[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sandjh said:

I just started watching and a bit confused, so is the original/human nam shin the one who got taken away by his grandfather? or did the original nam shin die before hand or something? 

@sandjh Originial nam shin was taken away by his grandfather and he was grown and brought up with his grandfather !

He didn’t die - he would be in a state of coma ( for how long we dont know ) !

But he will be cured

and guess what ? !

Spoiler

Somewhere in the middle of some teasers (hope it isnt an illusion from my over thinking capacity) we could see nam shin and nam shin III face to face 

•One somewhere i donno where it is !

• And other at the hospital !

At a press conference the actress playing the mum said she’d be conflicted about her two sons. That means at one point human Shin will wake up and will want to take back his place. I’m really curious how are they going to resolve this.

Anyway, besides the main leads the whole cast is great! Nam Shin’s fiancée quite intrigued me, she didn’t seem like a typical clingy second lead. I really like when she said it was tacky to restrain him. Let’s see how she’ll turn out.

F04133_B3-_FABB-49_A7-_B803-_AEBDC0_FCFA

9_E4_A2_BC3-3_B01-474_F-_B366-3_E3910_CE

5 hours ago, aisling said:

I have a question after watching episode 1:

How is a robot able to eat and digest human food?

Maybe he has a secret bin (to be regularly emptied) like Borg Mom? :D 
Actually, he appears to have biologic tissues grown in laboratory on his metal skeleton as an artificial skin, probably similar to the tissues that are currently being experimented on (to be used on transplant patients o patients with severe burns), so he might also have some sort of metabolism... We'll see. From what we can get, he receives many sensory feedbacks from the world surrounding him and he enjoys them very much, including smells and (probably) taste. It seems that he has the equivalent of the five human senses + equilibrium (notoriously not so easy to achieve for bipedal humanoids - see the scene of N1 falling from the stairs) + other "senses" that we don't have (the ability to weight things, to "perceive" wi-fi connections and smart objects, to dive into the Web and look for information). His AI is probably based also on online "deep learning" (but not only).

National viewership ratings: 5,2 and 5,9% 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/04/partners-justice-rises-top-time-slot-human-makes-solid-premiere/

4 hours ago, raziela said:

I haven't watched today's episodes yet but I noticed ep 1 and ep 2 were aired today. I liked that KBS were the only one of the main stations that were not splitting their drams in half.  Are KBS going to change that with Are You Human Too?

So far they're only doing this to this drama. Could be because it was so damn expensive (for a non-cable drama) and KBS needs the extra money (with ads).

7 hours ago, raziela said:

@triplem Thanks so much! Hope we can have a pleasant and fun thread (and maybe even sleeper hit!) like Jugglers again:D

That's a pretty good start.  The ratings aren't bad with the way ratings are these days. I guess because Miracle That We Met is completed the other two terrestrial dramas had a nice jump in ratings this week compared to last week.

I haven't watched today's episodes yet but I noticed ep 1 and ep 2 were aired today. I liked that KBS were the only one of the main stations that were not splitting their drams in half.  Are KBS going to change that with Are You Human Too?

Thanks for the warning about TV disruptions.

Only the first episode was aired, actually: it's just that they split it into two 30-mins parts, like they currently tend to do.

2 hours ago, aisling said:

At a press conference the actress playing the mum said she’d be conflicted about her two sons. That means at one point human Shin will wake up and will want to take back his place. I’m really curious how are they going to resolve this.

Anyway, besides the main leads the whole cast is great! Nam Shin’s fiancée quite intrigued me, she didn’t seem like a typical clingy second lead. I really like when she said it was tacky to restrain him. Let’s see how she’ll turn out.

I was pleasantly surprised when we met N's fiancée: she's sassier than I expected and deeply involved in the corporation's dynamics. She doesn't seem to be just another annoyingly whiny second lead with an annoyingly persistent, unreciprocated crush on the protagonist. She WILL probably act that way, too, but she also seems to be sassy and daring in a intriguing way.

By the way... Another thing that caught me completely off-guard was the chairman's delirium... The "evil director" (I don't remember his name) seems to suspect something about it: that's why he thinks that this is the best chance to make his move, get rid of the legitimate heir and take over the company.

Dramafever spells N's mother name as an occidental name, "Aurora" ("dawn", in Italian): 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/5-reasons-why-were-stoked-to-watch-are-you-human-too/

Can't wait to watch this scene:

Hold on! Okay so based on the first episode and highlight trailer, it seems like she's gonna fall for the actual robot :blink:

Cause based on the first episode the real guy is a JERK! Like how do you hit a woman like that?!! Idec that it was in public he shouldn't hit ANY woman period.

