[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

2 hours ago, rain89 said:

BTS of the police station scene.

I love how PD-nim always says “Ah, you did well” instead of cut every time, he’s so sweet.

Now I kinda feel bad for the actor that plays kyu min but at least he’s getting more experience.

I laughed when Son Ye Jin was laughing hard looking at the actor who starred as Gyu Min lol. The moment when they laughed over Gyu Min calling "Omma", I also laughed lol

1 hour ago, ELlovelyz said:

LOL The BTS is so funny. All of them just can't help themselves from laughing. Jung Hae In can't even look at the actor that plays Lee Gyu Min anymore and hug Son Ye Jin instead because it's too funny :joy:

Lol trueee when he hugged her, I also laughed and at the same time felt that it was a so sweet moment lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mandy77777 said:

Hi,  I'm new here. I just wanna say I love this drama so much.  

I just read the news that jtbc will rerun Pretty Noona on Monday - Tuesday at 11pm time slot until 15th May.  They do this because of the drama popularity and the new drama which replaces Waikiki is delayed in filming. Hope the rating will be good.  

Glad that the popularity of this drama is still so strong. I just hope the ratings this week will increase

Hi!

I'm new here. Didn't know Hae Jin before until this drama came with Ye Jin. I'm a big fan of Ye Jin's works. :) Hae Jin is doing soooo go in this drama. He deserves all the attention he's getting right now. I hope this drama won't have a tragic ending. :)

Just finish watching this week's eps and here is my personal opinion after watching them. I would rate these eps 7/10. The reasons are:

1. It slightly pulled back to that boring, predictable kdrama obsessive ex scenario with a car accident thing (the only realistic part about that accident was she didn't lose her memory). Why would she get in his car in the first place, knowing he tried to sexually harass her before? If I were her, I would never put myself in any situation with someone like him. I have to say I watched it without the subs so I might have missed a lot of details but still though.

2. Why is this drama keep building that feeling of rejection from her mom and his sister? I could see the mom's reasons from the prior eps, but I can't see why his sister would detest their relationship knowing who JA is. Again, this is my personal opinion and I am sharing my opinion since this drama is considered to be very relatable. If my younger brother starts a relationship with one of my friends, I don't think I would try to separate them or even make it my business to meddle. Because, I know my brother well and my friends are reliable people (if they weren't, we won't be friends). Doesn't his sister know who JA is on a personal level? After all, they've been friends for more than 20 yrs? Plus, isn't JA younger than her? If the age is a problem for her, JA isn't that older than JH, like 4 years?

3. Why would JH reject the offer of going to China for only 3 months just because of his GF? I mean, If I were a man in his situation, I would go gladly because it sounds like a good training and career advancement opportunity. I would do anything to make sure I can support my loved ones comfortably even if I have to live 3 months apart from them with all the ways to communicate with them. Didn't he hear why JA's mom like her ex so much from JA's brother in ep 3 or 4 (his background, parents, education and job implied in that right)? If he knows at least that much, he should do everything to show her why he is a reliable person for her daughter job wise even if he can't do anything about his parents. 

4.  These eps also seemed to focus too much on JA's job situation with whatever the men trying to hide or do.

Of course, there were some cute scenes, but it seems like you guys already covered everything :).

He's so handsome wearing the black suit...I'm swooning! 

Ahhhh, the fans are so lucky to spot him!

I got to know him as Tae Hee oppa from Goblin cos I am a super fan of Goblin and Gong Yoo. I dunno anything about JHI and didn't watch his other dramas such as WYWS, Prison Playbook etc. 

One day, while watching a program on TV, I saw a press conference about JHI, SYJ and Director promoting a new drama and it is inspired from the Song Song couple. When I saw him on TV, I immediately thought “Hey, that’s Tae Hee oppa!”

That got me curious and I googled about this drama and how the director got his inspiration. And I started watching episode 1 without much expectation cos I am not a JHI nor SYJ fan.

From the 1st episode onwards, I am immediately hooked and become so addicted!! This is by far my most most most favourite K-romance drama!

@triplem lmao I never do those quizes but did one for a laugh. I died laughing when it came out 100%. Sure sure sure. Now I won't believe them. If only my kids grow up as charming as him. I am not old enough to be his mother but man, an ahjumma shouldn't do these sort of things. Hahaha. 

