Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

LMFAo at "manly parts" @aisling ya got a dirty mind! And why is it weird for the mom to build a robot in her son's likeness? It's just me but I thought it was bittersweet.... She obviously misses him. A mother's love is boundless -sigh-

@tella72

I'm reminded of Pinocchio the puppet who wants to be a real boy while watching this. 

• Like 5

Dude is a piece of crap he slapped her like really hard thats why he got a ticket to the truck of doom like real quick.

But man  she can control NS3 whenever she want with tears to get free hugs anytime anywhere she want.

I am sure the ladies here would love that ahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

32 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Dude is a piece of crap he slapped her like really hard thats why he got a ticket to the truck of doom like real quick.

But man  she can control NS3 whenever she want with tears to get free hugs anything anywhere she want.

I ma sure the ladies here would love that ahaha

Want your male POV here. How do you find the ladies in this drama so far ? 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, triplem said:

From what I seen I like the lead she is strong an I like her personality.

About the mom I wonder did she need alot of hugs she was not getting from her crappy son?

That was an odd feature to build in unless she needed it :(

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

From what I seen I like the lead she is strong an I like her personality.

About the mom I wonder did she need alot of hugs she was not getting from her crappy son?

That was an odd feature to build in unless she needed it :(

With regards to mum, her Son was taken away from her at such a young age, it’s natural she’d miss hugging him . It’s a very normal form of showing affection btwn mum & child 

• Like 10

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

After watching the first episode, I have to say that the title really fits to the story: Are you human too?

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

LMFAo at "manly parts" @aisling ya got a dirty mind! And why is it weird for the mom to build a robot in her son's likeness? It's just me but I thought it was bittersweet.... She obviously misses him. A mother's love is boundless -sigh-

@tella72

I'm reminded of Pinocchio the puppet who wants to be a real boy while watching this. 

:grimace:Ops ... pardon me. I only managed to finished the 1st 2 ep.s- this reminds me of a movie Artificial Intelligence by Steven Speilberg.

It is really similar:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rogerebert.com/reviews/amp/great-movie-ai-artificial-intelligence-2001

Spoiler

Note : David is the robot boy created by his family.

Edit. The first act of the film involves Henry and Monica Swinton (Sam Robards and Frances O'Connor). Henry brings David home to fill the gap left by their own sick little boy, Martin (Jake Thomas). 

David has been programmed to love. Once he is activated with a code, he fixes on the activator, in this case his Mommy (Frances O'Connor). He exists to love her and be loved by her. Because he is a very sophisticated android indeed, there's a natural tendency for us to believe him on that level. In fact he does not love and does not feel love; he simply reflects his coding. 

Mmmm... maybe maybe robot Namshin3 will develop a strong desire to be a human inorder to love and be loved by the female lead and his 'mother'. The more we get to see how he has to imitate the real son, it appears to get the viewers to question "are u human too?"

(Ah..   uh oh do i sound confusing? *dum~~* )

Oh by the way, i am baffled why only the 2 of them gets to wear the same white hoodie? I didnt catch the logic.. poke @triplem any idea??:wacko:

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

@supergal99 The hoodie thing will be shown & explained in eps 3. 

Ooh oh... ok noted.. wawawaa... need to catch it then. "Kamsa-eh-yoo."

Alright, am back after watching ep 3!!!!! I was squealing the entire time because ROBOT NS IS TOO CUTE OMG!!!

first off robot NS's training - LIKE OMG HE'S SO CUTE AT FIRST BUT THEN ALL OF SUDDEN HE BECAME THIS HOT ROBOT LIKE ASDFGHJK-
I love his little smirks and the way he kept shaking off the fiancee's arm LMAO

and omg his BIG ENTRANCE TO THE PRESENTATION LIKE OH YEAH 
love the director's face when he realized NS's alive rather than dead i was like OH YEAH IN YOUR FACE OLD MAN!

tbh I dislike the grandpa for doing what he did years go to NS and his mom, but tbh if you ask me Team grandpa or Team Mr Seo, it's team grandpa for me. I mean after all, he'd rather his grandson take over the company rather than greedy Mr Seo right??

now onto our bodyguard heroine.. i love her quirky character, like she's so feisty and not girly at all which I love!! and let's just talk about the "the rule is to hug you when you cry" scene LIKE OMG i have a feeling this rule is gonna appear often huehue
AND OMG DISASTER MODE THO????? LIKE WOW the way he saved people reminds me of superman huehue, i think his mom made him like a half robot half superhero when adding disaster mode!! 
ok i'm done with my feels and can't wait for the next ep??? like I can tell the ball of romance is rolling soon between our robot and his bodyguard huehue 

• Like 7

Brilliant female scientist using her skills to solve problems. I like it. Who’s the ajusshi with her I wonder...obviously love interest but also another scientist practicing in Czech? 

Love how the items in the simulated scenes for NS3’s practice became real items then vanished. Heh. Must be magic. 

