[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

Just wanted to chime in...WOW! This is the perfect role for JG. To show off his MANY skills, and acting talents including his humor all while looking handsome, sharp and charismatic. Finally saw all 4 episodes with subs and this drama has absolutely everything I hoped for LJG and SYJ . The episodes move so quickly. My heart races cause of the amazing action scenes and all the detailed dialogue. I find myself holding my breath then trying to catch it when it ends!  These two make a good team, and the supporting lead roles (villains) are no disappointment. Lawyer BSP gang is so funny, loyal and lets face it, kinda cute if that's at all possible LOL. The characters are revealing themselves a lot faster than I expected. It makes me more curious to see how they will go after each other with some of their identities revealed. The reunion of PD KJM and LJG is sheer explosion and I'm loving it. Thanks all here for your insights and all the clips to help us hang in there until these slow subs come out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chrissydiva said:

I don't think so. I rewatched the clip. She was standing behind them so to their right. When she saw the train, she screamed his name since they were standing on the trail itself. That's when he went to his left and pushed the killer to the right where Jae Yi was standing. 

I will have to rewatch it as it happened so fast.  What I saw were their backs and she was standing to the right so maybe it was the bad guy's back that I mistook for SP. 

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

RE: His stomach problems. I hope he dosen't have the dreaded K drama Cancer or other illness :( 

I didn't notice him having stomach problems. I think I will have to watch all 4 episodes again :tongue: I was probably too focused on the story, watching the action and reading the subs to notice the little details.

More highlights..

These two continue to bring on the sweetness.That stupid judge i posted earlier could learn from this "gangster lawyer":

a.He declares his trust for her and her capabilities

tumblr_p944dkLe1F1rdlm3eo2_250.gif

b.Cheers on his "office manager"(lol and handcuffs are not cute but LJG makes them look cute

tumblr_p91yvgoqVl1s7v19go7_r1_400.gif

c.She can handle her own but he is still worried about her going along to these street brawls..that the Sang Pil gang find themselves in

tumblr_p94uaxtm341r3hugwo4_250.gif

My Highlights for episode 2 (I'm late and I'm picspaming. Sorry)

BSP trying to steal a client

Spoiler

ypP55jv.png

SYH trying to run away

7s4qMtl.png

BSP ruined style

Di5F9Jz.png

Kung Fu Panda gang

JzrrRHj.png

The beggining of a bromance

Spoiler

bs8JAFk.png

Looking for/Making evidence

ZBmdtVj.png

mLcJocX.png

fZJFGpa.png

YQjcFf3.png

BSP remembering again

81DC3Q5.png

BSP smirks at the trial

fexHp0C.png

weFBa7G.png

BSP trying to steal a client. Part 2

Q7rARuJ.png

DRlbOqx.png

h1nJYoy.png

I love the subtle change of expressions... one moment he's laughing the next moment it seems he's trying hard not to cry

BSP trying to steal a client. Part 3

Spoiler

r5Ene4J.png

CwmzRSE.png

WVAZ8km.png

gqM4onS.png

TkyquEG.pngddrOzMy.png

ALTi5Qr.png

V1HlJtZ.png

0VRZJ77.png

65wemWP.pnghITR7U2.png

VP2Wh7k.pngXAFfBBQ.pngZO9fsTG.png

wExaHcA.png

ujEchPy.png

8eRH3pX.png

This must be the best scene from the episode. it was so powerful. BSP jumps from scary to heart broken... the million expressions he delivered is just awesome. that's why the picspam

7W43NFc.png

Succeding to steal a client

Spoiler

PLDCq3o.png

My favorite scene from the episode...

xuQxUZE.png

Spoiler

RMYtQ3Q.png

DX3Mn3G.png

My second favorite scene from the episode...

