[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I have been away due to being sick :( but i am now 99% recovered. 1% is still due to my sore throat aftermath. But at least my chills and fever is gone now :wink:

Annyeong @vangsweetie637 my dear Kraken. Sorry to know that you were sick, its good that you have recovered 99%, the 1% would be no prob :) Will be waiting for your analysis too. Enjoy reading everyone's posts especially @bebebisous33 chingu.

Hi @UnniSarah chingu, long time no chat, so I'm glad to see you are in this thread. Will catch up with you. I like your insights too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong @vangsweetie637 my dear Kraken. Sorry to know that you were sick, its good that you have recovered 99%, the 1% would be no prob :) Will be waiting for your analysis too. Enjoy reading everyone's posts especially @bebebisous33 chingu.

Hi @UnniSarah chingu, long time no chat, so I'm glad to see you are in this thread. Will catch up with you. I like your insights too.

@alekaonu.... Good ti see you hear tooo chingu. Looking forward for your POV for this drama. :heart:

@ocean90 cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532Welcome to this forum and thread!! smileyscheerleader pink mouseThen I would like to thank you for the compliment and also for asking me for my opinion about the shooting. Okay, the man who shot HMG was this man. Black episode 2 shooter.png He belonged to the SQUAD unit. Notice that he received the order to kill him. Hence he tried to commit suicide later. As we can see, he was blackmailed to do it but the consequence was that he had to go in front of a commission (punishment for injuring a hostage). He felt terrible after the incident. So the guy holding the gun was someone else.Black episode 2 soldier.png He doesn't look like the one who tried to commit suicide. What I also noticed is the way HMG and the blue collar man fell after getting shot. Notice that their respective position was different. Black episode 4 hostage.pngThis indicates that they were not standing in the same position from the start. One was shot from behind, whereas the other came from the front. In my opinion, this underlines my theory that the person who wanted HMG dead knew about the future. The future has been changed but the changes are so minimal that it could get unnoticed. Hence someone knew about the hostage situation at 7. 00 pm and that the hostage would get killed. Why did he want to make it look like the first future? From my point of view, that way he makes sure that the SQUAD DEATH doesn't notice his presence. For me, the mastermind behind all this is a grim reaper. However, the one who gave the order is the minion, the one who tried to kill him three times. 

As for this  soldierBlack episode 2 soldier.png, I can imagine with my theory that the mastermind realized the changes and could find another runaway soldier. I hope, this could help... but there is no real guarantee that my theory is correct (mastermind = a grim reaper). Nevertheless, this makes me wonder if the upperworld decides to have Ha Ram dead because she is someone who meddles in death business, moreover from their point of view, she was not supposed to exist, as her father was a former grim reaper. Yet her name Ha Ram is really telling: she is a gift, a blessing from Heaven... therefore she is the one who will help to catch the grim reaper.  

@vangsweetie637 I am glad that you are feeling better. Hope to read your comments soon!!

7 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello my fellow chingus! *hugss* i missed all of you!!

I have been away due to being sick :( but i am now 99% recovered. 1% is still due to my sore throat aftermath. But at least my chills and fever is gone now :wink:

I will be catching up before the next episodes come hence will be putting up my theories alongside all of you :D

@bebebisous33 @alekaonu @icyphoenix

But..chingus..it is good to be back and chatting again on here with all of you :)

Hi chingu happy that ur back.. Hope u soon recovery fully.. U can see that our thread is filled with theories U can enjoy reading them.. When ur fully recovered u can drop ur theories too.. 

@bebebisous33 ur recent theories r fab as always.. The theory abt the dog makes sense.. The dog is very close to OMS.. He also saved HR.. The doctors told he wud die soon.. But he still alive.. He might be possessed or he might have underground connections.. Anyway the dog smells death.. I hope it wud save MS n HR further also from death.. 

Yes ur right but the shot from two directions.. I too wondered abt it.. Ur theory abt it makes sense.. 

I K waiting for next episodes to see how the writer makes the pieces together for us to understand 

@bebebisous33 chingu thanks for your reply and for sharing your thoughts and also for the welcome :D.. It's my first time to join in a forum 'cause this drama got me thinking like I am solving a puzzle.. (being added that I also like Go Ara) the story makes me like it more..

I have been watching back and forth (episodes 1 and 4 ) where the hostage scene was shown.. 

