Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@joccu @Sleepy Owl yeah I never watched Dexter either.  I just read the synopsis (because it was such a big hit).  Dexter didn’t just kill the offenders, he used serial killer type methods to do so?   It never felt right.  No matter how bad the person is, it’s not right to torture them before they die so they have a taste of their own medicine?  So what makes you any different to them then? :blink:  I like my dramas with a clear line between right and wrong.

@joccu as for why the writer keeps us guessing (with practically zero chance of getting it right because she keeps introducing new variables), it’s because she thinks that plot twists are the be all and end all to keep the audience watching?  That’s why she keeps doing it.  She (?)  did the same thing for God’s Gift 14Days.  But it’s a risky way to write a story.  Because if you have too many plot twists, you end up with a lot of loose ends to have to tie up in the end.  And you inevitably end up with loose ends that lead nowhere because you run out of time to tie it all up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

9 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@joccu @Sleepy Owl yeah I never watched Dexter either.  I just read the synopsis (because it was such a big hit).  Dexter didn’t just kill the offenders, he used serial killer type methods to do so?   It never felt right.  No matter how bad the person is, it’s not right to torture them before they die so they have a taste of their own medicine?  So what makes you any different to them then? :blink:  I like my dramas with a clear line between right and wrong.

@joccu as for why the writer keeps us guessing (with practically zero chance of getting it right because she keeps introducing new variables), it’s because she thinks that plot twists are the be all and end all to keep the audience watching?  That’s why she keeps doing it.  She (?)  did the same thing for God’s Gift 14Days.  But it’s a risky way to write a story.  Because if you have too many plot twists, you end up with a lot of loose ends to have to tie up in the end.  And you inevitably end up with loose ends that lead nowhere because you run out of time to tie it all up. 

318 :fun:

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

@Sleepy Owl Chingu, It was really interesting second half.  I was little bummed for Dortmund but we still have a second game.

@nrllee I do like dramas to have little gray side but in Dexter it was too dark.  But also For me Dexter was no anti-hero he was just killer who killed killers.  he was as bad as the others. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@Wuzetian @joccu @partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @Jillia 

@Abs_ triggered

@larus @cenching @pompyavi

@sadthe1st @Min2206 @MayanEcho

@mirmz @Thong Thin @4evrkdrama 

@Sarang21 @strongtower @BlackLotus1025 sum this up, add the numbers or subtract . hai everyone. :D

tenor.gif

original.gif

tumblr-mf029l9-F6g1qf4dh3540.gif

Spoiler

phhwkkmhqky.gif

suns and skies.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 8

12 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Sleepy Owl Chingu, It was really interesting second half.  I was little bummed for Dortmund but we still have a second game.

I guess Dotrmund had one disallowed goal too :rubchin:

The second will be interesting. Dortmund having an away goal, means it is basically a draw here since 1-0 victory in the second leg will get them to the next round. Man City also have a history of bottling in the later stages of the CL despite having a lead. 

Chelsea plays Porto tonight, after the humiliating performance against West Brom in PL, I really hope the players have moved on and put on a great performance. 

@nrllee I agree with you on Dexter. That is clearly crossing the line and not something I would really root for the ML doing.

As for this drama, I have never watched the previous work by this writer (most probably). I have not watched her "God's Gift 14 Days" which I have heard was great in start and was ruined by the end. But every episode having a cliffhanger and plot twists with less development somewhat gives the signal that the writer is not sure with their writing style and want the viewers glued by those plot twists and cliffhangers, which you also mentioned. Let's hope the writer will not end up being trapped in all those plot twist and end it without leaving any loose ends. 

Also, I really hope to see a psychological thriller, with a simple plot in terms of certain elements like the brain transplant, the lead having some super powers etc. Namgoong Min's Awaken was completely ruined by the whole super power and other stuff despite having a solid synopsis. Same is the case with Mouse, it is doing better than the "Awaken" of course, but I am still disappointed over the brain transplant thing :isannoyed:

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

26 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

@BlackLotus1025What's crab saram? I googled and none came up. A delicacy? 

+2

Oh, I thought you were talking crab saram at first, so I thought you were talking about a crab person because saram is the Korean term for person. Haha. But when I checked what you and @Min2206 meant, I saw it's crab maras. ^^

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

As for this drama, I have never watched the previous work by this writer (most probably). I have not watched her "God's Gift 14 Days" which I have heard was great in start and was ruined by the end. But every episode having a cliffhanger and plot twists with less development somewhat gives the signal that the writer is not sure with their writing style and want the viewers glued by those plot twists and cliffhangers, which you also mentioned. Let's hope the writer will not end up being trapped in all those plot twist and end it without leaving any loose ends. 

+2

I've watched this drama, and yes, the ending was really questionable. Haha! It started really well and all the casts did well, too. But the later scenes suddenly became confusing and lacking. It's a drama which you can really finish but never really the one that you'd want to re-watch.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

14 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also, I really hope to see a psychological thriller, with a simple plot in terms of certain elements like the brain transplant, the lead having some super powers etc. Namgoong Min's Awaken was completely ruined by the whole super power and other stuff despite having a solid synopsis. Same is the case with Mouse, it is doing better than the "Awaken" of course, but I am still disappointed over the brain transplant thing 

I know.  The brain transplant was totally unnecessary?  She already had the ML who was supposed to have the psychopath gene?   Why would he need a second dose of another killer’s brain to make him even more psycho?  :expressionless:  That just makes zero sense?   Unless she was leading us on all along and there was a baby swap (which is even more ridiculous) and the ML didn’t actually have the gene but was “normal”.  She’s written herself into a hole.  And for them to need a special episode to explain all that happened in the first half just says she didn’t put enough in there to be clear?  Although I seriously doubt her special episode is going to explain a lot of the plot holes/loose ends she left us with.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

11 minutes ago, twinkle_little_star said:

@Sleepy Owl , @joccu , @BlackLotus1025 @Wuzetian hai. :D

and would you like some tea? :D

Hide contents

strong winds cause trees to sway.

Hello, @twinkle_little_star! What tea flavor do you have? Haha!

5 minutes ago, Ummi Sharif said:
  Hide contents

Hi @Ummi Sharif! :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

@blacklotus Oh person! That conversation was with @Thong Thin not @Min2206 :D

Reveal hidden contents

+2

Uh oh! I had the names mixed up again. Haha! 

Yes, so, who's your favorite saram? ^^

5 minutes ago, Ummi Sharif said:

Halo juga 

Hello again! I believe you are/you will be a member of Team Add since your username starts with U? Welcome to this thread/Welcome back to this thread! ^-^

Am I right chingus?

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

Hello @sadthe1st @BlackLotus1025 @mirmz @Lmangla @joccu @Sleepy Owl @nrllee @Wuzetian @twinkle_little_star @partyon @MayanEcho

Icecream GIF - Find on GIFER

Ice-cream for all of you - HELLO ! 

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Today I'm on Intermittent Fasting. So will only eat dinner later. But drinking lots of water to keep hydrated :)

I did IF last year, during lockdown coupled with exercise.  Went down 3 kg but after the lockdown, could not go down further, still at the same weight (the reduced weight).  This year, I fell sick for a week, went down 1 kg.
Hahaha!   Just found out from an app that I had to increase my metabolic rate.    Did you do the 20-4 or 16-8 @Wuzetian ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6