Add and Subtract Game

Admin

24 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Bhel looks more like Chow Mien

the prep method is quite interesting, instead of using the sheng mian, its maggi being cooked first then fried..

25 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

3 public holidays declared in less than 14 days

doubling up my jealousy, our polling day is always on sat and not declared as a public holiday..

Twitching GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 2

@sadthe1st Oh well the bosses are complaining having to pay 2-3x wages to workers for public holidays...So it makes sense to not to...But if anyone who wants more holidays in a year, please come to Malaysia to work...

Craving for Glass Noodle with Prawns...From my favourite shop in Bukit Tinggi, Pahang,美味小食館 Restoran Meei Wei ... @Thong Thin Have you tried this dish before in KV?

8457923_nIUqA6A8O7oqpjKC6TlhDkqlyUKufHNw

CTO

Any fans of LOTR here? This is so cool!

CTO

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@LeftCoastOppa Am I too late to wish Happy Thanksgiving? Bhel looks more like Chow Mien...Dont you think

Never too late Chingu, thank you! ... and yes, at first I thought it was too :lol:

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i'm quite surprised that you.. @LeftCoastOppa chingu, actually loves a meatless dish!!

Oh but when it tastes this good how can you not love it! :wub:

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i guess @partyon has trained you well in the hell military camp!

:joy: Don't get Noona started ...

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@Ameera Ali chingu, i hope you return with a huge sack of good quality looking and hot bods oppas after the hiatus..!!

Don’t worry friend , we are never short of abs in kdrama , is the only thing production team can provide to fill bad writing plot and story line :tounge_wink:

that only 10 minutes my twin spend in episode abs after all is for Sucker   :sweat_smile:
74-CDAE62-BA41-4-BF4-91-E7-4-AAE231-C007

3-B153-E19-0-B7-F-46-DA-90-C8-22946-A159

@LeftCoastOppa , @MayanEcho,  @gm4queen thanks for your welcoming :Pandabulous:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

But if anyone who wants more holidays in a year, please come to Malaysia to work...

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

how many total public holidays you have this year?

we are 11 days EVERY YEAR lol

miserable.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Oh but when it tastes this good how can you not love it!

i'm eating fried banana fritters for teabreak.. with lots of crumbs too!!

Goreng_Pisang_Web.jpg

cr.: owner

16 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

we are never short of abs in kdrama

not any kind of abs..

the oppa has to be good looking too..

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

@sadthe1st You really made me count! 28 this year for National Hols alone! Coz it really depends if those national hols fall on Sun, then we have replacement on Mon. So ya...Work in Selangor better...I'm not sure about Johor...Next year we have 23, lesser coz we had additional 3 for the recent elections this year. But still double of what you have there! I've heard of some Sporeans come over to work. For the better quality of life here. You can leave sharp 6pm LOL...

https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/malaysia/selangor/2022

Friday Holiday GIF by changeangel

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I have a bone to pick with some of you.  Specifically any of you that know what Bhel is and never shared here ... 

Er, the bhel I know is bhel puri which hubs once in a while buys. There are plenty of Indian restaurants here, and breakfast earlier was dosha he picked up after work.

This is the bhel puri I'm familiar of. Not familiar with Chinese puri, but I'll keep it in mind now to check it out next time I go to a Chinese restaurant.

bhel-puri.jpg

ctto

Also this, which can be purchased in most supermarkets here. It often comes with sauce packets inside to mix with the snack.

91Q4kabHlJL.jpg

ctto

Late breakfast today. :)

Id_Fresh_Masala_Dosa_Recipe_With_Sambar_

ctto

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

But still double of what you have there!

frown GIF

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Late breakfast today.

i like the plain thosai.. and idly!

idli-sambar-chutney4-1024x1024.jpg

cr.: owner

okay its 5+ time to pack up and head home.. i need to start on Reborn Rich.. lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@joccu That’s a really nice way to remember your beloved cousin. May he RIP. 

@LeftCoastOppa Too funny you’re in the black hole of that height chart. I shared the chart with hubby, who falls in the optimal range. He’s asked if there’s a Women’s Height chart (so he can make fun of me; I’m on the shorter side). 

The only decent one I found was this:

4c59fc98fe8959319f1c0c441a9e7f84--tall-g

ctto

:lol:

Happy Friday, everyone.

