[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

larus

Been wondering where the USB went... Wanna bet that Joon-Joon have it? I just remembered they played with it while the adults were busy with Bon.

Oh, and the Doc just now will appear again to help with JYT, I think... since the stills we saw in IG was him in the medical scrubs. Why there are wounds on his face though? And I miss watching Yoon Sang Hyun btw.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! :)

Just jumping in to say - this drama, the top notch  acting between the 2 leads, the adorable twins, the KIS vs NIS crew, her nutsville ex boss and his bizarre antics ... the pacing, the humour ... such a warm, and hilariously entertaining captivating combination.

So much so Terrius is my top Wed-Thur drama to look out for ... and it really was a hard fight between solid So Ji-sub :heart: and Choi Jin-hyuk's delicious gravelly voice. :wub: 

Just jumping in to say - for those who cannot understand how she can fall for him so soon:

= empathy (mutual): him for how hassled she was as a home-maker, and later as widow.  her for how lonely his existence seemed to be - bread for meals, and his sterile prestine apt.

= for a stay-home housewife who's (dead) husband cldn't see/understand her, largely took her for granted (even her miserly thrifty resourceful ways were not appreciated and all he could jump onto was how much she was spending/wasting at a bakery. rather than question how 'out of the norm' it was for her to be spending). All those indicate that communication/connection between them had been dead for a long time. Sit in on enough marriage counselling sessions/legal court cses between couples - you see the same underlying patterns, and finances are also part of it. 

If that relation ship had dragged on - it might be seperation and eventual divorce.  They just 'existed' but were not connected = many couples live like that ... there're little or no feelings left but they're still together, seemingly like a family. Status-quo, for those who stay together for the kids ... or are too afraid to rock the boat  (another case in pt was the recent Ji-sung drama which just ended its run).

Yes Jung In-sin (beautiful acting!)  has some attachment left to dead husband, yes it was a sad mysterious yet connected to NIS end for Yang Dong-geun .... but the couple had drifted apart. There was also resentment, on both sides and that's always kinda toxic.

Bon can see her for who she is/what she was doing as a mom, and yet also appreciate that she was intelligent .... and most importantly - he was supportive at the right time. And doing all her could to help her grow.

So Ji-sub was a breath of fresh air who actually observed (a very strong trait of his, in all roles plus attention to detail) and validated her feelings. Even before he felt empathy for her ... and then fell for her bec she's such a warm,  genuinely nice caring person. (I didn't watch Waikiki despite all the hype but I just might pick up Naked Fireman for Jung In-sun).

2 hours ago, aisling said:

He really really wanted to nose kiss her! The longing in his eyes.... my heart!

I know. This scene was soo adorable and had such a strong relationship of them all. It was also Bon's goodbye to the twins. He wished he was able to say goodbye to Ae Rin, too.

I really like the small romance building up between Bon and Ae Rin. Both characters lost their true love ones and slowly healing with each other and helping one another. 

Today's episode was good. I just had to ruin it for myself and watched it. It was really good.

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I thought it was a cute cameo by Yoon Sang Hyun. The character that he plays in the cameo has mannerisms that are typical of a number of his characters including from Shopping King Louis and Secret Garden.

The moment I saw him I said, "It's Oska!"  :lol:

Didn't Bon leave the car at the bridge?  And he jumped off?  Logical sequence would be NIS would impound it or something?  How is it he has the car back in possession again to drive to meet JYT?  :huh:. I wish he would've taken the Range Rover instead.  That would sit better with going into hiding.  That blue sports car just screams "look at me!!".  I get that they are trying to spoof the spy elements but some mistakes are just too glaring to overlook.

Besides that, I love the bandaid face.  :lol:. The scenes with the twins, Bon and AR are what keep me watching.  For me it's the main plot, the other stuff is just fluff.  In fact I would say that even lady with red shoes plot isn't keeping me interested.  It's the twins and Bon.  They will probably keep me watching till the end.

I like how AR keeps showing all of these impressive skills and surprising everyone around her with the ingenuity and strength she has. And what is great is that Bon sees that in her and appreciates it, which I feel that her husband had not. I am sure that they loved each other, but it seemed like they really didn't understand each other to support the other as they needed. 

With Bon, though they do not know everything about each other, they seem to understand each other on an emotional level. And as a result, they support each other.

