[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

Please break down, please break down, Taehwanie.

YJ is mentally strong. Imagine having to deal with all this family issue. 

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Also the closet kiss scene in YT has hit over 1 mil views. 

Byeontae people haha But that's a good shot, really. 

• Like 10

On 7/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, princessfiana said:

The webtoon did explain why SY is like this

Reveal hidden contents

The big bro was the one who took YJ at the redevelopment area and left him there. After the kidnap SY asked their driver to take him to the site where YJ was left alone in cold dark place (i.e. thats why SY can sort of have this vision in his nightmares).  Moreover, SY saw YJ's scars, and YJ  having nightmares screaming at the hospital after being rescued and how their parents only have attention for YJ.  he also overheard nurses at the hospital commenting him giving false directions as to the whereabouts of YJ so that YJ parents could not find him sooner. SY became so overwhelmed with guilt and had a mental breakdown where he have this memory switch and replaced himself as the one who got kidnapped and YJ was the one who left him there....after YJ returned to home, YJ discovered that SY wore his clothes and took YJ's room and kept hitting YJ afterwards. YJ was at a lost at SY's craziness.  But soon after YJ started fighting back his bro and the brothers fight all the time when there were in same room.  The parents does not have a clue on how to stop it. when they took SY to see psychiatrist, the doctor said SY is in unstable mental condition and suggest they dont tell SY the truth yet. the father decided to send SY to mental hospital but mom was reluctant. YJ overheard the parents discussion and thought to himself that he is strong enough to stand it and if he also chose to accept SY 's side of things then no one will be upset anymore, so YJ decided to pretend amnesia.  He even apologise to SY for doing this bad thing to him and SY stopped hitting YJ from then on and their family seemed to return to peace.  Their parents changed YJ name from Sung Hyeon to Young Joon later because after the kidnap, they decided that the two sons' names are too similar and easy to cause confusion / comparison between brothers and thats why the name change.  p.s. that why YJ always said his bro is weak.  SY really is weak mentally. 

My dear friend @Kasmic, thank you for directing me to review @princessfiana's post who shed so much like on the dynamics between LSY and LYJ. I pretty much figured out based on what LYJ said that his brother had mentally switched their roles. I have to admit that was very poor advice from the doctor because it gave no consideration to the younger child who had been kidnapped and the trauma he was dealing with; there was no plan it seems to help LSY deal with his actions and the guilt he was feeling.

Again, I appreciate you wonderful ladies!!!

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, minseojoon said:

Episode 10 BTS!

PSJ looked like he was having so much fun in that bts.:lol: His clam-digging lewk was the cutest he's looked on the show (and I do mean cute as opposed to hot or devastatingly handsome, as Young Joon would claim :P). I think PMY was saying she didn't think that outfit could look cool but it does on him (please correct if wrong). And PSJ teasing her about her expressions while digging clams, then smiling cutely to appease her wrath---the cutest! Wish we could have seen PMY's face (must have been giving him the evil eye?). 

@sken40 Welcome! :)

• Like 7

17 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

anneyooong from Candidasa beach Bali..... 

sorry for not able to join you all oftenly... the wifi in Bali isn’t as fast as in Europe but I managed to watch our beloved drama diligently.... thanks a lot for tagging me uri chagiya one by one you know who you are... nomu nomu gomawo geureu du miane unnie can’t post as much as before... you all have done great!

I asked my dongsaeng @ohoheli to post as much as he can hehehehe...

happy monday all.... hugs from tropical paradise of Bali...  :wub:

happy morning @SeGafanlady noona!!! will try to screencap tomorrow.. this week is a bummer for me so many things to do at work. hahaha

• Like 5

On 7/8/2018 at 11:34 PM, Yongzura said:

This is based on their meeting when they were small - the pinky swear....   She wanted to get married to her Oppa already.

Haha... true.. thanks for the reminder

22 hours ago, minseojoon said:
  Hide contents

Wow, the expanse they do, to make the whole thing believable....

On 7/9/2018 at 1:17 AM, blahdeyblah said:

I'll jump in and add that he may also have meant that after 3 failed attempts of his to kiss her, she just went in and smooched him herself lol. Maybe he meant she was *eager * herself as well. Lol.

maybe :)

Love the picture of PSJ in the closet reading his script and his pink slipper :D Cant believe he fits in that place! Jealous at their slim yet firm figures :)

• Like 7

I came across this NB post about the show's high ratings last week, and this gem from netizen #8:

8. [+7, -0] Ugh, I was doing totally fine with my solo life until I saw Young Joon and Miso's kiss scene and now I want to go on dates, this p!sses me off

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

15 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I came across this NB post about the show's high ratings last week, and this gem from netizen #8:

:lol::lol::lol:

i saw that earlier and smiled as well to that comment.

Is it only me but I think PSJ/LYJ looks tired lately from the drama? Perhaps not so much makeup while Sec Kim/PMY always looks so lively and doesnt show her tiredness ...^_^

All the effort from digging the clams? :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, realistic2280 said:

i saw that earlier and smiled as well to that comment.

Is it only me but I think PSJ/LYJ looks tired lately from the drama? Perhaps not so much makeup while Sec Kim/PMY always looks so lively and doesnt show her tiredness ...^_^

All the effort from digging the clams? :D

I think he does, just a teeny bit. Although he looked really energetic in the last bts. :D They probably only have two weeks of filming to go right? I hope he gets some proper rest after that and before filming his movie. 

Edit: And at 1:15 in the latest bts apparently the PD tells PMY there's some mud on her face, and PMY just says, "It's fine, it's fine." I love that she wasn't fussy about that.

