[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

Yes... that’s why I previously mentioned that it’s a matter of plot device ... this show has yet a lot in their plates for us to chew... they can‘t just waste so much time on a mellow romance to bud slowly.

I do believe that's partially the reason, but I also mentioned prior to the episode that the hook up could've been an 'I'm hurting' scenario and I think I was half correct, at least where HJY is concerned. We have to take into consideration that the kiss/night spent together/ coupledom happened right after she went to visit HM in jail and "confirmed" devastating news about her mom. And then her "Is this how you've been living for the last 18 years?" to BSP was her way of saying 'Is how I'm currently feeling the way you've been feeling since you were 10?'

This is not to take away from the genuine feelings she's started developing for BSP, but those feelings weren't what kickstarted the kiss or their romantic relationship. As far as BSP I've never doubted he had genuine feelings for her, he stalked her for a good long while and had time to get to know her character. I could see how he could easily fall for her. 

I'll just leave this quickly here :ph34r:as I am sneaking in here from work:ph34r::

5 hours ago, violina said:

and here is the good news(whats interesting though is that it got higher ratings nationwide than in seoul alone.its almost always the other round.

Yesssss! We've got the highest ratings so far and it peaked at 8.2% cheer3 onion head

3aCh758.gif

Let's hope that the ratings will go up and up!

*Gif credit to original uploader.

32 minutes ago, kjoy said:

the hook up could've been an 'I'm hurting' scenario and I think I was half correct, at least where HJY is concerned

I second that. There's an article posted last night mentioning something like ''sympathy kiss' to describe the sudden ''romance'' :D

@bluelilac1214 let me join your happy dance! I hope the ratings and the hype continue to soar as the 2nd part of the story unfolds panda-emoticon-15.gif

kkkk this morning while I was browsing articles about last night's episode, a student came to see me for her thesis supervision appointment. I forgot to clean my browsing history before asking her to look up for some latest research articles on my pc. Now she has something to share to her friends that I've been watching (and reading articles on) Lee Joongi's new drama lol... panda-emoticon-17.gifpanda-emoticon-63.gif

14 hours ago, sal2 said:

wow, fast relationship development! I am kinda worried that there gonna be angst in future episode. but if this is done to make a strong OTP and we gonna see them build a strong law firm and fighting corruption together, and  help other client in between I am all for it. who need angst when we can see them growing in their career and become top lawyer :D hope that what the writer have in mind!

@sal2  Yes the anguish is going to come from her father who CMS will be the birdie in his ear wanting her to breakup and leave BSP maybe even try running her back to Seoul.. I waiting to see her downfall because she truly believes she'll become a supreme court judge..

14 hours ago, RobinM said:

You talking about My Secret Romance by chance?

Usually when characters have sex this quickly it is like in Fated to Love You where the female being pregnant is the main plot point and what the show is about. 

@RobinM  In the TW. Version we had rockets loading locking and off in the Korean Version we had butter churning..:lol: Checkout the Thailand version.. Won't spoil it for you..:ph34r:

On to a more serious note is YH that blind or do she just want to be in the movers and shakers click.. Much as been pointed out to her and her being a prosecutor and all she should know when evidence should be allowed and not.. Watching the judge make these foul calls is really something and it should have been sending up all kinds of signs.. All CMS had to do was mention JY name and she ready to jump right in hook line and sinker.. SMH.. I'm wondering what will her mom do now since she's been brought in by the head lady herself and watching AN bow down to her like god..This should make her wonder how many innocent lives has been taken by her rulings and how much she has been exploited.. 

Now after BSP has pointed out her investigator doing evil her cases should be retried because I'm sure WHM case isn't the first case he has fabricated evidence in..

Hubby :: Hon, they need to get  IT done now,  otherwise they won't have time. Because  from now on, they gonna start extreme kicking a%$. I mean a lot of A%Ses .  Big evil A%$es. Heck, he could end up dying.  As a virgin. Well, I assume he's still virgin.  And noww, he's not anymore! Manse!!!

My crazy husband, everyone :blink: ; when I was freaking out that the bed scene was waayyyyy too early. 

