[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omo, the company asks him to go to china officially, i think.

I too dont understand whats the big deal about GM coming and getting the phone thingy done for JA.  can anybody explain it to me?  can she not get a new one in her name?  are there any rules and regulations in SK for this?

Just now, rain89 said:

Finally kyung sun knows. Getting through the week is gonna be torture. I need to know what happens

Yes finally!! But the things that got me hooked in that preview is the last scene when JA and JH hug and kisses as if they didn't see each others for a certain period!!

actually the bed scene is in this mv.  its a collection of scenes from both ep.7 and 8

preview ep.9

omo, i think there is a time jump in pr.9.  why JH is in different hair style.  it doesnt look good on him.   

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JA and JH have a fight, but make up in bed as JH plays JA's recording on his phone. :)

JA: It’s because my state was too embarrassing that I had a bit of a fit. I was already regretting that I was such an idiot in the past when it felt as if you were saying that I was silly and thoughtless, so I got angry. I’m upset that I made you upset, and I’m sorry that I made you sorry. And, so… Are you really sleeping? Chee.
JH: Say it with words.
JA: Chee.
JH: Say it with words.
JA: You were being annoyed.
JH: Huh?
JA: What do you mean say it with words? Forget it.
phone: Joon Hee. Joon Hee, it’s me.
JA: Aren’ t you going to hurry and turn that off?
phone: After having your cellphone for awhile.
JA: Hey!
phone: I suddenly had something I wanted to tell you.
JA: I can’t hear it. I can’t hear it. I absolutely can’t hear it. Don’t do it.
phone: Thank you. For cherishing me so much and for loving me. So, when I love, I’ll love like Seo Joon Hee does.
JA: I can’t hear it.
phone: Joon Hee, I love you. Very much.
JH: For longer
phone: For a very, very long time,
JH: and even more, I’ll love you.
phone: I’ll love you.

They  really look like a real couple here lol. OMG so cuteee when Jin Ah was too embarassed because of her own recording

They really seem a couple off screen! When JH help JH to dress in the hospital, here in that moment he was an husband not a boyfriend. Every single action he does for JA is a gesture of caring and love as an husband!!:wub:

8 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

They really seem a couple off screen! When JH help JH to dress in the hospital, here in that moment he was an husband not a boyfriend. Every single action he does for JA is a gesture of caring and love as an husband!!:wub:

Yesss, he is really that protective and caring. I love it when a man becomes protective and caring and also knows what his girl needs without the girl tells him what she needs. I think that what every girls want. 

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JH is told by his company to go to China for 3 months, but he refuses to go.

SY: Is Manager Yoon dating?
Gong: Is she just dating? She’s totally in love. She told me all about it.
SY: What? Did you hear anything?
YE: No, this is the first time I’m hearing it.

CEO: You don’t want to?
JH: Yes.
CEO: Don’t you know that the Chinese market is the world’s biggest?
CEO: For game and animation, learning the language and the culture there is the best.
CEO: This is a great chance to get into that market.
JH: I know that, but why me?
CEO: We have to get the contract. China wants you to go. And, we also want to do it, so this is an offer that we can’t pass up.
JH: Send someone else.
CEO: This won’t be like the US where you had to spend 3 years. You just have to be there for a few months to set it up.
JH: I can’t go.
CEO: It’s not that you won’t go, but that you can’t go? Why?
JH: I have to take care of my girlfriend.
CEO: Are you crazy? Fine, fine. Okay. Dating is important. But, Joon Hee, it’s not even a year. It’s only a 3 month business trip.
JH: Still, I can’t go.
CEO: I’m going to fire you.
JH: Then do so.
CEO: Huh?
JH: I’ll take this outside
CEO: Hey
JH: and get going.

SC: Hey, did you refuse the CEO? He told Team Leader that he was going to kill you.
SC: Hey, and if you go on the business trip, it would be good, so why are you saying you don’t want to go and causing a fuss?
JH: Yes, a business trip would be good. So, you go.
SC: Hey. Let’s not ruin the office atmosphere, and just go.
TL: Seo Joon Hee! Who in the world are you dating that you’re making such a big deal of it?
SC: Did you say that you couldn’t go because of your girlfriend? Geum…
TL: Who?
SC: I said that he was just going to see her so why was he being like that. Right?
JH: Whatever you say, I can’t go. Send someone else.
TL: If you keep this up, you’re really going to be fired.
JH: Shall I write my resignation?
SC: What are you doing?
JH: I have to write my resignation.

I understand why JH is acting like this now, but both he and JA are going to have to normalize their lives for each other. I assume that there will be a separation now at some point while JH goes to China. I just hope it won't be after they've separated. I much prefer it if both JH and JA feel secure enough for JH to go on an extended business trip as he needs to. Or they could married. :D Just saying.

