Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

BTS pictures of Seung Gi, Suzy and Teo Yoo :)

I am really curious if we ever gonna see the light of the first picture (possibly a scene).  Wonder what's all that about :w00t:

20 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Honestly, I'm surprised this thread isn't as active as several other drama threads, I really thought it would be considering how huge the main cast fanbase are.

DITTO!  I thought it was kinda weird that the pace of discussion is extremely slow.  Was wondering perhaps the English subbed episode is readily available on Netflix within an hour of its broadcast in Korea.  Maybe that is why not many viewers are active to do a live recap.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Ep 14!  Instead of Season 2, I would very much prefer a movie spin-off and end it off with a Big Bang!  There are plenty of loose ends which I would like to see answered.

Yes, that opening scene in Kingdom of Kiria, North Africa where Dalgun is aiming to take a shot (unknowingly) at Haeri.  I would like to think that they are secretly working together.  There is that one particular scene whereby Haeri slung a pistol underneath her dress.  Were they planning to take down more than NIS and VIP?

1. Did Micky kill Michael?  Was Micky his mistress?
2. How in the world, is Jerome still alive?  I really don't mind that at all... and was he the one who took a shot at Lily?

3. Who was the one monitoring the screens of what's happening in Morocco?  Edward?

4. Who is the tattooed killer which Kim Woo Gi warned Oh Sang Mi about?  And why is it she is released early?

5. So far, we have only seen one cameo appearance.  What about the supposedly cameos by Jun Ji Hyun, Yook Sung Jae, Yoo Dong Gun, Sung Joon and Cha Seung Won?

Ooohhh... come what may, I will do a marathon of all 15 episodes before the finale!  Gonna enjoy the last three episodes and hopefully, they will achieve even better ratings ;)

• Like 3

Scarface aka Yoo Teo!!!!

7002_0-96682400-1573096025_5dc376fba0281

48 minutes ago, dydrawer said:

I feel like Edward Park will be the betrayer. I'm now firmly sold on the theory somewhere in the thread that he is the big bad here.

As for the major characters dying, the lead couple has too thick of a plot armor to die. I feel like KTW might go if they're looking for maximum emotional impact. Or it might be Chief Kang if killing off KTW is a little too much.

Edward Park being a betrayer isn't surprising. I also think it will be him, he knows too much for the position he is in.

And I also think if they really are going to kill off someone from the main cast, it will be KTW too for emotional impact. 

Random thoughts if KTW really dies....

Spoiler

I'll be sad if KTW dies. I wonder if it will be as emotionally impactful like Lee Hyuk's death in TLE. The events that led to his death and his parting words gutted me. And I think it was because the whole series Emperor Hyuk was emotionally present and very expressive. 

KTW on the other hand is emotionally absent. He is very stoic and betrays no emotion. I like him as a character but I don't feel that I'm emotionally attached to him or any of the other characters.

40 minutes ago, cadymcbronzie said:

1. Did Micky kill Michael?  Was Micky his mistress?
2. How in the world, is Jerome still alive?  I really don't mind that at all... and was he the one who took a shot at Lily?

3. Who was the one monitoring the screens of what's happening in Morocco?  Edward?

4. Who is the tattooed killer which Kim Woo Gi warned Oh Sang Mi about?  And why is it she is released early?

5. So far, we have only seen one cameo appearance.  What about the supposedly cameos by Jun Ji Hyun, Yook Sung Jae, Yoo Dong Gun, Sung Joon and Cha Seung Won?

1. For now, it seems Micky is the mistress and killer

2. I'm glad he's alive (refer pic above lol). And I think he's the sniper who shot Lily's minion.

3. Most likely him. He was already in Morocco when the family came.

4. Could it be possible that Oh Sang Mi is the tattoed killer? Hahaha

5. Are the rumours legit? I want JJH to cameo as a diva actress. Hahaha

• Like 6

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Scarface aka Yoo Teo!!!!

Hahahaha... he is very YUMMY indeed :phew:

If Oh Sang Mi is the killer, she really wasn't convincing enough that she cannot defend herself against the cell mates.  Hahahahaha :D

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I want JJH to cameo as a diva actress. Hahaha

Either that or just another assassin.  She was fantastic in Assassination, so she would make an interesting cameo if it is indeed the case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

Hahahaha... he is very YUMMY indeed :phew:

Either that or just another assassin.  She was fantastic in Assassination, so she would make an interesting cameo if it is indeed the case.

Uuu...JJH as an assassin will be great! And make Cha Seung Won as her partner. But please make them capable assassins! Hahahahaha

• Like 4

There is really not much to discuss plot- wise. Everyone with any influence in S Korea are under the influence of John and Marks. The hired killers find it easy to transport weapons between countries borders. Everyone internationally is bought off. There are secret agents everywhere. The Korean embassy mysteriously clears out with no personnel. The Korean reporters are bought off. The Prime Minister and President are in cahoots. The NIS, police, legal system and news companies are bought off.

Like seriously, what do you want me to discuss? There are only FOUR good guys. And 2 minor side characters who are on the good guys sides. Then 2 minor, minor side character which includes the obligatory IT expert. The 8 good guys have multiple roles or talents.

