[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

Stills of tonight episode!!! They're so cute, I hope to see a few of these scenes tonight, we deserve it B).

Source

God, these stills are so beautiful. Their smile at the last picture OMG, so romantic. The way Jung Hae In looks at Son Ye Jin like the world just contains the two of them and like there is no tomorrow. Finally a cute scene like this while facing the upcoming angst

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

But if JH's sister did see the sketches she could think that JH has a crush on JA but not in a relationship.

The problem here is that most of the sketches show JA sleeping.Those poses are too private to be normally seen by JH... But I too believe that KS will find out about their relationship in today’s episode, but I doudt that she will be so understanding as SH...

Good Data Corporation revealed their ranking of the most buzzworthy TV appearances for the week of April 9 to 15. They analyzed netizen reactions to drama actors by looking at the number of news articles, blog posts, communities, social media posts, and video clip view counts for each celebrity.

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin from JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” took the first two spots in the drama category. 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/21/jung-hae-son-ye-jin-iu-named-buzzworthy-week/

Jung Hae In, Son Ye Jin, And IU Named Most Buzzworthy Drama Stars Of The Week

Spoiler

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In-IU.jpg

Jung Hae In, Son Ye Jin, and IU have topped the list of most buzzworthy TV appearances in the drama category!

See Also: Jang Geun Suk Transforms Into A Charming Doctor For "Switch"

Good Data Corporation revealed their ranking of the most buzzworthy TV appearances for the week of April 9 to 15. They analyzed netizen reactions to drama actors by looking at the number of news articles, blog posts, communities, social media posts, and video clip view counts for each celebrity.

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin from JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” took the first two spots in the drama category. IU came in third for her latest drama “My Ahjussi,” followed by her co-star Lee Sun Gyun. The next two spots went to Red Velvet’s Joy and Woo Do Hwan for “Tempted.”

The top 10 buzzworthy drama appearances are as follows:

1. Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)
  2. Son Ye Jin (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)
  3. IU (“My Ahjussi”)
  4. Lee Sun Gyun (“My Ahjussi”)
  5. Joy (“Tempted”)
  6. Woo Do Hwan (“Tempted”)
  7. Kim Myung Min (“The Miracle We Met”)
  8. Kam Woo Sung (“Should We Kiss First”)
  9. Jang Geun Suk (“Switch”)
  10. Kim Won Suk (“My Ahjussi”)

Drama-Star-Buzzworthy-Rankings.jpg

If you haven’t already, catch the latest episode of “Tempted” below!

SOOMPI

Since it takes time for the english subs to come out, my first option is also to come here to read snippets that have been translated by our chinggus. Thanks a lot @stroppyseand

@jeijei

Between the two drama titles: “Something in the Rain” and “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”, I prefer the latter coz it sounds more novel and it tells how he was able to win her over.

There are already a number of dramas about love blossoming under the rain. Well, sharing a cramp space under the umbrella with someone can be quite romantic. Thus, when Joon-hee chose to buy only one umbrella my reaction was, this is one wise, romantic guy. He definitely is a player like his friends said who knew how to win a woman’s heart. But maybe his past conquests were mostly girls around his age so it was quite a challenge for him to win over Jin-ah who is out of his league (being older and more advanced, career-wise)

It was quite witty of him to take advantage of his younger brother status to get Jin-ah’s guard down. Slowly but surely, spending time with her in the excuse of a meal, gave way to small talks that gradually developed to heart-pouring conversations and Jin-ah unconsciously began to depend on Joon-hee and looked forward to their heart-warming rendezvous. At a time when she was most vulnerable, Joon-hee became a knight in shining armour who stayed by her side and cheered her up, without being too nosey and bossy. The fondness she already felt for him in her heart unwittingly grew to love. 

