Jump to content

[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사


Admin

Recommended Posts

Oh, no, no, no, NO! What did I just witness?! They are not about to do this! They did not just go there! Are you serious right now?! LJG, you cannot just do things like this, knowing what it will do to your fanbase! Why you gotta do us like that?! WHY ME???!!! That's not fair and you know it! Look you all know I stay away from the spoilers until after I see the episode but why didn't you all warn me it was going to get steamy?! I SO WASN'T READY!!!

AiB.gif

But those biceps though...

giphy.gif

And come to think of it... Where was this when I needed in it Scarlet Heart Ryeo, huh?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

 

I’ve tried but i’m not just into them so i didn’t finish watching. One thing is sure though, he was consistently good on those films.

 

 

 

 

:heart:

 

 

 

 

Regarding the kissing scene, i think such scene is his achilees heel. I want to unsee it if only it’s possible because to me it was awkward. I felt like he was not really into the scene. That he did it half heartedly. I maybe alone in this observation though. 

 

Hi Everyone ^^ 

Happy to see that we've got the highest ratings!

 

I kinda agree with your comment @anonymouschic. The kissing scene was good but awkward at the same time. So I hope we will have another kissing scene! We deserve it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man! Episode 6 had some steamy scenes! It was a great surprise! And I love how they did not lose the focus on the plot despite the love developing between our leads. Oh, I love the new addition to the gang too! Such feistiness! I'm excited to see the next episode already! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2018 at 10:39 AM, sal2 said:

wow, fast relationship development! I am kinda worried that there gonna be angst in future episode. but if this is done to make a strong OTP and we gonna see them build a strong law firm and fighting corruption together, and  help other client in between I am all for it. who need angst when we can see them growing in their career and become top lawyer :D hope that what the writer have in mind!

5

I hope there is no angst in store for our OTP,  I agree they have enough going on w/the baddies, fighting Judge Cha's machine. That I hope we get some more back hugs, kissing and at least another bed scenelaugh-cute-cat-emoticon.gifWe don't need any angst.

 

@bebebisous33 I keep going back and forth about Jae Yi's father. How could he not know that his wife was working against the corruption in this town? If he is brainwashed by the Cha's, then he could have been involved w/her disappearance/murder. I would like to think that he is just scared of them and he's protecting his daughter. It's better for Jae Yi to have a coward for a father than some brainwashed psycho. But the way he acts like Judge Cha is his family's  savior, I'm now I'm leaning towards the later, poor Jae Yi  :(

 

@antoniaclamens Thank you for checking TBDW, I don't think that the romance came too soon in this drama but had forgotten that the OTP slept together in the first episodes of that one too. TBDW is classic in my book. It didn't ruin that drama, it won't ruin this one either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RobinM said:

 It was meant to be a tender, sweet  yet sexy moment. They weren’t into being aggressive or lustfull right then. They hit the right notes IMO.  

 

@RobinM Hi there I was lurking but had to un-lurk because I am loving this drama' had been enjoying reading all the posts and I agree with your comment about the kiss. It was appropriate for the story-line at the moment. 

 

I thought the depiction of the kiss was so poignant and beautiful and agree that tender is the word. He was waiting for her at the office, he seemed worried and when she finally showed up he told her to inform him if she had to work offsite. She said nothing, she finally understood and empathized, she needed that hug as much as he did when she back hugged him. He also understood that she was trying to share. He stood there holding on to the banister then put his hands down. He did not just turn around to maul her, instead he gave her all the time to gauge and consider her feelings. He knows she was feeling vulnerable from all the revelations of his past and the connection to her missing mother. Just like he said to his close friend, that he revealed everything to Jae Yi and was waiting for important words from her. Her mind view was important to him. Here she is, revealing her thoughts with just a hug. When he finally turned around, he held her back a bit and she was the one who touched his face gently to tell him she understood how he had lived for the past 18 years. He told her he had a job to do. He hugged her then but said that their path will get difficult from thereon and when she buried herself deeper into his embrace and said simply “I know”. He got what he was waiting for, the important words from her. A commitment to be on and by his side. Then he took her face to gently caress. He kissed like he was drinking the finest of wine, savoring, tasting, swirling and finally drinking…..slowly, longingly and passionately. It fitted the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RobinM said:

 It was meant to be a tender, sweet  yet sexy moment. They weren’t into being aggressive or lustfull right then. They hit the right notes IMO.  