Hy8HV6C.png

Spoiler

WiH5F3R.png

And my favorite action scene so far

Spoiler

tENXPJR.png

BSP explaining himself to us...

k2YeGTc.png

Spoiler

yA0w5F6.png

xvUVsXH.png

The end

Spoiler

6VVnpiS.png

Hahaha... I love Sang Pil and his minions... the team work is crude but effective. Also great is SP and JY. I really like the actress and she's a very good match for LJG. So far I'm enjoying this more than Dog and Wolf which always felt plodding to me. And I like Seo Ye Ji a lot more as the lead female.

Three episodes in and the show is off to a flying start... All in all a rowdy and rip-roaring ride. First day in court and SP throws down the gauntlet and declares war on the judge and her minions. I suppose he must have let slip that it was his minions that created the chaos in court so that he would land up in jail. It's obvious why he's the Lawless Lawyer, taking a rather unorthodox approach to this legal obligations.

What makes this show extra special is that it fully utilizes LJG' skills as an actor and a martial arts pugilist. I would go so far as to say that it is tailor-made for him. I like every aspect of BSP... the jovial, devil-may-care lawyer, the confident fixer and the vengeful, angsty son. There is definitely a dark edge to BSP. I feel a strong Money Flower/Bad Guys 2 vibe coming out of this but at this stage, the action tends towards the slapstick rather than the raw, brutal violence of BG 2. In some ways, I would say, LL reminds me of a Marvel superhero flick. The gangster part of him is akin to the superhero side and the lawyer part is the alter ego. It's not much of a mask or secret identity as in the case of Daredevil who is also a lawyer by day... but so far I'm really enjoying how the show plays with and balances out both sides of the character's skill set.

Just watched episode 4 and man this show's cinematography is so vivid. It really does look like a comic book. Episode 4 was great all around. Getting better and better. 

@violina love your awesome gifs as always

@_gillianne19_ about the arirang presscon video you share... don´t you think it's weird there's almost no CMS in it?

I finally watched episode 4 with subs. And i must say it again. Drama is awesome

About the tunnel scene, i'm positive SHY was in the opposite side of BSP. Same side with hitman

About BSP going twice to the bathroom. I hope it's just a distraction, to let us think he eat and still has the memory card. no cancer or any other mortal illnes, please.. i need my BSP to be happy forever and ever and ever

Here's an amazing fan mv

Here you can go and like new stills

http://program.tving.com/tvn/lawlesslawyer/3/Board/View?page=1&b_seq=67

VHLBH3TT1VEJQUDPEFBC.jpg

Spoiler

HBGDPPJZBNKHPFYKQMTB.jpg

2ZMGOL1PUVUVBV7D9G5Q.JPG

D1EYLED858KOD5NGKRDS.jpg

And here's the link for Episode 2 BSP beauty parade

I'm curious about the detective JY talked to in episode 4. Apparently he thought SP's mom's death was not a suicide and he had JY's mom's picture in the same case stack with SP's mom. I wonder what information he has about their connection and if he has any specific people in mind for SP's mom's death and JY's mom's "disappearance". 

Also there is no way JY's dad is clueless about the Cha family seeing as he was their photographer for years. What's his deal? 

Lee Joon Gi Spotted Helping Out The Production Staff On “Lawless Lawyer”

Dd2H_5UV0AEsGjy.jpg

Lee Joon Gi’s passion (and heart of gold) knows no bounds!

On May 23, the tvN drama “Lawless Lawyer” released photographs of Lee Joon Gi acting as a junior production staff member on set. In the photos, he helps set up black foil for the lighting crew, holds up a microphone pole, and pretends to be a salesman as he chats up his co-star Lee Hye Young.

Full article>>> https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/22/lee-joon-gi-spotted-helping-production-staff-lawless-lawyer/

On 5/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, evie7 said:

Hey Youdragonhiplz.gif?1 I agree YJ's father knows more then he lets on. Is he really brainwashed by CMS and her father, is just pretending to be to keep YJ safe or is he the insider? I wantto believe YJ's mother is alive but I got so burned from thinking the leads brother was still alive in a jdrama and he did die. So I don't want to be fooled twicepanda-emoticon-84.gif 

Hello @evie7  How are you these days, Hope things are going well nice sharing a thread with you once again.. 