So what do you want me to comment on? GTW's tattoos or GHR's hair. I do like whatshisname's shooting style though. Bam bam bam, no hesitation. KTW- he's cool but only because it's the actor who made the character cool.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So what do you want me to comment on? GTW's tattoos or GHR's hair. I do like whatshisname's shooting style though. Bam bam bam, no hesitation. KTW- he's cool but only because it's the actor who made the character cool.

Hahaha. Do you mean Dalgun's tattoos? Cause I'm sure KTW haven't shown any tattoos yet :joy:.  And yes, KTW is cool and I do think SSR playing him is influencing my perception for the character. 

74363924_2558728110851307_45843080242769

74569273_2568755919848526_65226074290189

Anyways...why is SBS blocking youtube videos. I want to watch this KTW special clip :(

Plotwise...yeah. there's not much to talk about since it was repetitive up to ep12. Bad guys being incompetent, good guys being lucky. Some stuff happened in ep13 but more less it was the same. The bad guys are still at large, the real big bad boss is still hidden, Haeri-Dalgun only did some hospital scenes, while the other good guys were non-existent :sweatingbullets:.  

I wonder how they will wrap this with 3 episodes left and we are still in 2012. The most plausible ending is an open ending in present time aka the scene in ep 1...which is just....*sigh*. I prefer my dramas to have a conclusion, instead of a beginning to something else. Hahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

I am really curious if we ever gonna see the light of the first picture (possibly a scene).  Wonder what's all that about :w00t:

That's behind the scenes. I mean them laughing.

This is in drama, maybe present time, as in 2019.

5dc376798d54510c8aa2cfd6-p.jpg

5dc37679ca8db20a3242b96e-p.jpg

The talk they have outside probably happens after this.

• Like 4

While waiting for ep 14. I wonder what kind of big bang plot twist is coming. But considering that we all know it’s coming, not sure if it’s that big.

• Like 4

New still cuts, possibly for Ep 14 :)

NIS agents including Go Haeri, Ki Taewoong, Kang Joochul, Gong Hwasook and Kim Sehun all gathered together to pay tribute to their colleagues who lost their lives in Morocco. Production company Celltrion Entertainment praised Suzy’s passion for doing the best in the scenes. “Please pay attention and watch until the last broadcast of Vagabond, which will bring Go Haeri’s fierce performance with variety of charms."

cr. foreverbaesuzyy

• Like 3

9 hours ago, incoty said:

That's behind the scenes. I mean them laughing.

Yup, I'm aware.  And from the new pictures that surfaced online yesterday, I am sure there will be that scene of them seated facing each other.  Can't wait ^_^

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cadymcbronzie said:

New still cuts, possibly for Ep 14 :)

NIS agents including Go Haeri, Ki Taewoong, Kang Joochul, Gong Hwasook and Kim Sehun all gathered together to pay tribute to their colleagues who lost their lives in Morocco. Production company Celltrion Entertainment praised Suzy’s passion for doing the best in the scenes. “Please pay attention and watch until the last broadcast of Vagabond, which will bring Go Haeri’s fierce performance with variety of charms."

cr. foreverbaesuzyy

I was just about to share the same pic. Haha

Yesss...thankfully they did not forget their lost colleagues and have a tribute/memorial scene. Yessssss!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cadymcbronzie said:

Oh my goodness... they just released this BTS! :wub:

Awwww...that is so cute~~ :blush:

Eventhough I find Dalgun-Haeri romance is forced in the drama, but I adore LSG-Suzy off camera. Their friendship and closeness is heartwarming to see. To many more years of friendship LSG-Suzy!!! 

Omo! Thanks @cadymcbronzie for sharing the bts facebook clip. It lead me to the KTW video. Hahaha

• Like 1
  • Love 2

HEOL!  Go read the synopsis for Ep 14!  The one who got Oh Sang Mi released from prison is the Prime Minister <_<

And what is this... Ep 14 is showing tonight??  Quit playing games with my heart, SBS!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cadymcbronzie said:

HEOL!  Go read the synopsis for Ep 14!  The one who got Oh Sang Mi released from prison is the Prime Minister <_<

And what is this... Ep 14 is showing tonight??  Quit playing games with my heart, SBS!

Ep 14 will air tomorrow due to baseball.

Is it just me or I think LSG is the singer for the OST in the preview. It kinda sounds like him. Hahaha

• Like 3

Looks like the same place CDG and GHR are in. Hopefully GHR is not in cahoots with Jerome lol.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20191109

• Like 4

Ehhhh..why did Suzy delete her carrot picture :o.

Excited for ep 14!! But can I please have more KTW~ he only had about 1 minute airtime in ep 13. Hua3. 

70320868_2472133059510813_77260148869158

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Ehhhh..why did Suzy delete her carrot picture :o.

She erroneously thought there was going to be a new episode.

And apparently, there won't be any new episodes next week at all due to Baseball again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, incoty said:

She erroneously thought there was going to be a new episode.

And apparently, there won't be any new episodes next week at all due to Baseball again.

I saw the rumours that there are no VB episodes next week. I tried to find more info on naver but didn't find any confirmation articles yet. Huhuhu

• Like 2