 

 

I hope this is regarding the controversial kiss scene. LJG consistently gives all, he doesn’t do half a.s.s acting, but the scene, honestly, i felt and saw someone who’s just not into it, that’s the vibe that i got, thanks to the angle it was not really obvious. I don’t know but that’s just my assessment. Maybe i expected too much. I don’t really mind it actually because it’s not as if such scene is the only thing that matters and besides we all have our own achilees heel.

 

And if you were talking about something else then please accept my apologies for connecting and thinking and giving meaning too much. 

 

 

 

5 hours ago, Ooka said:

 

Hi Everyone ^^ 

Happy to see that we've got the highest ratings!

 

I kinda agree with your comment @anonymouschic. The kissing scene was good but awkward at the same time. So I hope we will have another kissing scene! We deserve it.

 

He is someone who improves his craft continuously so i hope that the next time will be different. 

 

Re: rating. All of them act in sych in a way that they’re delivering everything as if their life depends on it. That’s what i see and feel. They’re the kind of actors that connect to their audience in such a way. And i am so happy because their efforts aren’t in vain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank god for you @zenya22 . I was waiting for someone to do a kiss analysis! I didn’t find it awkward. Very sweet & perfect for a couple kissing each other the first time . I have not watched the subbed episode yet but I did watch the kiss a couple of  ( or maybe more ) times :lol:

 

Anyway according to the leads this is a comforting kiss . So let’s anticipate for a hot  one :lol:

Although SYJ claims she’s had very little  experience doing romantic scenes she did good  on Moorim High School .

Spoiler

 

Alright slight diversion from me. You can all go back to talking about the plot :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

I was waiting for someone to do a kiss analysis! I didn’t find it awkward. Very sweet & perfect for a couple kissing each other the first time . I have not watched the subbed episode yet but I did watch the kiss a couple of  ( or maybe more ) times :lol:

 

Anyway according to the leads this is a comforting kiss . So let’s anticipate for a hot  one :lol:

@triplem I watched the kiss more than a couple of times too :lol: and yes, I hope we will get more smoldering ones 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Because of her blindness, they think that she is not dangerous to them. Once AOJ ensured himself that she was disabled, he no longer paid attention to her and spoke freely. That's why they are negligent as they feel, she is not a human due to her disability.

I hope that arrogant and elitist attitude comes back to be their downfall.  She could end up being their Madame Defarge :D I would love to see their heads roll. 

19 hours ago, sava2sava said:

On to a more serious note is YH that blind or do she just want to be in the movers and shakers click.. Much as been pointed out to her and her being a prosecutor and all she should know when evidence should be allowed and not.. Watching the judge make these foul calls is really something and it should have been sending up all kinds of signs.

You would think that she had a clue, but she just chose to look away. I hope she really takes a look at herself, realizes that she is an officer of the court who is there to uphold the laws of The Republic of Korea and not Judge Cha's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SakuraC said:

I think KYH might be the important key that may help to bring CMS to justice

Based on episode 6 , she did not look that happy to join them

She might come around near the final episode to help JY & SP

I agree with you. She may be even having doubts already about the "good" judge and might be even purposely going undercover to find the truth.  I hope so because she doesn't seem like a bad person and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a crush on BSP and helps him, which may cause some cat fighting with JY.

