[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

Episode 4 BSP Highlights:

I love how they worry about each other. they've already went together trough some hard events

Spoiler

wzGGkOU.png

9z11ZkZ.png

JY defending BSP

Spoiler

U86uutD.png

QktvIVP.png

BSP confronting AOJ for the first time. It's awesome how his expression changes from happy/smoldering

Spoiler

xgiQYpo.png

To frozen cold

JSVNBRs.png

to trying hard not to cry

wa0Jisd.png

and finally a fierce smirk

yZyj8PI.png

in just seconds

Awesome

48o0l1I.png

Spoiler

g8Qha3X.pngBrWzBxS.png

BSP looking at JY, remembering her mother

Spoiler

jkJYiC1.jpg

BSP meeting dad

kqfGoED.jpg

Spoiler

taXAHVz.jpg

It's so sad to see him smiling with his mouth, not his eyes

8HouErF.jpgT0TJnPX.jpgxDHgoCz.jpg

Phone collector

Spoiler

YUJWjBk.jpg

Another family meeting, this time uncle's turn

Spoiler

17vd2HB.jpg

It seems BSP wants HJY to notice about the phone

Spoiler

3O28Y6F.jpg

One of my favorite scenes from this episode

UAZksts.jpg

Spoiler

BrZX0Ol.jpg

CMS can't hide behind her righteous mask anymore

Spoiler

7yg37Sd.jpg

HJY learns about BSP suspecting CMS

Spoiler

wsbqN0t.jpg

And she's not happy about it

Just eye candy moment. sorry. i needed it.

1I6W19y.jpg

HJY asking BSP to prove her that CMS is bad. Giving him the chance to win over a mother like figure. i think this is huge

2vhAoxJ.jpg

CLmHkdI.jpg

Awesome wall of revelations

Spoiler

iHaFINv.jpg

Spying/persecuting broker

Spoiler

w7fNY5L.jpg

Just going to point out that look (while touching hands BTW)

7ook8Jq.jpgxNTv2ir.jpg

I just love this:

ZDwjbbf.png

when streaming i though he was in another car! not in broke'rs one. Hilarious

FmVv1cC.png

Stealing the show

Spoiler

O6TYFeU.png

Brace yourself HJY

Spoiler

AByCqMy.png

Showdown

XAo95gw.png

And the end

Spoiler

BI09mZH.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say that what YH feels towards JY is more envious than jealous because truth be told YH has nothing that JY wants which would negate the need to even feel jealous of her. In episode 3 I believe is when YH made a comment about feeling embarrassed that her 'friend' would even be associated with someone like BSP and JY retorted 'are we friends' in which YH responded that she always wanted to respond like that and that it was admirable. I think what JY represents for YH is all the traits she wishes she had/has but lacks. Someone up above mentioned the 7 deadly sins and if what people are speculating about CMS getting rid of NSJ in favor of YH is true, I'd say she can definitely represent envy. After all what baited her into joining the group in the first place was the idea of replacing JY.

Finally watched ep.5 and 6 with eng subs.  I liked them so much.  some observations from me:

Abt the fast romance:

I also thought when seeing the preview of ep.6, Waaah!!!! so fast romance coming up like the action scenes.  But after watching the ep.6 with subs,the way it was done, so nice.  It was like they found some solace in them from each other and they were so casual in both the kiss and romance scenes, especially in the morning.  

Blind masseuse: She is going to be of some use in the later episodes.  But AHJ was quick to suspect her.  I dont think the lady came on her own.  Someone has planted her in that house, who will be that?

HJY father:  I am getting the "save me" vibes here.  She is trying to explain him, but he blindly tells her that he believe CMS.  I dont think that he is protecting his daughter by acting on CMS side coz we clearly see him campaigning on behalf of AOJ.   

HJY mom:  so she is alive and fine and saved by KHM.  He let off her without killing her.

Abt the new arrival of female character in the thug's gang.  She is so sassy and cute.  I liked her so much more than the other male gang members.   But she thinks she is the rival of JY.  :grin:

So more action scenes to come.  Hope LJK is safe doing all those on his own.  I thought he is so skinny but his biceps!!!!!!:heart:  Really looking forward to the upcoming episodes on how both of them are going to reveal "THE SEVEN" by law.  Fighting!!!!!

I have got some articles on LL by one of the bloggers i read.  

