[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JA's father is awesome! JA's father and GM talk.

JA Father: The person that you’ve been talking about until now, do you mean Joon Hee?
GM: Joon Hee or whoever, I don’t know. The guy I saw at your house, Seung Ho’s friend, he’s the one that Jin Ah has been seeing. And, even Jin Ah has said it herself, that he’s her boyfriend.

SH: Why are you here?
JH: Why ask when you know?
SH: Even crawling here on your knees wouldn’t have been enough, but what? “Why ask when you know?”
JH: Do you want to talk here?

JA Father: So? Why did you want to see me?
GM: Apologize to me. Treating me as the only one who was cheating, I came to get your apology for that.
JA Father: I don’t think I was wrong.
GM: Well, Yoon Jin Ah was seeing someone else as well.
JA Father: You said you did it first. Then there is no reason why Jin Ah couldn’t see someone else after that.
GM: Well. Well, that is true, but…
GM: She says she’s dating her little brother’s friend, and are you really okay with that?
JA Father: Actually, I prefer it. Since I’ve seen him since he was a child, he feels like a son to me. And, how sincere and kind he is, I know better than anyone. So, he’s dating our Jin Ah, could I like anyone better? Because he’s like a son to us, Jin Ah must not have been able to tell us for fear that we’ll be shocked. For finding me like this to tell me about it, thank you.

Thanks a million chingu for your efforts!!

JA's dad is really the best!! I knew it! I knew that he would be supportive!!:D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A note from the back end:

Our translators DO love inverted sentences. I don't understand Korean, so I go by the English rules. Normally, I'd switch these phrases for readability. But not this one. When I was going over this, I figured that maybe this is what the Korean sentence transliterates to. This line actually works even in English. It emphasizes "for a very, very long time" because it puts the phrase as the subject. Also, when you utter this sentence,  you'd have to pause and breathe before saying "I'll love you." This may seem trivial to some, but I believe it adds to the drama's romance. Their language is plain yet sincere. It's the language of familiarity. It's the language of real love.

vlcsnap-2018-04-20-14h46m44s693.png

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

With JA's voiceover, I thought the inversion of that phrase was beautiful, and actually, I thought that since the "I love you" was the very last thought, that it gave more emphasis to the "I love you" to have it end the sequence and the preview.

Aww, isn't that a nice touch? Props to the scriptwriter and the editor. It's really beautiful  -- anticipating what someone would do for a very, very long time, and then hearing it's loving you. It's not just a promise. It's also a vow. Wait, did she just write her wedding vow with that voicemail? 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

JH: Even though we just talked, I want to hear your voice again and I want to see you again. Is this a disease?
JA: It’s a major disease. You probably won’t recover easily.
JH: Take responsibility for it.

Lolllll:lol: they sure got infected by a major disease. They are already crazy of each other.

I think both would be best for each other.  They both know each other for 20 years now.  We can see how they both adjust themselves acc.to their mood.  When he was angry, she appeased him both times when GM tried to sexually assault her and at the police station.   When they both converse, if he see a change of mood in her, he just stop then or apologize to her.  Also her dating experience with GM should put some sense into both omma and KS.  JH-being a player in the past, he is ready for marriage and taking responsibility for one woman.   He cherishes her so much. Hope both omma and KS understand them and accept them as a couple.  Fighting!!!!

2 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

The ratings for episode 7 dropped to 5.322% from 6.187% http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Something_in_the_Rain/Episode_Ratings

Why oh why. In episode 5 when they only did lovey dovey scenes, the ratings were higher than episode 4. I hope tomorrow the ratings will increase.

Could someone enlighten me about this?

Obviously lovey dovey scenes without any plot more attractive for us viewers hahahaha

I perused the most recent comments and did not see anyone mentioning Jin Ah's revelation at the camping trip that she will soon be 40 years of age..  I was surprised, well, ok pretty much taken aback by that admission.  I thought Jun Hee might be in his early 30's and Jin Ah might possibly be 35-36 years old but not nearing 40.  So how old is Jun Hee supposed to be?

As much as I love Jun Hee's unabashed all out love for Jin Ah, I would really love when asked by Jin Ah why he loves her to be answered with a response that is a bit more than just "you're pretty".  He has expressed that repeatedly and although he has said a few times that he loves her for who she is, nevertheless, that "pretty" description starts sounding a bit superficial.  Almost just a boyish, immature,  somewhat shallow of a response.  I want the depth of Jun Hee's love to be matched with equally profound reasons for his love. 

Love is love regardless of age, however, I can't help but quantify the age gaps between the older and younger partners. The two partners bring into the relationship different elements which I feel enriches the other and it can be quite interesting, exciting and just lovely. So I'm all for Jun Hee and Jin Ah's relationship and am enjoying, for the most part, their interactions.

