Quantcast

Eps 9 Afterthoughts:

• I thought the little girl would end up killing her mom and grandma in the beginning (or our “holy trinity” just end up finding them being murdered), since she was possessed and invite all those ghosts to her house at the end of previous eps.
  • The Director must like making a scene of Kim Jae Wook getting stabs by tons of human in his character's illusion [laughs]. After Mo Tae Gu, even Mateo get the same experience. And he enjoys showing that blood in his IG once again.
  • I like how this horror show keeps giving a 'lil comedy through the duo shaman and psychic. Now, I need Hwa Pyung could melt Gilyoung's cold face. Mateo at least has been priceless three times in the police station, in the possessed woman's house when they're about to enter, and in this eps when Hwa Pyung give him talisman (oh, and also "You're pathetic" LMAO). I like this duo too. 
  • I was right that Park Hong Joo isn't possessed by Park Il Do. Yeah, she's a type of Gilyoung's best criminal to catch; a pure psychopath--kind of Mo Taegu's woman version in my mind.

I don't think a Priest character is shippable but I won't stop you guys to go wild whatever in your mind. I like the chemistry between the three, tho' my fave is Hwa Pyung and Mateo's bromance. But if I have to look for any romance chance, I'm into Hwa Pyung and Gilyoung since both were eating together and having 'boring' conversation' of having a son and divorced twice while eventually, I learn they just joked about that. Don't forget that Yukwang and Gilyoung's friend tease them about their relationship too. And when he's out from jail, while other was picked up by his girlfriend, he smirked knowing she's on the same position hahaha.

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

OST PART II

A nice fan edit vid I found: The Guest of a lesser god (The Guest x Children of a lesser god)

Mhh... the song isn't the typical song I use to fave but thanks.

Also, I always like crossover fanmade video like that. There's one shared in VOICE2 thread but having no subtitle, well, different video maker.

• Like 4

I may have to see Viu translation if it really mean "fallen" for HP.

As I said in my previous post. Their chemistry is on point.

So I am definitely shipping this bromance!

• Like 1

Ommo!! What a episode:sweatingbullets: bg music in this episode was creepy!! How come two ppl can't break that damn door...specially our super gil young:D so we are sure now...its not hong joo!! She just worship him lolz evil woman!!! All bets on priest yang...he look already so creepy in preview!!! :sweatingbullets: 

Omg hwa pyung father is alive...seems like hwa pyung and park ill do relationship is like harry potter n voldemort!!!:astonished::tounge_xd:

@pdnim.....screw you don't kill Mateo in this show:triumph: n stupid mateo just take that talisman!!!

I love wookie brothers!:wub: but don't ship them...Mateo is all mine:rolleyes::wub: 

Hwa pyung n gil young should end up together!!! :tounge_xd:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Just starting this episode with sub because it's been  a loooong day.

Nice to see this on-screen.

4U4shg.gif

It shows they are taking extra precautions. I was concerned as the main protagonist in this two episodes was a child.

• Like 4

I taught I just missed something in the way, because I couldn't remember when HP was exorcised after the first try failure. But he actually wasn't, was he? Not right after the death of the shaman that tried to exorcise him. Or maybe Yukgwang had done that? I can't wait the next episode. 

Beside, the moment we have the 'parent killing' plotline, I knew we finally will he HP's father. Yeah, if what they discovered until know about HP was schocked, then there is another painful surprise waiting. Geez, this guy is really scared, if you think about it. 

I like last three episodes, but the last one was a cherry on the top of the cake, and scary. I've felt uncomfortable in long tunnels, but now? Hehe, yeah, not funny.

All actors playiong possesed were good (which one do you think will be possesed sooner - Hwa Pyung or Yoon? Because they're heading this road right now. 

I haven't taught I would excited about horror drama this much. Gosh. And it's still much to go.  

• Like 3

@bluemousie to answer the question of “Who do you think will be possessed sooner”

In my opinion, I Don’t think that Mateo is going to get possessed, because of him being a priest, I think the lord will protect him, but of cause with him being a exorcist, chances are his health will deteriorate but not possessed (He is like our only sole person to save people from park il do.)

As for Hwa Pyung. I have actually talked about it before, but chances are he might be our final boss, provided that he is possessed by Park Ll Do. So why this may be true, it’s because, Hwa Pyung, himself said that “A psychic is the best body to possess.” He is a psychic afterall.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

It shows they are taking extra precautions. I was concerned as the main protagonist in this two episodes was a child.

I need psychological care and support after watching every episode. :joy:

May I ask for a favour?

Anyone who get to watch it live and understand what is going on...

Plsssssssssss spoil it for me on today's episode but put in spoiler tag plsssssssss.....

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

May I ask for a favour?

