[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Despite the intense action scenes, we got two huge clues today. Jessica is interested in an oil project situated in Kiria and Hong has already a partner. So now, it becomes clear that Hong's partner is Edward Parker but it looks like Jessica has no idea. Then we heard from the Prime Minister about the existence of a slush fund for the president. So when Yun asked Jessica to wire the money to the account in Singapore, it was not for himself but for the president. This episode reveals Yun's real part: he is the right-hand man of the president who does all the dirty jobs and the president is not innocent at all. The slush fund will be used as an evidence against the president and the Prime Minister Hong will use it against the president... Remember the words from KTW about the spy: a colleague will be stabbed in the back and I sense, this will happen to the president.

Your explanation makes sense.  We can never get rid of Corruption though.  It will just shift power that's all:  from the President & Jessica To PM Hong & EP.  Differences are in:  how far they will go to satisfy their greed for Money & Power;  How smart they are in covering their tracks.  The Drama will continue.......

In my opinions, this is Not a Pure Action Drama.  It is a Comedic-Action Drama.  So everything is done quite Lightly. Not Heavy stuff.  From the "Actions" right up to the "Romance".:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@katakwasabi Thanks for the reminder about the first episode, I totally forgot about it, so there is more to come after the trial.

And was it just me agonising when the camera keep focusing on Da-geon looking around when the families are helping them hold the police off? Oh come on, now is not the time to reflect! Paili Paili !!

And yeah I love that judge.

What I like about this is show is that nothing is as one expects. You think that you can trust somebody only for them to surprise you. Granted at this point a few things become predictable for instance it was clear to me that Shadow couldn’t be Chief Min and that it was somebody else like Secretary Yun because Chief Min is a bit of a joke and can’t be taken seriously. On the other hand, Yun seems to have a good idea of what exactly is going on due to him being so close to the president and vice president who are equally corrupt and all. They all need to burn but that is another matter.

Spoiler

The only person that we can actually trust is Cha Dal Gon since we know as a fact that he is innocent but even then we know that guy is going to get played big time that will cause him and Hyeri to be on opposing paths unless that opening scene was a Red Herring and it turns out that she is playing a role in one of his movies. Perhaps that is their cover but I have my doubts.

Even Edward Park is equally suspicious and it is hard to read him and his movements. For instance, we know for a fact that Jessica is the villain because she is so open about it but the same can’t be said about Edward Park. He knows exactly how to play the people around him and get what he wants and needs. Could Mickey for instance be working on her own without his knowledge is quite possible yet I feel that there is a motive behind everything.

Another suspicious fact that people might have forgotten due to it happening a few episodes back is the suspicious death of the reporter. Dal Gon was surprised to see him alive. We don’t know if he was mistaken about this though but if he was right then how is that reporter alive and why. But that isn’t the biggest thing that was suspicious. Guess who was also there. Yes it was indeed Edward Park himself. So it could be a total coincidence that he spotted Cha Dal Gon and approached him or it could be that he just met the reporter himself and was discussing the next step of their plan and they were going their separate ways. The reporter just had the bad luck to be spotted by Dal Gon at that point. Clearly Edward Park had to cause a distraction.

But this isn’t the only thing that is suspicious of the reporter. Remember the first time that he approached Cha Dal Gon he told him to meet him alone and not trust the NIS. So my question then would be how exactly did he recognize Hyeri and her friend as NIS agents. Hyeri is a field agent so she probably isn’t in Korea all that much and her friend has a desk job so to speak. Yet this reporter managed to ID both of them as NIS Agents. What has the reporter been doing to be able to do such a thing. Did he camp outside the NIS building so that he could ID each and every agent? While that may seem impressive I still feel that would indicate that the NIS were incompetent to not realize this and prevent him from doing so. Then after all this is said and done he was the one that informed Dal Gon about why John and Mark may be the party that was actually responsible for the accident and the reason why. Perhaps he was testing how much information Dal Gon was actually aware of in this conspiracy or perhaps that was what he himself was informed about.

