[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

poor vice chairman lee young joon :lol: he willing to do everything just to convice the sisters of misoo that he could be the boyfriend of misoo this scene is so funny and enjoyable and handsome park seo joon and beautiful park min young:wub:

LPo0LnJ.png

also those closets kiss scene is so hot:wub: they both professional and I noticed in the BTS the hand by seo joon is really very nice grasping because of minyoung;)and hopefully just my destiny that women would like park min young is really awesome dream haha:sweatingbullets:

Image result for why secretary kim closet kiss

• Like 13

July Drama Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim-Marry-Me-

Spoiler

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for dramas!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, communication, media coverage, community awareness, and viewership indexes of 25 popular dramas, using big data collected from June 6 to July 7.

tvN’s “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” topped the rankings for July with a brand reputation index of 13,988,047. High-ranking phrases in the drama’s keyword analysis included “Park Seo Joon” and “Park Min Young,” the two stars of the show, as well as “webtoon.” The drama’s highest-ranking related terms included “love,” “sweet,” and “heart-fluttering,” and its positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 75.65 percent positive reactions.

KBS 2TV’s “Marry Me Now” came in second for the month with a brand reputation index of 11,803,607, while “Mysterious Personal Shopper” took third place with an index of 7,157,346.

Check out the top 20 below!

1. “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim”
  2. “Marry Me Now”
  3. “Mysterious Personal Shopper”
  4. “Miss Hammurabi”
  5. “Suits”
  6. “Are You Human, Too?”
  7. Wok of Love
  8. Partners for Justice
  9. Come and Hug Me
  10. “Life on Mars”
  11. “TV Novel: Waves, Waves”
  12. Lawless Lawyer
  13. “I’m a Mother Too” (literal title)
  14. “Sunny Again Tomorrow”
  15. Goodbye to Goodbye
  16. The Rich Son
  17. “Sketch”
  18. The Undateables
  19. Secret Mother
  20. “Secrets and Lies”

Watch: “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Cast Turns Set Into Sea Of Laughter While Filming

Park-Min-Young-Park-Seo-Joon-Kang-Ki-You

Spoiler

TvN’s romantic comedy “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” released a behind-the-scenes video of the cast laughing non-stop while filming their scenes.

In the beginning of the clip, Kang Ki Young and Park Min Young are creeping up on the unsuspecting Park Seo Joon who is pretending to be asleep. Kang Ki Young loudly whispers, “Mr. Vice President, do you love your mom or dad more?” All three of them can’t hold back their laughter, and even the crew starts to laugh along.

In the next scene, Park Min Young and Park Seo Joon prepare to film the scene where he gives her a surprise back hug after waking up from his nap. After acting out the scene together, she worriedly asks if it looked like she purposely went into his embrace, and the director reassures her that it didn’t. Park Seo Joon takes all the credit, saying, “Excuse me, but as I pulled you along, I made you a spot,” making Park Min Young burst into another round of laughter.

The two lead actors are next at the house of Park Min Young’s character trying to film the scene where he attempts to make her call him “oppa.” Park Min Young perfectly acts out the flustered and awkward response of her character. When her character’s sisters (played by Baek Eun Hye and Heo Sun Mi) call her name, Park Min Young involuntarily responds “what?” when she wasn’t supposed to, making everyone laugh out loud once again.

Park Min Young and Park Seo Joon also film a scene where she attempts to hide him in the closet since her sister is here. Park Seo Joon keeps popping out of the closet though, claiming, “I’m Yoomyung Group’s vice president Lee Young Joon!” Fed up, Park Min Young asks, “Is there anything I can block [the closet] with?” The two actors also demonstrate their sincerity towards acting in the video as they monitor themselves after filming their kiss scene.

cr: soompi

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

I'm not sure if this was already posted (it probably was lol), but hope you don't mind me posting this again~ Yun DdanDdan's live performance of the latest OST. I really love this song~

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

What I really like she fell in love with him before finding out everything, it was though his actions  along he won her over not a connection to the past.

Remember the bought her a car and clothes and such not because he wants his secretary to look good just because it was her.

• Like 11

Thanks for the bts translations that made us all giddy.   

The phrase “Closet Kiss” is now “patented”  for use when referring to this drama only, lol!  :lol:  Kidding aside,    Our OTP and the director made it theirs, and they made it memorable. :):rolleyes:

Since the trauma will be tackled  pretty soon, I surmise from the preview,  could YJ please remind MS of her childhood statement  that they be married when they grow up?    While YJ has mentioned marriage several times, Miso was the first to say so, sealed with a pinky promise.   While it is a childhood thing and it could have ended up diffferently,  the thing is,  he found her too.  

