[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

3 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Yup. At this point if Joon confesses he's going to be rightfully rejected. because the two are playing on different fields. Right now he's going forth doing the things he has assuming they are dating/he's wooing her. Meanwhile our girl Mi So is out here doing these things thinking it's an extension of her job and like he has said, it's a gratitude dinner from a boss to his soon to be former employee. She's not seeing these things in the romantic "date me" way he is secretly implying them as, and that will be his downfall. Did he not watch Reply 1988!?!? If you like the girl tell her, don't he secretly nice leaving Christmas gift gloves to her brother to give, coming in the rain with an umbrella, or going to concerts you hate just to please her (lawds will I ever get over the heart break of Jung Hwan?). Freaking tell her before you chese playing looking kind of dopey everyone takes care of him other BFF comes in and be the forefront hero who was always the hero in the back, and get the girl...*deep breath stops self from falling into 88 feels*  

Lee Joon needs to sincerely explain to secretary Kim that he doesn't just see her as secretary Kim, he sees her as Kim Mi So the woman (which we the audience know because in his talks with her, he often switches from secretary Kim, to Kim Mi So when it's about feelings and just liking her because she is a tailored suit -only he would confess love as a perfectly made suit-) and want her to act accordingly and treat/interact with him as Kim Mi So. TELL HER YOU DUNCE BEFORE YOUR MAYBE EVIL BROTHER WORMS HIS WAY INTO HER HEART AND HAS HER CONFLICTED JUST TO ADD DRAMA TO THE DRAMA AND TORTURE ME FOR LIKE 8 EPS OR SO!!!

Yes-exactly what I am afraid of-if there is one trope I hate in the few kdramas I have watched and in western dramas come to think of it is love triangles. I hate them building up the second lead when you know what the real love story is and this love triangle is just to artificially introduce conflict.

I know there is 16 episodes to fill out here but I think there is enough drama brewing on the horizon. Mi So is going to eventually leave and get started investigating her past. This will lead to flashbacks and reactions etc. YJ and Mi So will have to evaluate how they work apart, but there will be more interactions as I see YJ will be pursuing her romantically while trying to keep Mi So from knowing the truth about their past and seeing how this has affected her (fear of spiders and so on). Mi So will be going on blind dates with the reporter as he tells her what he finds out the truth and she will then interact with YJ as she comes closer to the truth and he becomes anxious. She may become closer to the brother then as he may cloud the truth and delude her into thinking that he is her saviour from the past. It will come to a head romantically as she confronts her feelings for YJ (as he learns not to be such an idiot around her) and she discovers the truth of their past. Then they will be in a relationship while YJ and the brother come to an understanding and the brother leaves then (or before hopefully). This will leave plenty of time for them to get used to each other and the personal dynamics will be recalibrated into a more equal partnership that doesn't leave Mi So keeping her feelings to herself and doing everything he tells her and YJ being more aware of others and having the personal development to care for others outside of his personal bubble. They will come to terms with the past (the past 9 years and their childhood trauma) and heal from all the traumas and mistakes of the past.

Evil/sick brothers,  love  triangles and manipulation is not needed in this show when you have this trauma in the past affecting the leads to this level. This show has never met a kdrama trope it didn't utilise but it really isn't needed. I really hope they don't torture us with a love triangle when it is clear to all that YJ and Mi So are gold together and forcing them apart and into angst when there is plenty enough angst to go around. On a personal level, i hate having to waste time watching the female lead with the second male lead when there is no real support or chemistry in their relationship when it is so obvious (ESPECIALLY in this drama) that the male lead and female lead should be together. It is a crime not to have the leads on screen together for as much time as possible when the chemistry, dialogue, storyline etc is so smoking hot and sizzling like here between YJ and Mi So. They look so good together and their acting is incredible as a team. I like the brother (he is hot) but messed up in the head but does anyone in the audience really want him as competition for Mi So's heart? Nope -we want more time with the leads interacting adorably and having sparks! No love triangle for any serious amount of time (the only reason I want a tiny amount of it may be for YJ having a jealous hurt reaction for two minutes lol-just want him to suffer enough so that he knows he loves Mi So lol I am awful but no more. No serious torture for the viewers where she seriously contemplates a real relationship with the brother when we know that it is not a good option for her. PLEASE!!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@theonlyone88, thanks for the spoilers, but now, I'm so sad and angry for YJ. He was just a child. His parents should have looked after him better, and not dumped so much on him. And, I only have a very little sympathy for SY. Perhaps as a kid, I could understand somewhat his frustration at not being as good as his little brother, but he's no longer a child. He's more than old enough to face the actual truth rather than harassing his little brother still. And,  poor little MS left on her own to deal with being kidnapped. Didn't her family realize that something had happened to MS overnight? Children are not good about keeping things from their parents and family. So, to me, it means that MS probably tried to tell someone, but was brushed off as a fanciful child. So, yep, now I'm totally upset for YJ and MS.