I thought the man who was in the hospital that asked for forgiveness was the soldier/hostage taker.. 

But it was the sniper who has been told to kill HMG..(thanks for that info)

Anyway, after watching the episodes again... 

this is what I found.. The soldier that HaRam saw in the original future of the blue collar man was the same as HMG hostage taker.. ( So the hostage taker is only one man) .. (I based it when I saw the watch on his right wrist... by rewinding the scenes in the episodes )

So this is my guess

In the original future.. 

The blue collar man was supposed to be the hostage and killed, but  I also think that HMG was originally there from the start trying to negotiate to the hostage taker to surrender (since in ep 4 it was shown that he went there to meet someone at the hotel and I think the mall is connected to the hotel building).. and I also think that some person whom HMG knew, purposely wanted HMG to meet with him in that place to be killed ( just my wild guess) 

I think the person who wants HMG to die knows that he will meddle in the hostage incident since he is a detective..

in HaRam's original vision she remembered she heard two gunshots (shown in ep4)

So there's two bullets ( I think the sniper just shoot twice to make it look like accident or mistake) but the blue collar man accidentally gets shot and HMG was purposely shot in the head..

(that's why their body position is like that)59f021e528ef0_Blackepisode4hostage.png.c

because HMG is not the hostage in the original future but trying to negotiate to the hostage taker..

(I think that Haram didn't see HMG in her vision at that scene, maybe because she only see some parts of the scene or what's going to happen,,or HMG was behind her,, that's why she only saw blood behind her and realized it was HMG's)

Now because the future was changed by HR with HMG's help, the blue collar man ended up being locked up in prison (which basically saved him from unjustly death)

However, HMG went to the hotel just like in the original future,to meet with someone..(or could it be the hostage taker himself? idk) or just like in ep4 he accidentally gets to be the  hostage when the soldier is threatening everyone..

Either way, even when the future has changed,,HMG gets shot like his enemy planned from the start.. but at least they save the blue collar man's life rather than two people will get killed on that day.. 

Btw, was GR 444 the one who's assigned to collect HMG's soul? If yes, then it explains why HaRam didn't see the shadow around HMG (before he gets killed) because he was busy trying to find his partner that's why he can't be beside HMG at that time.. may I know your thoughts about this again? :lol: thanks 

Btw, like what you said, it's always  possible that HMG's enemy is a grim reaper or has a power to see the future too...

@ocean90 We shouldn't forget the timing. The shadow only appears, when something happens. From my point of view, HMG must have discovered something between the time he left the police and went to the hotel. During this three hours, something must have happened. Only before HMG got shot, 444 saw the ball showing HMG. I will write later, since I am on my way to work!! My students are waiting..:D 

We shouldn't forget the timing. The shadow only appears, when something happens. From my point of view, HMG must have discovered something between the time he left the police and went to the hotel. During this three hours, something must have happened. Only before HMG got shot, 444 saw the ball showing HMG. 

@bebebisous33 

Oh yeah! I forgot about the timing.. a shadow appears when something happens,, or they are close to their death.. like the boy and the vvip head of police..the shadows appeared later on.. 

and at that time, GR444 didn't know whose soul to collect.. the crystal ball only showed it when HMG got shot and lying on the ground. I'll be waiting for your post about it..btw I have to study Japanese language too.. see yah.

I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE LIKE NOW!!!

... I think I have a problem...

need-help.gif

Also I just realized something yesterday... Black on Black cannot be the reason to why Ha Ram cannot see Black! What about the white hospital gown he was wearing before? She still couldn't see him!

2 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Also I just realized something yesterday... Black on Black cannot be the reason to why Ha Ram cannot see Black! What about the white hospital gown he was wearing before? She still couldn't see him!

@scarletlover1

Some people say in other sites that the hospital room was dark that's why Ha Ram can't see Black inside HMG.That's what they assume..They pointed out that she used her cellphone light to see MG's face, so I think it's possible :D but who knows if there is going to have another explanation in the next episodes.

42 minutes ago, ocean90 said:

@scarletlover1

Some people say in other sites that the hospital room was dark that's why Ha Ram can't see Black inside HMG.That's what they assume..They pointed out that she used her cellphone light to see MG's face, so I think it's possible :D but who knows if there is going to have another explanation in the next episodes.

