[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Wow. just wow. what an awesome analisys. I also agree about your take on JY's dad. But I'm curious about what's your opinion about AOJ. Because i think after she rejected to support him openly in the fish market he was resented, and he dared to dissobey her later... I so want to see how their relationship will evolve from now on. Maybe AOJ will be her first great mistake, as i think he will try to get free from her hold

@antoniaclamens   @bebebisous33 Insights are more in depth into the drama and I always enjoy reading then because things are pointed out on what I overlooked..

On to your comment Yes AOJ could be the one to turn the tables on her men is ambitions by nature and men can'y have a woman running things for long as they all will team up against her.. I'm also wondering about the prosecutor..  It didn't sit to well with him she choose to make a thug criminal the mayor instead of him.. Which leads me to believe he was eyeing that position for himself to enter politics..  

Great to see my drama buddies @LyraYoo @bebebisous33 on this thread and giving me a shout out! And a big hello to Moon Lovers and LJG fans especially @antoniaclamens  @sava2sava who have gathered here too. As I've said, LL has all the signs of a confidently-made drama, I'm certainly hoping and praying that it will have the stamina to go the distance. With a critically acclaimed director at the helm and a stellar cast, one would certainly have reason to hope. 

@LyraYoo I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the Count of Monte Cristo feels for this although it is interesting that Sang Pil has revealed his identity so quickly in the plot. Obviously he wants people to know who he is, although that presents certain dangers, as he's dropping these breadcrumbs for them everywhere to pick up on. He's a man with a plan and very confident about it... although I don't think his enemies will just sit back and take it lying down. So how he responds to counterattacks will be what I'm most looking forward to, as it is usually the case in these long-term strategic revenge plots. I hope that this is as good as Money Flower, which is probably the closest thing in Kdramaland matching the quality of Nirvana in Fire 1 that I've seen. 

@bebebisous33 In light of your analysis, what does interest me is how that veil that Judge Cha has placed over the eyes of the people will fall off. As you say, her family has had such a grip over Ki Seong for at least two generations. And it's not through fear but love and veneration. That's not something one can dismantle overnight or easily. Cultic fervency is not so easily detached.  It also really disturbs me that children are somehow involved in all of this. I'm hoping that all she's doing is exploiting them for PR purposes and nothing more. I know I've been watching too many OCN dramas the last few years but it does beg the question. I hope we're not dealing with really ugly, seedy stuff here. The "p" word comes to mind.

Another reason why I have my suspicions about the judge's extracurricular activities is because of the comment she made to SP at the courthouse when she says he reminds her of his mother. Her question "Do you think you're the first one to stand here?" suggests to me that she has done some awful stuff to other people or other kids but she's managed to cover it up.

It's clear that the Cha machinery is extensive and I do agree that it has religious overtones because it is much easier to bend people to your will when you first get them to hero-worship you to the point that they think you can do no wrong. I do think however, that Judge Cha's veneration of her own father is absolutely genuine. She isn't just using his legacy to prop up her own ambitions. If anything, I believe she is definitely trying to continue his legacy and Golden City is some kind of monument to it. People like her must first be convinced by the rightness of their cause before they can hoodwink others along for the ride. She really does believe her own press and feels justified in trading on it. I think it was JY who asked her why she didn't take up a position in the supreme court with all its prestige. Why would she, when she's practically the Queen of Ki Seong dispensing enough justice to be beloved by the public while at the same time, letting the crooks do business to keep them under her thumb. It's a pretty nice set-up.

There's probably a cautionary tale in there somewhere about putting people on pedestals when all human beings have feet of clay. It wouldn't surprise me if Sang Pil's mother found out something about the late (father) Judge Cha that was of seismic proportions.

@40somethingahjumma I agree with you that CMS's veneration for her father is genuine hence her longtime dream has been to turn her father into a god. That's why she didn't want AOJ to mention his candidacy at the inauguration. She wants to maintain CHB's good name for centuries. As for keeping NYH and HJY in the dark, she has two reasons for that: she needs to find a daughter for her legacy so that the name of Cha remained cherished in that town. Furthermore, she needs their support in order to feel better. It was clear that CMS is even manipulating the prosecutor. She wanted the lawyer of WHM to act like a real lawyer which he didn't hence CMS got upset. She clearly reminded him that NYH could become suspicious. Besides, she was also afraid that WHm might change the lawyer which actually happened. 

The Mother Teresa/CMS comparisons on this show are very interesting considering Mother Teresa's big thing was always humility:

- Speak as little as possible of one's self 

- Mind one's own business

- Avoid desires to manage other people's affairs

- Avoid curiosity

- Accept contradictions and correction cheerfully

- Pass over the mistakes of others

- Accept insults and injuries

- Accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked

- Be kind and gentle even under provocation

- Never stand on one's dignity

- Always choose the hardest

I'd say Judge Cha is severely lacking in all of these qualities. 