That was my laugh for today.

35 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@triplem lmao I never do those quizes but did one for a laugh. I died laughing when it came out 100%. Sure sure sure. Now I won't believe them. If only my kids grow up as charming as him. I am not old enough to be his mother but man, an ahjumma shouldn't do these sort of things. Hahaha. 

That was my laugh for today.

tell me abt it! an ahjumma shouldnt be doing all these things, but if we dont tell anyone else outside of this thread, no one would know! :lol: (p/s: am an ahjumma myself :wink:)

12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

On this point, I kind of understood JH's mindset. He and JA have just started dating, and they haven't even been able to be a couple in front of their friends and family yet. They're also at that initial stage where they want to spend every minute together. He also knows that both JA's mother and his own sister are looking to have JA go on blind dates to find a suitable marriage partner.

Of course, he's not going to want to leave her now. Not when he doesn't have to. His company wants him to go, but he doesn't need to go. And, he's confident enough in himself that he figures he can get another job if they really fire him over his refusal to go. He is a successful game designer after all.

Also, from his viewpoint, JA has gotten into one kind of trouble or another since they re-met after he came back into the country. Whether it was getting hassled by her ex-boyfriend or having to defend herself from her slimy boss who basically seems to want her to be a corporate gisaeng, he can't help but think that he has to save her and protect her.

So, if he goes to China for 3 months, he's constantly going to be thinking about JA back in Korea and wondering what she's up to and whether she's in trouble again. Except, he won't be able to go look for her or save her since he'll be in another country. And, he won't be able to be there for her when they need each other either.

I think one of the things that JH has to do is to be able to trust that JA knows her own heart and that she truly wants him without being swayed by external influences. He also has to trust that JA can take care of herself even if he's not immediately there.

I just see it as further development of the relationship.

Yes, that's exactly my thoughts too ~ agreed 100%!!!

20 hours ago, ilu2 said:

Just finish watching this week's eps and here is my personal opinion after watching them. I would rate these eps 7/10. The reasons are:

1. It slightly pulled back to that boring, predictable kdrama obsessive ex scenario with a car accident thing (the only realistic part about that accident was she didn't lose her memory). Why would she get in his car in the first place, knowing he tried to sexually harass her before? If I were her, I would never put myself in any situation with someone like him. I have to say I watched it without the subs so I might have missed a lot of details but still though.

2. Why is this drama keep building that feeling of rejection from her mom and his sister? I could see the mom's reasons from the prior eps, but I can't see why his sister would detest their relationship knowing who JA is. Again, this is my personal opinion and I am sharing my opinion since this drama is considered to be very relatable. If my younger brother starts a relationship with one of my friends, I don't think I would try to separate them or even make it my business to meddle. Because, I know my brother well and my friends are reliable people (if they weren't, we won't be friends). Doesn't his sister know who JA is on a personal level? After all, they've been friends for more than 20 yrs? Plus, isn't JA younger than her? If the age is a problem for her, JA isn't that older than JH, like 4 years?

4.  These eps also seemed to focus too much on JA's job situation with whatever the men trying to hide or do.

Of course, there were some cute scenes, but it seems like you guys already covered everything :).

1. I understand JA mindset, as she have said, she thinks she understand GM enough and never thought that he will go this far. GM The man that JA have loved for very long time. If she just refuse him, I think she will feel sorry about that and maybe she hope he has changed his mind. If I were her and still have some "feeling" I think I may do the same thing.

2. Because JA's mom is always care about JA's boyfriend status and actually she always looks down JH due to his family's situation. Korean culture as I known they always care about person performence verry, very much.

For Kyung Sun, it's because JA is her best friend, and from the time they are in love until now, they never told her about their relationship or their feeling. It may leads her to the feeling that she is betrayed. In addition, KS thinks they have known each other for very long time and this love is impossible, for her, JA and JH is siblings and ofcourse, sibling can not love each other.

Futhermore, I think Kyung Sun know JA's mother actually looks down her and her little brother, so if JA fall in love with her little brother, she knows exactly how  JA's mother reaction, maybe mother will end the relationship with Kyung Sun and Joon Hee.  So from her side, I think her pride will hurt and she never wants the relationship which is from very long time will break down like this.

