[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

51 minutes ago, rubie said:

Source: Star News

Lee Seung Joon, the three-dimensional Emperor Gojong

I absolutely loved his entrance in E09, rolling in, wearing a coat like that with his guards all around him. Great scene. I also liked his views about Eugene  in E10 when he is speaking to Leo Jung-Mun "I feel drawn towards him" - when I heard that, I was like:"Eugene, don't be sad about AS. Upgrade to the King as your royal bae." 

19 minutes ago, Ahpheng said:

@mistergenie Agreed with @aurelionsol , Wan Ik must have found out about Eugene's involvement in the slush fund certificate, he  then sends the Manchuria guy to Room 304. 

Could very well be possible. 

RE: Your strip - She may have walked away but he still went to her when she fell down and offered his hand. Sort of like letting her go but still unable to stop himself from really letting her go. That's why, when she removed her hand, it hurt really bad.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

@charray LOL, I saw that just now but did not realize it at first. :huh:The Ae Shin fanboys now has their own band. :P Indeed, the fans are really creative when it comes to artwork (not to mention our own talented @Ahpheng ). MR.SUNSHINE is certainly not lagging behind, rating-wise or everything else. Now.. we can just imagine Gwan Soo going ga-ga over the boys.:lol:

Anyway, here's a different kind of ship.. the Glory ship..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

[Actor Yoo Yeon Seok] Dongmae's very tiny Q&A!!

https://www.vlive.tv/video/83835

(You can download here http://home.soshistagram.com/naver_v/ )

(This is my rough translation)

Q. Do you know the meaning of 'Dongmae'?
A. I doubt Dongmae had any meaningful Chinese characters on his name. Any specific meaning isn't mentioned in the script. I'm not sure it's because of it, but there are Japanese apricot flowers on my sword. It's tough but somewhat suits well with Dongmae's life. 'An apricot flower blooming in winter' (冬梅).
Q. Is it the real sword?
A. There is a sharp sword... but when I swing it, mostly I use dull sword. It's dangerous not only to me but also to others.
Q. Don't you feel hard doing many action scenes?
A. Running is OK, but the problem is, I wear 'Geda'. Running wearing Geda is not easy.
[Dadadadadadada]
Q. Dongmae's action! What response do you expect?
A. It's a samurai action wearing Japanese clothes, so the way of using the sword is different. I hope people can feel the difference.
Q. Bare feet action Dongmae! Are your feet ok? TT
A. I happened to run with bare feet, it was the sand ground. It's like I went back to my child days, but I felt pain a lot at the bottom of my feet. There were some stones. (Seeing the video) It looked sensuous.
Q. How long does it take to make up?
A. At first, it took more than 2 hours, now it got speedy, so about 1 hour and a half.
Q. Beard.. How do you feel?
A. At first, I felt awkward. Now I feel awkward seeing my plain face after removing the beard. Have I ever filmed without beard?... I got used to it a lot now.
Q. Do you like your hair style?
A. I've tried various things. I've tried to braid and let fall long. Now I'm satisfied with my current style.
Q. How is your clothes?
A. At first, when I flimed at winter, this part (front) is open, so I couldn't wear any proper underwear, so I felt cold. Now it's summer, I'm wearing many layers, I feel very hot now.
Q. What is your most favorite clothes?
A. It was at the teaser, the red kimono goes well with flaming tempered Dongmae.
Q. Any know-how memorizing Japanese lines?
A. I can't do it by just writing the sound in Hangul and memorizing. It works only when I write the meaning and Hiragana then memorize. Before filming, I keep practicing. I record my lines and repeat listening.
Q. Say any line of Dongmae!
A. Dongmae's lines are a little bit harsh and ruthless. 'Ikuzo' means 'Let's go!'.
[Regretting he should have not]
They are mostly without honorific expression, so I can't use them in the daily conversation. I think I should study daily Japanese seperately.
Q. What do you do in the car while moving to local cities?
A. Mostly I sleep. 
Q. Any know-how for the overnight filming?
A. I don't have special know-how. I think I just endure. With expectation for the good result in the future, I endure.
Q. How is the mood in the filming location?
A. We've filmed together since last year for four seasons. The mood in the location is very good.
Q. 'Please pay attention to this part of Dongmae!'
A. I hope you understand Dongmae's sad heart suffering for the love which he can't obtain. Well, I'm not sure which would viewers prefer, Dongmae suffer more? or less painful?
But I think many people will sympathize with Dongmae who is looking at one person only and cheer for him.
I appreciate your great love you're sending. I hope you keep watching the show to the end. Please show us a lot of love and care. Thank you.