Anyone who get to watch it live and understand what is going on...

Plsssssssssss spoil it for me on today's episode but put in spoiler tag plsssssssss.....

Same! Haha. Cause, I don’t know where to watch it live so. Please!

• LOL 1

I also suspect the Big Boss at the end will move to HP.

It may be a self-sacrificial act to die with Park Il Do inside HP's body.

Let's face it. This drama never promised a bunch of roses with rainbows and unicorns.

It all began with HP as a child and will end with HP.

For Mateo, he is experiencing what the spirits promised. Pain every day from the stabbings. Imagine living through that (until they manage to destroy PID)

At this moment, I don't think the Trinity knows how to deal with PID. If facing the evil minions were already that exhausting on the soul and body, what about if PID possessed the body of someone that Mateo and GY cared about? HP?

Father Yang seems to be back in the next episode. I feel like we are playing Cluedo as to who is PID possessing now and what will happen next.  Kind of like 'Who's the baby daddy?' over at the 100 Days Husband thread. LOL.

PS. The utterly cute moment between HP and Mateo as HP tried to stuff the talisman into Mateo's pocket. That broke the brevity of the situation/scene.

• Like 4

[Hand: The Guest Roundup] Episode 9

2018101101000853100066511_20181011075104574.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-10-10%2Bat%2B10.43.56%2BPM.png

Nationwide ratings for episode 9: 2.887% (cr. Nielsen Korea)

1. [+271, -6] First comment. 'Hand: The Guest' is so fun ㅜㅜ Kim Jae Wook is really flowing with sexiness

2. [+133, -4] Kim Jae Wook's sexiness is the level of a national treasure~!

3. [+93, -1] There's barely any comments. It's a fun drama that's like a movie and it reminds me of a movie with every episode....^^

4. [+79, -6] The one person who can't watch because they're scared... 

5. [+56, -2] ㅎㅎㅎ His acting overflows with charm ^^* Hwaiting until the end 

Spoiler

201810111006037684454_20181011100759_01_20181011102529896.jpg?type=w540
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-10-10%2Bat%2B10.56.56%2BPM.png

1. [+457, -24] The flaw is Jung Eun Chae is always set up to be angry  

2. [+214, -3] I feel like it's (Park Il Do) going to be Ahn Nae Sang. The person associated with every situation is Ahn Nae Sang and Kim Dong Wook but I feel like it's Ahn Nae Sang

3. [+117, -6] It feels like Harry Potter with them trying to find Voldemort's horcruxes... Won't the main body (t/n: like the main host body of Park Il Do) turn out to be Hwa Pyung   

4. [+101, -13] I feel like Hwa Pyung is going to be the main body....

5. [+70, -4] It's obvious, Park Il Do is Ahn Nae Sang  

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-10-10%2Bat%2B11.06.59%2BPM.png

1. [+227, -46] Jung Eun Chae is really bad at acting 

2. [+174, -8] Why is the female detective always mad?

3. [+139, -15] I'm sorry but the little kid's acting and the female lead's acting is too comparable;;

4. [+116, -2] They really need to give this drama an award. It's so fun

5. [+106, -2] Seriously, writer-nim, if you're thinking about killing either Choi Yoon or Yoon Hwa Pyung in the end, please, please don't ㅠㅠㅠ Let's just go straight for a season... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's this fun 

6. [+34, -7] I wish they would come out with a second season, just change the female main character~    

cr
----------
p/s: idk why they keep having a problem with jung eun-chae, ive been followed this drama and i feel enjoyed with her character, these knets need some chill.  :neutral:
  • Like 2

Hi Ladies! I’m here in this thread! I love this drama, since I’m an avid fans of K-horror movies. This drama has bring the horror on tv screen to the next level. The last time I felt so thrilled watching a horror drama was when I watched Coma. This drama not scary (for me) but interesting and I like how the writer write the story, it keeps me in suspense all the time. I can’t wait to see the next episode and as always, looking forward to read all your theories :)

• Like 3

3rB4FS.png

A disheveled Mateo.

I think netizens have a bias towards male actors.

I think Jung Eun Chae is acting in character.

I get upset with HP being hotheaded and rushing into dangerous situations but nothing is said about this behaviour. In this episode, it really was him who pushed Mateo into performing the exorcism when Mateo was already struggling. SIGH.

Gil Young is meant to be a disbeliever and she is a detective! She needs facts and goes by the rule of law. I think I would have lost respect for her if she tried to overthrow the justice system now that she is in the Trinity. She is trying her best to work within the police lines and help Mateo and HP as well.

• Like 5

just the stills look scary. how are you folks watching this? at night? :sweatingbullets:

this month's event

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

In my opinion, I Don’t think that Mateo is going to get possessed, because of him being a priest, I think the lord will protect him, but of cause with him being a exorcist, chances are his health will deteriorate but not possessed (He is like our only sole person to save people from park il do.)

