[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

Has anybody posted it here? the English subbed version of Eps 3-4 BTS courtesy our awesome friend jg_k_drama:

it's nice to see the good rapport! and also the good ratings and buzz for this drama! well- deserved!

Spoiler

I have the feeling that SP's and JY's mothers knew each other... perhaps they were working together... if I'm not mistaken, in one of the earlier promotional materials of this drama, it was mentioned that JY's mother was a photographer... that would really make sense if she also turned out to be a journalist. Here's the translated chart again *thanks to jg_k_drama*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update from JG, a re-run (and a special feature? -this needs further accurate translation) of Eps 1-4 back-to-back will be aired tomorrow, Tuesday 22nd May, starting 12.40 p.m. Apparently tomorrow is a public holiday (Buddha's birthday) in SK :). Go stream if you'd like to help with the buzz (and online ratings).

@NoonaE Thanks for confirming my suspicions that HYJ's mother was a photographer. To me, someone who knew her is protecting her secret because like I mentioned above, someone close to CMS (the person knew about the future candidate An) is actually working against the judge. This spy knew HYJ's mother and BSP's mother.

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

someone close to CMS (the person knew about the future candidate An) is actually working against the judge

it's possible... and I'd love it very much if this person is someone 'invisible' to us at the moment. this is what I love from this drama so far... the villains are presented very clearly from the start but there are these mysteries around the happenings that keep us engaged and curious

admire-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Spoiler

Those who watched Ep 4 last night: there's this new character introduced, the bald ahjussi who seemed to be JY's old acquaintance. He's a policeman/ detective, isn't he?  I wonder if he's just doing a cameo or a permanent character as well.

Huh, is it possible that JY's mom is the mysterious person sending SP clues? If she's alive the only way for her to come back is to take down CMS and AOJ and she may be using SP to do it since he already knows info about those two and JY doesn't. 

For those of us who are waiting for full subs before watching, it looks like our viewing schedule will be Mon/Tues on Viki. Subs on Ep 3 is 98% and Ep 4 has not begun yet :(.  I like all the speculations posted here and it sounds like there is more mystery than I expected given that we know who the baddies are already.  In future I shall have to visit this forum after watching the latest episodes first, hopefully by Tuesday each week so that I can participate in the discussions. :tears: 

hi  all,

just quickly scrolled through the posts here, and haven't read all the theories yet, bcs I do not want spoilers :) I was only able to watch ep1+2 until now, but I love it! so much mystery! I'm curious to know the whole story. I love every character so far, they all fit so well in their role! And I'm happy about the ratings. LL fighting!

I am currently catching up on the subbed episodes and I have to say LJG’s Bo Sang Pil has so much swag. I love how he is cheeky & confident , slightly arrogant without being obnoxious. It’s not easy to do that , so mad props to LJG for making a cocky person so likeable. I like our hot tempered Jae Yi. ( Seo Ye Ji has been on my list of to watch actresses ever since I saw her outstanding performance in Save Me) I love how she won’t back down even if it may seem naive. She’s a tough cookie unafraid to speak her mind & use her fist.  :lol:.

I knew there was something cheeky in the way he said that he doesn’t do background checks of those he is uninterested in. From what I read here their encounters were not chances left to fate as BSP has clearly done his homework & is here as Jae Yi’s protector . But honestly I think he’ll need some protecting himself given her temper. :D

They really do make a great team & BSP is right here: 

@bebebisous33 Great analysis of CMS earlier . I relish the fact that the antagonist here is a strong female character. She practically runs Gi Sung ( is this a fictional town?) . I’m now at the part where Jae Yi still hero worships her. My heart might break for JY once she discovers this woman who has been a mentor & maternal figure is not the righteous judge that JY thinks she is. 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NoonaE Thanks for confirming my suspicions that HYJ's mother was a photographer. To me, someone who knew her is protecting her secret because like I mentioned above, someone close to CMS (the person knew about the future candidate An) is actually working against the judge. This spy knew HYJ's mother and BSP's mother.

Hello  @bebebisous33  Always nice being in a thread with you and your insight.. Whatever the reasons CMS has to protect her fathers legend or all will be out in the open what her family is really like and that company will be gone.. JY and BP mom knew to much about them this noble family was just as dirty as they come..  

With what you posted above it's either the old detective or JY dad.. Jy dad knows more then he's leading on.. I thinks he's playing dumb to lead them on and protect JY.. I'm looking forward to her learning her mentor isn't who she thought she was and is responsible for her mom disappearances.. 

Also JY rival, It's going to be fun watching how she's knock down off her high horse thinking she's actually a first class lawyer with a successful winning rate, Only to be ploy to her mom and CMS evil deeds.. Wait til she learns her winning rate was to put innocent people in jail just to cover up CMS and her fathers past deeds.. Also were do her mom get off in competing with JY.. I find it funny she asking CMS if she liked Jy better then her what craziness. 