Korean script.

Spoiler

[배우 유연석] 동매의 매우 소소한 Q&A!!

여기 앉으면 되나요? 빨간 벽이라 잘...
안녕하세요. 미스터 션샤인에서 구동매 역할을 맡은 유연석입니다. 반갑습니다. 매우 소소한 질문이라도 성심성의껏 대답하겠습니다.
Q. 동매라는 이름은 맘에 드나요?
A. 음... 네. 왠지 모르게 친근감도 있고, 사무라이 복장과는 뭔가 unbalance 하면서도, 옛날에 칠봉이 처럼 구수한 느낌이 나는 이름이라.
Q. 대본에 이름은 직접 쓰는거죠?
A. 따로 이름이 씌여져 있지 않기 때문에 제가 직접 '동매' 라고 이름을 씁니다. 손수.
Q. '동매'의 이름 뜻 알고 있나요?
A. 사실 제대로 된 한자어 이름이 동매에게 있었을까 싶긴 한데, 정확하게 대본에 동매 뜻이 나와 있진 않아요. 그것 때문에 칼에 매화꽃이 있는지 모르겠지만. 척박하면서도 뭔가 동매의 삶과 잘 어울리는 것 같아요. 겨울에 피는 매화.
Q. 진짜 칼이에요?
A. 진짜 날이 서 있는 칼이 있긴 한데... 주로 휘두르거나 할 때는, 저도 위험하지만, 모두가 위험하기 때문에 무뎌진 칼을 씁니다.
Q. 액션신이 많아서 힘들지는 않은지?
A. 달리는 건 괜찮은데, 문제는 '게다' 라는 걸 신습니다. 그걸 신고 뛰는 게 쉽지 않은 것 같아요.
[다다다다다다]
Q. 동매의 액션! 어떤 반응 예상하시나요?
A. 일본 복장을 압고 하는 사무라이 액션이라 칼 쓰는 게 조금 색다르다. 좀 다른 느낌을 받았으면 좋겠다.
Q. 맨발 액션 동매! 발 괜찮아요? TT
A. 어떻게 하다 보니까 맨발로 뛰기는 했는데, 모래 바닥이니까, 어릴 때로 돌아간 것 같기도 하지만, 발이 너무 아프더라고요. 자갈도 있고. (영상 보니까) 느낌 있더라고요.
Q. 분장 시간은 얼마나 걸리나요?
A. 맨 처음에는 2시간도 넘게 걸렸었는데, 지금은 속도가 붙어서 1시간 반 정도.
Q. 수염.. 어때요?
A. 처음에는 수염이 어색했었어요. 지금은 수염을 다 떼고 나면 맨얼굴로 있을 때 어색할 때도 있어요. 내가 언제 수염 없이 촬영을 했었나... 많이 적응 되어 있어요, 지금은.
Q. Hair Style은  마음에 드나요?
A. 여러가지 많이 해봤었어요. 머리를 길게 땋아서 내려뜨려볼까? 현재 만족하고 있습니다.
Q. 의상은 어때요?
A. 처음에 겨울에 촬영할 때는 여기가 트여져 있다 보니까, 안에 내복 같은 걸 입기 힘들어서 추웠었는데, 이제 여름이 되니까, 몇 겹을 겹쳐 입으니까 지금 상당히 더워요.
Q. 가장 마음에 들었던 의상은?
A. 티저에도 나갔었는데, 붉은색 기모노가 불같은 성격의 동매에게 잘 어울리는 것 같아요.
Q. 일본어 대사 외우는 노하우?
A. 그냥 일본어를 한글로 써서만 외우려고 하면 안외워지더라고요. 뜻과 히라가나를 써가면서 외워야돼요. 찍기 전에 계속 연습하고, 대사도 녹음해서 다시 들어보면서 연습해요.
Q. 동매의 일본어 대사 한 마디!
A. 동매의 대사가 좀 쎄요. 예의 없어요. '이쿠조' 라고 '가자!' 입니다.
[괜히 했다 싶음]
존칭이 빠진 말들을 많이 써서 일상 대화에서 쓰기는 쉽지 않을 것 같아요. 일상에서 쓸 수 있는 일본어를 따로 공부하려고 합니다.
Q. 지방 촬영 이동시 차 안에서는?
A. 주로 잡니다. 
Q. 밤생 촬영 노하우가 있다면?
A. 특별한 방법은 없는데. 그냥 버티는 것 같아요. 좋은 결과가 있을 거라는 기대를 가지고 버티는 것 같아요.
Q. 현장 분위기는 어떤가요?
A. 작년부터 거의 사계절을 같이 보내면서 촬영을 하다 보니까 촬영장 분위기가 굉장히 좋습니다.
Q. 동매의 이런 점을 주위 깊게 봐주세요!
A. 뭔가 가질 수 없는 사랑에 아파하는 동매의 아련한 마음도 좀 헤아려주셨으면 좋겠고, 글쎄요. 짠내가 많이 나야 되는 건지, 덜 짠내가 나야 좋아하실지 모르겠지만. 한 사람만 바라보는 동매의 모습에 많은 분들이 같이 공감해 주시고, 응원해주시지 않을까 생각합니다.
여러분 지금 계속 많은 사랑 보내주셔서 감사드리고요. 남은 방송 끝까지 본방사수 해주시고, 끝까지 많은 애정과 사랑 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다.