That they grew up together and knew each other’s personalities helped a lot in building up their relationship. The foundation is quite strong and is the reason why they can be trusting of each other. Because she is older than him, he not only loves her but also respects her a lot. So those times when he let her have her way, while quite humbling is also something born out of love and of habit. On the other hand, Jin-ah is also very understanding and caring of Joon-hee. She is honest with him and reciprocates his feelings without restraint. I cannot imagine falling for a younger man who is my bestfriend’s brother and also admitting to it so I think it was very bold of Jin-ah to have done that. LOL. :D

I also feel that their age difference isn’t too big. Jin-ah is really pretty and looks younger than her age. She has a bright and easy-going personality so she is fun to be with. Although Joon-hee  is younger, how he handled the various situations they got themselves in showed that he is a responsible and matured man. A man in his 30s usually is already matured in thinking compared to those in their 20s. 

I love how the plot unfolds. Especially those parts where they just show the couple in their lovey-dovey moments with only a background music playing, words are not needed when two hearts are speaking and perfectly understanding each other. 

My one frustration with Kdramas is that I feel that they are terribly lacking on physical intimacy. Honestly, there were countless times when I feel like shouting “Hey, there should be a kiss here.” “What? Only a hug?” “How can they just stare at each other like that after being apart for a long time?” “Is that even a kiss?” LOL :tongue: 

I hope our couple will be able to hold on till the end and be happy with everyone’s support. If the writer wants this drama to be fondly remembered and watched over again and again, that is the most prudent thing to do. I can’t count the many dramas I have doggedly watched from the beginning but never finished watching due to bad endings. I also tell my drama friends not to watch them, that’s how ruthless I can be. Hehehe... I really wish this is one drama I can higly recommend to my friends and which I will gladly rewatch later during times when I need cheering up.

About Kyung Sun... Yup, it will be hard for her to accept Joon Hee and Jin Ah relationship but it's not because Jin Ah is her bestfriend, more to because of Jin Ah's mother. She must have known that Jin Ah's mother will not accept Joon Hee no matter what...

So Jin Ah's mother is basically the biggest problem in this drama...lol

K-DRAMA REACTION: PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD | EPISODE 6

I love Jin-a’s father Yoon Sang-ji (Oh Man-seok) so much. He is the total opposite of his tactless wife Kim Mi-yeon (Kil Hae-yeon). When I saw Dad waiting for Jin-a inside her room, I knew he would be on Jin-a’s side. He will try to understand his daughter’s decision not to tell them what she’s up to recently, and I hope when the truth comes out, he will be the first one to accept his daughter’s relationship with open arms.

2 hours ago, junerain7 said:

My one frustration with Kdramas is that I feel that they are terribly lacking on physical intimacy. Honestly, there were countless times when I feel like shouting “Hey, there should be a kiss here.” “What? Only a hug?” “How can they just stare at each other like that after being apart for a long time?” “Is that even a kiss?” LOL :tongue: 

I hope our couple will be able to hold on till the end and be happy with everyone’s support. If the writer wants this drama to be fondly remembered and watched over again and again, that is the most prudent thing to do. I can’t count the many dramas I have doggedly watched from the beginning but never finished watching due to bad endings. I also tell my drama friends not to watch them, that’s how ruthless I can be. Hehehe... I really wish this is one drama I can higly recommend to my friends and which I will gladly rewatch later during times when I need cheering up.

@junerain7

I think this is one drama which is not bad at all on the "skinship" front (to use a Korean phrase :tongue: ) - there are lots of lovey dovey, hugging and sweet kisses scenes!! Definitely much more than others :)

And agree with you on the ending, the ones we like and watch and re-watch are the one's with a "Happy ending" - so I hope that part is recognized and catered to :wink: .  PD and writer nim - hopefully they are reading.  No "Sad" or "Open" endings please, only "Happy endings" will do :)

I was saying earlier, I loved the drama "Misty" throughout its showing and kept intending to re-watch it once it ended.  But when I heard about its ending, forget the re-watching part, I have still not watched the last two episodes and have no enthusiasm to do so either!!  The ending I heard was definitely not satisfying and even worse the messaging :angry: 

I love this drama! It was above my expectation ever since from ep 1.

What I find frustrating at times is her way of thinking and action. I know her personality is not to cause trouble or inconvenience for people hence always says  'yes' to people but still... getting into a car to sort out the mobile phone?

That is a BIG NO NO... don't know what she was thinking. 