• LOL 8
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

kekeke... @LeftCoastOppa ~ am not sure if you will find bhel in a restaurant because it is not a restaurant type dish and more of street food.  however, it might be a different scene in the US though.

here, in some stalls, it is not called bhel but simply sold as chaat though the word chaat actually encompasses a whole range of dishes and textures. generally speaking, bhel is specifically a mix of crispy stuff with some dressing on top. 

@sadthe1st - chaat (think hawker centre type snack) is specific to tea time. you know how british have the english tea and they eat sandwiches and other little dishes/snacks, chaat is similar in concept. it is sort of like appetizer and has a tangy, sweet sour type taste combos. so these stalls will sell from afternoon to early evening. within the restaurant scene, we generally find chaat items only within those sell tiffin items -- so stuff like dosa, idli, bajji, vada -- basically anytime small meals (tiffin). however, even in tiffin type restaurants, chaat is only sold in the afternoon to evening. 

@LeftCoastOppa ~ kind of long description note but there are different types of bhel -- 

the most basic is made out of something called sev / omapodi / chivda -- it is basically made of gram flour (a type of lentils) mixed in with rice flour. much of our snacks has rice flour or gram flour mix. you can buy this readymade as snack

Spoiler

omapodi-recipe-2.jpg

1643703126-8907003500174.jpg

there is also something simliar to sev which is called bhujia -- it is a mixture of gram flour, potato and some other ingredients. so simliar crunch but a little different in taste. 

Spoiler

aloo-bhujia-namkeen-500x500.jpg  

you can also make bhel with something called boondi -- this is also made of gram flour and some other stuff. instead of long horizontal strips, it is round balls. 

Spoiler

boondi bhel

boondi-chaat-bundi-bhel-popular-roadside

sometimes they will add it to yoghurt as part of raita (a yoghurt dip that you can have either with rice or any type of flat bread. it is basically a type of palate cleanser and to smooth out the spicy food you ate)

boondi-raita-is-north-indian-side-dish-v

boondi_front.jpg 

in some cases, bhel does not use sev/om podi but instead will have poha / aval which is rice flakes. you can use puffed rice as well for bhel. 

Spoiler

this is what plain aval / poha look like. the rice flakes tastes like a crispy version of rice. 

buy-white-thick-aval-poha-flakes-600x600   

this is what is called puffied rice. again simliar taste to poha

41tcTWATkPL.jpg  

puffed rice bhel often sold as 'bhelpuri'

Puffed_Rice_Upma__Murmura_Upma_400.jpg 

poha bhel

Poha-Bhel-2-1-1200x1800.jpg 

there is also what we call 'mixture' which is a mix of different types of fried items (such as sev, poha, nuts, raisins etc) and you can buy this snack from different brands. we usually munch this during our afternoon coffee/tea. there are many different types of mixtures and they have different flavours. no need to add any extra flavourings. just buy and eat them! 

Spoiler

81NC1oUuX-L._SL1500_.jpg 

this is one of my favourites -- fried potato, mixed nuts and raisins

1519218660-Haldiram's%20Nagpur%20-%20Pan 

another fav though you have to finish it fast or it will get soggy quickly. cornflakes mixture

1-1.jpg 

madras mixture -- has more of a spicy taste. 

8__87800.1643559044.jpg?c=2 

@LeftCoastOppa -- generally bhel is a mixture of all sorts of crispy stuff. if you cannot find bhel in a restaurant, here's what I would recommend -- we can easily make this home by simply buying one of these snack packets. what I do at home is buy sev + puffed rice / aval + boondi. if you can't find those, just buy a mixture packet which pretty much has all these ingredients in different ratios. then you can add in tomatoes, boiled potatoes, grated carrots, onions, maybe some yoghurt. if you have, then add some tamarind sauce or mint sauce or a dash of both. if not, just add any other spices and squeeze in lemon. and voila, crunchy snack / appetizer ready to eat. if you are not a fan of yoghurt, then only add in tomatoes and onions along with with a mix of sev + boondi and then whatever sauces you like.

basically we add whatever we want to make it sweet, tangy, sour and crunchy. hahahaha.. :D 

there is also something called 'chinese bhel' -- which is made from noodles. so they basically fry boiled noodles, add veggies and then sauces. maybe that is what you had. here are the recipies and what it looks like -- pretty easy stuff. 

https://www.tarladalal.com/crispy-fried-noodles-chinese-fried-noodles-4185r 

https://www.tarladalal.com/chinese-bhel--chinese-recipe--22758r 

hope that helps! I will post more chaat and snack type pics later through this week for you to get ideas. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@Lmangla chingu, i recognise those!! hahahaha if they are available in ready packs.. its all collectively called murukku here with a wide selection!!