Please feel free to use my translation without asking my permission.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

@Ahpheng  Im a guy and I say this in public (this is a form of courage :)) that your art work causes me a lot of positive feelings (smile, tears in my eyes). I can see how someone puts their heart into their work. Of course, there are several similar people in this thread. I hope they will not take offense when I say that your work is the best.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Ahpheng  I can be very critical. These writers are very interesting and good despite mistakes and stupid scenes (DOTS?). A few scenes were great, phenomenal and a few boring, pathetic or just stupid. They learn from mistakes and create better productions.

I'm here for a specific reason. I sensed that this series will be nice, interesting with original characters, plot twists and historical period. I like Asian culture, cuisine, history. 

I travel a lot as a tourist (people, culture, cuisine, nature and architecture) - everyone have hobby and this is mine. 

Mr Sunshine: I try follow the story carefully and predict it. It must fit me this or that. Even these relationships must make sense to me because characters are growing up.

Off topic: Haha. I thought nobody would discover it. I didnt think that some might have children. I had no idea for a nickname and it was a kind of mystery.

You are from Vietnam/Thailand because nickname directs me in those areas? Of course, I can be wrong. Your son is directing me to South Korea where Lol is very popular :) Third place is USA (Netflix, LoL)

I will ask out of curiosity. Have you read all my posts? I dont have to be seer but it's my contribution to the drama. I'm not artist like you but a theoretician and thinker :)

• Like 2

@rubie Looks like Eugene passes her his gloves....and decides to put on her !  Me like ! Thanks 

@aurelionsol yes, I read your posts, interesting predictions though I may not fully agree with them. I don't join in the discussion mainly coz I prefer to read Soompiers' analysis and thoughts and stick to creating comic strips instead. 

off topic : I am Malaysian residing in Spore, mother to LOL liker and Netflix subscriber. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, rubie said:

Source: tvN / OSEN

It's not an imagination. :( Their first encounter after the ice confession.