 

I am glad that I didn't visit this forum until I watched ep 5 & 6, because it was a shock/pleasant surprise to see the kissing and bed scene so soon.  My guess is that the show wanted to cement the relationship quickly so that they will be a fighting duo against the bad guys.

 

This drama really shows off LJG's acting skills well. I am impressed at how his acting progressively gets better with each of his projects.  His cool calm demeanor but deadly look when he confronts the baddies is scary and his romantic side is every girl's dream :wub: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

For example, when G. W. Bush Junior did touch Citizen and Human rights after the terror attack (September 11th 2001), he actually copied Hitler. In the name of safety and security, Citizen and Human rights needed to be changed or even removed. That was his explanation and excuse, the same excuse Hitler had in order to fight his political enemies. Torture became allowed. This is a dangerous step... in any democracy.

BINGO chingu! They take advantage of peoples fears, slowly chipping away of our rights in the name safety. When anyone dares to complain, the answer is you'll be ok as long as your not hiding anything.  Be careful of what you say, what you read and who your friends are. Forget about your first amendment rights of speech and peaceful assembly. Whats sad is it is still happening. This is what eventually leads to dictators. There is no need for a military coup. Notice Jae Yi's father warns her about hanging around Bong Sang Pil because he dared to confront Judge Cha in public.  I'm sure that Suicide Bluff or whatever they call it gets a lot of use in Gisung.     

 

@zenya22 That was a great kiss analysis. Can't wait to read your analysis on the next one! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, auroredawn said:

Hello, my first post here!

 

I have been saying the same thing too:(

 

Yup, i prefer him to gain more weight --

anyway he is still handsome haha -- i marathoned ep. 1 to 6 last night - loving this drama and the chemistry :D it's not kinda rush for me as it only have 16 eps i believe. i prefer fast facing dramas hehe besides we know BSP was watching YJ for a long time already and falling for her from then on presumingly , maybe kinda fast for YJ's side though but i guess there's no long or short time when it comes to liking someone - which mostly you'll just feel in an instant, it's just a matter on how you'll react -- i like YJ as she knows what she wants/likes no hesitation at all (like - sympathy then eventually to love) :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, NoonaE said:

 

I'm also looking forward to the release of the OST... it's from the R&B singer the Babylon :D

 

Thank you so much for sharing.

On 27/5/2018 at 10:34 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

 

Will be back to say more after watching it with E subs. I managed to sucker the husband into watching this and he likes it. Victory on the home front. But I have to keep the peace. :tongue:

 

So your husband is watching!!! and liking it!!! congrants!!! :D:D

 

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This episode marks a turning point in KYH's life. Not only she loses the trial but she also gets demoted. In other words, KYH is facing a similar situation compared to HJY.

 

Thank you for the comparation. i didn´t think of it before.

 

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yet, unlike HJY who didn't return to Gisung in order to ask from CMS some favor or support, KYH makes a rash decision. CMS only needs to mention HJY to her that the prosecutor decides to become close to CMS. Her jealousy is her driving force.

 

Is jealosy her driving force or her greed for power? not sure. Anyway i keep thinking that BSP saw something in her and i decided to trust her... but then sister reminded me what BSP's mom and uncle said: Don't trust anyone in Gisung. So maybe BSP is making a mistake trusting her (or maybe he is not trusting but just taking advantage of what's good in her. With BSP I never know. With this show I never know)

 

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Nevertheless, the introduction to the Seven Club is quite interesting because on the one hand, we see KYH's reaction, when she sees the true face of CMS: AOJ is on his knees in front of CMS. These two pictures outline her shock and disgust. On the other hand, she realizes the closeness of CMS-AOJ's relationship. She is not at all pleased, nonetheless after witnessing AOJ's bowing, she shakes AOJ's hand again and adds: "I don't think that I knew you very well, Chairman." She even congratulates him. This handshake is really telling. Despite knowing what kind of man he is, KYH is willing to overlook it in the name of power. Her conscience won't stop her to become an ally of a criminal. AOJ has become the face of the 7 Club, since he is running for mayor election. By the way, the number 7 reminded me of 7 capital sins: lust, greed, gluttony, sloth, envy, pride and wrath. Behind the surface, they are evil and selfish people. 