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/28/kiss-when-it-rains/

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/27/love-is-part-of-the-game/

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/05/27/some-lawless-lovin/

thanks for the goodies @Grenna

just... how to be Ha Jae Yi? *caressing the sexy biceps and veins*

yellow-onion-head-emoticon-38.gif

ok i'll get back to serious discussion once I get over the biceps jealousy hahaha... mouse-girl-emoticon-05.gif

Just finished the episode 1. I love the parts where their paths has intertwined,

- first when JY received text msg she's been fired then BSP seeing a needs on e-billboard

- outside with the statue of Lady Justice on 

- BSP and JY going to Gisung, BSP on car and JY on train

I just noticed that the Lady Justice statue outside the building and BSP have has a sword downward. But in Gisung trial court building it was upward?

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Someone else is pulling the strings... someone who knew where BSP had disappeared, when to send the notebook at the right moment, when to send the stone and the pictures of CMS/AOJ's crimes, who knew that HMW had helped NHJ to  disappear...

@bebebisous33Now I am wondering about the blind masseuse, this is huge.... thanks for pointing that out 

Just some comments on the cast.

• I love HJY's voice! It's how a rich, smooth chocolate would sound like. 
  • Judge Cha is such a sexy ahjumma!
  • Love how the actor playing AOJ even has nuances for the character!
  • I need to see more of BSP's arms! A shirtless scene, perhaps? *crossfingers*

LJG, LJG, LJG, LJG.... He's doing a fantastic job as Bong Sang Pil. No matter what it is, drama or movie, this man always surprises me every time. What more can I say? He's always got the role down and already had me crying in the first episode! I was giving Actor of the Year Award to Yoon Shi Yoon for Grand Prince but I have to also give it to LJG. So bravo to those two!

SYJ! You are officially added to my favorite actresses! I LOVE Ha Jae Yi!!! Now I lost count to how many times I watched that punch scene and I was hoping we get a few more scenes like that!:lol: But I really like her, she stands up for herself and other women when men try to put them down. Now punching that judge was not the smart thing to do but I'm glad she did it. The judge knew better, how did he even become a judge in the first place?! I also actually expected her to be in denial for a little while about her mother.

Cha Moon Suk, is it so wrong that I can't hate her? I know she killed SP's mother and is responsible for JY's mother disappearing. I want her to pay for her crimes but she makes it so hard for me to hate her! She makes men bow down to her! Do you how rare it is to see that, for a woman to be in control?! And is her relationship with JY really a lie? I really don't want to believe that it is. This is just like Time Between the Dog and Wolf because I couldn't hate the villain in that one either.

Ahn Oh Joo... He's loyal to CMS, willing to get his hands dirty for her and he's power hungry. There's not a lot I can say about him right now because I feel like we don't his whole story, CMS's father saved him from something, right? However, I really like his scenes with SP. Just challenging one another. But the actor is doing a really good job.

Yoon Hyun Ho and Kim Jin Min, amazing! Fantastic work, this show went beyond my expectations!

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@bebebisous33Now I am wondering about the blind masseuse, this is huge.... thanks for pointing that out 

@antoniaclamens @Anna Tan @40somethingahjumma The blind masseuse can not be the person who sent the parcel to BSP because he received it in the beginning (episode 1), while the masseuse was hired a little later. AOJ had no idea who BSP was, just like CMS or NSJ. However, @zenya22's remark made me realize that the masseuse could have been planted there as a spy that's why I think that there is someone who helped NHJ (HJY's mother) and WHM via BSP since he knew the link between BSP, WHM and NHJ.

NSJ was the one who hired the masseuse, she mentioned it to CMS ("there is this famous masseuse"). Because of this, I am now wondering if the person behind all this could be someone outside the 7 Club who has been a Gisung citizen for a long time and knows that inner circle pretty well. Someone who even knew CHB's true face.... Therefore it is definitely possible that this person has not been introduced yet. 

However, this made me think about BSP's father. Who is his father? BSP has the name of his father... not from his mother. 

Probably never know.Fairly  common for a character to lack a parent and no mention is ever made because  It’s not important to the story. Bong Sr was never in the picture evidently. 

That said someone here raised the point Uncle might actually be his father and they separated because she didn’t want the life he had to offer or something . But that seems unlikely.