:bawling::bawling:

Omg first scene of tomorrow’s episode already another teary-eyed goodbye??? I would have preferred a goodbye hug or a goodbye kiss rather than a goodbye handshake... they need to take this to the next level!

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote images. Thanks :)
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, Emily Wong said:

:bawling::bawling:

Omg first scene of tomorrow’s episode already another teary-eyed goodbye??? I would have preferred a goodbye hug or a goodbye kiss rather than a goodbye handshake... they need to take this to the next level!

OPTIMISTIC VIEW - Much better than a simple handshake. Gives her the gloves when he is at arms length to her but then moves closer, takes her hands in his and puts the gloves in/on them. Gentle, intimate and sweet. 

PESSIMISTIC VIEW - He gets close to her, holds her hands and gives her the gloves, maybe even puts them on but she returns them as they part ways. :cry:

@Ahpheng - Those set of latest Eugene/Ae Shin pics are perfect material for your strips. Looking forward to see how you will caption them. 

My heart would flutter like crazy if she indeed keeps the gloves, puts them on during her mission/s and smell them whenever she is reminded of Eugene. Being reminded of an absent loved one and smelling their clothes or belongings is quite the cliche TV/movie trope but I still love it very much.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

OPTIMISTIC VIEW - Much better than a simple handshake. Gives her the gloves when he is at arms length to her but then moves closer, takes her hands in his and puts the gloves in/on them. Gentle, intimate and sweet. 

PESSIMISTIC VIEW - He gets close to her, holds her hands and gives her the gloves, maybe even puts them on but she returns them as they part ways. :cry:

@Ahpheng - Those set of latest Eugene/Ae Shin pics are perfect material for your strips. Looking forward to see how you will caption them. 

My heart would flutter like crazy if she indeed keeps the gloves, puts them on during her mission/s and smell them whenever she is reminded of Eugene. Being reminded of an absent loved one and smelling their clothes or belongings is quite the cliche TV/movie trope but I still love it very much.

Lol I like the optimistic view... seriously though- when are we gonna get a kiss??? Arghh.. at the rate this is going, this drama might end without a kiss at all... sigh... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Emily Wong said:

Lol I like the optimistic view... seriously though- when are we gonna get a kiss??? Arghh.. at the rate this is going, this drama might end without a kiss at all... sigh... 

Given the time period that this drama is set in, I am not expecting much PDA at all. In the absence of PDA, any and all gestures, looks, facial expressions etc etc - the little things - these are the ones I look out for. Eh! Who am I kidding? I would still go gaga over any and all kisses.

One thing though, I am happy that so far there hasn't been any forceful (without consent) kissing of the female lead by any of the male leads, specially the secondary leads. kdramas have an affliction when it comes to that. 

Speculation about  tonight's duel?  I think it will end in a scenario where one of them sees the other's face(and if that happens, I am leaning towards Kudo Hina seeing Ae Shin's face) or maybe both see each other's faces. Either way, the prospect of a good 'sismance'  taking shape is not out of the question. What do you guys think? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

@rubie Looks like Eugene passes her his gloves....and decides to put on her !  Me like ! Thanks  

Oh! I didn't catch that :huh:.. I thought it's her black hanky but he already returned it to Ae Shin when they were in his room. He's concerned that her hands were freezing and gave her his gloves. :tears: Hope she doesn't decline his gesture, she's probably just so happy to see him again and not care about the cold weather.

yes.gif It's Saturday the MR.SUNSHINE DAY is here again.  Please don't rain too much tonight.. let us have some warm ray of sunshine, too. th_pwettybunny.gif We'll be optimistic indeed!

Here are bigger captures of the scene from tvN ~

• Like 7