 

This scene was really disgusting. But I'm not sure what to read about KYH shaking hands with AOJ. Is she accepting him? or is she acting?

 

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

What caught my attention is that NSJ didn't want KYH to enter that circle. When she begged CMS for mercy, it is clear that NSJ had never had the intention that her daughter becomes the spiritual daughter of CMS. Actually, I have realized that she was herself jealous of HJY and wanted to become herself CMS's heir. But CMS had never intended to make such a choice. It has always been either KYH or HJY. That's why she warned NSJ about showing her true feelings. NSJ wanted her daughter to be a righteous and good prosecutor, she wanted her to remain pure, however NSJ has never realized that by being next to CMS could be the cause of her daughter's wrong choice. As we can see, although HJY and KYH admired CMS due to their parents, their education was the reason why HJY and KYH chose two opposite paths. Now, the question is: how far KYH is willing to go? Moreover, I have the impression now that NSJ could have a change of heart in the long run as she doesn't want her daughter to become dirty.  

NSJ clearly told AOJ that her daugther wasn´t a prosecutor to cover AOJ dirt.

 

15 hours ago, NoonaE said:

 

@bebebisous33 interesting observation about YH and her mum... also the 7 club. it is a very complete club, right... there is money (AOJ and the Bank Director), gangster (AOJ), law (CMS the ultimate judge, District Prosecutor, lawyers- YH's mum seems to be a former lawyer, too?), and media (the managing editor). what they don't have yet is the 'politics'... but AOJ is working his way towards that one, too.

 

I think the dead mayor was the political power

 

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If ever we needed confirmation that Cha Moon Seok was a psychopath, we certainly got it here in bright flashing lights. Fancy killing a man for insulting your father. I knew that her veneration of her father was genuine and she hero-worshipped him but wow... her vindictiveness... yowsers... She certainly doesn't mess around.

When i watched raw i was expecting something more. Just kill someone because badmouth your father!!!

 

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I was wondering why it was that the press is so selective about what went to print. But of course, one member of the cabal of seven owns the city's newspaper. No independence of the press there, that's for certain. There's no doubt that CMS has all her bases covered.

The media is the most important thing if you want to dominate the masses. Sadly i think independence of the press doesn´t exists, not only in Gisung but in real life.

 

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What do I think about the Speedy Gonzalez romance? (Older people will get the reference) It is what it is.

Well seems to me that i'm old enough to understand:cold_sweat:

 

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But really, this is a zany show that's incredibly well-made. How often do we get to see a show where both the good guys and the bad guys are having the time of their lives?

What you say! i think director was right when he said this drama would be a turning point for him and JG. what a good drama!

 

14 hours ago, kjoy said:

Ah the blind masseuse. Yes there's something going on with her. The camera tends to linger on her way too long for me to believe otherwise.

I always say the same! there's no way they focus on her so much if not for her to play an important part in the drama. to me she works either for BSP or JY's mother

 

13 hours ago, NoonaE said:

If I'm not mistaken, back then jg_k_drama in her IG account mentioned that CMS might have been modeled after PGH, the previous SK president. Reading all your analyses has made me wonder to what extent history in different nations and cultures seemed to be similar. I don't know much about PGH and her late father so I cannot say anything either.

 

Regarding AOJ and NSJ, I might agree that CMS might potentially choose AOJ if one day she'll have to choose (which one of them to sacrifice). However, YH is now also joining their club. If CMS wants to get rid of NSJ, won't she have to do the same to her daughter? Oh... just thinking about the possibility makes me shiver... bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Well i don't read politics. but i don´t know why i read some news about the previous SK president. if i don't recall wrong, her right hand bestie was with her until the very end. So if CMS is modeled after the president maybe NSJ is modeled after her friend.