Looking how happy they are when they are reunited in the elevator makes me feel relieved. At least, the separation between them because Joon Hee has to go to China will not because they were forced to separate because of their families' interference but because of Joon Hee's business trip. We all were so afraid that they were forced to do the noble idiocy lol but I am relieved that it will not be the case, at least until in the near future.

I also agree with you in terms that they both have to balance their work and love life because Joon Hee has to always remember that he will be the head of a family and he has to work to earn money for his family. He should not say that he wants to give his resignation letter that recklessly eventhough it is just a joke or just to make the CEO choose the other employee to go to the business trip. Maybe Joon Hee will learn to become maturer and maturer as the story progresses 

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JH is told by his company to go to China for 3 months, but he refuses to go.

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

SY: Is Manager Yoon dating?
Gong: Is she just dating? She’s totally in love. She told me all about it.
SY: What? Did you hear anything?
YE: No, this is the first time I’m hearing it.

CEO: You don’t want to?
JH: Yes.
CEO: Don’t you know that the Chinese market is the world’s biggest?
CEO: For game and animation, learning the language and the culture there is the best.
CEO: This is a great chance to get into that market.
JH: I know that, but why me?
CEO: We have to get the contract. China wants you to go. And, we also want to do it, so this is an offer that we can’t pass up.
JH: Send someone else.
CEO: This won’t be like the US where you had to spend 3 years. You just have to be there for a few months to set it up.
JH: I can’t go.
CEO: It’s not that you won’t go, but that you can’t go? Why?
JH: I have to take care of my girlfriend.
CEO: Are you crazy? Fine, fine. Okay. Dating is important. But, Joon Hee, it’s not even a year. It’s only a 3 month business trip.
JH: Still, I can’t go.
CEO: I’m going to fire you.
JH: Then do so.
CEO: Huh?
JH: I’ll take this outside
CEO: Hey
JH: and get going.

SC: Hey, did you refuse the CEO? He told Team Leader that he was going to kill you.
SC: Hey, and if you go on the business trip, it would be good, so why are you saying you don’t want to go and causing a fuss?
JH: Yes, a business trip would be good. So, you go.
SC: Hey. Let’s not ruin the office atmosphere, and just go.
TL: Seo Joon Hee! Who in the world are you dating that you’re making such a big deal of it?
SC: Did you say that you couldn’t go because of your girlfriend? Geum…
TL: Who?
SC: I said that he was just going to see her so why was he being like that. Right?
JH: Whatever you say, I can’t go. Send someone else.
TL: If you keep this up, you’re really going to be fired.
JH: Shall I write my resignation?
SC: What are you doing?
JH: I have to write my resignation.

I understand why JH is acting like this now, but both he and JA are going to have to normalize their lives for each other. I assume that there will be a separation now at some point while JH goes to China. I just hope it won't be after they've separated. I much prefer it if both JH and JA feel secure enough for JH to go on an extended business trip as he needs to. Or they could married. :D Just saying.

I think the airport pictures posted here are related to this business trip...:ph34r: Hope they'll not break up

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

I think the airport pictures posted here are related to this business trip...:ph34r: Hope they'll not break up

I think it is because he has to go to the business trip not because they break up as in the last scene of the preview shows how happy they are when they meet again until they kiss like they have not met each other for a long time

MUCH THANKS stroppyse for translations of scenes. Esp appreciated today,  since V @ Bah + Doo is not able to live-recap Ep 8 today.  

==================================

Through that scene in the car with GM - JA is not quite the doormat, in the first place. And I wonder how really 'in love/passion' she was with GM or if she was together with GM just out of practicality to please her mom (ie the right conditions)

This is the SECOND time she has called crazy and cowardly idiotic GM's bluff (and it also shows she knows him quite well)

1) on the road by the kerb, when he said he wanted to die//commit suicide? (and she helped push him onto the road with 2 fingers? :lol:)

2) now in ep 8 - she suggests they try rolling off a cliff!  :lol:

I am left wondering => WHAT did JA ever see in GM, to date him or to even last past 2 dates with him ? The guy on top of being mean, is so not manly, so uncool and such an idiot. :rolleyes:

= After seeing that scene with dad (and GM in cafe Ep 7) ... and seeing that Ep 8 scene where JH goes into help her dress in the hospital room ... quietly supportive, considerate to details (he lifts out her pony tail for her) = I can totally see parallel similarities between her dad/JH.

= JH will also be the same type who takes a lesser (though NOT less intelligent) job and path ... like her strong and silent protective dad. (JH is less silent = he's actually pretty gd at communication with her but he's way more MAN than GM).

Definitely deja-vu for her mom - who sees being 'manly' as outwardly successful.

Archived