[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

6 hours ago, Seoulmemories said:

During the earlier convo with his grandpa, when his grandpa told him how proud he was about his grandson going overseas to study, HS's face really showed he feel burdened.

It’s obvious he is uncomfortable with what his grandfather and father did to others.  His behaviour is pretty much showing that he is trying to escape from all the family burden.  Now, the mystery is, who is he like?  Will he be like his ruthless grandfather or his cowardice father?  He is pretty smart too and i love how he thinks, so far. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, zba72 said:

It’s obvious he is uncomfortable with what his grandfather and did to others.  His behaviour is pretty much showing that he is trying to escape from all the family burden.  Now, the mystery is, who is he like?  Will he be like his ruthless grandfather or his cowardice father?  He is pretty smart too and i love how he thinks, so far. 

I think that HS pretends to be a gambler, he does not care about anything and has no purpose in life (cover for his true identity?). This is the best theory for me about him and his role.  Of course, he had no knowledge of everything and about his fiance until now. He is smart, he quickly guessed the connections between AS and limping man

All the time I think he spied in Japan and is one of RA leaders or he has an important position. I dont understand everything but the sins of his family are a burden for him. He does not know the whole truth but is aware of his grandfather's bad deeds. 

Edited by aurelionsol
  • Like 8

https://imgur.com/a/oq1RIGG

AS and Hina during the duel. AS will go to the hotel and Hina will realize that the stranger has been slipped in again. Hina will pull off the mask and find out it's AS. EC appear at this momment and stop the fight. Hina pull of her mask and reveal herself to AS. 

I think that AS wanted to say goodbye to the EC before the dangerous mission because she may not come back.

He started to reject her and wants to go abroad and she dont want to give up and wants to stop him. She dont know that RA asked him for help and EC will be the commander of the unit (we do not know what is the mission but maybe it has a connection with Japan and the transport of weapons or something else that guerrillas do?). It seems to me that RA found out that the EC wants to leave Joseon and the AS is in a bad mental state and can die in action.

https://imgur.com/a/7UJ2SQY

Sometimes the series is predictable but there are still a lot of unknowns and hidden meanings. 

Theory changed after reflection :) Hand is bigger than women and this is hand of men?

DicprwbUwAE4oCO.jpg:large

---------------Wykryj językAfrikaansAlbańskiAmharskiAngielskiArabskiAzerbejdżańskiBaskijskiBengalskiBiałoruskiBirmańskiBośniackiBułgarskiCebuańskiChiński (tradycyjny)Chiński (uproszczony)ChorwackiCzeskiDuńskiEsperantoEstońskiFilipińskiFińskiFrancuskiGalicyjskiGreckiGruzińskiGudżaratiHausaHawajskiHebrajskiHindiHiszpańskiHmongIgboIndonezyjskiIrlandzkiIslandzkiJapońskiJawajskiJidyszJorubaKannadaKatalońskiKazachskiKhmerskiKhosaKirgiskiKoreańskiKorsykańskiKreolski haitańskiKurdyjskiLaotańskiLitewskiLuksemburskiŁacińskiŁotewskiMacedońskiMalajalamMalajskiMalgaskiMaltańskiMaoryjskiMarathiMongolskiNepalskiNiderlandzkiNiemieckiNjandżaNorweskiOrmiańskiPasztoPendżabskiPerskiPolskiPortugalskiRosyjskiRumuńskiSamoańskiSerbskiShonaSindhiSłowackiSłoweńskiSomalijskiSotho południowySuahiliSundajskiSyngaleskiSzkocki gaelickiSzwedzkiTadżyckiTajskiTamilskiTeluguTureckiUkraińskiUrduUzbeckiWalijskiWęgierskiWietnamskiWłoskiZachodniofryzyjskiZuluPolski

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

August 8, 2018

'Familiar Wife' makes strong debut on weekly TV ratings chart

By Woo Jae-yeon

cpi20180806.jpg

SEOUL, Aug. 8 (Yonhap) -- New fantasy romance "Familiar Wife" on cable channel tvN made a strong debut on the weekly TV chart, taking the No. 4 spot in its first week on air, data showed Wednesday.

Featuring Ji Sung and Han Ji-in as a couple, the new series, which premiered on Aug. 1, recorded a score of 242.4 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for July 30-Aug. 5. The show revolves around the over-familiar couple who've been married for five years after years of dating.

Actor Han plays tough married woman Woo-jin, who has to juggle work, childrearing and taking care of her Alzheimer's-afflicted mother while Ji Sung plays the pathetic, henpecked husband. Suffering from a strained marriage, they start to wonder what might have been if they hadn't chosen each other.

The Wednesday-Thursday shows received 4.7 and 5.5 percent in viewership ratings for its first and second episode, respectively.

Meanwhile, the top spot went to cable music channel Mnet's new idol competition show, "Produce 48, which garnered a score of 284.4. "Mr. Sunshine," starring A-list actor Lee Byung-hun, came in second with 274.8, followed by "Life On Mars," the Korean version of the British TV show with the same name, with 246.9.