Even though Bon was in hiding, his little notes to her to let her know that he was ok and was still watching out for her was a form of support in my mind. And since she knew a bit more about his past, she was able to understand and support his need to stay in hiding for the time being...but that didn't stop her from taken care of him in her own way anyways. lol

Watching with subs, I actually teared up during the process of Bon leaving AR and JJ... :tears:

So the person who closed up Operation Candy is a guy. Now I'm starting to suspect Shim again... hm... because 2 persons are involved, someone sent the email about J-Intl and another person received the email. And the way he questioned Yoo about Bon... just very suspicious... seemingly want to take care of Bon, but somehow I sensed that he was digging for more information....

@stroppyse thanks for translating the clips. I always like to read your translation because it is usually clearer than the subs out there. If you can have a look, what are the writing on the candy wrappers that Bon left for AR?

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

Didn't Bon leave the car at the bridge?  And he jumped off?  Logical sequence would be NIS would impound it or someaning?  How is it he has the car back in possession again to drive to meet JYT?  :huh:. I wish he would've taken the Range Rover instead.  That would sit better with going into hiding.  That blue sports car just screams "look at me!!".  I get that they are trying to spoof the spy elements but some mistakes are just too glaring to overlook.

Maybe he has another car just like that? LOL.... He's loaded for sure, he wears a Tiffany and Co watch :lol:

It's true some of the editing does not make sense. For example the spot where AR jumped into the river in relation to the spot Bon jumped from the bridge. There were other editing bloops I spotted from earlier episodes too, but I can easily overlook them because I just love the show. Yeah I'm biased, lol...

I also love the way the writer is developing the romance. They'd both lost people they cared about, and aren't at the "romance" stage yet; just looking out for each other and being friends. Their relationship is growing very naturally(for a drama, at least. lol) and I love that. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I'm not sure that SM is Red Heels after all. Not sure why. I think it's perhaps a red herring of some kind. From this episode, it seems to me that she's a loan collector of some kind. :) 

Aint she just worried that her (handsome) husband might having an affair so she hired a detective to investigate that? And the red heel is spotted in sang ryeol's apartment not sunmi right? So she's totally out of frame now i guess. 

But i wonder why red heel keep speaking in english? And kis suddenly open up a topic abt sending their children to english school and they also mentioned that sunmi's husband have american citizenship.... could it be that sunmi's husband are currently having an affair with that red heel?? 

P/s: eventho the red heel is spotted in sangryeol's apartment i do still think that the red heel is someone else living in apartment. Bc i remember how sangryeol's wife spoke in perfect korean asking sang ryeol to turn off the tv before while here she just spoke with fully english as if she dont know how to speak korean while talking to that hee chul resemblance. So i dont think they are the same person.. but again im not sure tho

@ktcjdrama yep insu jung is jyt's real identity..

Is Insu Jung the real identity of JYT? I forgot. Have to check back to the episode when his real identity was researched by DW. Still outside so cannot check now. 

It is interesting that there is a parallel of the story AR read to the kids about golden clover. Bon will be back after he found the secret behind golden clover. In the mean time, I am going to miss Bon and JJ's interaction. :( 

11 hours ago, jus-ash said:

Just jumping in to say - for those who cannot understand how she can fall for him so soon:

= empathy (mutual): him for how hassled she was as a home-maker, and later as widow.  her for how lonely his existence seemed to be - bread for meals, and his sterile prestine apt.

= for a stay-home housewife who's (dead) husband cldn't see/understand her, largely took her for granted (even her miserly thrifty resourceful ways were not appreciated and all he could jump onto was how much she was spending/wasting at a bakery. rather than question how 'out of the norm' it was for her to be spending). All those indicate that communication/connection between them had been dead for a long time. Sit in on enough marriage counselling sessions/legal court cses between couples - you see the same underlying patterns, and finances are also part of it. 

If that relation ship had dragged on - it might be seperation and eventual divorce.  They just 'existed' but were not connected = many couples live like that ... there're little or no feelings left but they're still together, seemingly like a family. Status-quo, for those who stay together for the kids ... or are too afraid to rock the boat  (another case in pt was the recent Ji-sung drama which just ended its run).