Well Off To Work Everyone Enjoy 

'    

2 hours ago, hiluna said:

For those of us who are waiting for full subs before watching, it looks like our viewing schedule will be Mon/Tues on Viki. Subs on Ep 3 is 98% and Ep 4 has not begun yet :(.  I like all the speculations posted here and it sounds like there is more mystery than I expected given that we know who the baddies are already.  In future I shall have to visit this forum after watching the latest episodes first, hopefully by Tuesday each week so that I can participate in the discussions. :tears: 

Yes I see another name on the subtitler list. alexchan69.   You go dude! 

Yes, HJY Mom is/was a photographer. 3xZJ3vu.png

I've been trying to figure out dlsr and lens. Looks like a 50mm lens. 

Question:  This show is based in a fictional town but is also a bit in the "future?"  I ask because....20 years ago...the going memory card in a DSLR was Compact Flash. Image result for compact flash card<<<<<-------- And this is big!

Not very swallowable! ----> Related image

And I keep wondering...all these references to BSP and his digestive issues....is the memory card still "in" him?  Or did I see him place it in the book again? Whatever the case...someone also has these photo files and is printing them.

Or were the files that BSP's mom had on her memory chip/card...not necessarily photos but other evidence implicating the Judge. 

I need subs to start to comprehend it all. 

OMG that ending to episode 3 was intense

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that HYJ's mother was a photographer. To me, someone who knew her is protecting her secret because like I mentioned above, someone close to CMS (the person knew about the future candidate An) is actually working against the judge. This spy knew HYJ's mother and BSP's mother.

So you think her mother could be alive? I like your train of thought that someone from the inside is working against her. For a town like Gisung that seems to have the local government entrenched in corruption( I believe that CMS's father was knee deep in it and she inherited that power. She inherited the whole town), it is going to take the help of an insider to bring it down. 

@sava2savaHey Youdragonhiplz.gif?1 I agree YJ's father knows more then he lets on. Is he really brainwashed by CMS and her father, is just pretending to be to keep YJ safe or is he the insider? I want to believe YJ's mother is alive but I got so burned from thinking the leads brother was still alive in a jdrama and he did die. So I don't want to be fooled twicepanda-emoticon-84.gif 

Some news update: "Lawless Lawyer" debuted at #3 on the Content Power Index List

As today it's going to be aired again 4 episodes back-to-back starting 12.40 pm KST, if you have some spare time, please increase the CPI buzz by clicking the naver search link below:

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=news&query=무법변호사&sm=tab_srt&sort=1&photo=0&field=0&reporter_article=&pd=0&ds=&de=&docid=&nso=so%3Add%2Cp%3Aall%2Ca%3Aall&mynews=0&mson=0&refresh_start=0&related=0

So... I watched Ep 3 with English Sub on Viki... and most of the inaudible dialogues were coming from Ahn Oh Joo and Geum Gang lol... pretty much understandable since the two speak in dialects. Anybody here also got the ''North Korean''-ish vibes whenever Ahn Oh Joo bowed 90 degrees to CMS's late father's photo? I wonder what the old man had done to all other citizens of Giseong - what we got from the drama was that he seemed to be a saviour for both Ahn and JY's family (father, especially). Talking about the disappearance of both main characters' mothers... from ep 4 it was clear that police/ detective has filed a case but it seems a cold case now? cute-rabbit-emoticon-19.gif

@pixelsticks the SD card! I was also confused the first time I saw the scene! we don't have an exact time setting for the drama besides the information that SP's mother was killed ''18 years ago'' from their present time. and yes, Giseong is a madeup city; literally means ''silk city'' and somewhat reminds me of ''Kaesong" (a former capital of Goryeo - which is now located somewhere in North Korea... hahaha... Wang So, I can never escape you!) Judging from the flipped cellphone used by Ahn, I thought it should be sometime around the year 2000-ish. But then the micro SD... when was it invented the first time? I know that the normal SD card was introduced in 2000, but just like the pics that you posted, it's kinda big to swallow especially for a 10 y.o kid like SP lol... the digestive problem is intriguing... can he really survive 18 years with such a thing inside his cute tummy? or maybe he didn't really swallow it?confused-milk-bottle-emoticon.gif

can't wait to watch Ep 4 with Eng sub... waiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I haven't seen the full episode 1 yet, just 20 minutes into it and i had to stop watching because of work. Nevertheless, i am satisfied with what i've seen so far. As usual, LJG delivered more than what was expected. It might be to early to tell but he can really do rom-com scenes, i hope that he'll be given such a role in the future. 

Archived