Then comes the matter about his death. The murderer not only kills him but waits patiently for Dal Gon to show up so that he can kill him as well. Why is this suspicious. The answer is simple how did the murderer even know that Dal Gon was with the reporter at that time. The reporter was to meet with his source alone since the source was suspicious of others. If the killer knew this fact, then he should have just killed the reporter and left. According to the NIS agents I think they were waiting for atleast half an hour or more. The exact time isn’t in my head. So the killer was waiting all that time to either make a move or was waiting after he killed the reporter. Also another thing for us to note. When Dal Gon went to the room searching for the reporter we only saw said reporter injured and not his source. The killer was in hiding. This means that either there never was a source or the killer had been said source all along. Since if it was the other way around we should have either seen the Sources body as well or heard him trying to escape. Yet neither happened. Therefore, it only makes sense if the villains plan backfired. They were clearly thinking of either framing or eliminating Dal Gon but he got lucky.

How that happened would probably depend on the scenario yet things didn’t go as planned. So they either planned on actually killing the reporter and then kill Dal Gon or make it look like some other kind of accident. Perhaps make it look like he committed suicide since he couldn’t take his nephews death or something to that extent. Unfortunately for them their plan went wrong when Dal Gon managed to not only fight of the killer but also managed to contact the police. He then managed to give chase to him as well. Then when he failed to capture him and saw the cops he returned to the scene of the crime as well. Perhaps they were hoping that if he ran away from the crime scene they could pin the murder on him. Unfortunately for them he returned and admitted that he was the one that called the cops. So this part of the plan failed.

Or then again perhaps faking the reporter’s death served a totally different purpose. Perhaps it was never intended to kill him but to actually motivate him. Edward Park is no fool he knows fully well just how corrupt the government is and how far it will go to cover its tracks but if someone were to make a loud enough noise that couldn’t be the case. Naturally he needs someone that isn’t linked to him and also someone that is fully motivated. Then enters Cha Dal Gon. Here is a guy who not only confronted a terrorist but he isn’t backing down from revealing the truth. This makes him the perfect Pawn for Edward Park to take down his enemies. But he knows that Cha Dal Gon is limited in what he knows for instance he knows that the accident was actually a terrorist attack but doesn’t know who was responsible. Yet thanks to the reporter he now not only has a direction to which he has now been pointed. Also the USB pen had information on the Co-Pilot why was that the case. Just how good was this reporter. I smell something fishy.

Not only this but Mickey also made a comment about how Dal Gon was selected by Edward Park. This shows that Dal Gon is merely a pawn in the greater scheme of things. more like a bullet which won’t stop till it reaches its target and therefore blind to his surroundings so he won’t stop and question anything else. Also since we have four more episodes I really don’t think that Woo Gi the copilot’s confession will be enough to take down Jessica and her crew. But then again will he testify as people think that he will. Even Cha Dal Gon was suddenly suspicious as to why the pilot suddenly became so cooperative when he was planning on staying silent so long. Another thing that is fishy as well. This means that someone got to him and made him a deal that he couldn’t refuse. Now we know that it wouldn’t be Dal Gon since he wants to truth exposed so that leaves two other people over there namely Hyeri and Mickey. If we are to assume that Hyeri is actually innocent, then the only party left is Mickey. So that means that she probably has some agenda of her own but what that could be remains to be seen. Also as people have pointed out Woo Gi noted that she seemed familiar how could that be. Not only that he also mentioned that the dead guy’s girlfriend was Asian. This really reduces the number of Asian Woman that we have been introduced so far. Infact they can easily be counted on one hand. They are as follows. Jessica, Lilly, Mickey, Hyeri and her friend. Something tells me that it isn’t Jessica since she would probably be smarter than to be caught like that. Not that she isn’t averse to using her body as a weapon but it seemed that she was professional enough to keep work and pleasure separate, Hyeri’s friend seemed to be Korea at that time as well as that she has short hair and the person seemed to have long hair. This then leaves Mickey and Hyeri. So I would say take your pick.

Not only that but if someone remember something else when the guy made a phone call to warn of the plane crash the operator that received the call was poisoned by a female so who could that be. Mickey for her and Lilly for the guy since it didn’t seem like Lily returned to Korea until called for to take out Dal Gon.

Anyway since I am a bit busy will leave it at this point and think of other things later on. So take care all of you and keep posting. Let’s keep guessing on who the real masterminds can be and see who gets it right.

Some are speculating that Jerome was the sniper eho shot Lily's assistant.  Lily doesnt know jerome, but guesses he was sent by Edward. Edward probably wants Lily to be shot so that she wont shoot Kim, since Edward wants Kim, Haeri and Cha to show up at the court.  Since Kim was shot, dunno if he eill be able to testify, or whether even if he will tell the truth.

