Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

3 minutes ago, sliceofpiee said:

where are you guys watching the drama?

It’s available on drama fever . But most subbed sites would have picked it up. ( just google ) 

• Like 6

I have a question after watching episode 1:

How is a robot able to eat and digest human food?

6356505_D-5445-45_BA-90_B9-_FBB570129837

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Just now, aisling said:

I completely cracked up at your question. I am assuming the technology is quite ahead for him to "process" some food. Mum must have created a complete digestive system. :lol:  @jerboa83 some thoughts here. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Ratings wise it’s 5.2% & 5.9%. These days,  it’s actually a strong start  You are welcome @raziela. Good to see you here

edit : folks there might be some disruptions to new episodes airing in mid June because of World Cup & local elections 

@triplem Thanks so much! Hope we can have a pleasant and fun thread (and maybe even sleeper hit!) like Jugglers again:D

That's a pretty good start.  The ratings aren't bad with the way ratings are these days. I guess because Miracle That We Met is completed the other two terrestrial dramas had a nice jump in ratings this week compared to last week.

I haven't watched today's episodes yet but I noticed ep 1 and ep 2 were aired today. I liked that KBS were the only one of the main stations that were not splitting their drams in half.  Are KBS going to change that with Are You Human Too?

Thanks for the warning about TV disruptions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, blademan said:

Am I the only one kinda shaken that he slapped her?!! 

I'm watching ep 1 now with no subs so I don't have much idea what is happening but, yes, that scene shocked me too.  I assume it's to show what a jerk he is and contrast to Namshin 3's character.

• Like 3

Okay, we have been waiting for this drama for A LONG TIME, and I hope it's worth it. I haven't watched the 2 episodes yet (both are posted already) but I hope this drama isn't like Hyde Jekyll, Me. In the drama, if you haven't seen it SPOILER AHEAD, the main female lead falls in love with the 2 personalities in one man but she falls for the double personality first and then the "real personality" later on. For me it felt like the writing seemed forced for her to love the "real personality" of the guy. In this drama we all know the real Nam Shin is in a coma while his AI robot look-alike is rooming the streets pretending to be like him. Even though she first meets Nam Shin she is going to fall in love with the robot pretty sure ( I still haven't seen the episodes just prediction) and then sooner or later she will meet the real Nam Shin again and fall for him I guess, but I feel like she will always truly love the robot Nam Shin more. Just my opinion I'll come back after I watch both episodes. 

What would be cool is if the real Nam Shin conscience was in the robot some kind of way like transferring it, so at least when she falls for the robot she is still falling for the real Nam Shin and not just some look-alike that literally can't be with her because he's not human. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

this kind of reminds me of Astroboy.. :tongue: i just checked and saw ep1 and 2 have been subbed.. now i just need the clock to run faster so that i can knock off from work soon!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I just started watching and a bit confused, so is the original/human nam shin the one who got taken away by his grandfather? or did the original nam shin die before hand or something? 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sandjh said:

I just started watching and a bit confused, so is the original/human nam shin the one who got taken away by his grandfather? or did the original nam shin die before hand or something? 

@sandjh Originial nam shin was taken away by his grandfather and he was grown and brought up with his grandfather !

He didn’t die - he would be in a state of coma ( for how long we dont know ) !

But he will be cured

and guess what ? !

Spoiler

Somewhere in the middle of some teasers (hope it isnt an illusion from my over thinking capacity) we could see nam shin and nam shin III face to face 

•One somewhere i donno where it is !

• And other at the hospital !

• Like 4

At a press conference the actress playing the mum said she’d be conflicted about her two sons. That means at one point human Shin will wake up and will want to take back his place. I’m really curious how are they going to resolve this.

Anyway, besides the main leads the whole cast is great! Nam Shin’s fiancée quite intrigued me, she didn’t seem like a typical clingy second lead. I really like when she said it was tacky to restrain him. Let’s see how she’ll turn out.

F04133_B3-_FABB-49_A7-_B803-_AEBDC0_FCFA

9_E4_A2_BC3-3_B01-474_F-_B366-3_E3910_CE

• Like 8

5 hours ago, aisling said:

I have a question after watching episode 1:

Maybe he has a secret bin (to be regularly emptied) like Borg Mom? :D 
Actually, he appears to have biologic tissues grown in laboratory on his metal skeleton as an artificial skin, probably similar to the tissues that are currently being experimented on (to be used on transplant patients o patients with severe burns), so he might also have some sort of metabolism... We'll see. From what we can get, he receives many sensory feedbacks from the world surrounding him and he enjoys them very much, including smells and (probably) taste. It seems that he has the equivalent of the five human senses + equilibrium (notoriously not so easy to achieve for bipedal humanoids - see the scene of N1 falling from the stairs) + other "senses" that we don't have (the ability to weight things, to "perceive" wi-fi connections and smart objects, to dive into the Web and look for information). His AI is probably based also on online "deep learning" (but not only).

National viewership ratings: 5,2 and 5,9% 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/04/partners-justice-rises-top-time-slot-human-makes-solid-premiere/

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, raziela said:

I haven't watched today's episodes yet but I noticed ep 1 and ep 2 were aired today. I liked that KBS were the only one of the main stations that were not splitting their drams in half.  Are KBS going to change that with Are You Human Too?

So far they're only doing this to this drama. Could be because it was so damn expensive (for a non-cable drama) and KBS needs the extra money (with ads).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, raziela said:

@triplem Thanks so much! Hope we can have a pleasant and fun thread (and maybe even sleeper hit!) like Jugglers again:D

That's a pretty good start.  The ratings aren't bad with the way ratings are these days. I guess because Miracle That We Met is completed the other two terrestrial dramas had a nice jump in ratings this week compared to last week.