These two are meant to be.  I know YJ is sparing her from remembering the horrible past, but then they do have the traumatic event that is common cause of their fears .   They have  9 long years working together, and not just because he  chased and won her during her one month notice.   Trust is there, he just has to be open.   .And her memories are back.   Talking honestly is now an urgent necessity. 

I trust their ability to be emotionally there for each other,  and heal as a couple.  Likewise,  happy thoughts and events big and small,  can fill up their emotions, until the trauma becomes truly just a memory.   Therefore it will be a happy ending.   There is no other way around it.  

Edited coz cannot post consecutively. 

• Like 12

16 hours ago, realistic2280 said:

I've rewatched ep1 and going to ep2 again... just wanna see how different YJ character was to MS before this... indeed, first part of 2nd episode shows that MS was mistaken to think that YJ wanted to show off his importance by being identified as the chairman son, rather than the person who saved her in the past....

As for the latest bts - great - kiss scene was great and yes, i guess both Parks were shy, more so MY since she stood up immediately. Not sure why, but wish they could date, though we all know their schedule will always be problematic, especially SJ, who is now one of the hottest young actors around -  sigh...

I just realized, around ep 5 or 6 when MS decided to follow SY to return to the redevelopment area, YJ refused to let MS go with SY. At first i think MS hates YJ because of his jealousy and inconsiderate manner. But now once I completed watching all the eps I thought about it, YJ was always a considerate guy as he tries so hard to avoid the 'childhood topic' because he doesn't want MS to remember the horrifying incidence that happened long time ago.

I felt sympathy for YJ because he's the 'oppa'  that MS was looking for all the time but he has to endure and not make a sound. Even when number of times when MS mentioned SY was the 'oppa' she was looking for. YJ showed his hidden emotion with his teary eyes. I can feel he is sad deep down inside as he can't reveal the truth but allow SY to 'steal the credit' of being her 'oppa'

• Like 13

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 9

by LollyPip

SecretaryKim09-00126.jpg

Love is weird enough when two average people are involved, but when someone like Young-joon falls in love, he does it big. He’s changing in ways that the whole company notices, and all for the better, though they don’t quite know what to do with a vice president who suddenly makes his own copies. But he doesn’t know when to stop, which could cause a problem that can’t be resolved with a simple apology.

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-9/

• Like 12

On 7/6/2018 at 9:17 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@kaoriharang I don't think that the woman who kidnapped LYJ was the mistress of his father. The interaction between the mother and father actually shows how much the father is paying attention to his wife. He notices very quickly, when she is unhappy and worried. The look she gave to her husband was different: from my point of view, she seems to be the one who decided to get along with the lie and her husband just followed her decision. We can see that the husband will do anything for her...

Now, I understand why LYJ lied to KMS all this time. He had realized that she had forgotten the whole incident which he wished, he would have forgotten himself. He also connected her fear of spider to the kidnapping. When he heard that she had never really forgotten the oppa, he wanted to avoid the topic as he feared that she might remember the kidnapping. However, LYJ doesn't know that his brother is not responsible: it was the whole situation (woman hanging in the air, dark hair and red shoes) that triggered her memory.

I don't think that KMS will be mad at LYJ for lying to her... In fact, she will feel even more sorry for LYJ who had kept this traumatic experience to himself all this time. The parents need to know that he never had amnesia. All this must be uncovered next week. 

Well, I can't wait for some of the mystery to unfold because my analysis is a little all over the place.

I don't know about the relationship of the father and mother in the past, but this woman could have had some connection to the father. Yes the husband is paying attention to his wife, but it could be that the trauma the family went through taught him a lesson. He probably goes along with her out of guilt. Regardless of that mystery for which I am curious, there is a secret that it seems the parents wanted to keep away from the boys--not necessarily for the sake of both kids, just one. I had wondered if the oldest son was the product of another relationship the father had. I question why this woman targeted the youngest son and not the oldest one or both; why did they lie to the newspaper about it being the oldest son? Were they protecting the oldest son or the youngest one or were they protecting some other secret that could probably harm the company? It's common for kidnappers to kidnap the heir to a company, not necessarily the second son. As I said, I have questions.