 

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NoonaE @antoniaclamens @sava2sava @40somethingahjumma I would like to point out that there must be someone among the 7 club that is working behind CMS's back. Why? NHJ, HJY's mother, lives in Thailand hence she couldn't know that AOJ has been chosen by CMS for the position as mayor. Either it is NSJ or head of prosecution, Jang Sang Il. NSJ doesn't like AOJ, besides she sees him as a thread. Besides, the mother of HJY, is living in a comfortable loft. How could she manage to start a new life abroad? The mother had no idea, HJY was involved in the defense of the detective HMW. 

Someone else is pulling the strings... someone who knew where BSP had disappeared, when to send the notebook at the right moment, when to send the stone and the pictures of CMS/AOJ's crimes, who knew that HMW had helped NHJ to  disappear...

I always thought that the one behind the memo and the one who send BSP the pictures from the day CMS killed the man was JY's mother.But you must be right, she lives in a comfortable loft so someone must support her. Not sure if it's someone inside the 7 club. but if it must be someone inside the 7, then i would bet for chief prosecutor. he doesn't look that happy to see how things are developing. Or maybe it was uncle who is supporting her? i don't know why but sometimes i feel like BSP and her might be working together... i don't know. I haven't recovered from episode 6 yet. so don't expect me to make sense

 

2 hours ago, evie7 said:

I hope that arrogant and elitist attitude comes back to be their downfall.  She could end up being their Madame Defarge :D I would love to see their heads roll. 

 

OMG i love that book. but it impressed me so much! know i would be thinking of The New Sharped Lady again... i was traumatized because of it

 

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@RobinM Hi there I was lurking but had to un-lurk because I am loving this drama' had been enjoying reading all the posts and I agree with your comment about the kiss. It was appropriate for the story-line at the moment. 

 

I thought the depiction of the kiss was so poignant and beautiful and agree that tender is the word. He was waiting for her at the office, he seemed worried and when she finally showed up he told her to inform him if she had to work offsite. She said nothing, she finally understood and empathized, she needed that hug as much as he did when she back hugged him. He also understood that she was trying to share. He stood there holding on to the banister then put his hands down. He did not just turn around to maul her, instead he gave her all the time to gauge and consider her feelings. He knows she was feeling vulnerable from all the revelations of his past and the connection to her missing mother. Just like he said to his close friend, that he revealed everything to Jae Yi and was waiting for important words from her. Her mind view was important to him. Here she is, revealing her thoughts with just a hug. When he finally turned around, he held her back a bit and she was the one who touched his face gently to tell him she understood how he had lived for the past 18 years. He told her he had a job to do. He hugged her then but said that their path will get difficult from thereon and when she buried herself deeper into his embrace and said simply “I know”. He got what he was waiting for, the important words from her. A commitment to be on and by his side. Then he took her face to gently caress. He kissed like he was drinking the finest of wine, savoring, tasting, swirling and finally drinking…..slowly, longingly and passionately. It fitted the moment. 

lovely review of a lovely scene. thank you...

 

you can see my BSP beauty parade from episode 4 here:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NoonaE @antoniaclamens @sava2sava @40somethingahjumma I would like to point out that there must be someone among the 7 club that is working behind CMS's back. Why? NHJ, HJY's mother, lives in Thailand hence she couldn't know that AOJ has been chosen by CMS for the position as mayor. Either it is NSJ or head of prosecution, Jang Sang Il. NSJ doesn't like AOJ, besides she sees him as a thread. Besides, the mother of HJY, is living in a comfortable loft. How could she manage to start a new life abroad? The mother had no idea, HJY was involved in the defense of the detective HMW. 

