[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Characters' teasers commented and translated in English: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/21/watch-human-gives-hint-whats-come-thrilling-character-teasers/

Oh Ah Ra (both Namshins' mother):
“You can say whatever you want. I can do worse things for my son. If you make my son cry tears, I’ll make your son cry blood.”

Kang So Bong:
“Passionate bodyguard” Kang So Bong (played by Gong Seung Yeon) is honest about all the ways she’s weaker and lacking compared to Namshin. Despite her inadequacies, she promises to be loyal as she vows, “No matter what happens, I’ll protect you.”

I already love this couple!

Oh Ah Ra is so sweet and fiercely protective, when it comes to her two beloved "sons", and she's also a real badass, with an amazing intelligence to top it off!

I know many of the actors involved in this drama:

So we also have a reporter and... what? A Korean American or something like that ("David")?

The first child actor mentioned in the list had also been casted for While You Where Sleeping, last year. Maybe he'll play the role of you of PK Directors' son? Who knows... 
The when have two other child actors playing the roles of Namshin I and Namshin II (I'll be very sad if the oldest prototypes end up being trashed, but I doubt it, if Oh Ah Ra is attached to them too) and... wait... A "RoboCop"? :blink: LOL! :D

Gong Seung Yeon And Seo Kang Joon Talk About What It Was Like To Work Together

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Seo-Kang-Joon-XPN.jpg

Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yeon talked about their first leading roles in a publicly broadcasted network and what it was like to work with each other.

On May 31, upcoming KBS drama “Are You Human, Too?” held a press conference ahead of their premiere, with the director and cast members such as Seo Kang Joon, Gong Seung Yeon, Lee Joon Hyuk, Park Hwan Hee, Kim Sung Ryung, and Yoo Oh Sung in attendance.

The drama is notably both Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yeon’s first lead roles in a drama broadcasted on a public, terrestrial broadcasting station.

Seo Kang Joon plays the two roles of human Nam Shin, and his robot counterpart Namsin III. On his dual roles, he commented, “I felt quite a lot of pressure because so many people have put their efforts into [creating] the drama. I was worried about whether I’d be able to do well.” He explained that whenever he felt this way, he would focus on being faithful to the acting itself.

He also talked about how Gong Seung Yeon had helped him a lot. Seo Kang Joon shared, “We’re the same age, so I felt comfortable. Since I’m playing two roles, there were times when I got things mixed up. She helped me feel the differences in acting between the roles. The other actors were a great source of strength as well.”

Gong Seung Yeon also shared her thoughts as she stated, “I thought I was being given more than I deserved. So I took it on with a continuously grateful heart.” On her co-star Seo Kang Joon, she commented, “It was the first time acting with someone my age. He’s got a lot of great energy.”

“Are You Human, Too?” will air its first episode on June 4.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/31/gong-seung-yeon-seo-kang-joon-talk-like-work-together/

Seo Kang-joon, Gong Seung-yeon to ask ‘Are You Human?’

A good-looking artificial intelligence robot is to debut on the small screen in Korea, asking what it really means to be a human. 

KBS2’s new drama series “Are You Human?” takes a step into the future, featuring an AI robot as a main character. The robot -- who looks like a human -- thinks and feels emotions like a human. 

Actor Seo Kang-joon will play two characters in the series: a young and rich troublemaker and an identical-looking AI robot. The robot is a stand-in for a comatose man and falls in love with actress Gong Seung-yeon’s character, the man’s bodyguard. 

Gong Seung-yeon (left) and Seo Kang-joon pose for photos at a media event held Thursday at Times Square mall in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul. (Herald DB)
“During the production, I came to understand the robot, its worries and desires. Perhaps, the robot was the most humane character among all the real human characters,” director Cha Young-hoon said at a press event held Thursday in western Seoul. 

He added, “By the end of shooting, I even had to ask myself, ‘How can we really tell a robot and a human apart? And what should I think if a robot really has feelings like us and loves a human?” 

In the Monday-Tuesday series, the robot character is warmhearted and caring. Seo even said it is “as innocent as a newborn baby.” But the human character is cold and ignorant, with scars from the past. 

“Many actors, including myself, dream of playing two different characters in one production. But I learned that it is a very confusing and difficult job,” Seo said. “In the series, sometimes the robot has to act like the human, the human has to act like the robot. They have to be different but also similar.”

Seo revealed he received a lot of help from his partner Gong. When he was confused with playing the robot and the human, Gong helped him differentiate the two, building the characters with him. 

“I first wondered if I would really be able to love a robot. But as I shot the series, I came to believe in the possibility. It is realistic. I think I could love a robot,” Gong said. 

It has been a while since the production was planned. The director met the scriptwriter in October 2016 and decided to work on the project. The pre-produced series was supposed to air in January, but was delayed due to additional technical works. 

“The series has computer graphic works like that of a film. Also, being a large-scale production, it took almost a year to film the series,” the director said. Viewers will also be able to enjoy the scenery of the Czech Republic, where the drama was shot. 
The 18-part series will air its first episode on Monday at 10 p.m. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com) 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201805311645442741879_2

Please count me in to watch this drama !

Am seo kang joon fan since his “cheese in the trap” days !

Actress kim sung ryung is an artist who cant be replaced ! Love her since Her “The Hiers”days. 

And last but not the least among the actors ; am looking forward to lee jun hyuk ; still didnt recover from the trauma of him (his character) being killed in city hunter ! 

Moreover waiting for this drama was more like waiting for Halley’s star ! Am super excited and Am sure it won’t disappoint me !

The scenes in this drama are so realistic and i wish this drama would be a lit ! 

And the highlight teaser itself gave me goosebumps !

( if u wish i can translate it a bit but my English isnt good enough )

mmm dear friends, sisters and brothers suggest a name for us ( are you human too drama fans ) !

let us make a name for us !

Ps :

Pangavayo Ingan juneun Robotsh Nam shin 3 ! :) ( Its nice to meet you humanoid robot Nam shin 3 ) 

Congratulation Gong Seung Yeon & Seo Kang Joon !!!

Hope this drama success in Korea & international.

Too bad i can't join a campaign to watch this drama in Dramafever, i will cheer from my desktop here .. haha :tongue:

For international fans, hope we can give  a good rating by watch this drama in DramaFever, unluckily for who stay in Malaysia.

Anyway, hope this drama will makes uri main lead success and shine day by day.

Loves Hazel Couple !!! 

p/s: for GongLee & GSY fans, keeps our love for uri Seung Yeon. Yeahhh !!

Archived