And now that they're adults. YJ remembers everything, including having recognized MS while MS is still struggling with her hazy memories. I can't wait until she remembers YJ properly.

Shoot. I thought I was in for a lightweight rom-com. I guess I should have known better with the quality of talent in PSJ and PMY attached to the project. While the drama has light, funny moments, I don't think I'll be able to view it in the same way any more, especially now realizing how much of YJ's attitudes and manners are probably defense mechanisms. Even his reluctance to get personal with women is probably not a result of his narcissism as I had been thinking in the early episodes, but most likely manifested trauma from that childhood incident. And, MS is the exception because she had been with him back then, and he had had to protect her. 

YJ has also clearly come to rely on MS and to love her, even though he hasn't been able to convey it for those 9 years that they worked together. Now with his confession, I hope that YJ and MS are able to figure out their true feelings for each other, and actually, I guess they will. :wink:

I think MS, for her part, may not be in love with YJ, but there is a connection and a familiarity there that will be sorely missed if she didn't have it any more. And, it perhaps could have turned into love with a little encouragement and a little less determination to find her childhood "oppa". I am so looking forward to MS finding out that YJ is her childhood oppa who protected her from the dangerous spider. :D

Agree with all of this-I have heard complaints that this show is so fluffy and light and lbr all the tropes that it is hitting makes it feel like a typical rom com but now knowing the true background everything is more layered. Where I excused the narcissism as typical chaebol behaviour turned up to 11=now you can see it as a defence mechanism against the trauma of his experience that night and him relying and not wanting his secretary to leave not as childish entitled behaviour but as letting the only person he trusted from the past into his life and looking out for her when she was vulnerable and being aware of sensitive issues of her past when she doesn't remember but still feels the trauma of that night but not knowing the source of her anguish.

I think they have done a good job of leading viewers into watching this fluffy show not knowing the angst that is ready to pop with YJ even there has been little hints with the nightmares and fights with his brother which has always been glossed over with the fluffy narcissism of YJ which is funny on its own and of course his angsty shower scenes after his nightmares probably made viewers concentrate on the "superficial"-cos who wouldn't be distracted by PSJ and his abs???!!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm starting to feel like it could be LYJ who is KMS's oppa and she was very traumatize that she forgot about him

It's definitely him, she's trying to find him. I was thinking that it was sad that she forgot but maybe not since she was so traumatized by it. The mind has a way of protecting you when you are young. Now that she's older she will be able to process it. I do feel bad for Young Joon since he thinks she forgot him. Poor guy, if he needs a hug this noona is willing to help him through this tough time.evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif  

@aisling I went looking for your purse since @Ondine found it, I'll post the one I love

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree that the father made a mistake but it has nothing to do with favoritism. In my opinion, since the kidnapping the parents must feel guilty after what LYJ had been put through and have tried to overcompensate the pain.

I agree they are not showing favoritism either but they are trying to make up for the trauma. LSY has to also realize that he has been away for years. The parents see LYJ all of the time, they are more familiar w/what's going on w/him than LSY. That's why the conversation also got directed to LYJ's way. 

Omo chingus company just arrived for the weekend I'll be back when I can sneak awaysteal-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, Igotcaughtdancingagain said:

thank you sis @labyrinth525for this additional info.  yeah saw some of the illustrations from the webtoon and I am thrilled just thinking how the drama will render those scenes especially the skinships hihihi.

Can’t wait for next episode. I want to know if they will have this ...

Spoiler

Kiss on the forehead :blush:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, theonlyone88 said:

I read chinese version on webtoon at qqcomics which is until chapter 198 and will offer your spoilers on the plot.

Hide contents

Both Mi So and Young Joon were kidnapped by a woman who was a mistress and got pregnant then lost her baby and got dumped by the man. They were 5 and 9 years at that time, Young Joon got brought to the redevelopment area that became the amusement park by his brother who wanted to abandon him as he was jealous of him and the attention that he was receiving from their parents. Young Joon met the woman there, was drugged and locked up with his hands and legs tied with cable tie. Mi So was took there after 3 days when she got up in the middle of the night, ran out looking after her mother then got tricked by the same women to where Young Joon was locked up and was also tied with cable tie.