5 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

So what exactly did Lily successfully in doing? 

Hahahaha LOLed at this

She was only successful right up to the point she assassinated the obese dude in the tub. After that, let's just say she's all talk, which is a little annoying to me because they wrote her as a kick-richard simmons assassin but then she can't deliver. Well, if she did deliver, we won't have a story so... I guess they found it necessary to make her appear inept even if she's not supposed to be.

3 hours ago, incoty said:

Vagabond will not end in three weeks/with episode 16 if there's a Season 2 incoming lol.

If there's season 2, I hope there's a new-ish cast. Wouldn't it be realistic if they left out Cha Dal-geon and Go Hae-ri? They can go honeymooning somewhere so they won't be in Season 2. Then only the other characters will continue like Dir. Kang, the chicken restaurant duo, Lily, Hae-ri's bestfriend, Ki Tae-woong and his sidekick. Maybe a better story that's taken more seriously. Whoa, if these happen, it's going to be a perfect season 2 for me. 

5 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

So what exactly did Lily successfully in doing? 

Precisely what I was about to ask.  I mean, why is the character there at all?  I know that we all liked Lily for the pizazz she brought into the assassins role, and the drama really did play her up as some sort of an important character at the beginning.  But she has not had an impact on anything in the story so far! ....  Anyway, I liked Lilly's scenes.  Always fun.

36 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

If there's season 2, I hope there's a new-ish cast. Wouldn't it be realistic if they left out Cha Dal-geon and Go Hae-ri? They can go honeymooning somewhere so they won't be in Season 2. Then only the other characters will continue like Dir. Kang, the chicken restaurant duo, Lily, Hae-ri's bestfriend, Ki Tae-woong and his sidekick. Maybe a better story that's taken more seriously. Whoa, if these happen, it's going to be a perfect season 2 for me. 

Honeymooning? If they end like this:

Untitled2-copy-3.gif

Sure. (The above scene will probably be taking place soon since we know HR will be in hospital next episode with DG taking good care of her.)

But if it's this, and unless it's a red herring:

4.gif

2e30a461810b768946686516e3e5ef26.gif

I'm not so sure lol.

CDG/LSG and GHR/Suzy are the big drawers here.

I don't know if any of you read this, but at yesterday's FM LSG apparently said that there will be a scene of him without clothes with Suzy fully clothed, and that he can't explain it well, whatever that means.

About the oil drilling project, why would Jessica want to be involved in that when they are in the planes industry? It doesnt seem obvious to me that Hong's partner for that project in Kiria is Edward.  So are they now diversifying their business?  Also. Hong has had interactions wirh Jessica as shown in the 1st few episodes.  So i guess Hong is playing both sides then, but for now it isnt clear.

Is it also a coincidence that this Kiria country is in North africa near Morocco where the plane crash took place?  Or is this all intentional?

If Micky killed Michael in Portugal, there is a nother woman who killed the phone operator at Incheon Airport.

1 hour ago, cherriesblue said:

About the oil drilling project, why would Jessica want to be involved in that when they are in the planes industry? It doesnt seem obvious to me that Hong's partner for that project in Kiria is Edward.  So are they now diversifying their business?  Also. Hong has had interactions wirh Jessica as shown in the 1st few episodes.  So i guess Hong is playing both sides then, but for now it isnt clear.

Is it also a coincidence that this Kiria country is in North africa near Morocco where the plane crash took place?  Or is this all intentional?

If Micky killed Michael in Portugal, there is a nother woman who killed the phone operator at Incheon Airport.

Great observation. I missed most of this. I forgot about the killer(?) at the airport. Is the operator dead? I think she was in a coma but not dead. Maybe she'll wake up and be a witness next. Heh.

The plane crash is still blurry to me. I don't know how to tie it all together to make sense out of it. Hopefully the trial will make it clearer.

2 hours ago, cherriesblue said:

They are not in an ordinary Aero Business. They are in a way - in Warfare business: providing advanced fighter jets for the Defence Department.  Kiria is in North Africa.  To do oil-drilling in risky locations, you will need Security, Armed Protection.  (Just as we have US military bases in Saudi Arabia)

Archived