58 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@antoniaclamens @Anna Tan @40somethingahjumma The blind masseuse can not be the person who sent the parcel to BSP because he received it in the beginning (episode 1), while the masseuse was hired a little later. AOJ had no idea who BSP was, just like CMS or NSJ. However, @zenya22's remark made me realize that the masseuse could have been planted there as a spy that's why I think that there is someone who helped NHJ (HJY's mother) and WHM via BSP since he knew the link between BSP, WHM and NHJ.

NSJ was the one who hired the maseuse, she mentioned it to CMS ("there is this famous masseuse"). Because of this, I am now wondering if the person behind all this could be someone outside the 7 Club who has been a Gisung citizen for a long time and knows that inner circle pretty well. Someone who even knew CHB's true face.... Therefore it is definitely possible that this person has not been introduced yet. 

However, this made me think about BSP's father. Who is his father? BSP has the name of his father... not from his mother. 

@bebebisous33  When it comes to the blind masseuse my thoughts are leaning towards the detective as I watch all the episodes over again.. I think he's the one that sent BSP the usb of his mom and AOJ pictures of his past deeds..The detective did tell JY he has thought about BSP often.. So my guess is he knew he was alive and had been watching him also.. Which makes me think in his position he could have done a deeper background check on who BSP mom is and her relation to the uncle.. Once he knew BSP was with the uncle he had nothing to worry about for the kid and wait for the moment to discreetly call him back.. To add a kicker to it all he had become a lawyer like his mom just the ammo the detective needed.. 

JY dad could also be another one, I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing but him trying to help AOJ get elected but all and all this is bad for our Lawless Group and I think the sooner JY bring these facts to him the better.. Maybe ship him ouff to be reprogramed..

I had also thought who could be BSP dad Old Man Cha did cross my mind in the very beginning..

18 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Probably never know.Fairly  common for a character to lack a parent and no mention is ever made because  It’s not important to the story. Bong Sr was never in the picture evidently. 

That said someone here raised the point Uncle might actually be his father and they separated because she didn’t want the life he had to offer or something . But that seems unlikely.

@RobinM  Good theory uncle being his real father. As I watch the Drama All In the uncle in that drama also turned out to be the nephew dad.. This could explain why they stop having contact with one another and mom also wanted him to have a relationship with his father but not end up like his father nor inherit his fathers lifestyle like CMS inherit her dads.. I wouldn't rule uncle out as being the Dad somebody knows.. 

My guess is CMS being that she work for CMs for sometime and got along well with her.. Probably how all this started her Dad molesting BSP mom and she got pregnant had a child out of wedlock and she found his dirty deeds and decided to get revenge on him.. But I don't see her announcing to the world that she had a child by a rapist regardless to who he is..  

Thise maybe something we will never find out who BSP father is..

2 hours ago, allythefangirl said:

I need to see more of BSP's arms! A shirtless scene, perhaps? *crossfingers*

cross them harder:D.Lee Joon Gi is notorious for not showing his chest.Even in scarlet heart ryeo..his shirtless scene was kind of blurred:D.I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes even more body conscious with the way some people keep going on and on about his weight.But hey...biceps are not bad right^_^:wub:?

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Abt the fast romance:

I also thought when seeing the preview of ep.6, Waaah!!!! so fast romance coming up like the action scenes.  But after watching the ep.6 with subs,the way it was done, so nice.  It was like they found some solace in them from each other and they were so casual in both the kiss and romance scenes, especially in the morning.  

I agree with most of  this:

The approach here is very adult like and realistic and not the typical formulaic romantic kdrama that most kdrama watchers like since this is not a "romance" drama but an "action-thriller".They said it themselves in how they describe this scene and BTS that the characters found "COMFORT" in each other because of their shared pain and not "LOVE" which I applaud because this often happens in real life.People having one night stands or relationships out of comfort.You could actually see and sense it in the kiss and the whole moment that it really is mainly for comfort purposes but I still find it romantic and realistic because it could be the basis or foundation of their relationship that eventually grows into true love and caring.Besides, I am just thankful there is even romance because most of the time in genres like this, there is none.They also still have to take down the CIRCLE of 7 in like 10 episodes.I like this for once in a kdrama: Mature, Adult, Realistic approach to relationships and "romance".