I think both mothers are sleeping with the fishes, They have already had JY mom in the trunk of the car.. I think she had pictures of all the corruptions that was going on and gave he usb to BS mom she who was also work on the inside of the corruption and may was giving her the leads to such meeting places..

The detective knows a lot more also.. What's going to knock Jy off her feet is when Bs and the detective informs her that her judge isn't who she thinks she is and Bs is going to show her slowly but surely as he's doing now..

I thought JY should have took noticed when CMS told her not to trust Bs, Now why would she tell her that about someone she don't know unless she's got something to hide...

It's going to be fum watching Bs give the judge a run for her money can't wait til he pulls her robe off her.. I think first he'll remove her from the bench them her robe.. People like her won't take losing well as she will be the one to have her good dad secrets unmask because of there relationship with the thugs to rob the town blind.. I mean from the court house to the prosecution office as well as the police chief..

It's going to be and interesting watch looking forward how this get's wrap up

@triplem, I'm also digging the actor role who is playing Bs uncle waiting to see him spring into action..

46 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I'm also digging the actor role who is playing Bs uncle waiting to see him spring into action..

Agree.These two also did a great job.I dont know if its the last time we will see them again.If it is, kudos to them for a job well done.

Bong Sang Pil's mum and little bong

tumblr_p8v75lZV9B1wqj5qno4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_p8v75lZV9B1wqj5qno8_r1_250.gif

I first fell in love with him when i saw him ride a horse while the moon is the background in MLSHR.

And fast forward to now, skipping CM, he did it again! I thought i’m over him but nah. Anyway, I don’t advocate speeding but deym because he killed his first scene here in this drama. He was so cool while driving. Cool is an understatement actually. I can’t find the word, i can’t think of anything right now. 

LOL. Yay! They got the spelling of toast right in Ep. 4! :lol: They must have copped a bit of flack for it.    (Occupational hazard, sorry)

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.52.49 pm

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 5.08.15 pm

Ah... LJG... you look good in this ensemble. If you're reading this... wear this more often. You fill out nicely in this.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.53.38 pm

Well, Bong Sang Pil, the fixer... fights dirty with dirty... I love it! If the judge won't play ball, he will roll one of his own. The man is so coolly disruptive that makes fighting corruption fun.

I'm really having a great time so far with what we're getting. I love Sang Pil's Count of Monte Cristo manoeuvring... he's planned for this for a long time and he is pulling out all the stops like some smooth showman. It is really to the credit of LJG's acting ability that SP is such a wonderfully multi-dimensional figure and I especially relish those moments when SP comes face to face with the people who had a hand in his mother's death. His face darkens, the cheek muscles tighten, his breathing increases and you can see that he's exerting every bit of control not to hit or throttle them.

I wanted to talk about the oligarchy that runs Ki Seong. Anybody who is anybody in the city holds a seat at that table and they all dance to Judge Cha's tune... who, despite her pretence at legal sophistication, is nothing more than an extremely powerful kingpin. I use the term "kingpin" rather deliberately here in reference to what I said earlier about Marvel Superheroes etc and the Daredevil in particular. Underneath all that veneer of political and social respectability, all of the men and women are really just gang leaders occupying different roles doing the bidding of their crime boss. The suits, the nice offices, the trappings of wealth notwithstanding. They're not exactly a united front... the tensions are palpable... certain individuals seem to have their own agenda. I see the Chief Prosecutor could become a problem for someone. Not everyone likes the thuggish An O-Ju and not everyone thinks he's an appropriate successor for the man they just disposed of. He's certainly, in terms of education at the bottom of the rung which is perhaps why he's the judge's first choice to be mayor. He seems to be putty in her hands although in the long run, he could end up being more of a liability.

All of this fits well with SP's background and tutelage under his gangster uncle. He's got his own gang operating outside of the law -- tailing suspects, spying on crooks -- stuff that the real cops should be doing but aren't. We see him accustomed to dealing with gangsters and they don't exactly work within the law. But yeah... maybe the bad guys here will turn out to be the good guys.