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media trending and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

Source: enews24

'Sean Shine', the presence of 'sick'

• Like 5

Episode 10 almost broke me. Now that EC asked for a transfer, that'll be something that we'll see in the future, I'm sure. 

My other quess regarding episode 11 from previews shown so far....

Here is the summary posted on tvN tiving site for episode 11.

http://program.tving.com/tvn/mrsunshine/5/Board/List

Chance meeting between EC and AS who were wandering around Hanseung hoping to see each other, ends with their parting.

EC makes his farewells to leave Joseon.

Two black clad figures jump into WI's house...

So it seems that AS and HN (two black clad figures) are fighting at the WI's house.

From episode 11 preview, looks like Hunter Jang is asking for EC's help again. What would that be....

As HS said, apparently he made the coat popular in Hanseung!

Jungmoon(King's loyal vassal) wanting to see missionary sooner than planned. More than likely it's Joseph. Along with another still where EC crying holding someone's hand, I predict Joseph's demise which could make EC fight against whoever killed Joseph.

EC saying AS that I'm taking a step back seems that it'll be the beginning of the episode 11, AS doesn't have the wound. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, aurelionsol said:

https://imgur.com/a/oq1RIGG

AS and Hina during the duel. AS will go to the hotel and Hina will realize that the stranger has been slipped in again. Hina will pull off the mask and find out it's AS. EC appear at this momment and stop the fight. Hina pull of her mask and reveal herself to AS. 

I think that AS wanted to say goodbye to the EC before the dangerous mission because she may not come back.

He started to reject her and wants to go abroad and she dont want to give up and wants to stop him. She dont know that RA asked him for help and EC will be the commander of the unit (we do not know what is the mission but maybe it has a connection with Japan and the transport of weapons or something else that guerrillas do?). It seems to me that RA found out that the EC wants to leave Joseon and the AS is in a bad mental state and can die in action.

https://imgur.com/a/7UJ2SQY

Sometimes the series is predictable but there are still a lot of unknowns and hidden meanings. 

It is obvious that AS was seriously injured during the battle with Japan and this is her hand. This is the scene when Japan will want to annex Joseon with force. We will see this in a few weeks (episodes because historically it may be year from now) when the political situation will be close to the historical one.

---------------Wykryj językAfrikaansAlbańskiAmharskiAngielskiArabskiAzerbejdżańskiBaskijskiBengalskiBiałoruskiBirmańskiBośniackiBułgarskiCebuańskiChiński (tradycyjny)Chiński (uproszczony)ChorwackiCzeskiDuńskiEsperantoEstońskiFilipińskiFińskiFrancuskiGalicyjskiGreckiGruzińskiGudżaratiHausaHawajskiHebrajskiHindiHiszpańskiHmongIgboIndonezyjskiIrlandzkiIslandzkiJapońskiJawajskiJidyszJorubaKannadaKatalońskiKazachskiKhmerskiKhosaKirgiskiKoreańskiKorsykańskiKreolski haitańskiKurdyjskiLaotańskiLitewskiLuksemburskiŁacińskiŁotewskiMacedońskiMalajalamMalajskiMalgaskiMaltańskiMaoryjskiMarathiMongolskiNepalskiNiderlandzkiNiemieckiNjandżaNorweskiOrmiańskiPasztoPendżabskiPerskiPolskiPortugalskiRosyjskiRumuńskiSamoańskiSerbskiShonaSindhiSłowackiSłoweńskiSomalijskiSotho południowySuahiliSundajskiSyngaleskiSzkocki gaelickiSzwedzkiTadżyckiTajskiTamilskiTeluguTureckiUkraińskiUrduUzbeckiWalijskiWęgierskiWietnamskiWłoskiZachodniofryzyjskiZuluPolski

Lol I was wondering about the same thing since we haven’t seen that scene... but I am not sure if that’s her hand... it looks more like a guy’s hand?? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Emily Wong said:

Lol I was wondering about the same thing since we haven’t seen that scene... but I am not sure if that’s her hand... it looks more like a guy’s hand?? 

Only two men are close to EC (Kyle and Joseph) but would he cry so much? He is a soldier and he saw many friends who were killed or seriously wounded in battle. Only a beloved person would lead him to such despair. Why someone in Joseon want kill a missionary like Joseph? I cant find a reason but maybe writers came up with something interesting. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Emily Wong said:

Maybe the potter? Or gunner jang? Or his friend he writers letters to? Or the American friend he hangs out with the interpreter?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

Maybe the potter? Or gunner jang? Or his friend he writers letters to? Or the American friend he hangs out with the interpreter?

I changed my mind. It will be Kyle because EC saved his life once during the battle with Spain. He'll do something crazy because all hand is in the blood.  Kyle will save EC live this time? 

