[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

@katakwasabi ROFL :joy::mrgreen:. Whichever doctor diagnosed her, needs his license to be stripped lol. They should have just said the bullet gazed her and that's the reason why there wasn't a lot of blood coming out. Spinal injuries are dangerous and she shouldn't have been moving around from the moment she got shot.

An ambulance with its sirens on and waiting for the traffic light:skull::warning:. I couldn't believe my eyes. Emergency vehicles always have the first priority. 

I decided not to question things again. KDrama logic was always the opposite of real logic Lol:joy:.

Kdrama logic is so....illogical?! It's absurd and it makes me laugh. Lol :lol:

Anyways this:

Dalgun: I know how to reallign bones and massage muscles, basicly everything.

Dalgun: Don't you know I'm a martial artist?

Me: I know you're no doctor or physiotherapist. But...okay...you just know everything, even bone and muscle related. Pffft.

71J91j.gif

k8M225.gif

lx6RR5.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never ever question Kdrama logic, lol. Just go with it. I don't know how you can basically be slow dancing with a spinal fracture, but...kdrama logic! :D Likewise, just don't think too hard on the conspiracy logic. There is a conspiracy. Bad! But our hero will find the truth! Good! Just go with it, it makes it enjoyable. :)

That aside, I loved the moment in ep 13 when Chief Kang showed up in front of creepy NIS guy who thought he was dead. Hehe. Yes, he's coming back to haunt you. 

Also, this is the best thing I've ever seen Suzy in. I realize mostly this is a thriller and not a romance, but I'm feeling the comfortable easiness between her character and LSG's. I've seen dramas where the only reason the characters like each other is Because the Writer Said So. I've seen dramas where there was more chemistry with the second lead than the first (and not on purpose because of the plot, but because of the actors). The point of this is not romance and there is no time, what with the dodging bullets, etc. But just as hm, the chemistry of two characters going through something together, to me it feels easy, natural, not forced, and not overdone, either. Maybe it's because they have already worked together before? But I have no trouble falling into their characters and believing in them. It doesn't always happen for me when I watch a drama, but this is nice and I'm enjoying it. 

52 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Also, this is the best thing I've ever seen Suzy in. I realize mostly this is a thriller and not a romance, but I'm feeling the comfortable easiness between her character and LSG's. I've seen dramas where the only reason the characters like each other is Because the Writer Said So. I've seen dramas where there was more chemistry with the second lead than the first (and not on purpose because of the plot, but because of the actors). The point of this is not romance and there is no time, what with the dodging bullets, etc. But just as hm, the chemistry of two characters going through something together, to me it feels easy, natural, not forced, and not overdone, either. Maybe it's because they have already worked together before? But I have no trouble falling into their characters and believing in them. It doesn't always happen for me when I watch a drama, but this is nice and I'm enjoying it. 

I like Dalgun-Haeri bickering too. I just hoped this drama didn't try to force a romance between Dalgun and Haeri. Their friendship can be the core of the drama.

Ep 13...and I still see no romance sparks despite all the OTP moments writer put in. The dance scene...unnecessary. Why was she even in the dark hosptial corridor alone to begin with? Why try stand with a fractured spine, alone in a dark corridor without supervision? Because the writer said so...we need an OTP moment. Hehehehe

I did not watch Gu Family book, so I don't have lingering feelings of their previous role. Unfortunately, I see Dalgun-Haeri romance/romcom scenes totally forced. They need external factors to push their romance in an unnatural way: eg standing in a hoisted ship container and tumbled around, the weird prison high five cheered by other prisoners, the egg scene etc2. Imo, the writer didn't allow the characters to connect in a meaningful way much. The only moment I feel a real connection between them was in the ambulance when she said she can't do this again. 

I guess what I feel is a teamwork/friendship feel between them, and to that level it feels natural. I didn't watch Gu Family Book, either, so I don't know what I'm missing--I just mean that they already know each other's style of acting from working together before. The point of the drama is NOT a romance. But there *is* teamwork in there, and to that level I am feeling it. 

Someone who's still catching up speculating:

Edward Kim's secretary Micky is Michael's "girlfriend"? She was also the one that murdered Michael? The tattoo on that woman's back also connects with the one on her wrist that she showed to the police officer in Morocco.