Dance Party GIF by Minions

i like boondi bhel, although sometimes they are a tat spicy and i will cry eating it down the wrong side of my throat.. its addictive!

is poha bhel made with yoghurt? i tried some from my colleagues in office after diwali celebration

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkLAIg5SwfM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

^ here’s a mix of the ones i had on my IG

@LeftCoastOppa made it sound like some daily baked artisan snacks thats only available in restaurants lolol

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

14 hours ago, partyon said:

Sweet Lord the kdrama Love Is For Suckers is baaaaaadddd..... It's not Eccentric Chef Moon level @larus, but it ain't far from it.

Seriously? Then I won`t bother to watch. From the pictures, it looked like the leads have a good chemistry but I guess the plot is bad. :( Curently I am not watching any kdrama but I have to pick one drama. I am thinking of Queen`s Umbrella, First Responders or Shadow Detective for the moment.

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

@Lmangla chingu, i recognise those!! hahahaha if they are available in ready packs.. its all collectively called murukku here with a wide selection!!

i like boondi bhel, although sometimes they are a tat spicy and i will cry eating it down the wrong side of my throat.. its addictive!

is poha bhel made with yoghurt? i tried some from my colleagues in office after diwali celebration

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkLAIg5SwfM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

^ here’s a mix of the ones i had on my IG

@LeftCoastOppa made it sound like some daily baked artisan snacks thats only available in restaurants lolol

+2

kekeke...to be fair to @LeftCoastOppa, other places like the US don't have concepts like tiffin and tea. so it would be easy to assume that you can get them in restaurant. :D so to explain, we have breakfast, lunch and dinner -- your regular full meals. then you have small meals/snacks times. the midday (around 10-11AM) is what we call tiffin. you can get a variety of fried snacks as well as small meals (such as breakfast items) that you can eat along with your cup of coffee/tea. then we have tea time (3-5 PM) where we also have some snacks along with coffee/tea. both these food genre (is that the right word?) are not something you would find in big restaurants because they only serve lunch and dinner. some of these fried snacks can easily be bought readymade at any department store or sweet shops or bakeries while others have to be made in a stall or those small tiffin type restaurants (and these are open through the day and they serve only small meals and breakfast items). 

@sadthe1st -- I make poha bhel with yoghurt because thats how we like it at home but it all depends on the stall. some will not sell it that way. 

as for muruku, here it refers to a specific type of snack that is made out rice flour though it might look different in width and teeth depending on the press they use to squeeze out the flour ringlets before frying. 

Spoiler

murukku-recipe-1a.jpg 

A_Traditional_Tamil_Snack_Murukku.jpg 

maxresdefault.jpg  

Optimized-20201031_203812-removebg-previ 

to be fair, a good chunk of south indian snacks are all made out of rice flour as the base and so I can see why they just label the aisle 'muruku'. :lol: you can also have muruku made out of ragi or millet flour but am not a fan of those. give me rice anyday! hahahahah... :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

I hadn’t seen this yet but it made me laugh so hard today. Because in my experience, looking around my parents’ and grandparents’ generation, it’s kinda true. :lol:

eaf79563e47aef9ed493365e82904276--asian-

ctto

The only thing is that most older women I know are actually quite slim. But the favored hairstyle…

rich brian spot on GIF by Spotify

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

this is one of my favourites -- fried potato, mixed nuts and raisins

Ooh, that one looks simple and delicious. :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Thirsty 1

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

to be fair, a good chunk of south indian snacks are all made out of rice flour as the base and so I can see why they just label the aisle 'muruku'. :lol:

hahaha definitely murukku (oops, ok muruku!) and just like how we term all crackers as keropok for those airy crunch snacks regardless its vegetable crackers, fish crackers or prawn crackers lol (google image  “keropok”)

now i need snacks for breakfast

Oh No Eating GIF by Declan McKenna

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Because in my experience, looking around my parents’ and grandparents’ generation, it’s kinda true

most asian women actually lose their slim figure after giving birth.. unless they really make an effort to focus on getting their figure right back during confinement

K-Pop Itzy GIF by VON GRAMBUSCH

• Like 1
  • LOL 7