When LYJ and KMS first met, he tried to give her hints as to who he was...little things he would say to her that we saw in flashbacks. It was in a flashback scene at a company dinner that he realized she didn't remember him. We could see his look of disappointment.  I got the impression that he was questioning his own memories at times. The oldest brother was also there at the kidnapping site and that's why he's having vivid memories of the scene, but I think his purpose for being there was different. I agree about the spiders. As I mentioned in a post a few pages back,  LYJ understanding her fear of spiders stems back to what he told her about the horrible shadows cast by the kidnapper hanging herself---a spider hangin on a web.

I don't think LYJ not being completely honest with KMS was to protect her from not remembering the kidnapping, I think it's because so many years of being told to keep it a secret and not talk about it, assuming the identity of someone else is a hard habit to break. He's been waiting for her to remember him.

At this point, I think KMS is trying to figure out why the whole family is lying about who was kidnapped. Her heart is breaking for LYJ because she knows he suffered, but at the same time has not been able to freely discuss it. That became clear after speaking to his mother.

Any who, I'm looking forward to this week's episode. Not only do I see your point of view and can agree with it, however, I also have these other thoughts and questions that I'm trying to reconcile.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, seoyounggg said:

HI Seoyoungg ---

:) I just finish rewatching all episodes - ep1 to 10... not sure why, perhaps I just go the time... hahha..

Anyways, i think it was explained earlier that YJ had protected MS ever since she came to work for his company, after he realised who she was. That was nice, though, the love trigger only came after MS wanted to resign.

I'm curious with a few things

1. Why did YJ said - who is the one rushing it? - in ep9, when they confirmed their relationship and YJ, again, on his 3rd proposal, wanted to marry MS. What did YJ mean in that sentence? Is he referring to MS who wanted to resign hence he had to ask her hand for marriage? Or because MS confessed hence did he think MS was rushing it?

2. Snippets of a few episodes shows that Older Brother was jealous of his parents attention to YJ (the dinner that Mom forced YJ to attend by leaving her bag with MS, asking MS to persuade YJ to go back and eat dinner) - perhaps there lies the whole reason - Older brother  was just jealous of YJ who was smart in everything, but he wasnt. Faking his trauma was perhaps a way to keep peace in the family, after all he was mean to YJ even in school.

3. I like that subbed episodes started off with the leads saying - I like you - (chua)which is vastly different from - I love you - (sarang) in some translation in other dramas. As we know, I like you doesnt mean love and it always irritates me when we know they said "like" initially, but it is translated as "love".  In latest episodes, the word 'oppa' is very precious but if you see the translation, when MS said 'op" - translators write it as "Young..." which is technically not right. It should probably be "bro..." (as in brother?). Anyways, just wanna share some thoughts on this.

4. I like that YJ is listening to his best buddy advice on relationship with MS, he is indded his best friend and he cares for him, as what he said in the car when he covered his eyes from seeing MS entering Older Brother car... Sigh.. everyone is driving Mersati!

5. Yong Joon car number is not the same as earlier episodes - just saying :ph34r:

6. How many more product placement will we see - hopefully no subways, ok....

7. Just wanna say, until when is YJ going to ask MS to go to his house to arrange his library - she went like 2 or 3 times already for that reason - fishy :D

8. When i saw the library, where they were trapped briefly due to power failure - reminded me of LSG's Hwayugi - im sure it was filmed at the same place - the library.

9. TVN wouldn't have award ceremony for us to see this two again... sigh... They should do annual award ceremonies since TVN is getting popular!

10. What did PSJ and PMY promised if their show went over 10%  - serving coffee? We need to see that... haha... Congrats WWWSK's team for achieving high rating! - I've rewatched the drama, Im probably going to rewatch Healer next... hahaa:D

• Like 7

On 7/6/2018 at 6:44 AM, lclarakl said:

I have to wonder why the parents went alone with this for 24 years. I don't think there is any reason to carry on this lie for 24 years. It's like they tried to brainwash their own kids to believe a lie instead of he truth.

I'm SMH at the parents too, did they really think that by going along w/this lie was a good thing? Now SY who mentally couldn't process the guilt of leaving his brother alone. Making it easy for the kidnapper to grab him. He was allowed to take over YJ's life. Did they really think that YJ couldn't remember who he was? By ignoring what happened 24 years ago, they succeeded in making the situation worse.     

@princessfiana Thank you for giving the backstory of how SY was allowed to take over YJ's life. 

On 7/6/2018 at 11:43 AM, aisling said:

Shout out to Changsung and Hwang Bo Ra to make me laugh like crazy every single time. Some people might find them annoying but I really love their antics. :lol:

BTW what was the your most funny scene so far?

I agree with @martanur It has to be the push up pad falling out. You just knew it was going to happen but it still was hilarious. 

• Like 11