Cool family trait...dramatic entries

Uncle

tumblr_p97kvtWAKB1t2b7cuo2_500.gifv

nephew:

tumblr_p97kvtWAKB1t2b7cuo1_500.gif

Also these two(lawyer ha &lawyer bong)

a.they have bashed heads

Spoiler

tumblr_p93eh1Bh7o1vem8apo3_540.gifv

b.chest contact

Spoiler

tumblr_p93eh1Bh7o1vem8apo4_540.gifv

c.now they bashed hands

tumblr_p94uaxtm341r3hugwo2_250.gif

what next?bashed lips?

What I really loved about eps 4 was that CMS's  machinery is slowly but surely showing cracks. Within her inner circle of influential men and women of Kiseong, YH's mum and Prosecutor Jang (who I suppose would have been the more logical choice for the mayoral candidate) are opposed to An's candidacy. But An himself is not the obedient dog that CMS has thought that he would be. I was  tickled at the fact that  in this somewhat religious-like unveiling of her father's statue , it was hijacked twice - by An and BSP. I love it. With all the cards laid out on the table I'm looking forward to how BSP will bring CMS down. It will of course be an uphill battle given that CMS herself has extensive influence on the judiciary and not to mention deep deep pockets. ( Though I should not be shocked at the amount of money in her safe, it was still quite a sight  to see the stash of cash that she had). I am sure that YH's mum has a lot of dirt on CMS. In spite of the facade she puts up being CMS's number  one supporter, she's also been digging things about CMS. So she may be the tool that BSP and gang will need to use to get to CMS.

@40somethingahjumma Taking things at face value, it would seem that CMS is just using her visits to the orphanage to create some positive chatter .  But there was this scene in eps 3 which struck me. The man that YH's mum was talking to. What was that about? He gave her some info about the orphan . Is this how she recruits her protege, looking out for bright young kids with no maternal figures  so that she could form some bond , the way she did with Jae Yi? Or perhaps there is something more sinister? After all, it seems that child traffickers are still running around in this town

Spoiler

MKWg5bp.png8CBe9E2.png

@bebebisous33 Liked your analysis earlier. I agree that the reverence that the town folk has for Senior Judge Cha is almost religious / cult like.  If he is the idol they worship, CMS must surely be the high priestess. Even her speech sounds almost like a sermon of sorts.  I wanted to ask you what you thought of this statement that YH's mum asked CMS when the former complained that CMS seem to favour Jae Yi more than her. And CMS said this to her:

"Whovever I show my true feelings to is in the most difficult position. Remember that."

So is she admitting to deceiving Jae Yi all this while about who she really is?

A late hello to @sava2sava . Glad to see you here. What really works for me in this drama is how both Sang Pil's  and Jae Yi's characters have been written.  In the cowboy town that is Kiseong, I appreciate how unorthodox BSP's ways are in looking for evidence and finding information. Of course he  really does not have a choice given that those in authority and of influence are a law unto themselves. In just 4 episodes we have been shown of his assuredness, foresight and quick thinking. But I think what makes me root for him is those moments when his cool and  sometimes cocksure demeanour makes way for these touching vulnerable ones. Seeing him sad , seeing him angry , you realise that underneath the fortitude and valour that he has on display is the broken spirit of a person robbed of his mother's love and a proper childhood.

1hb0S2k.pngKf9uHOr.png

Jae Yi is an unusual heroine in kdrama land. The temper she has is balanced by the sweetness to her personality. Perhaps she's naive or like CMS says she is too trusting , but that's what i love most about her. I liked that she is smart & observant,  and quick to catch onto things. I appreciate how she reacted to Sang Pil telling her about who CMS really is. Instead of becoming all emotional and letting things fly off the handle, she asked him to show her. So you can tell she's not completely blinded by her respect and reverence for CMS as well.

I know it is really early days for us to be talking about romance. I am in no hurry for it but being a romantic at heart , I do love the quiet moments where we see Sang Pil looking at her. Though it is borne out of his vows of wanting to protect her and repay her mother's sacrifice for his life, there is a part of me that thinks maybe there's already something a bit more than that. :lol:  Alright,  alright....given how there's so much going on, I am expecting a slow burn  romance wise but I do feel my heart flutter at their banter and interactions

96K0ea8.png

looking forward to new episode today :D some rambling before watching. so our girl gonna start unwrapping BSP and CMS past. I actually like that she trust with her heart people that she is close to, but I am happy that they gonna show her mental state as she start to learn that her "mother" figure is not what she seems. wonder if HJY gonna learn something about her birth mother in her search for the truth. I think this gonna be start on her growth as she need to learn how to judge other people. She already start to understand who BP is as a person and how she did judge him to early. I think in the end she gonna chose BSP.  

I knew that HJY's father would perceive BSP's intervention at the inauguration as something bad and would side with CMS. He will remain a believer of CMS and her father for a long time ... until he witnesses something with his own eyes. Even when HJY sides with BSP, he won't listen to her. In his eyes, CMS saved HJY as she found her, while the little girl was waiting/looking for her mother.

Watched the live stream. And I'll just leave this here:

Because, Oh My God!!! happy dancing crazy rabbitcheer1 onion head

So many things happened today. But I'm kinda speechless after seeing the preview. Need time to collect my thoughts. Because!!! cheer3 onion headsmooth crazy rabbit

Will we really get to see this tomorrow or are they playing with our hearts??? I have trust issues with K drama writers....

The Preview for Ep 6

Archived