Add and Subtract Game

Admin

okay, I need to dump by feelings about this turkish dizi I finally caught up on. so here goes. the fangirls who are mostly on twitter are really nuts. :lol: they are all swooning over the actor and how he cries and not even bothered about the character -- which is actually negative. it just makes me laugh.

on the flip side, we have viewers on youtube commenting like this -- "You can't see a man with mistakes, whose character is not good just because there is an actor you love"; it is hilarious how wide the views between the fangirls and the viewers are. :lol: those who are not attached to the actor's pretty face can't stand his character. in contrast, fangirls are like "he is so intense.... so amazing....asiye (female lead) should get back with him..... I love this toxic love story" -- am like what, what, what? :lol::lol:

so here is the story -- 

EDIT: it is the same dizi I have mentioned earlier but in case you missed my previous posts, here goes! 

Spoiler

he abandoned his wife and children because he was sick of being poor. he amazingly justifies it saying he was young and stupid. not sure how that is an excuse but okay. he hooks up with this rich chick for a year but is guilt ridden. again, are we supposed to feel sorry for him that his guilt was eating him up?? ummm, okay then. when he finally decides that he is not interested in rich chick and wants to go back to his wife, he finds out that he has knocked up his girlfriend and she is pleading with him not to break up. she even tries to kill herself at thought of being pregnant and alone. so her mother pleads with him to stay even after he tells her that he is already married and has two children. rich chick ofcourse has no idea but he does stay and lives the rich life with zero contact with his ex and kids. again, why are we supposed to feel sorry for his pain that he got cornered into facing the consequences of his choices? :lol:... this character is really nuts. he has zero game plan.

he keeps telling the ex-wife that he is still in love with her and she is like "okay you moron. so what about your current wife and child? (eye roll)?" he is like a teenager having a meltdown. what I like is that the female lead is really sensible. she once loved this man like crazy and there are times when she is overwhelmed by her memories of what they had and some of those old feelings. however, she does not forget the reality and is very clearheaded that he is "just upset that someone took his favourite toy" -- I laughed and wanted to clap when she said that. when he wanted brownie points that he almost came back but had to go back as his girlfriend was pregnant, she is like "so you abandoned us twice? and I am supposed to say what?" :lol:

I think kdramas ought to drop the fauxcest trope. that is just a bore. they should take a leaf out of this dizi and go for instead in-laws. this is hilarious because the male lead was forced to be a witness to his ex getting married. :lol: ofcouse he does not know that it is a fake marriage but it was super amusing to see him and his new wife sign as witnesses. and oh the tension in the house. the second leads are half-siblings and they have no idea their spouses were married once. the male lead gets jealous that his ex has a man in her life and his kids are calling this man "baba". she is meanwhile just trying to keep her head down till she can leave with new set of fake identity papers that the second lead promised to get her. oh the drama.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in most dramas, the second couple are there to bring comedy but here, they bring the real drama! 

it will be interesting to hear both of your thoughts on the ending.... 

Good point - they are definitely bringing the real drama! And they're not one-dimensional characters, which is great. In fact I think Min Woo is a bit "flat" as a character (he doesn't have much to do) but I'm still enjoying watching him fall for Eun Ha.

Oooh, what MV is out there for the 2nd couple?

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

he abandoned his wife and children because he was sick of being poor. he amazingly justifies it saying he was young and stupid. not sure how that is an excuse but okay. he hooks up with this rich chick for a year but is guilt ridden. again, are we supposed to feel sorry for him that his guilt was eating him up?? ummm, okay then. when he finally decides that he is not interested in rich chick and wants to go back to his wife, he finds out that he has knocked up his girlfriend and she is pleading with him not to break up.

:lol: This sounds vaguely like the one you were watching last time, where the ex-hubby who abandoned his wife and kids shows up in the neighborhood again and the former wife realizes that he's now re-appeared in her life. Or am I remembering that wrongly? :D

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

fauxcest

Learning a new word here. What is that?!

~

Good day, everyone!

healthy-broccoli-chicken-soup-3.jpg

ctto

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Oooh, what MV is out there for the 2nd couple?

fan made MVs! not often the villain couples get those. :)

4 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

:lol: This sounds vaguely like the one you were watching last time, where the ex-hubby who abandoned his wife and kids shows up in the neighborhood again and the former wife realizes that he's now re-appeared in her life. Or am I remembering that wrongly? :D

the same exact one!! I have been binge watching the episodes I was behind on the last few days. previously I just kept track by just watching clips and trailers. (so much efficiency! hahhahaha). let me add that to my post! :)

5 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Learning a new word here. What is that?!

kekeke... so this is some bizarre trope in kdramas. who knows what the writer who came up with this trope was smoking... so basically the leads to their horror find out that they are related as siblings or cousins. they then go through intense drama only to find out they are not related at all. so problem solved, they get back together! :lol: it is a mix of the word - faux + (in)cest = fauxcest. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

the same exact one!! I have been binge watching the episodes I was behind on the last few days. previously I just kept track by just watching clips and trailers. (so much efficiency! hahhahaha). let me add that to my post!

Ha! Otherwise I was going to say that these Turkish dizis all sound very similar. :joy:

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

they then go through intense drama only to find out they are not related at all. so problem solved, they get back together!

Niiiice. :gangnamstyle:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Good evening sweeties! :dorakiss:

I've been busy at work lately and the little time I have I've been spending on the event thread. 

Hope everyone is doing well! :kiss_wink:

This article made me laugh :joy:

Konglish Terms ONLY used in South Korea & Korean Television

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/02/konglish-terms-only-used-in-south-korea-korean-television

I don't care what anyone says - "man-to-man" sounds suspicious to me.

@joccu Did you watch the I Live Alone segment with Minho and Key. They were so funny!

fe814f10882b2a262d712bb19a327bb8.gif

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... so this is some bizarre trope in kdramas. who knows what the writer who came up with this trope was smoking... so basically the leads to their horror find out that they are related as siblings or cousins. they then go through intense drama only to find out they are not related at all. so problem solved, they get back together! :lol: it is a mix of the word - faux + (in)cest = fauxcest. 

omg which drama had this ?? sounds JUICY hahaha. i remember a similar premise: MY GIRL - fake cousin/sister, so the romance was possible but looked weird to outsiders

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

is anyone one recommending this drama Twenty-Five Twenty-One it’s catch my eye on Netflix but I didn’t watch it is good to watch anyone 

I am not watching but I read that some people enjoy the drama more than the weather one. I say that you should give it a try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon , @agenth is anyone one recommending this drama Twenty-Five Twenty-One it’s catch my eye on Netflix but I didn’t watch it is good to watch anyone :D

i very much recommend it. it's been some time since i've liked a drama so much! it's going well so far! it reminds me a bit of my own childhood. and there are some funny scenes there too. but so far no abs. does NJH even have them ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon , @agenth is anyone one recommending this drama Twenty-Five Twenty-One it’s catch my eye on Netflix but I didn’t watch it is good to watch anyone :D

I'm the only EO not watching the drama. @confusedheart found a new oppa in it, @agenth has not been complaining that any character is annoying her (yet) and @Sleepy Owl is vehemently denying that his noona Kim Tae Ri is doing a bad acting job this time around.

So in summary: everyone is loving it except for me. :D

714 C

• LOL 4