[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bluemousie to answer the question of “Who do you think will be possessed sooner”

In my opinion, I Don’t think that Mateo is going to get possessed, because of him being a priest, I think the lord will protect him, but of cause with him being a exorcist, chances are his health will deteriorate but not possessed (He is like our only sole person to save people from park il do.)

As for Hwa Pyung. I have actually talked about it before, but chances are he might be our final boss, provided that he is possessed by Park Ll Do. So why this may be true, it’s because, Hwa Pyung, himself said that “A psychic is the best body to possess.” He is a psychic afterall.

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

It shows they are taking extra precautions. I was concerned as the main protagonist in this two episodes was a child.

I need psychological care and support after watching every episode. :joy:

May I ask for a favour?

Anyone who get to watch it live and understand what is going on...

Plsssssssssss spoil it for me on today's episode but put in spoiler tag plsssssssss.....

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

May I ask for a favour?

Anyone who get to watch it live and understand what is going on...

Plsssssssssss spoil it for me on today's episode but put in spoiler tag plsssssssss.....

Same! Haha. Cause, I don’t know where to watch it live so. Please!

I also suspect the Big Boss at the end will move to HP.

It may be a self-sacrificial act to die with Park Il Do inside HP's body.

Let's face it. This drama never promised a bunch of roses with rainbows and unicorns.

It all began with HP as a child and will end with HP.

For Mateo, he is experiencing what the spirits promised. Pain every day from the stabbings. Imagine living through that (until they manage to destroy PID)

At this moment, I don't think the Trinity knows how to deal with PID. If facing the evil minions were already that exhausting on the soul and body, what about if PID possessed the body of someone that Mateo and GY cared about? HP?

Father Yang seems to be back in the next episode. I feel like we are playing Cluedo as to who is PID possessing now and what will happen next.  Kind of like 'Who's the baby daddy?' over at the 100 Days Husband thread. LOL.

PS. The utterly cute moment between HP and Mateo as HP tried to stuff the talisman into Mateo's pocket. That broke the brevity of the situation/scene.

[Hand: The Guest Roundup] Episode 9

2018101101000853100066511_20181011075104574.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-10-10%2Bat%2B10.43.56%2BPM.png

Nationwide ratings for episode 9: 2.887% (cr. Nielsen Korea)

1. [+271, -6] First comment. 'Hand: The Guest' is so fun ㅜㅜ Kim Jae Wook is really flowing with sexiness

2. [+133, -4] Kim Jae Wook's sexiness is the level of a national treasure~!

3. [+93, -1] There's barely any comments. It's a fun drama that's like a movie and it reminds me of a movie with every episode....^^

4. [+79, -6] The one person who can't watch because they're scared... 

5. [+56, -2] ㅎㅎㅎ His acting overflows with charm ^^* Hwaiting until the end 

Spoiler

201810111006037684454_20181011100759_01_20181011102529896.jpg?type=w540
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-10-10%2Bat%2B10.56.56%2BPM.png

1. [+457, -24] The flaw is Jung Eun Chae is always set up to be angry  

2. [+214, -3] I feel like it's (Park Il Do) going to be Ahn Nae Sang. The person associated with every situation is Ahn Nae Sang and Kim Dong Wook but I feel like it's Ahn Nae Sang

3. [+117, -6] It feels like Harry Potter with them trying to find Voldemort's horcruxes... Won't the main body (t/n: like the main host body of Park Il Do) turn out to be Hwa Pyung   

4. [+101, -13] I feel like Hwa Pyung is going to be the main body....

5. [+70, -4] It's obvious, Park Il Do is Ahn Nae Sang  

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-10-10%2Bat%2B11.06.59%2BPM.png

1. [+227, -46] Jung Eun Chae is really bad at acting 

2. [+174, -8] Why is the female detective always mad?

3. [+139, -15] I'm sorry but the little kid's acting and the female lead's acting is too comparable;;

4. [+116, -2] They really need to give this drama an award. It's so fun

5. [+106, -2] Seriously, writer-nim, if you're thinking about killing either Choi Yoon or Yoon Hwa Pyung in the end, please, please don't ㅠㅠㅠ Let's just go straight for a season... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's this fun 

6. [+34, -7] I wish they would come out with a second season, just change the female main character~    

cr
----------
p/s: idk why they keep having a problem with jung eun-chae, ive been followed this drama and i feel enjoyed with her character, these knets need some chill.  :neutral:

Hi Ladies! I’m here in this thread! I love this drama, since I’m an avid fans of K-horror movies. This drama has bring the horror on tv screen to the next level. The last time I felt so thrilled watching a horror drama was when I watched Coma. This drama not scary (for me) but interesting and I like how the writer write the story, it keeps me in suspense all the time. I can’t wait to see the next episode and as always, looking forward to read all your theories :)

3rB4FS.png

A disheveled Mateo.

I think netizens have a bias towards male actors.

I think Jung Eun Chae is acting in character.

