[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

No, really? Baseball? But it's on Neflix! It doesn't matter what time something airs! Are they doing two episodes tomorrow, or do we only get one this week? I mean...the last episode sort of ended in a tense spot... 

Guess they canceled it on Netflix more likely because they air at the same time on NF and SBS

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nonski said:

2.  If there is a season 2, I hope the main lead would be KTW... he's got all the right background and circumstances. Chingu @katakwasabi would be happy with that alongside with me.

Lol! I will be happy for more KTW but this will not happen. If there is a season 2, it will be centered around sniper Dalgun and Haeri-not-Haeri. I have a wild theory that Haeri has an evil twin. Haha

Also I rather Ki Tae Woong quit working with the NIS and work with Bullet Chicken ahjumma and super genius hacker or go study medicine and be a surgeon, since his dad owns a hospital. So many spin-off opportunities with his character lol :lol:.

9 hours ago, nonski said:

Just a tidbit of info, here in the Philippines, there has been an on-going joke that CDG is like the male lead of a local primetime action police drama where the main lead always gets out any situation alive, the difference is that Vagabond is only 16 eps while that drama had been running for more than 3 years now. (Imagine that!)

Hahahahaha!!! 3 years and ongoing :o! I can't imagine seeing immortal Dalgun for that long.

201911021425348010_8_20191102142915139.j

Lol this still made me happy. At least I know KTW will appear in ep 13 since he was not in the ep preview at all. Heh

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

On koreandrama.org, you can read that this week and next week, only one episode will be aired and each time on Saturday.

Thanks for the info. Dang. Well, I guess I will use that time to catch up on some other show. (Or like, yanno, get some real life work done, lol. :D) 

• Like 2

I just find watching episode 13! Oh boy I have many satisfying scene. First when Chief K punch that MJS I was practically cheering for him. Thank you for doing that for us! Second when Jessica is doing her press conference, I like it when she is loosing her cool in front of the bereaved family and her getting arrested in front of the public! Ha! But her getting beaten in the prison is not satisfying at all because she still have the nerve to be high and mighty after all the beating! 
I really thought the Jerome is dead, but surprisingly he is still alive?! I also wonder why Jessica send that video file to CDG? And if she didn’t kill Micheal, I feel that it was Mickey right? The president still have to pay for the things he has done. Even he washed his hands, the prime minister still controls him.... there are still dirty laundry to clean in Blue House. 
Lastly, the chemistry between CDG and GHR is just right, I felt the tension right in front of my TV! Sorry guys but I can’t help but fangirl in their mellow scene. At least they are giving breaks with serious scene. There are still stone unturned in this story and I can’t wait for it to be revealed!

• Like 6

So jessica really didnt have Michael killed...

Then who?  If Micky, why?  Is Micky really loyal to Edward or is she a double agent?

And who is behind Jerome? Edward? Was Jerome going to kill Kim?  Samael was the name written on the paper, the one Jerome was reporting to.  Anyone knows what else was written there in Korea ?  It wasnt included in the subtitles.

I feel like Kim and Sang Mi were just acting in the interrogation room.  They were up to something.  But who is supporting them? Definitely not Jessica right?

As i have guessed before, Hong might be going behind Jessica's back. Remember when he acted on his own in "killing" the reporter?

Maybe Edward and Hong are working together?  Since Jessica used to be park' mentee when she used to work for Dynamic.

What do the ep 14 preview say?

• Like 5

@cherriesblue Very early, I wrote that Edward Park must be the one who was behind the airplane crash. He just used Michael and the others as pawns. Edward Park is supporting the Prime Minister Hong. Hong might be the real mastermind. He needed to get rid of the president without getting involved directly. He never acted against him openly but all his advises cornered the president. 

I wasn't surprised that Jessica's minion, Hong, was a double agent.

• Like 4

I knew scarface was not dead. I was not surprised with the sudden snipper shot Lily's guy in ep12 and when he appeared in ep13. 

I don't trust Edward Park. Kinda sad Sec Yoon chose to kill himself, I would have prefered him being one of the key persons to bring the president down..he had all the evidence only for it to be stolen...gahhhhh!!!

Is it just me...or everything that happened in ep 13 is too fast. I wonder how many days or months have passed in the episode. How long was Oh Sang Mi in jail? Haeri got shot in her gut and fractured her spine...but she seems very fine? Her lack of bloodloss after getting shot is as interesting as her light grey trench coat not being smeared by her blood. Also where is Haeri's family? 

And the President is a piece of work. He's evil. And I like him being pure evil and showing no remorse. Hopefully his bad deeds can be exposed. The one holding most his info aka Yoon had died. Huhu

KTW only had 1 minute airtime...and I have learned to accept that is his fate. Hahaha

Also.....The frequent scene changes from prison break to hospital romcom gave me whiplash. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Isn't baseball finished? I thought the finals was last month as I couldn't get play off tickets. I have been hearing more rugby news. Surely the Koreans were not watching the RWC final yesterday.