Thanks for the warning about TV disruptions.

Only the first episode was aired, actually: it's just that they split it into two 30-mins parts, like they currently tend to do.

2 hours ago, aisling said:

At a press conference the actress playing the mum said she’d be conflicted about her two sons. That means at one point human Shin will wake up and will want to take back his place. I’m really curious how are they going to resolve this.

Anyway, besides the main leads the whole cast is great! Nam Shin’s fiancée quite intrigued me, she didn’t seem like a typical clingy second lead. I really like when she said it was tacky to restrain him. Let’s see how she’ll turn out.

I was pleasantly surprised when we met N's fiancée: she's sassier than I expected and deeply involved in the corporation's dynamics. She doesn't seem to be just another annoyingly whiny second lead with an annoyingly persistent, unreciprocated crush on the protagonist. She WILL probably act that way, too, but she also seems to be sassy and daring in a intriguing way.

By the way... Another thing that caught me completely off-guard was the chairman's delirium... The "evil director" (I don't remember his name) seems to suspect something about it: that's why he thinks that this is the best chance to make his move, get rid of the legitimate heir and take over the company.

Dramafever spells N's mother name as an occidental name, "Aurora" ("dawn", in Italian): 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/5-reasons-why-were-stoked-to-watch-are-you-human-too/

Can't wait to watch this scene:

Edited by triplem
Please do not post consecutively within one hour. Edit to add.
  • Like 6

Hold on! Okay so based on the first episode and highlight trailer, it seems like she's gonna fall for the actual robot :blink:

Cause based on the first episode the real guy is a JERK! Like how do you hit a woman like that?!! Idec that it was in public he shouldn't hit ANY woman period.

So how is this gonna work?? I thought it'd be something like a chaebol who seems like a jerk but is actually a softie but nah mate he's the REAL DEAL :crazy: 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Another thing that caught me completely off-guard was the chairman's delirium... The "evil director" (I don't remember his name) seems to suspect something about it: that's why he thinks that this is the best chance to make his move, get rid of the legitimate heir and take over the company.

Looks like the old man may have some form of dementia or Alzheimer's . I was taken aback as well. Also found second female lead quite a smart girl who knows her place and seems like she will know how to play her cards. 

I am highly suspicious of the NS's dad's suicide as well. He had a loving and happy family , so I don't see why he would take his own life. Evil director had a hand or maybe even the old man himself. That's why now he is all guilty and confused in his later years. 

@blademan While I do see why NS set this whole thing up in order to escape,  I definitely did not like him slapping her so hard. It's still physical violence that should not be encouraged. But I think that also sets up the story for later she will get so mad at him and confronts him (or rather Nam Shin 3) when he return to SK. Yes , I want to see how they will reconcile this. So when she falls for NS3 , is it the same as falling for human NS? That will be the million dollar question.

SKJ is doing a marvelous job. I buy the difference in the characters he is playing. NS 3 vs human NS. Both had different vibes - the eyes especially.  I can see why mum & even the love interest will be torn later on - I do really like NS3 more right now. I know he is a robot ,but it's just the way he expresses himself - is like a pure uncorrupted child.  Very interesting premise. 

I think my heart may have done several loops  when LJH appeared. Seems like he is a good guy here. LOL!  (Sorry fangirl problems of wanting to see their oppas in good roles all the time :lol:). Posted by his agency

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

BTW for those who are curious about Seo Kang Joon speaking Czech - he actually did quite well for Asian speaking foreigner. I closed my eyes and just listened to what he was saying and surprisingly I understood everything he said in Czech. When he was speaking as Nam Shin his pronunciation was a bit heavy but when he was speaking Czech as Nam Shin 3 he did really well.

But as usual when white “actors” appear in k-drama some scenes were so cringeworthy. Especially the one with a flirtatious florist, I had to half close my eyes because I cringed so much.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

came here after watching the first two eps!! (since each is half an hr so technically it's one episode a whole)
i had doubts about the drama at first, but i was hooked just half an hour in!! i was super shooked when NS slapped SB, that seemed like a really painful one >< 
ROBOT NS IS SUCH AN ANGEL OMG tbh i'd have thought he was just being a weirdo if i came across him at a market. I love his "the rule is to hug you when you cry" gah can we all abide by this rule. pls. 

anyway, i'm guessing NS's grandpa is gonna lose his mind soon?? like dementia?? i think if he does, that's where the whole company politics will start i guess lol. 
ok let's talk about the part where robot NS and human NS meet. I WAS LIKE HOLY MOLY SHEEZU. like i'd freak out if i saw someone with the exact same face as me wtf. and then hey what's a k drama without a BIG WHITE richard simmons TRUCK RAMMING OVER YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN!!! i saw some comments saying that it was prolly a accident but we all know accidents never happen in k drama world. so my guess is that the driver must be the guy who was following NS like what's new lmao. 

but one thing i don't get though, like the director would rather NS die than have him marry his daughter?? i understand he wanna take over the company blah blah blah, but won't the daughter be like sad if NS die or what??? unless the daughter doesn't care about NS but im assuming she does and likes him cause what's not to like huehue. 

anyway, i can't wait for the next ep, especially since we'll finally see robot NS in training to become a rich heir. hehe. oh and bodyguard SB and robot NS interacting huehue!!! 

• Like 6