Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Thong Thin I knew it! Kiam Chai Boey is your fav! The prices in Bukit Tinggi weren't as high as in Klang Valley...Though like you said it is a touristy spot with many tourists from Spore as well...But that was during my last visit in 2018 and by now, I am very sure they will be price increase...I usually buy lots of fresh veg from there including the famous Bentong taufu pok, ginger, passion fruit, etc...Cheringin hotel is a nice place right at the top of the hill...

Craving for Bangkok Lane Mee Goreng in USJ2...Really no luck each time go there close...Never got to eat...

photo6296541662641498502-300x146.jpg

CTO

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Have you tried this muruku sandwich btw?

oooh, never tried this and didn't know it existed. looks like fun. :D 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I was so excited when I first came here as chaats are supposed to be good here in north India. But I was actually very disappointed when I tried pani puri here

seriously? am surprised. thought you will get great chaat there. maybe it isn't the spices we are used to?

5 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

@Lmangla pav bhaji looks so good. :P Do they ever serve gluten-free bread as well

hahahha... there is no choice in bread. you don't get choice to get it non-buttered either. LOL. maybe abroad they give such choices but here, you don't get to really customize the menu. the culture is more that you order the dish as it is. if you don't like it, then order something else. :lol::lol:

I remember my first time ordering coffee abroad years ago and being totally confused by the questions --

coffee place: what milk do you want?

me: huh? yes, I want milk. 

coffee place: what type of milk? 2%?...

me: 2%?? what is that?

coffee place: 2% milk

me: there is a milk called 2%?

coffee place: no, it is 2% cream

me confused and looking at my mum and then it dawns on mum that it is the watery milk. :lol: we both shake our heads. 

mom: no, we want regular milk

coffee place: full cream, half-cream......

on and on it went. choosing the type of coffee, caffeenated or not, then the size of the cup...

in the end, I was wondering how on earth ordering coffee was so complicated. :joy:

here, you go to local coffee joint, the only question you get asked is "sugar or no sugar?" :lol::lol:  no questions on milk or size or anything like that. it is a standard cup and it is often their own blend.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnKEPWp0B4d4Lh9IKiDvj 

even in dedicated / fancy coffee shops where you have choice of flavours, you still order the coffee as per the menu. 

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

remember my first time ordering coffee abroad years ago and being totally confused by the questions --

coffee place: what milk do you want?

me: huh? yes, I want milk. 

coffee place: what type of milk? 2%?...

me: 2%?? what is that?

coffee place: 2% milk

me: there is a milk called 2%?

coffee place: no, it is 2% cream

me confused and looking at my mum and then it dawns on mum that it is the watery milk. :lol: we both shake our heads. 

mom: no, we want regular milk

coffee place: full cream, half-cream......

on and on it went. choosing the type of coffee, caffeenated or not, then the size of the cup...

in the end, I was wondering how on earth ordering coffee was so complicated. :joy:

Haha yup. There are so many choices in the Western world to accommodate different tastes, allergies, and preferences. It gets a bit overwhelming for customer and server. :lol: Have you seen You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

hahahha... there is no choice in bread. you don't get choice to get it non-buttered either. LOL. maybe abroad they give such choices but here, you don't get to really customize the menu. the culture is more that you order the dish as it is. if you don't like it, then order something else. :lol::lol:

Yeah, I've had to learn that since going GF several years ago. Usually I don't mind ordering something else (I get hives if I have gluten so I have to stay away) but sometimes the dish just looks so good. :P

1 hour ago, joccu said:

@the_sweetroad after seeing two of Belgium games. I can say that they are lucky if they can go further than round 1.  

Not looking good for them :(. Canada and Croatia now is getting to be a good game. And I'm really interested in seeing what happens with Spain vs Germany tonight.

@nohamahamoud2002 How are you doing? Thinking of you today. :heart:

@partyon Hope you're enjoying yourself, whatever continent you're on this weekend!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Have you seen You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks?

yea, it is a nice breezy watch. I have also watched the original "the shop around the corner" and that is good as well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

56 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I have also watched the original "the shop around the corner" and that is good as well. 

Oh yes! I liked that one, too. :wub:

Just read today that Tom Hanks will play Otto in “A Man Called Otto”, a remake of Sweden’s “A Man Called Ove.” I loved the book and the movie so hopefully the US remake is decent. 

Also - what is this?!!! :blink: :lol:

Tom Hanks Tickle GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@sadthe1stThink must chow down the muruku sandwich as fast as you can otherwise the muruku wont be crispy anymore...I'll still prefer to eat it on its own...

That is true, you have to eat it quick otherwise it will get soggy. But I like it that way also. I don't know how many have this habit, but I used to soak murukku in coffee and eat it like a snack. I know it's a weird combination, but it tastes so delicious after  soaking up all that coffee flavour. Gahhh

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3