[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

@mistergenie I hope for the same as well but let's hope for more than 1 scene for our OTP. The scene on preview where AS's mentor asks Eugene for help, hopefully AS is somewhere around and they meet. I kept repeating the scene you mentioned in Room 304 where the Manchuria guy attacks  Eugene, I see no AS tho. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

• Like 6

On 8/5/2018 at 11:24 AM, juju84 said:

That's right.  She starts to fully realize the real scope of the fight they are all in but most of all she starts to see it from the perspective of other people and their stories (what it means for others) and understand the consequences.

She is indeed growing up and maybe you have a point and AS's patriotism really was a bit on the romantic side but I'd rather say she never thought it out more deeply nor had the chance to experience it from another perspective thus sometimes misjudging others.

Eugene's question made her realize that he is more mature in that respect. AS got her homework and now it's her time to find the answer to the question of *what is she really fighting for*?  setting new direction to her life and finding her true way and reason.

The question is not only what she is fighting for, it’s also who will fight along side her. :)

Ae Shin believes in fighting to save the Joseon that she knows, which includes her family birthright and nobility.  Others are fighting for a country and future they hope to be far different than the current Joseon.   One that is for inclusiveness with everyone given the same rights, the kind of rights she herself wanted as a woman.  The time apart will help her determine she can accepts the change to lose the life that she currently leads.

In a couple of years, Japan would complete its annexation of Korea.  Ae Shin would be stripped of her nobility class and wealth. 

• Like 4

@Ahpheng Aww.. the latest Ae Shin compilation is so sad. :( Because of Eugene, she learned to read and write in English, and she knows more about guns too. ^_^ Hopefully we will see them using the pinwheel as their secret code to meet.

But I think episode 11 will show more of Hee Sung and Ae Shin instead, as per new photos from tvN.

Spoiler

• Like 3

DM + AS. Date 15th

Why I have the impression that the writers cut off again the scene where AS orders the servants to save DM's parents? AS show him the house/place where they live now? More than any money he lost. But he dont want to see them/her because of shame and what has he become? Perhaps only mother survived beating and father died and knows what her son actually does?

Only the AS will greet and talk to his mother like a friend and he will watch in secret? Will he hear any words about himself?

Something must be a spark through which the DM will become a better person and join RA in the future? (growing up)

A new goal? Change Joseon where low-born will live happily and in prosperity. 

Regaining respect in the eyes of the mother.

AS has already got a topic for reflection (conversation with EC and her master). Time for DM and change his attitude (he saved the life of the rebel man so he has moments when he hesitates)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

@mistergenie I hope for the same as well but let's hope for more than 1 scene for our OTP. The scene on preview where AS's mentor asks Eugene for help, hopefully AS is somewhere around and they meet. I kept repeating the scene you mentioned in Room 304 where the Manchuria guy attacks  Eugene, I see no AS tho. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

That quick fight scene in the hotel room isn't there in the latest subbed netflix trailer for E11. Lends credence to my theory that it definitely happens in E12.  So you didn't see what I believe I saw? Eugene will be definitely fighting that attacker but right before that, I could almost swear that the person grappling/tussling for the gun with that Manchurian guy looked fair, feminine and shorter than the attacker. Or maybe I am wrong but hey, no harm in speculating within reason.  

Edit:  Watched the preview again. Multiple times. I now believe my speculation is totally wrong. It is only Eugene fighting that attacker and not Ae Shin at all. Anyways, interesting that he is being targeted, no?  - so far Eugene has not come on Lee Wan Ik's radar so I am curious to see why WI would send that assassin after him. 

Edited by mistergenie
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, mistergenie said:

That quick fight scene in the hotel room isn't there in the latest subbed netflix trailer for E11. Lends credence to my theory that it definitely happens in E12.  Anyways, so you didn't see what I believe I saw? Eugene will be definitely fighting that attacker but right before that, I could almost swear that the person grappling/tussling for the gun with that Manchurian guy looked fair, feminine and shorter than the attacker. Or maybe I am wrong but hey, no harm in speculating within reason.  

Speculation and predictions give me great fun. Reading the theory of other people is also interesting. Dont you think we're having fun? I'm not here to argue.

Returning to your idea. I wrote myself in an earlier post that AS and EC were to meet and talk in his room. Maybe the truth is closer to the fact that AS will appear at the end of the fight when the attacker starts to run away with the weapon down the stairs or along the corridor? The scene is very short and cant be seen clearly. 

I am 100% sure of this lost photo (the writers showed it in Manchuria) and that EC will show it to the AS and she take it to her grandfather (he is powerful person)

Edit:

Lee Wan Ik finds out about EC and his involvement in the plot (certificate of the king, killing the minister of foreign affairs?). He will feel threatened because EC is a dangerous man or he will hate him because he became a farm minister or both these things?  For me, this is the only reasons for his interest in our main character EC at this moment and sending assassin but he fail and run away (Unfortunately, the same person betrayed AS parents 28 years ago).

• Like 5

On 8/9/2018 at 1:10 AM, philosophie said:

Haha or maybe I’m the one stalking you :P 

after the wonderful are you human show, this is a great romance kdrama to fill my withdrawals with. Different plot, setting and overall genres but the originality keeps you just as engaged at AYHT.

i hope we get a kiss this weekend!!

No! I think I'm stalking you...Or maybe we are stalking each other?! :D. Hehehe. Well, I'm excited! I want to read your thoughts. I'm happy I'm watching with you! :).

Spoiler

So you think Are you human is a wonderful show! I am almost finished! So I will see if I agree with you. Well, I hope this drama fills your great drama withdrawals. You said this drama has different plot, setting, and overall genres, but the originality keeps you engaged like AYHT, right? Well, thank you! You made this sound so exciting! I think I'll keep watching! I loved everything about AYHT! It is my kind of drama! 

I hope we get a kiss this weekend too :) Let's pray!

On 8/8/2018 at 10:37 PM, Ahpheng said:

thanks and glad you liked my post. 

You're welcome :) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1