in hospital at the same time?

so who is the one visiting GY’s partner? Somebody that he knows? 

And last ep HP’s dad woke up because of the ring. So there maybe something can awake possessed people? 

Too many questions and the answers still remain in PD-nim’s head hahah...

I still believe that Father Yang was the one who visited the Detective Ko (Det Kang's senior) in the hospital. Actually, HP collapsed and fainted when Father Yang was not in the Church. 53:23 Father Yang: "I heard you fainted before I came in" So He was not in the Church when HP came.

Yes, I agreed with you that the possessed people can come back to their own self when they seeing something that reminds them to their beloved one; HP's father is his wedding ring that reminds him of his beloved wife, The pregnant lady who was reminded of her baby, the little girl Seo Yoon came back to her sense because of her beloved mom was awake and embraced her. So I think Love will be a weapon to fight against the evil. :)

12 hours ago, pamperedpanda said:

It’s been ages since my last post on soompi but this drama is seriously making me log back into my account :grimace: so let me just take the thing that’s been bothering me out of my chest before I drive myself insane LOL

I’m not sure if anyone has pointed it out here but is anyone else suspicious of Father Yang’s flask? We’re told that it’s alcohol and that he’s been back to drinking but I’ve noticed that they’ve been focusing on that flask in episode 12

1. When he was talking with Yoon, they focused on him taking quite a big gulp from it before telling Yoon that he shouldn’t have trusted Hwa-Pyung etc and then he took another gulp

2. Now this particular scene was when I started thinking, what is it with that flask or more to the liquid!? Even Hwa-Pyung was staring at it as Father Yang poured its content into his cup and as the camera focused on it, I feel like we audience are being teased into wondering if its truly alcohol or is it well... sea water? 

I don’t know. Maybe I’m overthinking it but I needed to get this out of my chest plus it sort of make sense, no? It might really be sea water, it can’t be holy water!? LOL Why focus on the liquid, why make Hwa-Pyung stare? Ok maybe he was thinking why is he drinking so early in the day? But still! Ergh.

Also, I realized some are questioning/wondering etc if it was Father Yang who came to Detective Ko’s ward. It might be him tbh, I mean we’re not exactly told of the time? I’m not sure if the subtitles were wrong but Father Yang did say to Hwa-Pyung ‘they told me you were unconscious BEFORE I came’ - that itself could be an indication that he wasn’t around and had been out, hence he could really have been the one that met Detective Ko and possessed him... but then again, the fact that Detective Ko said why are you here made me question if it’s someone he’s familiar with. Could it be Yoon - I doubt it  though as he was at Hwa-Pyung’s house or at least on his way so it might not be him, hmmm.

Right... now that everything’s out my chest. Thank you for bearing with my might be nonsense, tehee.

I think PID possessed Priest Yang.

1. Everytime they mentioned PID then the next scene they showed Priest Yang. In the beginning ep 12, Yoon and Kang was talking about Who is PID and Kang told him that PID is watching them, she told him that it is near them, then Priest Yang appeared LOL..

2. for me, the look of Priest Yang while watching HP leaved the crematorium look like he's staring on his prey. 

3. It looks like Priest Yang planted doubts here and there in Yoon's head to suspect HP. He tried to break HP-Yoon's bonding

4. i think just like Harry Potter, part of PID might left inside HP. However, after 20 years, the suppressed power done to young HP was worn off (LOL they have expiration date), HP's psychic power is back along with the little part of PID inside of his body..  PID itself had moved out from Young HP's body right before HP's psychic power was sealed. Now, as HP's ability comes back, PID is waiting to go back to HP body.. the most ideal vessel for him.

5. Ghost of HP's dad came back because of his love to HP and help HP with the hint.. the telephone number is from Sharing hands Chief Room, Priest Yang

6. i saw Choi Yoon's heart became weaker and full of fear (he was reminded with the curse) when he's with Priest Yang at the rest. Secondly, after the conversation over the phone with Priest Yang, Choi Yoon who still believed in HP's innocence instead of Priest Yang's reminder not to trust HP, ended up get his soul attacked with the curse with intense pains

7. I think PID and PHJ purposely let Det. Kang saw them since she'll be the next target to be killed.

8. I agree with you about the fluid in Priest Yang's alcohol flask.. I think it's something that can quench his thirst without seen drinking possessively like other possessed persons. I also notice that  Priest Yang wasn't in the church when HP came there looking for him. It's possible, he himself visited Det. Goh or he placed Det. Goh colleage/chief to possess Det. Goh and go ahead with their plan to kill Det. Kang

So far I love so much about this show, I love the trio heroes and their chemistry.. I love Det Kang, she's very beautiful, smart and badass (I never found her annoying), I love HP (and his sidekicks).. Hp is super handsome, together with his shaman friend, they are super cute and adorable. Of course I love cool headed, quiet and warm-hearted Choi Yoon. He's the most handsome priest I've ever seen. How I wish he quit his job (being a normal priest instead of exorcist) after they win agains PID. hahahhahahha 

Applause for all the possessed actors with their excellent acting, and of course, I won't forget Priest Yang's and PHJ's outstanding acting too 

Archived