If this is the case... Edward Kim is one very scary man.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:02 PM, katakwasabi said:

Lol! I will be happy for more KTW but this will not happen. If there is a season 2, it will be centered around sniper Dalgun and Haeri-not-Haeri. I have a wild theory that Haeri has an evil twin. Haha

Also I rather Ki Tae Woong quit working with the NIS and work with Bullet Chicken ahjumma and super genius hacker or go study medicine and be a surgeon, since his dad owns a hospital. So many spin-off opportunities with his character lol

lols you had me laughing at your comment!  I'd rather like the notion of KTW working with the Bullet Chicken or as a doctor!

Haeri with an evil twin? Why not!

On 11/4/2019 at 1:44 AM, frozentundra said:

Never ever question Kdrama logic, lol. Just go with it. I don't know how you can basically be slow dancing with a spinal fracture, but...kdrama logic! :D Likewise, just don't think too hard on the conspiracy logic. There is a conspiracy. Bad! But our hero will find the truth! Good! Just go with it, it makes it enjoyable. :)

That aside, I loved the moment in ep 13 when Chief Kang showed up in front of creepy NIS guy who thought he was dead. Hehe. Yes, he's coming back to haunt you. 

@frozentundra- you have restored my faith in reading this forum again.  I logged in with a heavy heart knowing that @katakwasabiwould have criticised every aspect and every scene and pretty much everything about the show again. Before anybody yells at me, that’s ok, that’s what forums and discussions are for.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all perceive shows differently.  I promise I am not looking for a fight. 
‘That’s why I LOVED comments from you @frozentundra. So wise. So on point. It is a k-drama and not a documentary. I absolutely enjoyed ep13, I finally got some satisfaction and some closure (Kang beating up MJS was pure gold). I simply ignored the stuff that didn’t make sense, so much easier to enjoy a show this way.

Speaking only for myself, I love the OTP and welcomed all the slow and lighter moments they gave us in  ep13 after all the trauma.  I am totally feeling the chemistry between CDG & GHR and nothing felt forced or unnecessary. I don’t think there’s anything weird or abnormal about two people getting closer after experiencing what they have. I acknowledge Vagabond is not a romance but an action/thriller but I do love the little crumbs they throw us from time to time romance-wise and I am enjoying the show for what it is.  Despite all the craziness I will miss it when it ends! 

18 hours ago, moniw18 said:

I logged in with a heavy heart knowing that @katakwasabiwould have criticised every aspect and every scene and pretty much everything about the show again. Before anybody yells at me, that’s ok, that’s what forums and discussions are for.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all perceive shows differently.  I promise I am not looking for a fight. 

Hmmm....I'm not sure how I should feel by you calling me out and saying you logged in with a heavy heart....

Imo I didn't 'criticize every aspect and every scene and pretty much everything about the show' though. If you backread, I have posted positives and praise too but maybe the gifs I posted lately are more eye catching. But they're made for fun, and I'm still watching the show. 

YWroN2.gif

As you said, this is a forum so please feel free to log in whenever and share your thoughts too. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread isn't as active as several other drama threads, I really thought it would be considering how huge the main cast fanbase are. I'm just a small speck in the whole VB viewer pool and I habitually discuss dramas. I don't even mind criticizing my faves when it comes to it (this has happened lol).

I enjoy watching Vagabond, the ridiculous moments make me laugh, the show is bonkers and I still come back each week. 

Anyways...I absolutely adore the closeness of the cast and crew behind the scenes and I applaud all the cast/crew hardwork to make this drama happen. Also, I find it amazing everyone stuck together even after multiple delays. 

74614860_2558775420846576_24713313890735

Celltrion Ent. CEO interview~

In the 1st episode, where does it say that it was 2019 in the sniper Cha in Kiria scene?

The present story we are watching is in 2012 since 50 year anniv. Of Morocco and Korea relations Is 2012.

So it seems the time line is 6 years 6 years.  6 years ago, Cha interviewed for the stuntman job, as well as Haeri applied for the NIS position.

Then 6 years after, the Kiria scene.

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Honestly, I'm surprised this thread isn't as active as several other drama threads, I really thought it would be considering how huge the main cast fanbase are.

Same! I thought there would be lots of discussion. 