Since last week I get the idea, that the smaller demons are weakening him, because he's got the best chances to win with Park Il Do, if there were confronted. They also made him lose his job and even stab him in this week's episode. Hp being possesed by such a powerful demon and the priest that could exorcise him because of their developing friendship. 

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

As for Hwa Pyung. I have actually talked about it before, but chances are he might be our final boss, provided that he is possessed by Park Ll Do. So why this may be true, it’s because, Hwa Pyung, himself said that “A psychic is the best body to possess.” He is a psychic afterall.

The most interesting thing is that he has no one around him and the fact that he can't see ghost anymore. It was intriguing me from the start, because he had been seeing them before the possesion event. It's suspicious that he lost this ability after... the biggest trauma in his life. It's looks more like a repression than an aftermath of the ritual. 

Also, how the congresswoman (forgot her name) can speak with, possible, Park Il Do and even if, then will he actually attack the body of the man that is the best candidat to possese? 

Btw. out of contest. Didn't Gil-Young said that she has a daughter, or was it a joke, or I mixed dramas? Becasue if she has, then yestardays episode would be so much more interesting. 

• Like 2

Episode 9 Mateo inorder to protect Seo Yoon, from all those spirits surrounding her, he had to absorb the pain they threw at him and his body weakened and fainted. But after a brief recovery though still feeling weak and exhausted he had to exorcise Seo Yoon. At that moment he knew he was the only one who can. That girl playing Seo Yoon is an awesome actress. She even scared me with her screaming. In the end Mateo and the goodness in him, his prayers and incantations won over the possesor of Seo Yeon. She got re united with her family. It was her who recognized that the assembly woman was not possessed by PID. We see the assembly woman going through the tunnel and asking for help to this being regarding the "three" who keep bothering her. I am guessing that whoever or whatever it is, she is being directed by someone so evil, could be PID or someone else. There is a mystery surrounding her regarding who possesed her or if she is just totally evil at base she is the one Priest Yang described as "wholly possessed". Mateo experiences pain. It will be some battle the 3rd time he will exorcise and meet the host of bad spirits. He needs sometime to do penance, meditate, fast and pray for physical and spiritual revival. But he  does not have time to do because HP needs him to battle PID.

As for HP, he does have this psychic abilities and goes into a trance.  Hopefully he will be able to least be to describe what he is seeing while he is in a trance and not wait until the trance is over to tell them what he sees. Seo Yoon will need another exorcism from the shaman so she does not see ghosts anymore. I still wish that she retains her psychic abilities for good reasons. Which makes HP the one person from their village to "see" PiD. He wants to find PHD, but maybe PiD will find him. The ending of 9 shows his father still alive and has his own altar. Will he meet his father in the next episodes?

There were funny moments though. When HP and the shaman were looking for a place to break the knife and stopped at a gas station and the attendant locked himself in a stall and called the police. "There is crazy man wearing a hanbok with knife" that broke the tension for me. And as was noted earlier Seo Yeon saying "you should not have fallen for HP" came at the right moment. It eased the tension somewhat. I think she meant "you should not have fallen for the psychic shenanigans  of HP" is more appropriate, it explains what she means. But anyhow... that was funny. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluemousie said:

Since last week I get the idea, that the smaller demons are weakening him, because he's got the best chances to win with Park Il Do, if there were confronted. They also made him lose his job and even stab him in this week's episode. Hp being possesed by such a powerful demon and the priest that could exorcise him because of their developing friendship. 

The most interesting thing is that he has no one around him and the fact that he can't see ghost anymore. It was intriguing me from the start, because he had been seeing them before the possesion event. It's suspicious that he lost this ability after... the biggest trauma in his life. It's looks more like a repression than an aftermath of the ritual. 

Also, how the congresswoman (forgot her name) can speak with, possible, Park Il Do and even if, then will he actually attack the body of the man that is the best candidat to possese? 

Btw. out of contest. Didn't Gil-Young said that she has a daughter, or was it a joke, or I mixed dramas? Becasue if she has, then yestardays episode would be so much more interesting. 

I think it's just a joke, like HWP said that he divorce twice

• Like 1

Starts in forest. Back to the person burying the girl and sees P Choi killing himself. Then this person buries P Choi with the ring.

scene change

HP calls his grandpa and they have a long conversation about his father (aboji)

HP meetsGY and asks for her help to find his father.her partner was there and found it suspicious that they were together.they go off together. HP talks about his mother’s ring. HP wants to know why the ring was there.

GY checks databases for his aboji. GY went to a church to look for him. The rector explains something to GY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1