Since we know who all the baddies are, I guess for me the biggest mystery is what hornet's nest did Mum stumble upon 18 years ago that got a lot of people anxious enough to kill. More than anything else,  that's what I'd like to know.

Overall it feels like tvN has another hit in their hands. I have a good feeling about this one. 

9 hours ago, kjoy said:

I'm curious about the detective JY talked to in episode 4. Apparently he thought SP's mom's death was not a suicide and he had JY's mom's picture in the same case stack with SP's mom. I wonder what information he has about their connection and if he has any specific people in mind for SP's mom's death and JY's mom's "disappearance". 

Also there is no way JY's dad is clueless about the Cha family seeing as he was their photographer for years. What's his deal? 

Me too !  I don't understand how they can say SP's death was a suicide when she was stabbed like that unless they never recovered her body and they faked an over the cliff suicide note.  The detective should also be wondering what happened to the son.

9 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Me too !  I don't understand how they can say SP's death was a suicide when she was stabbed like that unless they never recovered her body and they faked an over the cliff suicide note.  The detective should also be wondering what happened to the son.

My guess is that the police department or certain people of the police department covered it up. I mean I believe they said that detective was even punished for pushing that it wasn't a suicide. Who gets punished for going against the grain unless it was a cover-up? 

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What makes this show extra special is that it fully utilizes LJG' skills as an actor and a martial arts pugilist. I would go so far as to say that it is tailor-made for him. I like every aspect of BSP... the jovial, devil-may-care lawyer, the confident fixer and the vengeful, angsty son. There is definitely a dark edge to BSP. I feel a strong Money Flower/Bad Guys 2 vibe coming out of this but at this stage, the action tends towards the slapstick rather than the raw, brutal violence of BG 2. In some ways, I would say, LL reminds me of a Marvel superhero flick. The gangster part of him is akin to the superhero side and the lawyer part is the alter ego. It's not much of a mask or secret identity as in the case of Daredevil who is also a lawyer by day... but so far I'm really enjoying how the show plays with and balances out both sides of the character's skill set.

Hello @40somethingahjumma  I do get your drift when it comes to the vibe you get from this drama, But I got kind of the healer affect when it came to the fight in the train tunnel.. I guess all we need is him leaping across buildings and we will have it all they have already gave him and action scene swinging around the polls as if he was some dancer.. May as well had him to take off a stitch or two.. lol But he is charming in those tailor made suits.. 

10 hours ago, violina said:

Agree.These two also did a great job.I dont know if its the last time we will see them again.If it is, kudos to them for a job well done.

Bong Sang Pil's mum and little bong

@violina  This Lil boy is a great actor.  I noticed his skills last year in a daily I watch when he played the abandon child of the evil second lead..

11 hours ago, kjoy said:

54 minutes ago, kjoy said:

My guess is that the police department or certain people of the police department covered it up. I mean I believe they said that detective was even punished for pushing that it wasn't a suicide. Who gets punished for going against the grain unless it was a cover-up? 

@kjoy   Your right on point in your theory about the detective being reprimanded for his opinion on BSP mom.. He could have been working undercover with both moms..  I think it was him that sent the wanna be thug mayor the photos of him killing and BSP his package but also we can't rule out JY dad.. I'm just waiting for which one of these men would step forward to unmask themselves..

JY dad can't be that clueless. He's been in that town for years and it's not no way that he's not aware of the things that's going on around him.. Like I said he's doing all to protect Jy and keep her safe..

What do you guy's think of CMs using those orphans names for her criminal activities.. The bells are going off all around them and yet no one seems to notice sort of speaking..  I think Jy dad is very much well aware if this part right along with the detective.. Just wish someone was taking pictures of the money being placed in the cars when all the crooks was at they so called round table meeting..

8 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

I first fell in love with him when i saw him ride a horse while the moon is the background in MLSHR.