3 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

The ratings for episode 7 dropped to 5.322% from 6.187% http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Something_in_the_Rain/Episode_Ratings

Why oh why. In episode 5 when they only did lovey dovey scenes, the ratings were higher than episode 4. I hope tomorrow the ratings will increase.

Could someone enlighten me about this?

Well the episode was a bit slow today. It’s only towards the end that it started getting interesting, people were probably bored. But next episode looks good so hopefully they’ll come back.

Lol Our Pretty Noona couple was being compared with the legendary SongSong couple in term of an older woman-younger man relationship. It was even a fierce competition between the two.

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2018/04/song-song-reigns-supreme-as-1-older.html?m=1

It was just weird to compare a real life couple with a drama couple:lol:

3 hours ago, cheremaman said:

I perused the most recent comments and did not see anyone mentioning Jin Ah's revelation at the camping trip that she will soon be 40 years of age..  I was surprised, well, ok pretty much taken aback by that admission.  I thought Jun Hee might be in his early 30's and Jin Ah might possibly be 35-36 years old but not nearing 40.  So how old is Jun Hee supposed to be?

As much as I love Jun Hee's unabashed all out love for Jin Ah, I would really love when asked by Jin Ah why he loves her to be answered with a response that is a bit more than just "you're pretty".  He has expressed that repeatedly and although he has said a few times that he loves her for who she is, nevertheless, that "pretty" description starts sounding a bit superficial.  Almost just a boyish, immature,  somewhat shallow of a response.  I want the depth of Jun Hee's love to be matched with equally profound reasons for his love. 

Love is love regardless of age, however, I can't help but quantify the age gaps between the older and younger partners. The two partners bring into the relationship different elements which I feel enriches the other and it can be quite interesting, exciting and just lovely. So I'm all for Jun Hee and Jin Ah's relationship and am enjoying, for the most part, their interactions.

I took it to mean she was deliberately trying to be outrageous, amongst the younger crowd. A self-defence mechanism for her own noona insecurity.  Hence "turning 40" joking exaggeration.

JA's something like 35, against JH's  30 ... no?

JH's sister though doesn't seem anywhere JA's chronological age. KS acts/appears/looks older - like an older ajumma.

thank you for the constant translations @stroppyse and @jeijei for your effort to translate to subs. 

giphy.gif

I have finally caught up with ep 5-6 with subs. The mother annoys me a lot. like really, I rather quite like JA's father. He is really understanding, he could be overbearing and demand that JA tell him everything but if anything. He is just waiting for the time when his daughter will tell him everything.

I have to admit I have not yet watched the full of EP 7. But I have seen clips here and there.

But the ex really really scares me gosh he is like hello crazyyyyyy.....

I think the hiding of the relationship soon it will all come crashing down somewhat. I dont know I feel that JH's sister won't be so welcoming of the relationship between the two.

But if JH's sister did see the sketches she could think that JH has a crush on JA but not in a relationship.

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

JA's father is awesome! JA's father and GM talk.

JA Father: The person that you’ve been talking about until now, do you mean Joon Hee?
GM: Joon Hee or whoever, I don’t know. The guy I saw at your house, Seung Ho’s friend, he’s the one that Jin Ah has been seeing. And, even Jin Ah has said it herself, that he’s her boyfriend.

SH: Why are you here?
JH: Why ask when you know?
SH: Even crawling here on your knees wouldn’t have been enough, but what? “Why ask when you know?”
JH: Do you want to talk here?

JA Father: So? Why did you want to see me?
GM: Apologize to me. Treating me as the only one who was cheating, I came to get your apology for that.
JA Father: I don’t think I was wrong.
GM: Well, Yoon Jin Ah was seeing someone else as well.
JA Father: You said you did it first. Then there is no reason why Jin Ah couldn’t see someone else after that.
GM: Well. Well, that is true, but…
GM: She says she’s dating her little brother’s friend, and are you really okay with that?
JA Father: Actually, I prefer it. Since I’ve seen him since he was a child, he feels like a son to me. And, how sincere and kind he is, I know better than anyone. So, he’s dating our Jin Ah, could I like anyone better? Because he’s like a son to us, Jin Ah must not have been able to tell us for fear that we’ll be shocked. For finding me like this to tell me about it, thank you.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE JA'S FATHER! He is such a cool and understanding man

compared to the mother gosh..

8 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

Stills of tonight episode!!! They're so cute, I hope to see a few of these scenes tonight, we deserve it B).

Source

@dulcinea1  SYJ is sooo cute.. her in this stills reminds me of her character in Personal Taste with Lee Min Ho hahahaha.. her trademark hair bun n how she writes on his back

Archived