4. I feel the same. However, since they always have chance for force woman to make them happy, now the CEO want to change that and they can't have party as always, I think that is the reason why they don't want this happens so they must find the way to hide that. Futhermore, I think many guys want to hide this, because it's embarassing :)

It's my thought, sorry for my bad english if you don't understand much :(

42 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

On this point, I kind of understood JH's mindset. He and JA have just started dating, and they haven't even been able to be a couple in front of their friends and family yet. They're also at that initial stage where they want to spend every minute together. He also knows that both JA's mother and his own sister are looking to have JA go on blind dates to find a suitable marriage partner.

Of course, he's not going to want to leave her now. Not when he doesn't have to. His company wants him to go, but he doesn't need to go. And, he's confident enough in himself that he figures he can get another job if they really fire him over his refusal to go. He is a successful game designer after all.

Also, from his viewpoint, JA has gotten into one kind of trouble or another since they re-met after he came back into the country. Whether it was getting hassled by her ex-boyfriend or having to defend herself from her slimy boss who basically seems to want her to be a corporate gisaeng, he can't help but think that he has to save her and protect her.

So, if he goes to China for 3 months, he's constantly going to be thinking about JA back in Korea and wondering what she's up to and whether she's in trouble again. Except, he won't be able to go look for her or save her since he'll be in another country. And, he won't be able to be there for her when they need each other either.

I think one of the things that JH has to do is to be able to trust that JA knows her own heart and that she truly wants him without being swayed by external influences. He also has to trust that JA can take care of herself even if he's not immediately there.

I just see it as further development of the relationship.

Agree with you, I'd also like to add that JH's father left both him and his sister and look how traumatized his sister is that she won't even look to date or fall in love for fear she will be left and abandoned again and how she has instilled in JH that need to not be like their father. In a way I can see that JH would like to be the total opposite of his father where his father abandoned them and was careless he wants to be there for his loved one and protect her with all he has. Leaving her in a moment when she seems volnerable has got to go against all his instincts. JA really needs to show him that she is not going to get hassled or be but in danger because she will stand up for herself. Up to now she unfortunately has been in situations where she has not put her foot down and defended herself. She nearly got raped and didn't even call her boyfriend or family let alone the cops. I can see where he would be hesitant in being a phone call away let alone a plane ride. 

29 minutes ago, mandy77777 said:

SYJ & JHI promoting the drama on Taiwanese channel. I need translation. Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/x880401x/status/988091828225245184

Omo…omo! He’s too cute!!!

Sometimes its dangerous having a bf with such cute baby face! If we don’t take care of ourselves, will look older than him very soon..hehe..

6 minutes ago, bugcie said:

Hi, is there any eng subbed version of their press conference they did before the drama started? Please let me know. Been looking for it since for so long :( Thank you.

This is part of it

51 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

This is part of it

Already saw this clip. I'm looking for the full coverage but I guess it's impossible that anyone was able to translate it since it's a 40mins video. Just tried my luck if anyone here was able to watch it with eng subbed. :)) Thank you for your response. Really appreciate. 

Not sure if this has posted :sweatingbullets:

Viewers are all the rage for Jung Hae In in 'Something in the Rain'

201804230503_13180923937716_1_2018042305

Article'Pretty Nuna' the secret to its popularity... caring younger man 'fresh face' craze for Jung Hae In

Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Naver

1. [+351, -43] He has a type of face that you keep thinking of. Cute, smiles brightly, deepl gaze~ Fell for him with the bicycle scene in the first episode and felt so touched when he hugged her in the sixth episode;=333

2. [+345, -43] Jung Hae In is love~ ^^

3. [+294, -44] He's the best ㅠㅠ

4. [+268, -41] The leads are both so good at acting!!!

5. [+262, -44] This character is going to set him for life ^^ he's also my favorite actor now

6. [+98, -15] The supporting characters really help this drama shine as well. Really enjoying watching this~~

7. [+95, -21] I like that the story is natural...

8. [+96, -24] The way he acts with his gaze...

9. [+88, -21] I like that he didn't get popular for his handsome face but for his charming acting. I knew who he was before this but never felt charmed by him... and now I'm head over heels.

10. [+87, -21] Jung Hae In as Seo Jun Hee, that is the answer~ ^^

cr: NB

Archived