[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

@kjoy hahahaha... finally he fulfilled his promise to his fans that he'd show the abs when it's good enough lol... :D. Training hard for jiu-jitsu... so we'll definitely see some more Lawyer Bong's martial arts practice scene later happy-cheetah-emoticon.gif

@sava2sava I think otherwise... media play is very strong and dangerous in Korea... especially the online ones. However, in the case of our city Giseong... where I assume the citizens are mostly like JY's father (naive and very trusting of Cha family), just like your point, it might be rather weaker. we'll see how this reporter later will play a role in supporting the LL gang.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, kjoy said:

Who said anything about onscreen sex = an adult relationship? I don't think that was ever the discussion. Adult relationships have absolutely nothing to do with onscreen or offscreen sex. What was said, at least from my pov, was that it is nice to see a show portray sex as if it is a normal act (whether one agrees with it or not). 

I do however appreciate that this show allowed BSP and HJY to take an adult approach to their night spent together in that they never had them act ashamed or guilty or try to avoid the topic. In the same vein they never had them try to define what they are or overanalyze what their night together meant. Geum Ja questioned their relationship and they still never talked about it because truthfully I don't think they even thought about it. They are what they are. In the general sense they are partners (I mean that in every aspect). They went to the beach, they enjoyed themselves, they talked about HM and that was that. 

@kjoy

I think one of the issues re: romance of JY and SP that I see come up in forums and in VIKI especially, is the timing of the of their becoming a couple. “It happened fast”.  There are whirlwind romances that began fast and survived for many reasons and there are coupling that budded out of a long courtship and failed long term. It is hard to pigeonhole relationships/romances into a rule of what, when and how it should be done or not done. Of course, getting to know the other person is a plus and that means longer courtships. In SP/JY romance, there is the added suspense of survival. Between the two, SP is the only one who was aware of the urgency of their becoming comrades in battle and maybe the bonus of becoming a romance couple. It seems that over the years of watching over JY he had developed an attraction towards her. She grew up to be a smart, self-assured and beautiful woman and a lawyer to boot just like his mother. She was someone he would have wanted to become his ally and maybe if he was lucky, a romantic partner. He had planned this fight for years and now ready to go into battle with no certainty of winning or of coming out alive even if he wins. He knew the power of his enemy, he studied them and prepared for years. He must have pondered this question, if he were given a year to live what he would have wanted to do in that year and for sure, a relationship with JY whatever that would be, is a priority. He was asked by his uncle if he trusted JY. For SP, it is not about him trusting JY. It is more about JY trusting him. He needed to prove himself as trustworthy in JY’s eyes before he can gain her trust and therefore become a faithful and trustworthy partner. The golden rule, “do unto others what you want others to do unto you” but they must get to know each other. Thus, the unusual and short “courtship”. When SP first arrived in Gisung, he took over his mom’s office which was occupied by the loan sharks, got them to work for him. Then SP did everything to get JY to know him, then work for him, even went to introduce himself to her father who liked him in the beginning. The objective was for JY to know and trust SP. Trials takes weeks to months so the time line between ep 1 and ep 6 must have taken some months. The events during that period were at times life threatening and emotionally loaded where physical injuries and shock occurred and JY had to be hospitalized. It was during this time that both got to know the mettle of each other especially JY who saw the sensitive, caring and courageous SP in action. Little by little as SP revealed himself and his objectives for going to Gisung which was related to a common history in their past, JY began to trust and even fall for him. And so, followed the slow sensual kiss, the beautiful morning-after, waking up with his arms around her and the beach romp. The future is uncertain for them, so time is not to be wasted and for sure SP will protect JY not only because he owes JY’s mom his life but because he truly cares about JY.  There will be challenges ahead but I think SP will be steadfast in his feelings for JY. 

Now back to the revenge plot, I still am so curious about the masseuse’s history. After he got JY, the most important person (for him) on his side, will SP now be rounding up his troops? I can’t wait to see who else will join the lawless team and who the secret helper/informer is. I hope this will be a suspenseful and gritty battle of wills. I already have my tissues prepared, just in case I might need them.….. and hope to be sentimental but happy tears. 

Fighting lawless team!!!!

@Zenya22 

Beautiful post and I have so much more I want to say about what you said and the plot/mystery in general but I'm currently in the office. 

My main issue with people referring to their relationship as "quick" is that they are defining them as romantic based on a scene they tend to take out of context. While beautiful I didn't view that scene as purely "romantic" because based on the scenes leading up to that night I knew it was more about comfort than anything else. 

I also mentioned a few pages back that their relationship cannot be judged on a number count of episodes because clearly the timeframe works differently within the show. But even with that there have been several subtle clues that the dynamic between BSP and HJY had been shifting with each episode, specifically from HJY's pov. 

5 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Now back to the revenge plot, I still am so curious about the masseuse’s history. After he got JY, the most important person (for him) on his side, will SP now be rounding up his troops? I can’t wait to see who else will join the lawless team and who the secret helper/informer is. I hope this will be a suspenseful and gritty battle of wills. I already have my tissues prepared, just in case I might need them.….. and hope to be sentimental but happy tears

tumblr_inline_p9h9rs6Ly81rdddme_1280.png

tumblr_inline_p9h9rr6Gc01rdddme_1280.png

Looks like another one to join Bong Sang Pil's "troops".I like this ahjussi.He is a good actor.