Her dad is sooo cool!! I really like the characters in this drama.

I think in general, society needs to change their way of thinking on Noona and younger brother relationship.

It's unfair whereby it's OK for a guy to be older by a margin and yet girls can't be older by few years. 

Hence I like this drama as it challenges this concept.

@triplem and @ELlovelyz I agree with your views. Jin-ah’s mother is a practical woman. Even with her husband, she was quite ruthless when reminding him about how would it had been had he done things her way. I understand her concern for Jin-ah but that same concern had blinded her to see what can make her daughter happier. 

I see nothing wrong with JA and JH’s relationship. This is when we say “age does not matter” in love. They are only reluctant to openly admit it due to the inevitable outlandish reaction of their family. Those people have certain expectations from them which they are also careful not to disappoint. JH knew his friends would be more open-minded after overcoming the initial shock so he started with them. 

If I were KS, I would also express surprise upon knowing that my bestfriend is in a relationship with my younger brother. My other concern would be if JA’s mother will accept him as she is quite vocal about her standards for a son-in-law. I’m curious how the mother will later change her mind on this. It will require a lot of sincere efforts from our couple.

Like @mxxella, I also admire JA’s father for respecting her daughter’s feelings. Between him and the mother, he’s the more sentimental type.

Our couple’s kind of love is a once-in-a-lifetime find. It’s something we viewers are also wishing for that’s why we are easily drawn to them. Jung Hae in and Son Ye Jin played their roles quite well. No wonder they made it to the top list of most buzz-worthy drama stars. 

While I have said earlier that this drama has shown progress on skinship and intimacy, the scenes are actually sweet and innocent. So it still depends a lot on the viewer’s mind to imagine what’s going on under the sheets. LOL. 

@silvermine  that drama was on my list to watch but I removed it due to disappointed feedbacks on the ending. I am a short story writer myself. I will rather write a story that  will uplift unless I want to make a good statement to be remembered by resorting to a tragic ending like a lesson to be learned. Otherwise, viewers will feel cheated after having invested  much of their time and emotions in waiting and watching the drama. 

2 hours ago, ELlovelyz said:

About Kyung Sun... Yup, it will be hard for her to accept Joon Hee and Jin Ah relationship but it's not because Jin Ah is her bestfriend, more to because of Jin Ah's mother. She must have known that Jin Ah's mother will not accept Joon Hee no matter what...

So Jin Ah's mother is basically the biggest problem in this drama...lol

I agree. KS’s reason for opposing the couple being together will be because of JA’s mum. In ep 7, KS told SY that family background is important to JH’s parents. I believe she took reference from JA’s mom’s response when they had dinner together. Then JA’s mom made a big deal about how it is important to look at family background in choosing a life partner.  

I am hoping that JA’s Father will be the one to knock some sense into his wife. It will be so satisfying to watch him stand up to her and correct his wife’s materialistic worldview.

I really  like her dad. So wise and calm a dad, and someone who's willing to trust and believe in his daughter.

The dad would make a very good counsellor/therapist. Or the good kind of ethical lawyer - not those fighting for their fees,  or to escalate cases to get more $.

He Listens (vs her mom who berates). He's Observant (and Wise), without opening his mouth too much = the quiet sitting in her room waiting for her.

He's also Analytical and can see GM is wrapped up in HIMSELF, rather than his daughter. Right now it's GM's meeting to ask  dad apology -  that he had to admit wrong, and kneel back then for his misdeed. All which is so besides the pt (OMG, GM still doesn't see cheating on JA as a wrong move, and neither is he regretful at all he lost JA. Where is the LOVE?!! And it's apparent GM has a mean streak)

That scene unfolded so naturally. And was so calmly handled with cool.

I like how in the cafe scene where Dad drinks and then drinks from his mug again to digest and process GM's words ... and to stall/give himself some time to think before answering.

Even IF he was surprised at the outing of JH (though I think  really wasn't taken aback - he might have known in a way when he was sitting in her room) = his responses were so coolly NON-reaction , it was now time for shocked GM to take a drink! LOL!

And what GREAT answers! :wub::lol:

Archived