And fast forward to now, skipping CM, he did it again! I thought i’m over him but nah. Anyway, I don’t advocate speeding but deym because he killed his first scene here in this drama. He was so cool while driving. Cool is an understatement actually. I can’t find the word, i can’t think of anything right now. 

@anonymouschic  Welcome, I've been a huge fan of LGJ for years if you liked him in MLSHR. You should watch him in scholar who walks the night.. Same genre, All of his Saguek dramas are good as he is a good actor overall and happy he ventured out into something else to show off those skills he has honed for over all the years he's been acting..

I think another word you could be looking for suave ..  No matter how charming and manly he can be it's something about him and JH that still brings out the boyish nature in themselves.. I find it very cute both men or just handsome in there own rights.. 

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

LOL. Yay! They got the spelling of toast right in Ep. 4! :lol: They must have copped a bit of flack for it.    (Occupational hazard, sorry)

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, Bong Sang Pil, the fixer... fights dirty with dirty... I love it! If the judge won't play ball, he will roll one of his own. The man is so coolly disruptive that makes fighting corruption fun.

Thanks for the laugh this morning @40somethingahjumma  Total crack up :lol: But you must admit with there vowels and syllables it would be kind of hard to get Toast correct.  Only very few would be the one to point this out LOL SMH

Loving the fact he's using the dirty part of the law to fight the dirty parts of the law.. What's going to rattle CMS cage she knows he's in his legal bounds and it's nothing she can do about it without revealing how corrupt she is..  

It's going to be fun watching her want to throw the gavel at him when she tries to pull a fast one in the court room and he won't let it fly by him when he makes her do her job the correct way.. 

I'm also looking forward to the showdown between Lil Ms know it all lawyer mom and him because he did see her that night his mom died.. What's he got in store for her..:unsure:

I think BS uncle is his dad does anyone else think that. I think his mum and "uncle" were together but he got into gang stuff. She didn't like that so she left him but didn't tell him she was pregnant because she didn't want BS involved with that stuff. She only revealed it as she was dying because she knows that at least he will be protected and grow strong with his "uncle".

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@violina  This Lil boy is a great actor.  I noticed his skills last year in a daily I watch when he played the abandon child of the evil second lead..

on

which show is that.

17 hours ago, sava2sava said:

The detective knows a lot more also.. What's going to knock Jy off her feet is when Bs and the detective informs her that her judge isn't who she thinks she is and Bs is going to show her slowly but surely as he's doing now..

I thought JY should have took noticed when CMS told her not to trust Bs, Now why would she tell her that about someone she don't know unless she's got something to hide...

About JY and CMS. I think JY must doubt her already. She knows AOJ is a killer, she heard it herself from the hitman. And she knows AOJ is close to CMS, he told it himself and she saw him in the unveiling statue event... she also knows that she rejected clear evidence about the alibi... how not to doubt her at least a little

17 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@triplem, I'm also digging the actor role who is playing Bs uncle waiting to see him spring into action..

I love ANS. he's such a good actor. I'm currently liking his role here and i also hope to see more of him

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

OMG i haven't noticed. lol

I'm really having a great time so far with what we're getting. I love Sang Pil's Count of Monte Cristo manoeuvring... he's planned for this for a long time and he is pulling out all the stops like some smooth showman. It is really to the credit of LJG's acting ability that SP is such a wonderfully multi-dimensional figure and I especially relish those moments when SP comes face to face with the people who had a hand in his mother's death. His face darkens, the cheek muscles tighten, his breathing increases and you can see that he's exerting every bit of control not to hit or throttle them.

everything you said. it's the whole range that LJG is delivering that made BSP real and not a charicature. what we are almost always seeing is a facade. But when BSP confronts their enemies the mask falls and he can't barely hide his struggles. kudos to JG

Overall it feels like tvN has another hit in their hands. I have a good feeling about this one. 

I'm really hoping it will be a hit! so far the drama is on the right path to make it!

Archived