Am a bit bleary eyed from watching ep 8 to 13 in one hit till this morning. Wasn't in the mood for non- stop action earlier last month.

I already knew the spoilers and heard some criticisms. But I was in the mood for some action so was happy with the flow. I missed me some LSG and enjoyed watching it. The other senior male actors elevated whatever script they were given. Some of the lines made me laugh. However I am used to grand epic plots in multiple book thriller series. So it's on points with the danger. The plot itself, kinda hard sell actually. I actually marvelled how the writer changed the whole concept of what I knew NIS is. Unbelievable. I might actually need to go read or watch some procedural show after this. The grand scale of corruption is grandiose.

And Suzy. No problems with her except to say I became obsessed with her hair. Such long, lustrous flowing tresses. So thick such gleaming clean hair. And that fringe. Oh my goodness. It just flicks back perfectly. Did it ever get sweat soaked? Can't rememer but I did spend 6 hrs on Vagabond just a few hours ago. Doesn't her hair look fantastic? Every strand just sat perfectly in place. And I didn't know the actual weather during the filming but Morocco must have been cool then. Either way her hair down or pinned up. Or spread out on the pillow... just perfect.

So yeah. Need to go watch a procedural after this. After all, because the half of the time just kept thinking an opponent could catch her or rip her hair out. Considering I had to learn how to escape if caught/assaulted by my hair. And I have short hair. The assault training... part of my job requirement. But seriously, her hair is just gorgeous.

The random hospital romance scene was just hilarious. There's freaking intravenous paracetamol infusion- the writer should have researched it- but the cold towels touch? So so funny. And I repeated the leg massage scene. Laughed so much. Just even thinking of LSG the actor and Suzy the actress acting out that one. The bed scene was standard innuendo but so funny to watch too. This writer made me laugh. Because in my thriller books the romance is inserted randomly too. So off- putting.

CDG out negotiating trained NIS professionals? And his fighting skills? Wow. Unreal but wow. Lol. How could a civilian stuntman know such psychological warfare? And such perfect sound bites.

But for a speed marathon.... good stuff. It kept me hooked for several hours.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

@cherriesblue According to the subs, the paper said " Samuel, some amount of money (20million????. Not sure) and to be aware of the tattoo guy. Yep, husband and wife fighting in the interrogation room was just a ruse. But it looks like, although his wife got released from jail, dude ends up in a mental hospital???? Or is it inside the jail according to the preview:mellow:. Hopefully he starts talking because he is gonna get killed for sure.

@bebebisous33  Edward Park (The actor) always plays a villian character lol. It was too good to be true for him to be innocent in this whole mess:lol:. But true, the Prime Minister is probably the big boss and I have a feeling that it was also him who gave the charcoal/lighter/alcohol to Yun to kill himself though it looks like his plan didn't work out so well. 

@katakwasabi Doctor says her spine got fractured (a small part) but our girl walked, sat down during the court hearing and no blood from her injury:skull:. I have no words to say too lol:sweatingbullets::lol:.

I want the president to pay his deeds the worst way. Dude had the nerve to say " Did he just richard simmons on me?" during DG TV broadcast<_<.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

@katakwasabi Doctor says her spine got fractured (a small part) but our girl walked, sat down during the court hearing and no blood from her injury:skull:. I have no words to say too lol:sweatingbullets::lol:.

I went on googling about her injury. I'm not a doctor and I thought the sudden spine injury was odd. She walked just fine, she even sat in the ambulance. Maybe it was because of Dalgun piggybacking her...pushing the bullet against her spine. Heh.

If not...writer is trying to make me believe Haeri got shot in her gut...she didn't bleed out, the bullet hits her spine and yet no internal organs were hit? I can't. My brain can't accept this illogical situation. Any doctors can clarify is her injuries medically accurate? Haha

Also this...this freaking ambulance stopped at a traffic light!!!! You're an ambulance, act like one and go between cars, force them to make way.

6XVXNn.gif

Like the ambulance in this clip

But then I found this....this ambulance really did stop at a traffic light with sirens blaring. Yikes. I'm accustomed to see ambulances in emergencies move ahead and cars will slowdown and make way.....

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, choisunny said:

at ep1, can someone explain this scene? it keeps bugging me..it does not make sense if HaeRi Go killed Michael, right?

No, she didn’t kill him, Chief K asked her a favor to look at the cause of his death because Micheal is a friend of the Chief 

• Like 3

@katakwasabi ROFL :joy::mrgreen:. Whichever doctor diagnosed her, needs his license to be stripped lol. They should have just said the bullet gazed her and that's the reason why there wasn't a lot of blood coming out. Spinal injuries are dangerous and she shouldn't have been moving around from the moment she got shot.

An ambulance with its sirens on and waiting for the traffic light:skull::warning:. I couldn't believe my eyes. Emergency vehicles always have the first priority. 

I decided not to question things again. KDrama logic was always the opposite of real logic Lol:joy:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4