[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

19 minutes ago, realistic2280 said:

I'm curious with a few things

1. Why did YJ said - who is the one rushing it? - in ep9, when they confirmed their relationship and YJ, again, on his 3rd proposal, wanted to marry MS. What did YJ mean in that sentence? Is he referring to MS who wanted to resign hence he had to ask her hand for marriage? Or because MS confessed hence did he think MS was rushing it?

This is based on their meeting when they were small - the pinky swear....   She wanted to get married to her Oppa already.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I don't know about the relationship of the father and mother in the past, but this woman could have had some connection to the father. Yes the husband is paying attention to his wife, but it could be that the trauma the family went through taught him a lesson. He probably goes along with her out of guilt. Regardless of that mystery for which I am curious, there is a secret that it seems the parents wanted to keep away from the boys--not necessarily for the sake of both kids, just one. I had wondered if the oldest son was the product of another relationship the father had. I question why this woman targeted the youngest son and not the oldest one or both; why did they lie to the newspaper about it being the oldest son? Were they protecting the oldest son or the youngest one or were they protecting some other secret that could probably harm the company? It's common for kidnappers to kidnap the heir to a company, not necessarily the second son. As I said, I have questions.

If I recall correctly, they didn't lie to the media. The reporter told KMS that the news was covered up and no one knew for sure which son was kidnapped but one nugget was leaked, that it was a P4 boy. LYJ once told KMS he skipped two grades and was thus in P4 the same year as LSY. That's why she had originally thought (and told PYS she suspected) it could be LYJ, until LSY wrote about the kidnapping on his blog and she heard about the blog entry.

I don't think the kidnapper is related to the father. If she was his mistress and caused such trauma to the boys, it's not logical for the mother to be so calm when discussing the incident, especially with the father.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yongzura said:

This is based on their meeting when they were small - the pinky swear....   She wanted to get married to her Oppa already.

I'll jump in and add that he may also have meant that after 3 failed attempts of his to kiss her, she just went in and smooched him herself lol. Maybe he meant she was *eager * herself as well. Lol.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chubbz said:

If I recall correctly, they didn't lie to the media. The reporter told KMS that the news was covered up and no one knew for sure which son was kidnapped but one nugget was leaked, that it was a P4 boy. LYJ once told KMS he skipped two grades and was thus in P4 the same year as LSY. That's why she had originally thought (and told PYS she suspected) it could be LYJ, until LSY wrote about the kidnapping on his blog and she heard about the blog entry.

I don't think the kidnapper is related to the father. If she was his mistress and caused such trauma to the boys, it's not logical for the mother to be so calm when discussing the incident, especially with the father.

@chubbz, Thanks for jogging my memory in regards to KMS' research regarding the concealed identity of the two boys. There was something else that was mentioned in the drama that made me think it was publicly said the eldest son was the one kidnapped--not just LSY's blog and his parents--I need to go back and rewatch.  Because LSY was jealous of LYJ and the fact he was so smart, that's why I wonder if it was LSY that had a hand in helping the kidnapper to kidnap his brother.

In regards to the kidnapper, you are absolutely right, the father probably didn't have a romantic relationship with this woman, however, we makes me think it's possible is something that I've wondered about since episode 1.  It was when KMS and LJY had lunch with with parents.  LJY asked his parents if they ever had marriage burnout. The father choked on this drink and looked startled at his wife. His wife laughed (fake laughed) it off with a wink to the father.  The father then also gave a fake laugh as he looked at his wife as if they were passing some type of message between them.  That scene told me that something happened in their past.

To kidnap their son and then commit suicide (that's assuming she really died). It's also interesting that LSY lost his memory after fainting at the dinner table. Which is why it doesn't make sense for the parents to lie about what happened--it appears that LSY doesn't remember anything that happened, so they could have told the truth or just omitted that part. Why make him think he was the one kidnapped? KMS said that LSY seemed as if he was repeating what had been told to him.

So many questions I have. Again, Thank you for clearing that information up. 

• Like 5

Does anyone think that YJ may connect the conversation he had with Mi So with her mother who collapsed and was diagnosed with illness with how Mi So fell if only for a while? The viewers know the truth that her memories have came back but he doesn'tbut we know that she will be unconscious in hospital for a while. He may think she is sick like her mother. The angst!!!!!

• Like 5

upcoming-episodes-of-what-s-wrong-with-sSecretaryKim08-00013.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEln4FDRkw-FWh4Yb_tj0

Some promises and memories are are not only kept...   They are cherished...

" Let me hug you one more time...  I think, that I'll have sweet dreams tonight too..."

There was some realness in seeing YJ turn his car around after seeing those visions  and reflections of he and MS and their past.  Promises throughout our lives are so important no matter what the age and stand out in our minds and within our hearts.  I also love that the writer reminds all of us how love moves and stirs everything within us...