Lawyer Ha posted too.Go and like and comment to support her.

18 hours ago, NoonaE said:

@antoniaclamens oh yes! that flashback with Uncle Dae Woong! it seems like both of them know much more than it has been revealed to us at the moment. I won't be too surprised if Sang Pil knows about JY's mother's whereabouts but it'll also be an interesting surprise if he, too, is clueless about it. Can't wait to slowly unfold those mysteries, too!

Me too. one question, don't you think the memo must have way more than just the identities of the 7? and what about the hitman phone? why did he give it to AOJ?

18 hours ago, NoonaE said:

News from Law Law Land, in addition to Park Ho San who'll play the newly-relocated prosecutor, another actress will soon join the cast. Actress Park Min Jung is going to play as Yoo Kyung Jin, a sharp reporter who will 'challenge'' Ahn Oh Joo based on the following K-media article out today :D

http://www.kyeonggi.com/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=1480934

So many new characters, but they have to work hard if they want me to like them more than Geun Sister... she is love (or maybe it's just that i can relate to her?)

10 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Happy for this bit of news and additional member and a news paper reporter I've been saying a reporter needs to be on these court cases and ruilings to shed some light on what's really going on in this city.. So the question is will they also set up a small newspaper company.. Which I have said out of the seven the newspaper company is the weakest link..

Oh i don´t think it's a weak link. so far CMS has awesome publicity, even in international media, her unveiling statue event was a mess but it was reported by press, websites, radio as a solemn one, AOH secretary was exposed and it wasn't reported.. i think the guy himself might get into trouble for his weird bussines (though secretary is helping him, so it might not be a problem)

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

He had planned this fight for years and now ready to go into battle with no certainty of winning or of coming out alive even if he wins. He knew the power of his enemy, he studied them and prepared for years. He must have pondered this question, if he were given a year to live what he would have wanted to do in that year and for sure, a relationship with JY whatever that would be, is a priority.

Beautiful analysis, but why did you have to say those words above... now i can't get them out of my head. i want a happy ending... no open endings or real endings... i want BSP living happily together for ever and ever with JY and his gang.

9 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

Beautiful analysis, but why did you have to say those words above... now i can't get them out of my head. i want a happy ending... no open endings or real endings... i want BSP living happily together for ever and ever with JY and his gang.

@antoniaclamens sorry , I did not mean for those words to stay in your head LOL.....those words were said in relationship to the speed of their being a couple..... to emphasize that time is of the essence..... it is only episode 6 and so much needs to happen for anyone to predict the ending. When I rewatched the beginning of how SP got JY to work for him was really cute. He was a smart alec and she was smarty pants. There exchange were witty and challenging. The chemistry was crystal clear from the start. There is a lot to anticipate, I am sure when the new episode airs, there will be a lot more to talk about, so for watch episode 6 beach scenes and relax.... 

hello girls

second post here.

thank you for all the insight about our drama here. Really enjoy reading all this great review and opinions from you.

delurk because want to share this little information

https://youtu.be/bLmXqXQoMag

AOJ campaign CF on episode 5, based from this CF, (Lee Myung Bak, former president of South Korea) and I think it's not coincidental that LMB was the one who blacklisted oppa back then.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: LAWLESS LAWYER, COME HERE AND HUG ME, ABOUT TIME, MISS HAMMURABI

Capture1

Lawless Lawyer
Network: tvN
Genre: Legal, Thriller
No. of Episodes: 16 episodes (60 mins)

Our first drama is none other than legal drama Lawless Lawyer starring Lee Joon-ki, Seo Ye-ji, Choi Min-soo and Lee Hye-young. This drama’s pilot episode, I dare say, has done everything right–from story to the directing–to make it a fun and engaging watch. But what I did enjoy the most are the show’s strong-willed characters. Lee Joon-ki was spot-on in his portrayal of the unorthodox lawyer Bong Sang-pil who’s determined to take a revenge against those behind his mother’s murder. He tries to gain what he wants not by breaking but by taking advantage of the law. He’s confident, skillful, and yes, VERY SEXY. Meanwhile, rising actress Seo Ye-ji was also not short of being great in giving life to the hotheaded lawyer Ha Jae-yi whose fists, sometimes, act quicker than her mind. She knows her values well and she won’t let anyone just step on it. When it comes to the plot, it’s complicated and fast-paced but it’s surprisingly not hard to understand.

Verdict: My measure of a great pilot episode is when it has successfully introduced us the story’s hero, his background, and his end-goal, all of which were successfully achieved by Lawless Lawyer. Add to the solid story, a pairing which has overflowing chemistry, then there’s nothing you would ask for more.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/05/31/first-impressions-lawless-lawyer-come-here-and-hug-me-about-time-miss-hammurabi/

@lydliem Thanks for posting the link with the video of Lee Myun Bak.:wub: This made me appreciate even more the drama Lawless lawyer. Striking is that now this former president is about to be judged for corruption, tax evasion and other delicts. It is clear that by copying the video of LMB, the writer and director attempt to sensitize people for being more critical, to outline the power of manipulation through the media.   

Archived