Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

9 hours ago, rubie said:

Hi @kreatifbunch, welcome to the thread! Good to see you posting, finally. :)Hope many more will post their thoughts, questions, anything about the drama.. indeed,MR.SUNSHINE does have its own followers despite everything else.

It was till recently indicated that Go Ae Sun was married or still married to someone. But no mention on the husband, only that he now has a child with his mistress. Nope, Go Ae Sun is not the mistress of the foreign minister. They do look rather alike somehow.. another similarity, both like to gamble though, in fact they're always gambling together and catfighting at the table.  

Apart from the fanboys' (now regular) drinking sessions, EC also has his legation family albeit annoyingly cute at times :lol: 

So, Eugene.. you are not alone.. no no..

Clip: mrsunshinedramaa

Thnks Rubie for the clarification. Ae Sun and mistress look alike that i thought they are the same person. So Ae Sun & Ae Shin are cousins or auntie/niece ?

Agreed that EC legation family are cute, so does Do Mi

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, kreatifbunch said:

Thnks Rubie for the clarification. Ae Sun and mistress look alike that i thought they are the same person. So Ae Sun & Ae Shin are cousins or auntie/niece ?

Agreed that EC legation family are cute, so does Do Mi

No problem at all! ^_^ If Ae Sun became the mistress of the minister, it'll definitely be bad news for Ae Shin's well-known grandfather. Ae Sun's biggest flaw is her attitude and addiction to gambling. But then, apart from Gunner Jang, no one knows (yet) about Ae Shin and Eugene which would create even bigger scandal.. for obvious reasons. :unsure:

Ae Sun and Ae Shin are cousins, if not mistaken she's the daughter of the archery expert aunt. Hee Sung called her cousin-in-law when they introduced themselves at the pawnshop.

Another nice fan artwork, simple but sweet. A compilation of these would make a nice coloring book for Kdrama fans.. like, why not. :lol:

Art by aann.97

• Like 6

On 8/9/2018 at 12:43 PM, rubie said:

No problem at all! ^_^ If Ae Sun became the mistress of the minister, it'll definitely be bad news for Ae Shin's well-known grandfather. Ae Sun's biggest flaw is her attitude and addiction to gambling. But then, apart from Gunner Jang, no one knows (yet) about Ae Shin and Eugene which would create even bigger scandal.. for obvious reasons. :unsure:

Ae Sun and Ae Shin are cousins, if not mistaken she's the daughter of the archery expert aunt. Hee Sung called her cousin-in-law when they introduced themselves at the pawnshop.

Another nice fan artwork, simple but sweet. A compilation of these would make a nice coloring book for Kdrama fans.. like, why not. :lol:

Art by aann.97

If my theory with EC leaving and return Joseon is correct, change of law by the king, acceptance AS+EC relationship (mostly among ordinary people and low-born and few noble families allied with Go)... part of the aristocracy may not accept this fact and husband AeSun annul the marriage because he cant imagine having in his family (cousins in law) a former slave. 

How will AeSun get interested in Kyle after marriage annulment and change her bad behavior and becoming in future better person? EC became known, respected despite his low origin. Kyle is a major in the US Army and gives the impression of being someone from a good, wealthy American family. He is also handsome, funny and people like him. 

My pairings:

AeShin+EC

Aesun+Kyle (they have not met yet but I'm counting on this relationship for some reasons in future,

grandfather is against contacts with the Westerners and he will have an American in his family Kyle and former slave EC)

Hina+HS (father traitor and pro-japanese + terrifying grandfather/family)

DM+Hotaru

Jang Sung Go+Hongpa

left+right hand AS (servants)

All the time I think that Hina father poisoned her Japanese husband (her poison could be detected but she is convinced that it is her job). He didnt know that he gave the daughter to the sadist (her scars). 

He wanted marry her well because mother and daughter were from Joseon (origin). 

Father hides her mother (she still alive and hide in Joseon) because wife and daughter are the only things he cares about. He cant be completely villain because he is too boring and that would give him a human expression.

@aurelionsol I don't think Ae Sun have ever met Kyle, at least not face to face (even EC have not met her).. or maybe I missed it. :unsure: If anything, if Ae Sun's character would get a bigger exposure (so far, she appeared in one episode and disappears in the next two).. if she wasn't married, maybe her 'love interest' would be the ex-slave hunter (the pawnshop co-owner). Ae Shin's English teacher was the one smitten by Kyle when they accidentally met on the streets. Maybe.. if.. fated that Ae Shin did not end up with Eugene (hope not!), then some of the supporting 'couples' may have a bit of happy ending.. as consolation. Just my thoughts..

MR.SUNSHINE cast and crew enjoying their meal at the Nonsan filming set. Photo uploaded by one of Dong Mae's men.