Those feelings of not wanting to hang up a phone first.  Not wanting to let go first.  Not wanting to go in first etc....  It's showing love in it's purest form when you just can't get enough and enough is always your longing and yearning for more...

Sometimes we forget just how wonderful all those needs & wants are. 

This drama reminds us and shows us just how

beautiful and amazing they are...

Although I can't be here in reading or writing as much as I would love too.  My heart is cheering this drama on and the rest of you too!

There have been some sweet moments given already but I sure hope there are more to come. 

Showing a pinky promise can withstand the test of time and so can love.

No matter how young...:heart:

I think I’ve already forgiven PD-nim because of this uber daebak episode. All the frustrations that I got from the past ones are now gone thanks to the overflowing skinship of our main OTP. LOL. I so much welcome the mature kind of love that this drama is presenting us, and I’m very much prepared for Lee Young-joon’s (Park Seo-joon) awakened desires. Omo!

Continue reading here:

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/07/09/k-drama-reaction-why-secretary-kim-episode-9/

fotor_153104552903922.jpg?w=840

Edited by Mrs_JCW
  • Like 14

Madam Choi (Kim Hye-ok) told her husband that she wants to finally reveal the truth about the decades-old kidnapping incident to their two sons. This proved my belief that they aren’t aware that Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) has never really lost his memories of that fateful day. I also think that Secretary Kim Mi-so’s (Park Min-young) curious inquiries about whether Young-joon had changed his name triggered Madam Choi’s decision.

Continue reading here:

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/07/09/k-drama-reaction-why-secretary-kim-episode-10/

screenshot_2018-07-08-18-44-53.png?w=840

• Like 8

In regards to the kidnapper, you are absolutely right, the father probably didn't have a romantic relationship with this woman, however, we makes me think it's possible is something that I've wondered about since episode 1.  It was when KMS and LJY had lunch with with parents.  LJY asked his parents if they ever had marriage burnout. The father choked on this drink and looked startled at his wife. His wife laughed (fake laughed) it off with a wink to the father.  The father then also gave a fake laugh as he looked at his wife as if they were passing some type of message between them.  That scene told me that something happened in their past.

LSY did mention (I think it was during their visit to redeveloped area to try to recall his memories) to KMS that the kidnapper was an abandoned mistress who lost her mind after an abortion. I assume he heard that from somewhere. Assuming that is the truth, being an heir or not would be irrelevant, because she was basically not functioning well mentally. It could have been a case of her trying to kidnap either or both but in the process, LSY basically escaped after abandoning LYJ (which is why he despises his elder brother for his cowardice, more than his bullying).

The marriage "burn out" could have been due to the incident because it's tough to handle their two sons after the incident. It was pretty life-changing for them all, as shared by LYJ on the bridge, when he told KMS why he didn't want her seeking her memories of that incident.

It's also interesting that LSY lost his memory after fainting at the dinner table. Which is why it doesn't make sense for the parents to lie about what happened--it appears that LSY doesn't remember anything that happened, so they could have told the truth or just omitted that part. Why make him think he was the one kidnapped? KMS said that LSY seemed as if he was repeating what had been told to him.

The one who suddenly lost his memories after breakfast one day was LYJ, likely faked because he wanted to stop the whole thing. Mum told KMS that LSY was tearing at LYJ everyday and semblance of peace happened only after LYJ also had memory loss. If the parents believed LSY lost his memories (or re-imagined himself as victim) due to guilt, it makes sense that they feel it would be better if he remains the victim in his mental world.

One of the reasons I like this show is that it feels like Cluedo in rom-com style hehe

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Phew! Ep. 10 really took me by surprise! I didn't think they would reveal the party scene so quickly, but after some thought, it's the perfect time. In the beginning stages of this drama, I was unsure as to how they would pace the drama with the rate it was following the webtoon. I've been forgetting to post for the last 4 episodes and each time I always want to comment how that episode is my favorite. I loved watching their first fight, especially the fact that MS defended her position with pride. UGH. For those who were worried about MS losing her characterization (someone in another site called her a flat character), here's the drama's answer. I had enough trust in the writers to know that they wouldn't drag out their argument, and it was quite pleasing to see them saying things in their head they wanted the other to do/hear. There's way more things to address than drag on some misunderstanding/argument. And I won't repeat what everyone has already said but that closet kiss though :phew: I'm sweating here watching that, I felt like I shouldn't have been watching. And ofc, I can't not mention the BTIMFL cameo. It actually made me cry seeing their cameo, I missed BTIMFL more than I thought and guess who's rewatching in the meantime? I loved seeing MS's family dynamic and JSM and LMK were perfect as MS's parents. I'm so glad they added this into the drama (since it wasn't in the webtoon). I don't have much more to comment about the past week's episodes, since everyone has pretty much voiced out my thoughts. I'm just super excited for the rest of how the story will unfold now that MS has recovered her memories. We have 3 more weeks guys :tears:

Since we've reached a climactic point in the story, here's my predictions for the next 3 weeks according to my knowledge from the webtoon:

Spoiler

Eps. 11-12: Reveal of past, MY calls out SY for technically lying, parents might ask for forgiveness (?)