Am also liking the spunk in the female lead and the stoic expressions on the male. Am happy to let their collective pretty fill the screen.

they have all the key characters introduced rather fluidly and I have a guess of the storyline in my head but am looking fwd to what comes next!

@lebritneeey

Agree, disaster mode is pretty cool.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add
  • Like 8

Hello, coming out of hiding..just finished ep 3 and 4. I’m really enjoying this show, SKJ is doing a phenomal job differentiating between the roles. He is getting a lot of flack online for the slapping scene though. It made me super uncomfortable/borderline scared too..also I think he really did slap Seung Yeon hard :’( 

Even if she said it was okay I feel like like they could’ve used something (anything!!) else besides violence. I know human NS is not a jerk at heart (hopefully) but the way he goes about to get what he wants is really horrible ... was the script written by a man? because what woman would write that scene :| I hope human NS gets a chance to redeem himself. Kim Sung Ryoung (the mom) is amazing..I feel for her every time she has tears in her eyes. 

I am looking forward to the next episodes but please show, no more questionable scenes... don’t disappoint us :cry:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

While I understand the need for the slapping scene because that sets the story , maybe the writer could have come up with other means to create a tension/ conflict between the OTP.  However, there's a need to differentiate the fact that it is not Seo Kang Joon's fault and he should not be getting flak for it. He is doing his job.It's like when a you have scenes of murder or rape, you can blame the character of the show but not the actor. What people should be discussing instead is that human Nam Shin has wronged So Bang because he has used her here - not just slapped her but pretty much used her as part of his escape plan without her consent. So now when human Nam Shin wakes up, will she be able to forgive him or not.The one who saved her is NS3 , so it isn't human NS that is the hero.

• Like 9

Waoh!

Splendid!

All characters are awesome.

It looks more international but with little bit of the Korean culture to garnish it. 

This guy is so good. Even as a novices in this drama u will notice that the two characters are different.

I'm hoping for explosive ratings for them cos it will be worth it.

17 hours ago, triplem said:

I like these observations. I think that is exactly the message of the drama. It seems the robot or AI is even more humane than the human beings.

This bring me to another thought. What is it that makes us humans? Although NS3 displays great human emotions & capabilities, does that make him human? He may have human qualities but he is merely a coded programme. His presence is pretty much virtual and how valid or real are his emotions? So we have an interesting contrast : A robot that seems to have a lot of compassion and empathy for those around him , something we'd expect of actual homosapiens.  Then you have actual humans who seem to have very little regard for their own kind. So who is more human here?  This drama does raise some interesting questions

What makes us human is the selfishness in our coding. That is,who we are. Human beings are naturally selfish.

Oops!  

This hits hard even as I type this.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

While I understand the need for the slapping scene because that sets the story , maybe the writer could have come up with other means to create a tension/ conflict between the OTP.  However, there's a need to differentiate the fact that it is not Seo Kang Joon's fault and he should not be getting flak for it. He is doing his job.It's like when a you have scenes of murder or rape, you can blame the character of the show but not the actor. What people should be discussing instead is that human Nam Shin has wronged So Bang because he has used her here - not just slapped her but pretty much used her as part of his escape plan without her consent. So now when human Nam Shin wakes up, will she be able to forgive him or not.The one who saved her is NS3 , so it isn't human NS that is the hero.

Sorry I was being unclear, but from what I can see, people are having more issue with the fact that SKJ actually slapped GSY rather than the scene itself. But yeah, I agree with your points. 

Whether he was directed to do so or chose to do it, It’s just sad to see so many people turn away from him which could have been avoided by using a different conflict entirely or pretending to slap her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, triplem said:

@triplem

Let me give mine. Just done watching it. I just don't get it why she keep making a fuss of it. I know she was fraud by namshin and that slap is too much and so bad. She got blacklist. NS planned to create a commotion to run away. I know he did it to make it impactful. But that is too much. 

Okay, back to the girl character. I know she was treated badly unfair. But that doesn't change the fact that her mistake is gone. She is wrong for taking the bribe to spy on him and steal his pictures while her job is protecting him. Before she takes the job, she knows what is the risk. Like when she comes to the office with the banner demands NS to repent is really ridiculous. Well, he is wrong and so she is. From here, I just don't like how the writer create the events for these two to meet like this.

I can tell that it's going to be, She has a reason and a doubt and will blame it to the wrong NM. Then as they start to get closer to each other, she'll fall for him, unfortunately, the robot which she thought as him. And this seems like going to be Absolute boyfriend 2.0. Is this melodrama??? I don't feel right with this plot. 

Spoiler

Everytime I see LJH here, can't help not to see him as Ye ssaem. Lol. His look is like that secret forest lawyer but he sounds so calm and mild like Dr. Ye. 

The scene where mom separated from little NS and when she found him dying after so many years. Who's cutting union here, Sobs... So saddd. Each year she follows his development by keep making the robot upgraded like human growth. 

• Like 5

Just now, butterflyeffect said:

Sorry I was being unclear, but from what I can see, people are having more issue with the fact that SKJ actually slapped GSY rather than the scene itself. But yeah, I agree with your points. 