I think there's the Japanese soldier (will he appear again and kill someone :wacko:).. with Do Mi and his sister at the table.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rubie said:

@aurelionsol I don't think Ae Sun have ever met Kyle, at least not face to face (even EC have not met her).. or maybe I missed it. If anything, if Ae Sun's character would get a bigger exposure (so far, she appeared in one episode and disappears in the next two).. if she wasn't married, maybe her 'love interest' would be the ex-slave hunter (the pawnshop co-owner). Ae Shin's English teacher was the one smitten by Kyle when they accidentally met on the streets. Maybe.. if.. fated that Ae Shin did not end up with Eugene (hope not!), then some of the supporting 'couples' may have a bit of happy ending.. as consolation. Just my thoughts..

MR.SUNSHINE cast and crew enjoying their meal at the Nonsan filming set. Photo uploaded by one of Dong Mae's men.

I think there's the Japanese soldier (will he appear again and kill someone :wacko:).. with Do Mi and her sister at the table.

Aesun has not met Kyle yet, 10 episodes behind us (half). I think Japanese soldier avoided the execution (agreement between Joseon and Japan, We didnt saw the execution. Why? Maybe they killed someone else and Japanese soldier leave or hide to silence the matter). He will appear during the future battle RA vs Japan and die from the hands of the EC or AS?

• Like 1

Extreme jobs in Korean Empire

Extreme Jobs!(Korean Empire ver.) From a clueless collegue to occasional death threats... :tears::tears: Here we present ordinary day of tearful #Eugene Choi. tvn Drama #Mr Sunshine, 9PM on Sat/Sun.

* Let me know if this is already posted!

• Like 8

First time poster here. Signed on because I am utterly hooked to this drama. Love the discussions, appreciate the spoilers and other BTS tidbits. Special shoutout to @Ahpheng whose hilarious and creative instagram posts led me here to this forum. 

Anyways, on topic. Did you guys notice in the preview for E11 that there's a fight going on in Eugene's hotel room and even shots are fired through the hotel room door. I noticed two things about this ultra brief scene -

1) there's a very, very quick frame of a person in grey clothes fighting someone who looks a lot like Ae Shin when she is in her suit - her fair,feminine face is briefly visible in the muzzle flash when the gun she is trying to wrangle from the grey clothed figure goes off in the room.

2) the immediate next frame is that of a person who very much looks like Eugene in his trademark blue suit, falling and fighting with that same grey clothed assassin.

Speculation time -

First off, I think this scene will be in E12 and not in E11 because past three weeks have given us some preview scenes that have ended up airing later in other episodes.

Could Eugene and Ae Shin both be together in Room 304 when the assassin strikes? I would love it if they end up fighting together against that assassin but more than that I will be absolutely chuffed that the two are together in a scene - because even though they may be apart romantically for the time being, it is better than nothing to see them interact with each other/have more scenes with each other. 

Edited by mrgenie
  • Like 8

@Ahpheng  daebak! Good job! *wink* 

Waiting for saturday that seems so longgg.... *sigh* 

Hope it's not too late, I wish to welcome all newcomers! I love your takes on the drama. We are expecting the actual turbulence time in coming episodes. Get your tissues ready next to your keyboards. Keep on writing, tears falling notwithstanding... cheers!

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

Extreme jobs in Korean Empire

Extreme Jobs!(Korean Empire ver.) From a clueless collegue to occasional death threats... :tears::tears: Here we present ordinary day of tearful #Eugene Choi. tvn Drama #Mr Sunshine, 9PM on Sat/Sun.

* Let me know if this is already posted!

No, it had not been posted here before. And thank you for your translating for us what the clip is about. It is so cute and Eugene is so exasperated! I had seen it on tvN IG today but had not clue what it is about.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

isn't it juvenile to be joking/fighting for a woman and 90% of content around forced "bromance" between three men when the stakes are so high??

KES probably stuck gold with the goblin and DOTS bromance (was it because of acting? but i can't fault acting in Mr sunshine. .. and heirs bromance was all KWB :P)

Goblin was not perfect and had a stupid ending and forced bromance?

24 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Goblin was not perfect and had a stupid ending and forced bromance?

What are you asking me?

Are you asking for my opinion whether i consider goblin was perfect or not? Then my answer is, that is not even something i said in the original comment.

For second part of your question, again if you are asking me if i think goblin bromance was forced, then read original comment again. I am saying bromance in Mr Sunshine for "cuteness" or "laughter" is a misfit and makes no sense in the overarching arc, despite good acting.

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

First time poster here. Signed on because I am utterly hooked to this drama. Love the discussions, appreciate the spoilers and other BTS tidbits. Special shoutout to @Ahpheng whose hilarious and creative instagram posts led me here to this forum. 