@NoonaE @triplem @40somethingahjumma @sava2sava @antoniaclamens @evie7

Lawless Lawyer episode 6 KYH 1.pngLawless Lawyer episode 6 KYH 2.png

This episode marks a turning point in KYH's life. Not only she loses the trial but she also gets demoted. In other words, KYH is facing a similar situation compared to HJY. In the beginning, the latter lost a trial and also got her lawyer licence suspended, here KYH becomes the laughingstock of the prosecution office because she trusted her inspector too much. Like AOJ and BSP pointed out, she is a victim. Both made the same mistake: they put their trust in someone and got betrayed. Yet, unlike HJY who didn't return to Gisung in order to ask from CMS some favor or support, KYH makes a rash decision. CMS only needs to mention HJY to her that the prosecutor decides to become close to CMS. Her jealousy is her driving force.

Striking is that after the humiliation, KYH is even more focusing on her career than before. If we compare HJY and KYH's situation again, we realize that both got demoted in the name of justice and truth. However, while HJY never regretted her decision, it seems to me that KYH showed some regret. In her eyes, she made a mistake hence she apologizes to CMS. Interesting is that KYH's ambition is finally revealed. Her wish is to become the most powerful prosecutor by CMS's side. To conclude, KYH is different from HJY because the latter has always been driven by her strong sense of justice and fairness, whereas our prosecutor appears to be more attracted by power that's why KYH was so eager to become the spiritual daughter of CMS. In other words, their admiration for CMS had two different sources: for HJY, CMS appeared as a fair and humble judge, while KYH saw the power behind the robe. This explains why CMS preferred HJY over KYH because her affection for her was more genuine.  But we have to remember that KYH knew about CMS's power because of her mother.

Nevertheless, the introduction to the Seven Club is quite interesting because on the one hand, we see KYH's reaction, when she sees the true face of CMS: AOJ is on his knees in front of CMS. These two pictures outline her shock and disgust. On the other hand, she realizes the closeness of CMS-AOJ's relationship. She is not at all pleased, nonetheless after witnessing AOJ's bowing, she shakes AOJ's hand again and adds: "I don't think that I knew you very well, Chairman." She even congratulates him. This handshake is really telling. Despite knowing what kind of man he is, KYH is willing to overlook it in the name of power. Her conscience won't stop her to become an ally of a criminal. AOJ has become the face of the 7 Club, since he is running for mayor election. By the way, the number 7 reminded me of 7 capital sins: lust, greed, gluttony, sloth, envy, pride and wrath. Behind the surface, they are evil and selfish people. 

What caught my attention is that NSJ didn't want KYH to enter that circle. When she begged CMS for mercy, it is clear that NSJ had never had the intention that her daughter becomes the spiritual daughter of CMS. Actually, I have realized that she was herself jealous of HJY and wanted to become herself CMS's heir. But CMS had never intended to make such a choice. It has always been either KYH or HJY. That's why she warned NSJ about showing her true feelings. NSJ wanted her daughter to be a righteous and good prosecutor, she wanted her to remain pure, however NSJ has never realized that by being next to CMS could be the cause of her daughter's wrong choice. As we can see, although HJY and KYH admired CMS due to their parents, their education was the reason why HJY and KYH chose two opposite paths. Now, the question is: how far KYH is willing to go? Moreover, I have the impression now that NSJ could have a change of heart in the long run as she doesn't want her daughter to become dirty.  

26 minutes ago, azuwaza163 said:

Heck, he could end up dying.  As a virgin. Well, I assume he's still virgin.  And noww, he's not anymore! Manse!!!

:D:Dno way.Girl, the kind of kissing we just witnessed dont look sloppy and stuff like a virgin.He grew up on the street.That was experienced gangsta kissing:ph34r:.:lol:.

3 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Yesssss! We've got the highest ratings so far and it peaked at 8.2% cheer3 onion head

tumblr_p9eyql3g9n1w2wd5jo2_500.gifv

About KYH, there is still time for redemption (only on Ep 6!). BSP has already mentioned how she is a good prosecutor so at least someone has some kind of faith in her.

I worry that as she sees JY and SP really fight for justice, the jealousy will consume her and therefore she will align herself with the dark side.

PS. Have yet to watch EP 6 as too busy! Will try to stay away until I watch it.

12 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

About KYH, there is still time for redemption (only on Ep 6!). BSP has already mentioned how she is a good prosecutor so at least someone has some kind of faith in her.

I worry that as she sees JY and SP really fight for justice, the jealousy will consume her and therefore she will align herself with the dark side.