Eps. 13-14: Parents ask for YJ's forgiveness, YJ and SY make up, reveal of public relationship

Eps. 15-16: BED SCENE?!!!!!!!!, meeting of parents (bff dads!) wedding, pregnancy, happy ending!

With the recent webtoon update, I really hope they include this in the ending as well. I think it would be perfect, because KMS will have finally achieved what she originally wanted (webtoon spoilers included below)

Spoiler

Unless I'm misinterpreted her goals of wanting to find love and living like a normal person/woman the webtoon hinting on MS being pregnant and actually giving birth to that child would make the ending perfect if they put this in the drama. Maybe apart from finding love, her dream also included starting a family. In episode 10, I thought they may have hinted at this possibility when Pil Nam was talking about wanting the best for MS in starting a family of her own (around 1:00:00 mark). This is already happening in the webtoon, so if it's not too much to ask, I wish the writer-nims would also consider adding this. I also want to see YJ as a doting husband to a pregnant MS as well as a flustered first time father :P 

• Like 11

anneyooong from Candidasa beach Bali..... 

sorry for not able to join you all oftenly... the wifi in Bali isn’t as fast as in Europe but I managed to watch our beloved drama diligently.... thanks a lot for tagging me uri chagiya one by one you know who you are... nomu nomu gomawo geureu du miane unnie can’t post as much as before... you all have done great!

I asked my dongsaeng @ohoheli to post as much as he can hehehehe...

happy monday all.... hugs from tropical paradise of Bali...  :wub:

• Like 9

22 hours ago, evie7 said:

I'm SMH at the parents too, did they really think that by going along w/this lie was a good thing? Now SY who mentally couldn't process the guilt of leaving his brother alone. Making it easy for the kidnapper to grab him. He was allowed to take over YJ's life. Did they really think that YJ couldn't remember who he was? By ignoring what happened 24 years ago, they succeeded in making the situation worse.     

@princessfiana Thank you for giving the backstory of how SY was allowed to take over YJ's life. 

I agree with @martanur It has to be the push up pad falling out. You just knew it was going to happen but it still was hilarious. 

Welcome!  The webtoon explained later about the parents bit.

Spoiler

YJ parents apologised to both sons later. YJ parents went to YJ office and confessed they were too weak to face the prob and were so afraid of losing both sons. so when YJ said he forgot the things related to the kidnap, they chose to believe him without suspecting him..they asked YJ to blame them for not fixing the situation between both brothers 23 years ago . YJ said he also need to apologise, becos he thinks there is no one to rely on and he is strong enough to bear it himself suffer himself and relief everyone else.  YJ realised that by doing so, he has taken away his parents' chance of fixing the situation.  he also went back to see SY and apologise to SY saying that by faking amnesia, he took away SY's opportunity to get his mental illness cured.  SY may be able to recover by himself but YJ took away his chance.  SY asked why YJ forgive him easily and YJ said all the torture that SY gave him could not compared to the trauma he suffered from the kidnap i.e. YJ's own suffering is not caused by SY so there is nothing forgive from YJ.  YJ make up with SY by saying that if SY is leaving to airport, he can still send him off and told SY to stop being near Miso or else he wont forgive SY.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, haelan said:

Phew! Ep. 10 really took me by surprise! I didn't think they would reveal the party scene so quickly, but after some thought, it's the perfect time. In the beginning stages of this drama, I was unsure as to how they would pace the drama with the rate it was following the webtoon. I've been forgetting to post for the last 4 episodes and each time I always want to comment how that episode is my favorite. I loved watching their first fight, especially the fact that MS defended her position with pride. UGH. For those who were worried about MS losing her characterization (someone in another site called her a flat character), here's the drama's answer. I had enough trust in the writers to know that they wouldn't drag out their argument, and it was quite pleasing to see them saying things in their head they wanted the other to do/hear. There's way more things to address than drag on some misunderstanding/argument. And I won't repeat what everyone has already said but that closet kiss though :phew: I'm sweating here watching that, I felt like I shouldn't have been watching. And ofc, I can't not mention the BTIMFL cameo. It actually made me cry seeing their cameo, I missed BTIMFL more than I thought and guess who's rewatching in the meantime? I loved seeing MS's family dynamic and JSM and LMK were perfect as MS's parents. I'm so glad they added this into the drama (since it wasn't in the webtoon). I don't have much more to comment about the past week's episodes, since everyone has pretty much voiced out my thoughts. I'm just super excited for the rest of how the story will unfold now that MS has recovered her memories. We have 3 more weeks guys :tears:

Since we've reached a climactic point in the story, here's my predictions for the next 3 weeks according to my knowledge from the webtoon:

Reveal hidden contents

Eps. 11-12: Reveal of past, MY calls out SY for technically lying, parents might ask for forgiveness (?)