• Like 7

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 10

by LollyPip

SecretaryKim10-00004.jpg

When this drama first began, I worried that Young-joon’s arrogant assurance of his own perfection would eventually grate on my nerves, but happily, he only gets cuter every time he touts his own perfection. I assumed he really did believe the things he says, but now it feels more like he’s letting us in on a joke, and it never gets old. And even with all his flaws, how can Mi-so not love a guy who’s been putting her needs first for a lot longer than she’s even realized?

12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Yes from some spoilers here, some chingues mentioned that LSY was kind of involved with helping the crazy lady kidnap YJ thats why he felt more guilty about his action. He also heard, (when YJ returned) all YJ nightmares of the kidnapping thats why he was able to write it in his novel an it was just lil snippets. But in YJ nightmares MS was never mentioned hence why he cant recall MS ever being there. See @princessfiana post on page 143 and above my post of this thread to get a clearer understanding of SY's mental state as well as his parents.

If I didnt know about these spoilers I wouldnt of picked up that SY was suffering this much.I didnt understand why YJ was so harsh on SY.  I thought yJ was cruel as since the minute he returned and tried to get along, all YJ did was shut him down and told him to pretty much get lost.  Its only now in later eps we get some clarification...  though i hope that this drama wont paint him being involved in the kidnapping. Otherwise SYcharacter is too sad. 

I think the crazy lady is the fathers exmistress. @kaoriharang is this right? as I dont think this drama will differ much with the novel or webtoon. I tend to think its so because from my experience of watching kdrama everything is related. Theres no coincidences in kdrama hahaha. But that aside the parents rela seems odd, as you are right and they do seem to be hiding something and father dearest is always eager to make sure his wife is happy and stressfree from their sons. I guess this is his way of making amends from having a crazy exmistress. I also think YJ knows about it hence why his rela with his father isnt as close as he is with his mother. This also explains why I  think YJ doesnt look up to his father esp knowing that he was unfaithful and was the cause of this whole ordeal. Maybe YJ feels his father is as incompetent as his older brother.

Good to see you here chingu, miss your insights. 

Im actually in the middle of rewatching this drama from ep 1 and now up to ep 8. Im trying to piece clues of the kidnapping ordeal. Just a question though, the kidnapper, KMS calls her "aunty". Maybe the Koreans especially children address every female older them  as "aunty" but I wonder if maybe she knows her as why else would a young lil girl willingly follow a stranger and take her hand...right? Could she be her father's new partner? does KMS knows the kidnapper?

Also the closet kiss scene in YT has hit over 1 mil views. :tounge_wink:

hey chingu (:

I am not really totally sure about SY's character but in the novel and webtoon, SY is more of a secondary character and not much of focus is totally drawn towards him. But I agree that he pitiful at times because he has never really been looked after by his parents.

Sadly or not chingu

Spoiler

SY is somewhat involve in the kidnapping actually. :(

Ah yes chingu you are right, in the novel that is the case. But the webtoon has a different version though. So I am not too sure if they plan to follow the novel or the webtoon. Because right now the show is taking elements from both the novel and the webtoon version.

But i have to admit that if they do follow the novel version, then it would create a bit more depth.

As for the 'aunty' part, at that point in time KMS still doesnt know who the lady is. In fact she still doesn't know because she was never the one who was kidnapped. She actually wandered into the house and only there the night. So she doesn't know anything.

In the novel version, the lady is the ex mistress and she kidnapped YJ because she knows him and the fact that she was a little insane at the time.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

As for the 'aunty' part, at that point in time KMS still doesnt know who the lady is. In fact she still doesn't know because she was never the one who was kidnapped. She actually wandered into the house and only there the night. So she doesn't know anything.

In the novel version, the lady is the ex mistress and she kidnapped YJ because she knows him and the fact that she was a little insane at the time.

Wait, KMS wasnt kidnapped? I thought she was.  Crazy kidnapper yelled at MS for crying and wanting to go home. Crazy lady said, "your fathers gone to work" did i hear wrong? 

So maybe MS does know this crazy kidnapper whom could also be her babysitter. Im not sure

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kasmic said:

Wait, KMS wasnt kidnapped? I thought she was.  Crazy kidnapper yelled at MS for crying and wanting to go home. Crazy lady said, "your fathers gone to work" did i hear wrong? 

So maybe MS does know this crazy kidnapper whom could also be her babysitter. Im not sure

KMS was kidnapped also. I watched at the WT, KMS woke up went outside their house then this lady saw her. She learned from MIso that her mom is in the hospital, told Miso to bring her there but she brought Miso to where YJ was. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Well in the novel and webtoon, KMS wasnt kidnapped. I am not sure how the drama would go with it, but both the webtoon and novel she was not kidnapped @lolly84 @attriste am I right?

I don't believe she was purposely kidnapped, like the lady singled her out, I know YJ was kidnapped but not MS.

This is why her parents and her sisters don't know that she went missing,when MS asks her sisters her sisters dont remember anything because she was only gone for the night and returned in the morning, the scene where MS and YJ part way (in the flashback).

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Well in the novel and webtoon, KMS wasnt kidnapped. I am not sure how the drama would go with it, but both the webtoon and novel she was not kidnapped @lolly84 @attriste am I right?

I don't believe she was purposely kidnapped, like the lady singled her out, I know YJ was kidnapped but not MS.

This is why her parents and her sisters don't know that she went missing,when MS asks her sisters her sisters dont remember anything because she was only gone for the night and returned in the morning, the scene where MS and YJ part way (in the flashback).

Yep, she was not kidnapped... but that event made her also as a prisoner 'cause that woman was crazy after all.

• Like 7