Someone else is pulling the strings... someone who knew where BSP had disappeared, when to send the notebook at the right moment, when to send the stone and the pictures of CMS/AOJ's crimes, who knew that HMW had helped NHJ to  disappear...

Thanks for all the analysis! Definitely helped me think deeper about the drama.

 

I agree with you that there is someone working against CMS.  NSJ is too obvious in her disapproval of AOJ so I am wondering if it is HJY's dad. He would have seen the photos his wife has taken right? He is probably just playing dumb because he saw how powerful CMS is.   .  So instead of going against her, he chose to be a blind follower....but he could be working behind the scenes to gather evidence...  i made this hypothesis because i noticed the men are good at playing dumb..

A. The detective kept the file on BSP's mum... He had files on the food truck driver.. He kept things for a good reason

B. AOJ kept a video of the investigator manipulating the crime scene. How he pretends to be revering CMS....

C. Hyung man covered up BSp and HJy's mum deaths.... 

D. BsP how he played dumb in front of HJY until he revealed the truth to her.

 

Well, i could be wrong.  But the way female and male are portrayed is quite interesting.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This show is so good!!! Just when I was starting to have Switch withdrawals, this show came along and I love our dynamic duo with this fresh take on law gangster style. I even got a little bit of some witch’s court (this time uri male lead being more of the antihero) and judge vs judge feels (it’s the tie and judge uniform). Of course this show is unique of itself and I can’t wait for the next episodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

I hope there is no angst in store for our OTP,  I agree they have enough going on w/the baddies, fighting Judge Cha's machine. That I hope we get some more back hugs, kissing and at least another bed scenelaugh-cute-cat-emoticon.gifWe don't need any angst.

 

@bebebisous33 I keep going back and forth about Jae Yi's father. How could he not know that his wife was working against the corruption in this town? If he is brainwashed by the Cha's, then he could have been involved w/her disappearance/murder. I would like to think that he is just scared of them and he's protecting his daughter. It's better for Jae Yi to have a coward for a father than some brainwashed psycho. But the way he acts like Judge Cha is his family's  savior, I'm now I'm leaning towards the later, poor Jae Yi  :(

 

@antoniaclamens Thank you for checking TBDW, I don't think that the romance came too soon in this drama but had forgotten that the OTP slept together in the first episodes of that one too. TBDW is classic in my book. It didn't ruin that drama, it won't ruin this one either. 

Well Hello @evie7  How are you. I feel the same way you do and wrote that exact thing it's no way that JY father didn't know what she was up to and I also thinks he's playing dumb just to protect him and JY.. Who knows he could be in on some of the things that's going on he did have some kind of relationship with Judge Cha dad himself..

 

3 hours ago, evie7 said:
23 hours ago, sava2sava said:

On to a more serious note is YH that blind or do she just want to be in the movers and shakers click.. Much as been pointed out to her and her being a prosecutor and all she should know when evidence should be allowed and not.. Watching the judge make these foul calls is really something and it should have been sending up all kinds of signs.

You would think that she had a clue, but she just chose to look away. I hope she really takes a look at herself, realizes that she is an officer of the court who is there to uphold the laws of The Republic of Korea and not Judge Cha's

@evie7  I'm just flabbergasted at her actions.. All judge Cha had to do was mention JY name and she lost all thoughts.. All the alarm bells has went off even code 3 has been called out for her to hear and what she does is go in hook line and sinker.. Now her and mom has become each other weakness she don't know of it yet but mom sure does.. Mom knows Mdm Cha will try and marry her off to AOJ if needed..:crazy:

 

33 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

Is jealosy her driving force or her greed for power? not sure. Anyway i keep thinking that BSP saw something in her and i decided to trust her... but then sister reminded me what BSP's mom and uncle said: Don't trust anyone in Gisung. So maybe BSP is making a mistake trusting her (or maybe he is not trusting but just taking advantage of what's good in her. With BSP I never know. With this show I never know)

It's both jealousy and greed for power to above JY.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..