I get upset with HP being hotheaded and rushing into dangerous situations but nothing is said about this behaviour. In this episode, it really was him who pushed Mateo into performing the exorcism when Mateo was already struggling. SIGH.

Gil Young is meant to be a disbeliever and she is a detective! She needs facts and goes by the rule of law. I think I would have lost respect for her if she tried to overthrow the justice system now that she is in the Trinity. She is trying her best to work within the police lines and help Mateo and HP as well.

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

In my opinion, I Don’t think that Mateo is going to get possessed, because of him being a priest, I think the lord will protect him, but of cause with him being a exorcist, chances are his health will deteriorate but not possessed (He is like our only sole person to save people from park il do.)

Since last week I get the idea, that the smaller demons are weakening him, because he's got the best chances to win with Park Il Do, if there were confronted. They also made him lose his job and even stab him in this week's episode. Hp being possesed by such a powerful demon and the priest that could exorcise him because of their developing friendship. 

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

As for Hwa Pyung. I have actually talked about it before, but chances are he might be our final boss, provided that he is possessed by Park Ll Do. So why this may be true, it’s because, Hwa Pyung, himself said that “A psychic is the best body to possess.” He is a psychic afterall.

The most interesting thing is that he has no one around him and the fact that he can't see ghost anymore. It was intriguing me from the start, because he had been seeing them before the possesion event. It's suspicious that he lost this ability after... the biggest trauma in his life. It's looks more like a repression than an aftermath of the ritual. 

Also, how the congresswoman (forgot her name) can speak with, possible, Park Il Do and even if, then will he actually attack the body of the man that is the best candidat to possese? 

Btw. out of contest. Didn't Gil-Young said that she has a daughter, or was it a joke, or I mixed dramas? Becasue if she has, then yestardays episode would be so much more interesting. 

Episode 9 Mateo inorder to protect Seo Yoon, from all those spirits surrounding her, he had to absorb the pain they threw at him and his body weakened and fainted. But after a brief recovery though still feeling weak and exhausted he had to exorcise Seo Yoon. At that moment he knew he was the only one who can. That girl playing Seo Yoon is an awesome actress. She even scared me with her screaming. In the end Mateo and the goodness in him, his prayers and incantations won over the possesor of Seo Yeon. She got re united with her family. It was her who recognized that the assembly woman was not possessed by PID. We see the assembly woman going through the tunnel and asking for help to this being regarding the "three" who keep bothering her. I am guessing that whoever or whatever it is, she is being directed by someone so evil, could be PID or someone else. There is a mystery surrounding her regarding who possesed her or if she is just totally evil at base she is the one Priest Yang described as "wholly possessed". Mateo experiences pain. It will be some battle the 3rd time he will exorcise and meet the host of bad spirits. He needs sometime to do penance, meditate, fast and pray for physical and spiritual revival. But he  does not have time to do because HP needs him to battle PID.

As for HP, he does have this psychic abilities and goes into a trance.  Hopefully he will be able to least be to describe what he is seeing while he is in a trance and not wait until the trance is over to tell them what he sees. Seo Yoon will need another exorcism from the shaman so she does not see ghosts anymore. I still wish that she retains her psychic abilities for good reasons. Which makes HP the one person from their village to "see" PiD. He wants to find PHD, but maybe PiD will find him. The ending of 9 shows his father still alive and has his own altar. Will he meet his father in the next episodes?

There were funny moments though. When HP and the shaman were looking for a place to break the knife and stopped at a gas station and the attendant locked himself in a stall and called the police. "There is crazy man wearing a hanbok with knife" that broke the tension for me. And as was noted earlier Seo Yeon saying "you should not have fallen for HP" came at the right moment. It eased the tension somewhat. I think she meant "you should not have fallen for the psychic shenanigans  of HP" is more appropriate, it explains what she means. But anyhow... that was funny. 

15 minutes ago, bluemousie said:

Since last week I get the idea, that the smaller demons are weakening him, because he's got the best chances to win with Park Il Do, if there were confronted. They also made him lose his job and even stab him in this week's episode. Hp being possesed by such a powerful demon and the priest that could exorcise him because of their developing friendship. 

The most interesting thing is that he has no one around him and the fact that he can't see ghost anymore. It was intriguing me from the start, because he had been seeing them before the possesion event. It's suspicious that he lost this ability after... the biggest trauma in his life. It's looks more like a repression than an aftermath of the ritual. 

Also, how the congresswoman (forgot her name) can speak with, possible, Park Il Do and even if, then will he actually attack the body of the man that is the best candidat to possese? 

Btw. out of contest. Didn't Gil-Young said that she has a daughter, or was it a joke, or I mixed dramas? Becasue if she has, then yestardays episode would be so much more interesting. 

I think it's just a joke, like HWP said that he divorce twice

Starts in forest. Back to the person burying the girl and sees P Choi killing himself. Then this person buries P Choi with the ring.

scene change

HP calls his grandpa and they have a long conversation about his father (aboji)

HP meetsGY and asks for her help to find his father.her partner was there and found it suspicious that they were together.they go off together. HP talks about his mother’s ring. HP wants to know why the ring was there.