So how is this gonna work?? I thought it'd be something like a chaebol who seems like a jerk but is actually a softie but nah mate he's the REAL DEAL :crazy: 

BTW for those who are curious about Seo Kang Joon speaking Czech - he actually did quite well for Asian speaking foreigner. I closed my eyes and just listened to what he was saying and surprisingly I understood everything he said in Czech. When he was speaking as Nam Shin his pronunciation was a bit heavy but when he was speaking Czech as Nam Shin 3 he did really well.

But as usual when white “actors” appear in k-drama some scenes were so cringeworthy. Especially the one with a flirtatious florist, I had to half close my eyes because I cringed so much.

came here after watching the first two eps!! (since each is half an hr so technically it's one episode a whole)
i had doubts about the drama at first, but i was hooked just half an hour in!! i was super shooked when NS slapped SB, that seemed like a really painful one >< 
ROBOT NS IS SUCH AN ANGEL OMG tbh i'd have thought he was just being a weirdo if i came across him at a market. I love his "the rule is to hug you when you cry" gah can we all abide by this rule. pls. 

anyway, i'm guessing NS's grandpa is gonna lose his mind soon?? like dementia?? i think if he does, that's where the whole company politics will start i guess lol. 
ok let's talk about the part where robot NS and human NS meet. I WAS LIKE HOLY MOLY SHEEZU. like i'd freak out if i saw someone with the exact same face as me wtf. and then hey what's a k drama without a BIG WHITE richard simmons TRUCK RAMMING OVER YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN!!! i saw some comments saying that it was prolly a accident but we all know accidents never happen in k drama world. so my guess is that the driver must be the guy who was following NS like what's new lmao. 

but one thing i don't get though, like the director would rather NS die than have him marry his daughter?? i understand he wanna take over the company blah blah blah, but won't the daughter be like sad if NS die or what??? unless the daughter doesn't care about NS but im assuming she does and likes him cause what's not to like huehue. 

anyway, i can't wait for the next ep, especially since we'll finally see robot NS in training to become a rich heir. hehe. oh and bodyguard SB and robot NS interacting huehue!!! 

1 minute ago, triplem said:

That's a really good question. My take as of now is that he himself wants to take over the company. He may have some plans for a takeover or something. I think he is somewhat aware that old man is going through dementia, though they are trying to cover it up. So it will be easier for him to maneuver things without a rightful legal heir.

man if i was his daughter i'd hate him for trying to kill my handsome fiance! im kinda excited to see how robot NS will deal with this guy. hmm! 

13 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

came here after watching the first two eps!! (since each is half an hr so technically it's one episode a whole)
i had doubts about the drama at first, but i was hooked just half an hour in!! i was super shooked when NS slapped SB, that seemed like a really painful one >< 
ROBOT NS IS SUCH AN ANGEL OMG tbh i'd have thought he was just being a weirdo if i came across him at a market. I love his "the rule is to hug you when you cry" gah can we all abide by this rule. pls. 

anyway, i'm guessing NS's grandpa is gonna lose his mind soon?? like dementia?? i think if he does, that's where the whole company politics will start i guess lol. 
ok let's talk about the part where robot NS and human NS meet. I WAS LIKE HOLY MOLY SHEEZU. like i'd freak out if i saw someone with the exact same face as me wtf. and then hey what's a k drama without a BIG WHITE richard simmons TRUCK RAMMING OVER YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN!!! i saw some comments saying that it was prolly a accident but we all know accidents never happen in k drama world. so my guess is that the driver must be the guy who was following NS like what's new lmao. 

but one thing i don't get though, like the director would rather NS die than have him marry his daughter?? i understand he wanna take over the company blah blah blah, but won't the daughter be like sad if NS die or what??? unless the daughter doesn't care about NS but im assuming she does and likes him cause what's not to like huehue. 

anyway, i can't wait for the next ep, especially since we'll finally see robot NS in training to become a rich heir. hehe. oh and bodyguard SB and robot NS interacting huehue!!! 

I'm pretty sure that it was the guy following Namshin to run over him on purpose, and I think that the director doesn't care about his daughter's feelings, provided that he gets the chance to present the new product (after getting rid of the heir) and become the new CEO.

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

At first mum was apprehensive Of YH is . But David says he’s alright. Long story short , she & YH realises that no one must know that NS is in coma. So they decide to send NS 3 in his place 

Now YH does a lot of simulated training to make NS3 behave like NS , these scene are quite hilarious. No kissing , behave like a jerk, dressing , mannerisms . Lol!! Training complete!

Oh you mean the kdrama lead makeover.

6 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Dramafever spells N's mother name as an occidental name, "Aurora" ("dawn", in Italian): 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/5-reasons-why-were-stoked-to-watch-are-you-human-too/

Interesting, on Viu & KBSWorld she's called Laura.

Edit: Just checked DF's subs and she's also called Laura, so the writer of the article made a mistake.

Archived