They are not only friends but more like brothers (this explains very sad reaction)

(McInnis needs a hero death because he was a villain last time? Or he will be seriously injured and still alive?)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aurelionsol said:

Only two men are close to EC (Kyle and Joseph) but would he cry so much? He is a soldier and he saw many friends who were killed or seriously wounded in battle. Only a beloved person would lead him to such despair. Why someone in Joseon want kill a missionary like Joseph? I cant find a reason but maybe writers came up with something interesting. 

I think it will be the potter who helped him when he was young...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blademan said:

I think it will be the potter who helped him when he was young...

This hand is brighter than asian complexion and difference is very clear. Of course, this is my opinion about this matter.

Time to change the subject :)

I think EC will leave Joseon (You should keep moving forward. I am taking a step back - EC say this AS in preview 11 episode, leaving and return is the 12 and 13 episode?) and they force him to return after a year (Kyle is dying? xD they will come up with illness?). I have my own theory of what he will see when he return to Joseon for the third time. Why so much time? Changing the country is a long process. Joseon is a backward country and loses the fight against modern countries like Japan, USA, GB, Germany (Prussia). 

However, it is too late. We all know history. Japan annex Joseon few years later. 

AS will not give up and make changes in Joseon. EC will not know because he will cut off all information from Joseon.

AS will convince her grandfather and his allies to free slaves (servants?) and pay them. The law that was approved some years ago was only on paper because those with low birth were nothing and had nothing in Joseon. 

The king hear about this and summon AS. She tell him why she is doing this and that she loves EC. King is convinced (EC reject his offer - drill instructor in Royal Military Academy - deal between king and AS) and changes the law in the country, announces what EC has done (document, traitor) and EC become hero? HS learns what EC done and a few other things. HS and AS cancel the engagement. AS announces EC her fiance. EC return to Joseon after a year and is shocked? :)

There must be a revolution because EC and AS relationship is forbidden in this country right now and this is the only solution. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nitttss said:

Hi, I'm just starting this drama so I may missed something. But does anyone know who played the japanese girl that stay with Dongmae? I think I saw her somewhere but can't remember. 

Kim Yong Ji - korean actress and model

https://imgur.com/a/5VjYU0w

Bloody money... 

Does anyone remember that? For me, a great connection between the same writers and actor. (such a favor for fans?)

DicprwbUwAE4oCO.jpg:large

• Like 1

Thank you for the recap! I think you are so kind. I think the recap is so helpful. I think there is a lot I don't understand. And I think the recap helps me understand them! I think I missed a lot! I'm reading the recap right now.

On 8/7/2018 at 12:16 AM, rubie said:

Hello to sibling of @2handsintertwined, welcome to MR.SUNSHINE! :D

Aww! Thank you! Sibling? You are so kind! Well, I think this is best welcome ever! Hehehe! Thanks for the welcome.

ISTD (I Saw the Devil) is a favorite of mine as well, despite the incredibly gory and gruesome sadistic movie. Frankly, can only watch not that many scenes (the rest were too much to stomach :vicx:). However, check out the ISTD thread here at soompi to talk, share and some more stuff from the movie.

It's one of your favorite movies too? Wow! Can we be twins :)

Spoiler

I think you're right. I think it's incredibly gory and gruesome sadistic movie too. I think the villain reminds me of someone who is lonely. So he picks up those girls. I didn't understand why he killed them. I didn't understand his mind. You said you can not watch that many scenes. I understand. I don't think the movie is for everyone. I think some of the gruesome scenes are important. I think they show us how far someone can go. I think they try to show you that some people enjoy hurting other people. I agree. I also think many scenes were too much to stomach. And I think those scenes were important too. I ask, "Why did he kill him/her?" I think sometimes we want to know why. I think they showed us because they wanted us to know what some people do. I don't know if that makes sense. Like some people torture people until they die. I'm sorry if this sounds mean.

Wow!

Spoiler

There's a thread for ISTD? Wow! I didn't know that :) Thanks for the info :) 

Spoiler

I will try to at the thread with Lee Byung Hyun and Kim Jee Woon!

Hopefully after MR.SUNSHINE, someone can start a thread for Kim Tae Ri as well. This wonderfully talented actress (it's hard to find an acting gem like her :wub:) hasn't got her own soompi thread yet. 

@Ahpheng I like your post. I think Eugene looks very serious in them! :) 

On 8/7/2018 at 1:25 AM, ryudian said:

my fav is Hee sung. In the preview he told Aeshin to run to him and hide if things get hard:"

Heesung ahhhh~

don't be hurt

and please, pretty pretty pleaseeeee don't be the bad guy!!!!!

okay?! okayyyy?!!!

So your favorite is Hee sung? I'm trying to think. Oh! That's her fiance, right? I like him :)  I haven't seen the preview yet. I think that's very sweet. I hope he's not hurt, and I he's not the bad guy. I think you'll cry, right? I'll hug you! :wub:

Edit:

@philosophie I feel like I'm stalking you! We're in another place together! Hello!!!

Edit again:

I don't know what happened to my post about Kim Tae Ri. I hope she gets her own drama thread too!

Edit:

Oops. I see it!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
Hi :)
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1