Hi there, a BIG welcome to the thread ! I spent 2 days searching for @miracle23 on IG, now do I need to search another 2 days to find out who you are ? :lol: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Chart on the characters in Mr Sunshine and their relationships. At least this one has a love line between Eugene and Ae Shin compared to the earlier chart which misled so many viewers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to say I love Hina in the Western dress more than in a Kimono

How can I say, her side profile is just gorgeous

kim-min-jung-main-800x445.jpg

credit to owner

• Like 8

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I am saying bromance in Mr Sunshine for "cuteness" or "laughter" is a misfit and makes no sense in the overarching arc, despite good acting.

100% agree with this.

Hi there, a BIG welcome to the thread ! I spent 2 days searching for @miracle23 on IG, now do I need to search another 2 days to find out who you are ? :lol: 

@Ahpheng I will save you the trouble. I don't have an Instagram account, I just browse anonymously. :)

Edited by mistergenie
  • Like 3

I had to remind myself that it's still Thursday (in the states) and there's still two days till we get this:

tumblr_pd286blvlR1qm5w5wo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pd286blvlR1qm5w5wo4_r1_400.gif

Also, I need more Ae Shin and Hee Sung moments

tumblr_pd1sbe2TAf1qm5w5wo5_540.gif

You can always check out more on my tumblr

ALSO. I don't recall seeing anyone else post it on the forum but YYS is hosting a vlive at 11AM KST on Friday (I've also heard 9AM but I'm not entirely sure how true that is). That's in like 9 and a half hours. Whether you are a GU DONG MAE fan or not, please go check out the broadcast to support the show. The broadcast will be here whenever it actually starts. I don't think there will be eng subs since it's real time live but vlive in general is pretty good about getting subs up within 48 hours.

Anyway, GO LOVE THIS SHOW. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

On 8/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, mistergenie said:

Anyways, on topic. Did you guys notice in the preview for E11 that there's a fight going on in Eugene's hotel room and even shots are fired through the hotel room door. I noticed two things about this ultra brief scene -

1) there's a very, very quick frame of a person in grey clothes fighting someone who looks a lot like Ae Shin when she is in her suit - her fair,feminine face is briefly visible in the muzzle flash when the gun she is trying to wrangle from the grey clothed figure goes off in the room.

2) the immediate next frame is that of a person who very much looks like Eugene in his trademark blue suit, falling and fighting with that same grey clothed assassin.

Speculation time -

First off, I think this scene will be in E12 and not in E11 because past three weeks have given us some preview scenes that have ended up airing later in other episodes.

Could Eugene and Ae Shin both be together in Room 304 when the assassin strikes? I would love it if they end up fighting together against that assassin but more than that I will be absolutely chuffed that the two are together in a scene - because even though they may be apart romantically for the time being, it is better than nothing to see them interact with each other/have more scenes with each other. 

Preview 11 and thoughts

AS and Hina will fight in a duel (Glory Hotel). EC come and stop the fight.

I saw in one of the scenes that AS is standing in a pharmacy and thinking about something (EC told her something?). She has a wound on her lip so this is after this fight vs Hina.

HS comes to school, makes a fuss, gives AS her suit? (she guesses that he knows and this is the warning she talks about in one of the scenes when she was in palanquin?)

Assasin will strike when EC is alone in the room. AS will come when assasin run away or after this fight and see the room. They both planned to meet for some reason in his room.

Im sure that this is the same person who betrayed AS parents (he stayed all time Manchuria and was summoned and had mission kill EC).

He lose the picture and it will be the trail of the assasin. EC show AS photo. Someone noticed that AS does not know who her parents are? In one episode she wonders where she got her skills. Grandfather hid their picture and the truth?

In one of the scenes, AS is on the river and she is aiming gun at someone. HS followed her and talked with her.

Jang meets EC and asks for help (mission). I've already explained why AS went to the hotel and why RA needs help. My previous posts.

My chaotic thoughts :)

@luna11 I'm sad because I won't be able to watch it live (because it will 4am where I live :() but I'll watch the replay for sure (I hope there's a replay, please tell me there is one).

PS: I love your edits and I can't wait for the DM/HK moment :wub:

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

What are you asking me?

Are you asking for my opinion whether i consider goblin was perfect or not? Then my answer is, that is not even something i said in the original comment.

For second part of your question, again if you are asking me if i think goblin bromance was forced, then read original comment again. I am saying bromance in Mr Sunshine for "cuteness" or "laughter" is a misfit and makes no sense in the overarching arc, despite good acting.

IM saying that goblin had a forced romance and bromance and had a bad ending this drama feels alot better to me.