GY checks databases for his aboji. GY went to a church to look for him. The rector explains something to GY

HP and GY in car. I think they have found aboji. Hp sees a man and goers out to follow him. He goes into an office and sees a man who looks like his father. He calls out aboji. Aboji sees him, becomes shocked and runs away. HP chases and GY sees them.

HP catches up with aboji who slashes at him with a knife. His father tells him that he is a ghost devil and denies HP as his son. :bawling:

GY calls Mateo and tells him what happened. GY tells Mateo that HP is not ok.

mateo goes and finds aboji. Aboji wanted proof that he was a priest and Mateo shows him his cross.

aboji realizes why Mateo is there (PID) and puts out his knife. Mateo explains something and aboji puts down his knife. He gives the ring to aboji and asks for an rxplanation. Aboji reacts to something.

flashback

HP runs away after aboji tried to kill him. Aboji searches for him shouting PID. Aboji sees the police on the dirt road. He sees P Choi with the bay stumbling away and into a forest. Aboji shouts priest and sees p Choi had hung himself. He tried to help priest by propping him. But priest breaks dad fingers thus holding the ring. Aboji let go and priest dies looking at him.

35 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

just the stills look scary. how are you folks watching this? at night? :sweatingbullets:

this month's event

I'm watching it in the morning only! :joy:

Usually I'll just watch without subs just to get the gist of what's happening despite not knowing what the actors are talking about but for this???? I can't.

My heart. My head. I just can't do it. 

Back to present.

aboji keeps talking to Mateo.

the trinity meet up to discuss what Mateo found out. Aboji gave some notebooks to Mateo. Aboji talks about his wife and mother. Aboji keeps talking about PID. AN emotional talk. They don’t know who/where PID is. HP walks off, GY stand up to go to him and Mateo says he will handle HP.

[Episode just ended so this is pretty much a recap]

Bromance alert! MAteo brings HP home and he sees HP has nothing in his fridge, not even water. HP passes out and the next day, there is water and food next to HP.

Flashback:

HP mother showing HP her ring while his aboji is cleaning his ears. So happy then.

It is a really sad scene - as the Somewhere (female version) OST plays. He is lying on his futon and staring at his mom's photo on the memorial table and remembers his father saying that HP is not his son.

Next scene:

Mateo and GY are in a car headed somewhere. The arrive at a village and the moment they say PID, they get strong reactions. A halmoni tells them where HP's haraboji lives. They visit haraboji. When GY mentions PID, haraboji tells them to leave. MAteo speaks up and identifies himself as the brother of the young priest. Haraboji calms down and apologises to Mateo. The three of them are in discussion.

Flashback:

when haraboji was young and they saw someone come out from the sea. He had blood coming out from one eye and he looked like he was wearing Joseon clothes.

Haraboji gives something to the two, looks like an envelope. He keeps saying 'namja'

GY and Mateo goes and finds an old man and asks him something.

Flashback

In a  room, a man seemed to be possessed and speaking in the raspy, squealy voice. He says PID. The old man was a young boy who witnessed this.

Aboji is speaking to someone and asks him somethig, He gets kicked by the man and HP comes and pushes the man away saying he is the son of the man he kicked. Even then, aboji is still afraid of HP. HP keeps saying he is his son and aboji keeps saying he (HP) is PID.

Aboji says something that P Choi said in a raspy, squealy voice about PID before he stabbed himself in the eye. [Frustrated because I couldn't understand a thing!]

HP calls Mateo and tells Mateo that his brother was not PID. I heard Father Yang name mentioned. OOOHHH..

HP goes to his aboji's room. GY and Mateo goes back to haraboji.

[This part moves quickly as the scenes cut between HP and his aboji and then GY, Mateo and haraboji. ]

Haraboji explains something. At the same time, aboji is saying something to HP [ A lot of information seemed to have been shared - should have brushed up on my Korean!]

HP then calls his haraboji about what his father said.

Haraboji then tells the two to leave.

GY and Mateo tried to get in touch with HP. And only for Mateo to realise HP was at this place.  Mateo reveals that they met haraboji.

Aboji calls haraboji [huh?] and says something to haraboji and all haraboji keeps saying was where is he? [suspicious]

Mateo speaks with Father Yang about the past with his brother. Father Yang mentions suspicions about himself, haraboji and also HP. He tells MAteo to be careful . HP has headed back to haraboji.

Haraboji is missing and has left his phone behind. HP looks for haraboji [this suspicion popped into my head - could he be PID? PLOT TWIST?]

HP goes and searches the house. He finds a box with receipts inside.

Scene change:

Aboji leaves the building he is staying in and haraboji has found him! [Now how did he know where aboji was - hmmm]

Haraboji did not have the raspy voice but he looks possessed.

Scene change:

HP has found bus tickets. He gets a call from his aboji who says something about haraboji and PID.

Archived