Eps. 13-14: Parents ask for YJ's forgiveness, YJ and SY make up, reveal of public relationship

Eps. 15-16: BED SCENE?!!!!!!!!, meeting of parents (bff dads!) wedding, pregnancy, happy ending!

With the recent webtoon update, I really hope they include this in the ending as well. I think it would be perfect, because KMS will have finally achieved what she originally wanted (webtoon spoilers included below)

Hide contents

Unless I'm misinterpreted her goals of wanting to find love and living like a normal person/woman the webtoon hinting on MS being pregnant and actually giving birth to that child would make the ending perfect if they put this in the drama. Maybe apart from finding love, her dream also included starting a family. In episode 10, I thought they may have hinted at this possibility when Pil Nam was talking about wanting the best for MS in starting a family of her own (around 1:00:00 mark). This is already happening in the webtoon, so if it's not too much to ask, I wish the writer-nims would also consider adding this. I also want to see YJ as a doting husband to a pregnant MS as well as a flustered first time father :P 

Spoiler

Yes, I would love to see YJ and his BFF as first time flustered father!!! YJ is being considerate to Miso abt giving her a position where she can work and balance life with more free time (as a director).

9 hours ago, minseojoon said:

Lee Young Joon's house and office.

Is his house a TV set ? wanna visit it! hehe

• Like 4

17 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@chubbz, Thanks for jogging my memory in regards to KMS' research regarding the concealed identity of the two boys. There was something else that was mentioned in the drama that made me think it was publicly said the eldest son was the one kidnapped--not just LSY's blog and his parents--I need to go back and rewatch.  Because LSY was jealous of LYJ and the fact he was so smart, that's why I wonder if it was LSY that had a hand in helping the kidnapper to kidnap his brother.

Yes from some spoilers here, some chingues mentioned that LSY was kind of involved with helping the crazy lady kidnap YJ thats why he felt more guilty about his action. He also heard, (when YJ returned) all YJ nightmares of the kidnapping thats why he was able to write it in his novel an it was just lil snippets. But in YJ nightmares MS was never mentioned hence why he cant recall MS ever being there. See @princessfiana post on page 143 and above my post of this thread to get a clearer understanding of SY's mental state as well as his parents.

If I didnt know about these spoilers I wouldnt of picked up that SY was suffering this much.I didnt understand why YJ was so harsh on SY.  I thought yJ was cruel as since the minute he returned and tried to get along, all YJ did was shut him down and told him to pretty much get lost.  Its only now in later eps we get some clarification...  though i hope that this drama wont paint him being involved in the kidnapping. Otherwise SYcharacter is too sad. 

I think the crazy lady is the fathers exmistress. @kaoriharang is this right? as I dont think this drama will differ much with the novel or webtoon. I tend to think its so because from my experience of watching kdrama everything is related. Theres no coincidences in kdrama hahaha. But that aside the parents rela seems odd, as you are right and they do seem to be hiding something and father dearest is always eager to make sure his wife is happy and stressfree from their sons. I guess this is his way of making amends from having a crazy exmistress. I also think YJ knows about it hence why his rela with his father isnt as close as he is with his mother. This also explains why I  think YJ doesnt look up to his father esp knowing that he was unfaithful and was the cause of this whole ordeal. Maybe YJ feels his father is as incompetent as his older brother.

To kidnap their son and then commit suicide (that's assuming she really died). It's also interesting that LSY lost his memory after fainting at the dinner table. Which is why it doesn't make sense for the parents to lie about what happened--it appears that LSY doesn't remember anything that happened, so they could have told the truth or just omitted that part. Why make him think he was the one kidnapped? KMS said that LSY seemed as if he was repeating what had been told to him.

So many questions I have. Again, Thank you for clearing that information up. 

Good to see you here chingu, miss your insights. 

Im actually in the middle of rewatching this drama from ep 1 and now up to ep 8. Im trying to piece clues of the kidnapping ordeal. Just a question though, the kidnapper, KMS calls her "aunty". Maybe the Koreans especially children address every female older them  as "aunty" but I wonder if maybe she knows her as why else would a young lil girl willingly follow a stranger and take her hand...right? Could she be her father's new partner? does KMS knows the kidnapper?

Also the closet kiss scene in YT has hit over 1 mil views. :tounge_wink:

His written on the script so many "Park" reference including - Park PD Nim, Park Vice President, Park Mi So and his own role President Park Yoo Sik :sweat_smile:  is this a coincidence or what? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2