The women wanted to kill both of them to accompany her in death but after some imploring by Young Jun decided to commit suicide instead, witnessing the women commit suicide but unable to do anything to help her thus became the trauma for him. To prevent Mi So from witnessing the same thing, he tricked her into thinking that the women was a huge giant spider that would kill her if she saw her, thus Mi So's  fear of spiders. His scar was created as he had to crawled to the women after she killed herself to get the scissors to cut away the cable tie and injured himself further but he cut both their cables and sent her home and she wanted to marry him and she grew up. 

Young Joon 's name was originally not this name but Seung _____ but when he got home after his kidnapping, he realised that his brother got too guilty at the kidnapping that he imagined himself being the target of kidnapping instead becoming violent and lashing out at Young Joon for the bullying and  kidnapping. It became an unhealthy situation at home and with the parents at a loss to what to do with the father suggested sending the brother to the mental hospital, thus Young Joon faked anesthesia  pretending to have forgotten anything and even apologising to his brother. The parents thus changed his name and pretended that his brother was the subject of the kidnapping instead.  As such, all this while Young Joon knew who Mi So was and also got her as his secretary for that reason.

Mi So  originally thought that the brother was the one who was kidnapped with her but Young Joon's mother told her that the one who was kidnapped wore a custom made designer shirt from a famous designer which Young Joon's brother did not have and that shirt was wore the day he was kidnapped and also the shirt in her memories . Thus, she knew that Young Joon was the brother in her dreams.

The chinese version of webtoon still ongoing and stopped where Mi So and Young Joon just officially became a couple and went for a vacation to celebrate Christmas. There will be a number of skinship moments including backhugs, few passionate kisses and a bed scene.

Delurking just to say thank you!!!  :)

the second kdrama I'm into after hwayugi, and I'm loving WWWSK, and was dying to know more !!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi anyone having reading the webtoon on the Chinese site? I tried and it says (I used google translate to understand) "Because of policy reasons, comics are blocked, please support genuine comics".

Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, minwoojin said:

Episode 3-4 BTS!

Yay! Too bad the rollercoaster bit isn't there, but the couch scene was funny. Mi So's hair is too perky, ha! And Seo Joon stretched out while looking into the camera seductively in the end...A+++!

I'm also amazed at the view counts on the show's clips on TVN Drama's Youtube channel. The clip of the last scene in episode 4 has 240,000+ views, whoa!

Edited by Ondine
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, lagaland said:

Hi anyone having reading the webtoon on the Chinese site? I tried and it says (I used google translate to understand) "Because of policy reasons, comics are blocked, please support genuine comics".

Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

Ok I managed to figure this out! You can only read it on its mobile site I believe 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Yay! Too bad the rollercoaster bit isn't there, but the couch scene was funny. Mi So's hair is too perky, ha! And Seo Joon stretched out while looking into the camera seductively in the end...A+++!

I'm also amazed at the view counts on the show's clips on TVN Drama's Youtube channel. The clip of the last scene in episode 4 has 240,000+ views, whoa!

Yes that bit at the end where he was looking at the camera-had to fan myself from the sparks-how PMY is able to jump on him repeatedly without laughing hysterically or dying of embarrassment is beyond me!

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, kdramaznoob said:

Yes that bit at the end where he was looking at the camera-had to fan myself from the sparks-how PMY is able to jump on him repeatedly without laughing hysterically or dying of embarrassment is beyond me!

PMY is too cool for us mere mortals. She was even the one instructing him on how to do the pull-tumble maneuver. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

I love the cheesiness of this drama. the comic relief added to it is is just brilliant. Who else thinks that PSJ is her childhood oppa? IT is very obvious but for some reason the older brother might be the one as well..  any other hints?? 

• Like 4

For those who read and know the spoiler.

Now the line where YJ says to MS “There are two people who should never call me inconsiderate. One is my hyung, and the other is you, Kim Mi-so. Remember that." in EP 2.

Those who know the backstory between MS, SY and YJ would understand why now he said those line.

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

9 Heart-Fluttering Moments From Episodes 3 And 4 Of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”

Park-Min-Young-Park-Seo-Joon5.jpg

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” has only aired four episodes, but it has already quickly become one of my favorite K-dramas at the moment. I think a lot of the reason for its success has to do with the two main leads — Park Min Young and Park Seo Joon. Their acting and chemistry are really carrying the story! Here’s a look at 9 of those heart-fluttering moments from episodes three and four that really had us super excited.

Me.

whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim.gif

Read more : https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/15/9-heart-fluttering-moments-episodes-3-4-whats-wrong-secretary-kim/

• Like 12