No, that can't be because she saw the shadow next to the child and where they were sitting was dark, only the desks of the policemen were in the light. No, in my opinion, it must be related to something else. Maybe it is related to the intentions: bringing death. The student wanted the other dead so that he could use his body, whereas Black has never intended to bring HMG to the underworld.  

@bebebisous33 As usual I really enjoyed reading your detailed analysis.

Actually I wanted to post a possible translation of the written preview from the OCN webpage, but unfortunately they now blocked the possiblity to mark and copy them, so it's no longer possible to aks for google translate's help with that one.

But I found some new BTS pictures, so I'm just posting them instead.

201710251028534110_1.jpg

source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201710251028534110

It seems like the whole cast has a lot of fun while filming which is great.

@Lady_Fay Thanks a lot for the compliment! :wub: 

Since I was stuck at school, I had no time to watch the episode 3 again, so that I can not add more details. However, I would like to express a wish of mine. It would be great if HR falls in love with Black and not HMG/Joon oppa because this would give more depth to their love story. IF our assumptions are correct (dad was a grim reaper and once HR's mother heard the truth, she abandoned her husband and daughter), then this would mean that a similar love story would repeat itself. Nevertheless, their fate is different for many reasons: HR accepts his true nature, she also accepts her gift as such and with his help, she saves lives. Moreover, she is able to discover the mysteries of the past, the ones her father was investigating. Like I had mentioned it before, I have the impression that history is repeating itself: similar events, same people are involved or their relatives are involved...

Black: Episode 3

by odilettante

black0300982a.jpg

Death is all in a day’s work for a Reaper, but sometimes problems arise — and the next thing you know, you’re inhabiting a human body in order to find a Reaper on the run. Too bad those pesky humans keep derailing Black’s goals with their silly need to solve murders and figure out what happened twenty years ago.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/black-episode-3/

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, that can't be because she saw the shadow next to the child and where they were sitting was dark, only the desks of the policemen were in the light. No, in my opinion, it must be related to something else. Maybe it is related to the intentions: bringing death. The student wanted the other dead so that he could use his body, whereas Black has never intended to bring HMG to the underworld.  

Ohhh good observation there chingu @bebebisous33.. Black is just using the body but do not intend to  collect HMG's soul but to use it to find his runaway partner.. the shadow's (GR) intention is to collect the soul unlike what Black is doing. (Is that it?) It makes sense :D

Whereas, whenever Ha Ram sees the shadow, it means someone will die soon (and she can see shadows beside Black which are his two partner GR. The joseon GR and Rapper GR on the bridge) that she assumed that he is going to die..

So if Ha Ram's dad is a grim reaper inside the body of her mother's dead husband, and his intention was to capture another reaper in the past, then that explains why Ha Ram hasn't seen the shadow inside the dad's body then. (but what she saw was a shadow beside her father meaning he is going to die at that time.)

Now I wonder about why Black can't see shadows inside the body when he is inside HMG..He is a GR and he can use his powers as GR (while inside HMG) like traveling to any place using the door and use his incredible strength to stop a running car. But can't see shadows inside the body..He needs Ha Ram to see it for him..what is your pov about this chingu?

16 hours ago, ocean90 said:

Ohhh good observation there chingu @bebebisous33.. Black is just using the body but do not intend to  collect HMG's soul but to use it to find his runaway partner.. the shadow's (GR) intention is to collect the soul unlike what Black is doing. (Is that it?) It makes sense :D

Whereas, whenever Ha Ram sees the shadow, it means someone will die soon (and she can see shadows beside Black which are his two partner GR. The joseon GR and Rapper GR on the bridge) that she assumed that he is going to die..

So if Ha Ram's dad is a grim reaper inside the body of her mother's dead husband, and his intention was to capture another reaper in the past, then that explains why Ha Ram hasn't seen the shadow inside the dad's body then. (but what she saw was a shadow beside her father meaning he is going to die at that time.)