Action thrillers aren't my main favorite genre (I like hm, usually fewer bullets), but there are some things that I think are very well done, so I keep coming back. The way they set things up with little Hoon was really well done, it reverberates through the whole show. And the other family members of the other victims--there are some nice feels in there. Plus the production values are fantastic! So yeah...don't go away, people. :)

Betrayal? Most wanted? So it's not Haeri but him?

What, why, and who did he betray?

What did he do to become a most wanted man? His astonishment at seeing Haeri is because he's surprised to see that she's the one chasing him/hunting him down?

Could he have been framed? Could this be one giant set up? I can't see CDG being in the wrong here, and I can't see Haeri being an enemy after they've been through life and death together.

5 hours ago, incoty said:

I feel like Edward Park will be the betrayer. I'm now firmly sold on the theory somewhere in the thread that he is the big bad here.

As for the major characters dying, the lead couple has too thick of a plot armor to die. I feel like KTW might go if they're looking for maximum emotional impact. Or it might be Chief Kang if killing off KTW is a little too much.

5 hours ago, incoty said:

What, why, and who did he betray?

What did he do to become a most wanted man? His astonishment at seeing Haeri is because he's surprised to see that she's the one chasing him/hunting him down?

Could he have been framed? Could this be one giant set up? I can't see CDG being in the wrong here, and I can't see Haeri being an enemy after they've been through life and death together.

Isn't Dalgun always the wanted man? He is dragging the Korean goverment and NIS in mud. And he also is not on the good side of the Morroco goverment. I'm still with my theory that there's more to Haeri than what is shown (secretly hoping she's a villain spy).

Anyways..from the description 'some of the major characters will die'....why do I feel KTW is gonna die soon. I need to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of him dying, which is highly likely. 

A VB 2nd season seems to be possible, because there are articles on Naver about it. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002821625

0002821625_001_20191105142520873.jpg?typ

BTS pictures of Seung Gi, Suzy and Teo Yoo :)

I am really curious if we ever gonna see the light of the first picture (possibly a scene).  Wonder what's all that about :w00t:

20 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Honestly, I'm surprised this thread isn't as active as several other drama threads, I really thought it would be considering how huge the main cast fanbase are.

DITTO!  I thought it was kinda weird that the pace of discussion is extremely slow.  Was wondering perhaps the English subbed episode is readily available on Netflix within an hour of its broadcast in Korea.  Maybe that is why not many viewers are active to do a live recap.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Ep 14!  Instead of Season 2, I would very much prefer a movie spin-off and end it off with a Big Bang!  There are plenty of loose ends which I would like to see answered.

Yes, that opening scene in Kingdom of Kiria, North Africa where Dalgun is aiming to take a shot (unknowingly) at Haeri.  I would like to think that they are secretly working together.  There is that one particular scene whereby Haeri slung a pistol underneath her dress.  Were they planning to take down more than NIS and VIP?

1. Did Micky kill Michael?  Was Micky his mistress?
2. How in the world, is Jerome still alive?  I really don't mind that at all... and was he the one who took a shot at Lily?

3. Who was the one monitoring the screens of what's happening in Morocco?  Edward?

4. Who is the tattooed killer which Kim Woo Gi warned Oh Sang Mi about?  And why is it she is released early?

5. So far, we have only seen one cameo appearance.  What about the supposedly cameos by Jun Ji Hyun, Yook Sung Jae, Yoo Dong Gun, Sung Joon and Cha Seung Won?

Ooohhh... come what may, I will do a marathon of all 15 episodes before the finale!  Gonna enjoy the last three episodes and hopefully, they will achieve even better ratings ;)

Scarface aka Yoo Teo!!!!

7002_0-96682400-1573096025_5dc376fba0281

48 minutes ago, dydrawer said:

I feel like Edward Park will be the betrayer. I'm now firmly sold on the theory somewhere in the thread that he is the big bad here.

As for the major characters dying, the lead couple has too thick of a plot armor to die. I feel like KTW might go if they're looking for maximum emotional impact. Or it might be Chief Kang if killing off KTW is a little too much.

Edward Park being a betrayer isn't surprising. I also think it will be him, he knows too much for the position he is in.

And I also think if they really are going to kill off someone from the main cast, it will be KTW too for emotional impact. 

Random thoughts if KTW really dies....

Spoiler

I'll be sad if KTW dies. I wonder if it will be as emotionally impactful like Lee Hyuk's death in TLE. The events that led to his death and his parting words gutted me. And I think it was because the whole series Emperor Hyuk was emotionally present and very expressive. 