Whether he was directed to do so or chose to do it, It’s just sad to see so many people turn away from him which could have been avoided by using a different conflict entirely or pretending to slap her.

Oh not to worry. I am surprised why people react that way. He has to make it real. It's like those forced kiss scenes etc. It has to be done wholeheartedly or it won't seem real. Those people are being unfair towards SKJ.

yay @stargazer187 you are here. My fangirl feels come out every time LJH appears on screen. I like his character too. IKR - he is dressed like his SF character but I can still feel Dr Ye charms :lol:. I like the bromance...esp when NS3 said it is nice to see YH smile...lol! The real robot is teasing the the advice robot, kkkkkkk

About the romance, honestly right now I can't  buy it very much. But it will be interesting to see how they will reconcile her feelings for NS3 and human Nam Shin later on. 

@darr Glad that you picked this up. Agree with what you said about the selfishness being part of our coding.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Seriously! You can stare all you want once you're not on fire anymore. (But then it wouldn't be a kdrama, would it? Lol.)

The play on words in his name is fun (as said above, Nam Shin = male god).

This show is really awesome so far!

I agree: the first two eps totally lived up to my (very high) expectations.

Sobong must be shocked and in trance, after seeing him lift that enormous weight to save her, not even caring about the raging fire burning his back. I'd be very confused and in awe like she is, trying to compute what she's just seen. Anyway, part of the scene is shot in slow motion (the first part and the part where the camera moves to show his burnt back), so they don't actually spend THAT long staring at each other, in real time.

I've noticed a small mistake made by the special effects team: during the party, at times they spelled "PK Motors" wrong on the screens. You can notice the same thing in the preview: for a couple of seconds on the skyscraper's facade you can read "PK Goup" instead of PK Group. :tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Okay, back to the girl character. I know she was treated badly unfair. But that doesn't change the fact that her mistake is gone. She is wrong for taking the bribe to spy on him and steal his pictures while her job is protecting him. Before she takes the job, she knows what is the risk. Like when she comes to the office with the banner demands NS to repent is really ridiculous. Well, he is wrong and so she is. From here, I just don't like how the writer create the events for these two to meet like this.

I can tell that it's going to be, She has a reason and a doubt and will blame it to the wrong NM. Then as they start to get closer to each other, she'll fall for him, unfortunately, the robot which she thought as him. And this seems like going to be Absolute boyfriend 2.0. Is this melodrama??? I don't feel right with this plot. 

Reveal hidden contents

Everytime I see LJH here, can't help not to see him as Ye ssaem. Lol. His look is like that secret forest lawyer but he sounds so calm and mild like Dr. Ye. 

The scene where mom separated from little NS and when she found him dying after so many years. Who's cutting union here, Sobs... So saddd. Each year she follows his development by keep making the robot upgraded like human growth. 

it is obvious that the girl will fall in love with the robot. I'm not too fan of that kind of thing, what are the writers going to do? they will create a love triangle with NS human when he wakes up?:D:ph34r:
in any case it seems that he will eventually wake up, I wonder where the story goes.
NS human what I could see seemed arrogant at first, but it does not seem to me mean, it shows that he loves his mother.
Ok NS robot seems more human again.
I want more action

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh not to worry. I am surprised why people react that way. He has to make it real. It's like those forced kiss scenes etc. It has to be done wholeheartedly or it won't seem real. Those people are being unfair towards SKJ.

yay @stargazer187 you are here. My fangirl feels come out every time LJH appears on screen. I like his character too. IKR - he is dressed like his SF character but I can still feel Dr Ye charms :lol:. I like the bromance...esp when NS3 said it is nice to see YH smile...lol! The real robot is teasing the the advice robot, kkkkkk

About the romance, honestly right now I can't  buy it very much. But it will be interesting to see how they will reconcile her feelings for NS3 and human Nam Shin later on. 

Same here... hahaha. should I thank the writer for this, for writing him as protagonist character here. 

Oh yes for the bromance! I love how he notice that he can smile. It seems like he feels more comfortable around him, since he's not the NS he knows. 

I hate that fake FIL/Seo team leader. He plot to get rid of NS just like how he did to his dad. I am glad that this time, he'll have a great opponent to defeat. Hahahaha

Agreed. I feel that way too for the romance part. But I can't help to be sad if she knows he is robot. I mean... back to my early question, how can a robot be a human? No matter how i try to believe that the technology sophisticatedly advanced here, how will the writer make a happy ending for this two. If then they make it she will end up with the human NS. It becomes even sadder too. 

But well, let's see for next episodes. I think I will continue this.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

@triplem

Let me give mine. Just done watching it. I just don't get it why she keep making a fuss of it. I know she was fraud by namshin and that slap is too much and so bad. She got blacklist. NS planned to create a commotion to run away. I know he did it to make it impactful. But that is too much. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sure if he wasn't the one that set everything up from the beginning, he slap her because he wanted too .

Its not like he felt bad after either,atleast she  knew she did wrong.

• Like 3