Now I wonder about why Black can't see shadows inside the body when he is inside HMG..He is a GR and he can use his powers as GR (while inside HMG) like traveling to any place using the door and use his incredible strength to stop a running car. But can't see shadows inside the body..He needs Ha Ram to see it for him..what is your pov about this chingu?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.cheer1 onion head Thanks for expressing it much better. admire2 onion headThis would also explain why HR's face appeared in the glass ball, when she came to HMG's rescue on the bridge. She was endangering her life and as such, Black was supposed to take her soul (see the glass ball). However, Black is a mixture of a human and a grim reaper therefore on the one hand he can still see the content of the glass ball and can survive poisoning and on the other hand, since he is a human, he can not see a grim reaper possessing a body. He can only see the grim reapers like 007, 416 and the student, but they are wandering around. Nevertheless once they are inside a body, it is impossible for him to see the shadow, as Black has explained it: Humans can not see grim reapers. Notice that he had to look at the mark on the neck in the episode 2.Black episode mark of the grim reaper.png He was looking for this markGrim reaper spider.png  hence he knew that he would have some difficulties to recognize his partner. He had to look for people who would act like his partner: longing for his family, need of money since he had been used to be spoiled... Yet, Black didn't pay attention to the partner's words before his death: he would haunt the man who stole him his girlfriend. From my point of view, he needs to find out the identity of the girlfriend.

In other words, Black is a combination of a human and a grim reaper from the upper world, that's why he still possess his supernatural powers (pure descent) but he also needs to eat and to pee. This proves to me that the body is not dead at all, it is still functioning. Since humans can't see grim reapers, he is limited in that area. Finally, this would also explain why HR could never see her father's true nature. The body was still alive, even if it was possessed by a grim reaper.

By the way, I have noticed something else: Black episode 3 the hound dog Black 2.pngBlack episode 3 the hound dog Black.png The head of the dog reminds me a lot of MS's dog, brother Oh G. S. This could be a clue that the dog is even connected to the grim reaper world and to death. If so, then this means that the one who gave him to OMS knew that OMS would be in danger and wanted him to be protected so that shadows would stay away from him. 

@larus @vangsweetie637 @saanjh sena @icyphoenix @Mico Ricco@fans123 @alekaonu

Hello my chingus! I am still on the road to catching up on everything i fell behind when I was out sick for a week :D

So far..the theory on the dog makes a lot of sense. I also think the dog is a bind between life and death. I watched the episodes and recall when the dog bit MG's legs. Black mentioned he must be able to smell the dead body of MG. 

Having a dog reminds of the greek mythological Cerebus. It is the 3 headed guardian of the underworld. Now..this makes the connection even more clearer.

@bebebisous33 thanks for always tagging me chingu *hugs* I am way behind on giving my theories but as I am catching up, I will give my side of theories asap too :wink:

K-Drama Reaction: Black | Episode 4

crop_20171026_1028291.jpg?w=816
Date: October 25, 2017 Author: unicaahjumma

Jinja, I feel like my head is going to burst with info overload! It’s not only once that I replayed scenes in this episode because I was trying so hard to understand them and connect the dots. Argh, what trouble did I get myself into? ㅋㅋㅋ

WHAT WERE YOU UP TO?

crop_20171026_1030531.jpg?w=616

I was a bit disappointed with the reasoning as to why Kang Ha-ram (Go Ara) didn’t see any shadow inside Black’s (Song Seung-hun) body. So, it’s only because Black was wearing a black suit? Yes, it makes sense, just like how Ha-ram uses sunglasses to avoid seeing these scary shadows, but!!! During episode 2, Black was only wearing a hospital gown, which is clearly not black, then why Ha-ram didn’t see anything?!

Another thing is Black’s name. So, 444 is actually his real name, and he was only called Black because he resembles Joe Black (yep, that’s Brad Pitt’s character in a movie)? Seriously?! ㅋㅋㅋ

crop_20171026_1031041.jpg?w=616

We’ve now also confirmed that someone really wants Moo-gang dead after the commando who shot him during the hostage drama admitted this to Black. Plus, the man who tried to inject some liquid into Moo-gang’s IV reappeared, and he almost succeeded in fulfilling his mission this time. Who is he? Who’s the person ordering him to do this?

crop_20171026_1030301.jpg?w=616

The photos and the video tape at Moo-gang’s basement sealed my theory that he’s investigating a decades-old case involving Kim Sun-young a.k.a. Yoon Soo-wan (Lee El). Maybe, Moo-gang witnessed something when he was a kid basing on a dream Black had where we saw a young Moo-gang and another boy fleeing from the mental hospital patient. And I believe that it’s the reason why there’s someone after Moo-gang, a situation that puts Black’s mission in peril because he cannot use Moo-gang’s body if he does again. Complicated, I know!

Read the full recap here:

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/10/25/k-drama-reaction-black-episode-4/

(c) unicaahjumma

Archived