Hi there!! I really like the analysis you got here. I agree with you that they lack some level of clear communication there, but I want to push back on why that's not enough for AR to fall quickly for Bon: while they have communication problem, as soon as the husband realized that he didn't treat his wife right, he cleaned up the house and left money for her so she could buy things. So, this is not to say that they are back in the game and all is well just because of those gestures, but it means that if he was alive, they could have worked things out and improve their communication. Secondly, if this ended in a divorce, it would be way easier for AR to fall for Bon. However, it ends with him dying suddenly, and that creates disruption in the relationship and possibly, she couldn't find a closure for the marriage, as opposed to a divorce.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Now I'm starting to suspect Shim again... hm... because 2 persons are involved, someone sent the email about J-Intl and another person received the email. And the way he questioned Yoo about Bon... just very suspicious... seemingly want to take care of Bon, but somehow I sensed that he was digging for more information....

I have been doubting Shim all this time, but he's just getting more and more suspicious! Like you said, he's asking a lot about Bon, he seemed to be very interested in the fact that Bon had the evidence file and demanded that Ji Yeon told him if she found Bon... I feel like if it's not Kwon, then it's him, and Kwon doesn't seem like the right one because she's very fixated on the fact that Bon is a spy just so she can rationalize her only failed mission. 

Unrelated but I think Red Heel is Candy.. that's the only female character that is significant enough to appear again and still be a bit of a surprise and a plot twist. But it would be really interesting if Red Heel is in the KIS though.

Also, I have to say I love that AR got rescued by Ji Yeon, and Bon got rescued by AR. Like YESS!! Active women saving each other and saving others!! No more hero and damsel in distress! I was half-expecting that AR will just break down (like most other female lead) when Bon fell into the water, but she immediately got into action before Ji Yeon even moved. She is such a good female lead I adore her :heart: :heart:

The romantic plot is slow for me tbh... I thought Bon disappearing is going to be a time for AR to sit down and think about how she felt when he's not here and her not knowing how he's doing, and that she finally realizes how she feels when he's gone, but he appeared right back into her life with the notes (not saying that the notes aren't cute, the notes exchange things are so adorable that I'm like why can't this happen when they're already datingggg) 

Lastly, anyone worries for JYT? My first reaction to that last scene is how is JYT gonna survive if both of them are on the run and are hunted :flushed: Hopefully Bon have some medical skills up on his sleeves!

@galaxy97 yeah that piqued my interest.  Things of note that I picked out

1. Remember how Bon said something about Yura's Mom (I forget her name, is it SunMi?) during that fortune telling session?  Did he imply that Yura was not her biological child?

2. I found it weird that KIS when they were talking in this Ep kept referring to her husband as Yura's father...doesn't he have a name?  Are they so distant that they just talk about him as some third party?  It's just an odd way of talking but maybe Koreans talk like that?  Almost as if SunMi is his second Wife and Yura's biological Mom left or died?  So potentially the biological Mom could be red heels?  And the whole speaking in English segment early on and chatter about English schools would tie in as well.

3. The Private Investigator explains the man (I thought it was K initially) she was talking to in the cafe when Bon saw her after the driving lesson with AR.

@nrllee its common. To be referred to as father or mother of ( insert child's name ). Its nothing to do with being distant from the spouse.

I was passing by quickly and read some comments about AR's mother being a diver. I presume that someone caught the haenyeo references. However we are talking about the Han River right? The big fat river where it is actually not that easy to find the riverbank. And brain death occurs in 4 min. Even without water in the lungs from secondary drowning. And its dirty. And cloudy.

So I laughed as I watched this. Our superhero female lead.

Random thoughts about episode 9...

Just home after a long day of work! Could I just say again how funny and comforting this show is? I'm 13 minutes into episode 9. AR keeping her promise to Bon was glorious!

Spoiler

(suspend disbelief and don't ask how she knew where to dive...)

Then the kids 

Spoiler

treating Bon's wounds while he's asleep, patching ban-aids all over his face and arms...

...cracked me up so hard! :joy: I love this show! It spreads so much happiness and lighthearted laughter, lol!

(Still wanna know: will we ever see a tender moment between AR & Bon?)

The twins are so darn cute! They're great actors! <3

They're such a real family already. It's so heartwarming! :wub:

Spoiler

AR & Bon almost nose-kissed!! :joy:

Oh, the OST... :wub:

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

(still wanna know: will we ever see a tender moment between AR & Bon?)

Sometimes i do wish that they make this drama into 20 ep drama instead of 16. Feel like it's not enough to see their tender moment later as the progress are still so slow rn.

Abt that diving thingy and how it was so nonsense that Bon still alive after being in the water for at least more than 4 minutes, i will just ignore it lol (it also obvious that water looks more like a swimming pool rather than han river :joy: ) but like @ktcjdrama im more than willing to let that aside..im  biased too lol

Archived