PS. Have yet to watch EP 6 as too busy! Will try to stay away until I watch it.

I think KYH might be the important key that may help to bring CMS to justice

Based on episode 6 , she did not look that happy to join them

She might come around near the final episode to help JY & SP

@azuwaza163 hahaha let me high five your husband! but that's how men view the whole 'romance' thing, I guess hahaha... very practical... as both the PD-nim and Writer-nim are male, no wonder right... the romance part is as efficiently done as possible hahaha... boom! aim straight at the ultimate target! Anyway, I'm pleased to hear that this drama has been enjoyed by male viewers as well :D

As I finished watching Ep 6 with subs, I no longer feel that the romance part is carelessly rushed. It fit the context, especially for JY. I think most of us have noticed here that she actually started the physical contact as it was more of her feelings (or ''emotions'' would be a more appropriate term) eventually coming out. SP was one of her closest connections to her mother, it's just natural that she would feel like he's the only one understanding her feelings (about her mother) after what he'd gone through himself and in the end she seek comfort from him, too. It might not be the same as 'romantic love' yet but they both start having more affection towards one another. And the physical attraction- of course! If I were JY, I would have jumped on to SP's lap since D-1... haha... just like Geum Ja (Geum Gang's little sister).

From the bits of info I gathered, starting Ep 7, Actor Park Ho San (Prison Playbook, My Mister) is going to join the Lawless Lawyer force as a prosecutor (?). He seems to be SP's old acquaintance in Seoul and he might be one of the people who help the LL gang to fight the evil 7. I need more information about this in English, though... I just tried to google translate since a lot of articles coming out this morning from K-media about him joining the cast. So he's not only a cameo but he'll be a permanent character starting Ep 7, it seems B). And we will also have Geum Ja, Geum Gang's lil sis... hahaha she's going to be a pain in the a** for JY esp in terms of her crush for SP lol... in a cute way, of course. Knowing how much tension we will have in the next 10 episodes, only Geum Gang and the minions will keep our sanity! :D

@bebebisous33 interesting observation about YH and her mum... also the 7 club. it is a very complete club, right... there is money (AOJ and the Bank Director), gangster (AOJ), law (CMS the ultimate judge, District Prosecutor, lawyers- YH's mum seems to be a former lawyer, too?), and media (the managing editor). what they don't have yet is the 'politics'... but AOJ is working his way towards that one, too. It's going to be a very tough fight for the LL team... they will need a lot of support! especially from the ''common citizens'' like JY's father. After watching the whole 6 episodes and seeing more of Cha's family backstory, I remember my country's former president- who ruled our country for 32 years. He's a dictator but for years and years we never thought of him as such *me included, especially when I was a kid*. He was a ''saint'' and a lot of people still 'worship' him until now- after almost 20 years since his downfall to the reform and 'people power' movement. the Late Judge Cha seemed to be just like this president- a typical 'Asian dictator'. It will take a lot of effort for this kind of person to step down. We'll see how LL screenwriter will eventually present the downfall (of CMS and also her father's legacy) crazy-monkey-emoticon-106.gif

2 hours ago, SakuraC said:

I think KYH might be the important key that may help to bring CMS to justice

Based on episode 6 , she did not look that happy to join them

She might come around near the final episode to help JY & SP

In my opinion, she might change her mind because of her mother. HJY and BSP want justice because they lost their mother, therefore I am suspecting that something similar might happen to KYH. 

However, I have also noticed that KYH wears a black dress, when she is introduced to the 7 Club, whereas HJY has white clothes on after accepting the truth.

@NoonaE Yes, the judge Cha reminds me of a dictator. Ruler cult is a typical phenomenon for any dictator. Other criteria are propaganda and control of the media, the use of laws and the religious aspect. Hitler transformed The Weimarer Republic (first Germany democracy) by changing the laws and it was legally done. First, he seized the opportunity to abolish or diminish human rights, when the arson of the Reichstag happened: "For safety reasons, a way to deal with terrorists." That's why it is important not to forget that laws doesn't necessarly mean justice. Hitler created laws in order to exclude political enemies, Jews and other minorities from German society. On the surface, Hitler was not breaking the laws, just using it in order to get rid of the opposition and people he considered as parasites. But people seem to forget that Hitler was not alone in this. He had the support of the industrials, banks and willing supporters who believed in his ideology.

Archived