KTW on the other hand is emotionally absent. He is very stoic and betrays no emotion. I like him as a character but I don't feel that I'm emotionally attached to him or any of the other characters.

40 minutes ago, cadymcbronzie said:

1. Did Micky kill Michael?  Was Micky his mistress?
2. How in the world, is Jerome still alive?  I really don't mind that at all... and was he the one who took a shot at Lily?

3. Who was the one monitoring the screens of what's happening in Morocco?  Edward?

4. Who is the tattooed killer which Kim Woo Gi warned Oh Sang Mi about?  And why is it she is released early?

5. So far, we have only seen one cameo appearance.  What about the supposedly cameos by Jun Ji Hyun, Yook Sung Jae, Yoo Dong Gun, Sung Joon and Cha Seung Won?

1. For now, it seems Micky is the mistress and killer

2. I'm glad he's alive (refer pic above lol). And I think he's the sniper who shot Lily's minion.

3. Most likely him. He was already in Morocco when the family came.

4. Could it be possible that Oh Sang Mi is the tattoed killer? Hahaha

5. Are the rumours legit? I want JJH to cameo as a diva actress. Hahaha

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Scarface aka Yoo Teo!!!!

Hahahaha... he is very YUMMY indeed :phew:

If Oh Sang Mi is the killer, she really wasn't convincing enough that she cannot defend herself against the cell mates.  Hahahahaha :D

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I want JJH to cameo as a diva actress. Hahaha

Either that or just another assassin.  She was fantastic in Assassination, so she would make an interesting cameo if it is indeed the case.

3 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

Hahahaha... he is very YUMMY indeed :phew:

Either that or just another assassin.  She was fantastic in Assassination, so she would make an interesting cameo if it is indeed the case.

Uuu...JJH as an assassin will be great! And make Cha Seung Won as her partner. But please make them capable assassins! Hahahahaha

There is really not much to discuss plot- wise. Everyone with any influence in S Korea are under the influence of John and Marks. The hired killers find it easy to transport weapons between countries borders. Everyone internationally is bought off. There are secret agents everywhere. The Korean embassy mysteriously clears out with no personnel. The Korean reporters are bought off. The Prime Minister and President are in cahoots. The NIS, police, legal system and news companies are bought off.

Like seriously, what do you want me to discuss? There are only FOUR good guys. And 2 minor side characters who are on the good guys sides. Then 2 minor, minor side character which includes the obligatory IT expert. The 8 good guys have multiple roles or talents.

So what do you want me to comment on? GTW's tattoos or GHR's hair. I do like whatshisname's shooting style though. Bam bam bam, no hesitation. KTW- he's cool but only because it's the actor who made the character cool.

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So what do you want me to comment on? GTW's tattoos or GHR's hair. I do like whatshisname's shooting style though. Bam bam bam, no hesitation. KTW- he's cool but only because it's the actor who made the character cool.

Hahaha. Do you mean Dalgun's tattoos? Cause I'm sure KTW haven't shown any tattoos yet :joy:.  And yes, KTW is cool and I do think SSR playing him is influencing my perception for the character. 

74363924_2558728110851307_45843080242769

74569273_2568755919848526_65226074290189

Anyways...why is SBS blocking youtube videos. I want to watch this KTW special clip :(

Plotwise...yeah. there's not much to talk about since it was repetitive up to ep12. Bad guys being incompetent, good guys being lucky. Some stuff happened in ep13 but more less it was the same. The bad guys are still at large, the real big bad boss is still hidden, Haeri-Dalgun only did some hospital scenes, while the other good guys were non-existent :sweatingbullets:.  

I wonder how they will wrap this with 3 episodes left and we are still in 2012. The most plausible ending is an open ending in present time aka the scene in ep 1...which is just....*sigh*. I prefer my dramas to have a conclusion, instead of a beginning to something else. Hahaha

13 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

I am really curious if we ever gonna see the light of the first picture (possibly a scene).  Wonder what's all that about :w00t:

That's behind the scenes. I mean them laughing.

This is in drama, maybe present time, as in 2019.

5dc376798d54510c8aa2cfd6-p.jpg

5dc37679ca8db20a3242b96e-p.jpg

The talk they have outside probably happens after this.

Archived