I really don’t understand k drama fans , the biggest complaint with any eastern drama is the fact the romances take forever. First they start having feelings for the costar , second they deny there feelings and talk to themselves about why it could never work , third they get shy for no reason , fourth they avoid the costar at all cost and its a continuous long drawn out cycle before they even get close enough that they could kiss. In a long while we get a drama like lawless lawyer that pushes past that and seems hell bent on showing what power couple can do in the right circumstances , sure this is only the sixth episode of the series but I’m betting it’s going to be a highly interesting story only because 6 episodes deep and the acting and plot is still magnificent. These are grown up characters who started out very direct and I’m hoping they stay on this flowery path of bluntness till the end of the series. With the lead characters personalities did you really think there romance would be a shy drawn out one ?

Ok Ive done enough quoting.I just realised. The same place where his mother was killed.Almost the same exact spot is also the same place Bong Sang Pil was kissing Hae Jae Yi. To me its like the same place where he lost the first love of his life(his mother) and brings him the most pain.Its also the place where he will find his healing through his potential last love(Ha Jae Yi).I recall Hae Jae Yi caressing his cheek and asking him "is this how he has been living for 18 years?

This is what am refering to:

tumblr_p9fpyptBXV1r3hugwo5_400.gif

Ha Jae Yi here to me, is doing what his mom badly wanted to do(caressing his face).. but failed to do because her life was fading away:

tumblr_p8v75lZV9B1wqj5qno4_r1_250.gif

I remember when she(HJY) was confronting this dude about her mum:

tumblr_p9fo4t8nWD1r3hugwo10_400.gif

She also mentioned something like how could you let a 10 year old(Bong Sang Pil) experience this.Everyday Bong Sang Pil has to relive the moment of his bloodied mother dying before his eyes.

Spoiler

tumblr_p8v75lZV9B1wqj5qno8_r1_250.gif

This is why I think the more I watch that scene.The more I think it wasnt randomly inserted in.

Episode 6 BSP HJY romance: BSP and HJY already went together through some very distressing events in only 5 episodes, with the tunnel incident being the key turning point …

HJY started  defending BSP right after that incident (BSP himself got very surprised) she even almost acted as his attorney/guardian… But why?! my guess is when she saw him so worked up by the murderer treating to hurt HJY she started to see BSP in a new light (he is not just a gangster-turned-lawyer working for money, but a compassionate courageous lawyer, fighting his own life for justice and protecting others), this scene followed by BSP encountering great AOJ in front of the prosecutor office, treating and questioning a powerful man without any fear… You should really pay attention to HJY face in that scene, she is a bit confused but you can see in her face that she’s admiring BSP yet at the same time questioning him: what made this man so much in pain?! Also, in that same night BSP gave a ride to HJY and met her father (meeting HJY father is a way for BSP declaring to HJY that she is not interested in her only as a colleague but also as a woman) this was so obvious in their glance and HJY was even a bit shy (and visibly not quite uninterested) but she still doesn’t have a full trust in BSP and even blames him for suspecting judge Cha (her mentor and her role model)… So all I got from the first 5 episodes is that HJY is in fact very fascinated with BSP as courageous fearless attorney and admires him, but his mysterious pain/trauma and his suspicions on judge Cha troubles her at the same time… I can certainly see how she might felt about him and all her suspicious after finding the truth (evil CMS, the explanations of BSP heartbreaking past, what he went through as a kid, and how he has been his guardian angel all along, what happened to her mom and how their pasts are so convoluted etc.)… so she comes to him to comfort him and herself… Their hugging and kissing is like they trying to find some solace in each other as victims of the same tragedy (hence their kissing and bed scene is more tender than lustful)… I can see many people might not like the idea of two people starting an intimate relationship for comfort, but this is in fact very realistic (if not very romantic), many people who grown to love each other started their relationship by comforting and caring for each other… Also this rarely happens in a k-drama that both PD and writer are male, but I can certainly see this whole relationship made by two males: cause men do not see any differences between comfort/caring/love/sex… they see them all as one thing: intimate attraction leading to sex

10 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

If you like SYJ watch save me her acting is so damn good, there is one scene where she breaks down and oh lord.. That scene made me add her to top of my actress list. 

This is a video from save me but it obviously has spoilers so dont watch if you dont  wanna get spoiled but 1:06 to 1:21 is where she became my best actress that acting was so dam good.

3 minutes ago, Wotad said:

If you like SYJ watch save me her acting is so damn good, there is one scene where she breaks down and oh lord.. That scene made me add her to top of my actress list. 

OMG she was mesmerizing in Save Me. I will never forget the train scene. That was the one (among many) scene where I was like 'Holy richard simmons she's good'. Can't believe she didn't get nominated for anything for her performance there. 

Archived